PDA

View Full Version : unstoppable super soldier

Seth62
2011-03-09, 10:23 AM
okay, I have an Idea for a character for are ECL 8 campaign and I wanted to see if it's a good idea so opinions, the backstory is he is a escaped experimental super soldier from an evil fortress in the frostburn campaign.

So I started with the Feral Gargun race (RoS p91)
2HD monstrous human Level Adjustment +1
30' Movement, Darkvision 60', Resist Cold 5., +2 Natural Armor, Acclimated (no altitude penalties), Powerful build (Bull rushes, trips, Grapples, ect., as well as uses weapons like a large., Mountain movement (treat jump checks as if at a running start)
+4 str +2 dex +4 con -2 int -2 cha

Then I added the half-troll template (FF p93) like I said super soldier experiment so that makes him
A giant and a large creature
+4 Natural Armor, fast healing 5, scent feat, two 1d6 claws and a 1d8 bite, rend ability
+6 str, +2 dex, +6 con, -2 int, -2 cha
Lvl +4

and finally to make him more battle hardy and even easier to mind control I added the Gheden template (DR313 p63)
+4 to intimidate, Immune to energy drains, fear and confusion, +2 saves vs. fear, poison, disease, paralysis, & spells from the necromancy school, He gained the Endurance, diehard, and toughness feats, when splashed by holy water takes 1d4 damage, when dies there is a 3% per HD chance of rising as a Zombie, has 50% fortification, is detected by detect undead as if it were half its HD, ages at 1/4 the natural rate, Negative Energy damage is negated by a successful save and you take half on a failed save.,Detects mindless undead at will at character level, and is vulnerable to turning as in a failed save you suffer a -4 penalty on attacks, saves, skills, & ability checks and a command or destroy attempt stuns you for 2d4 rounds., dead nerves: immune to massive damage stunning, & non-lethal damage. -8 on skills involving touch but +4 on concentration checks.
+4 str, -2 dex -2 con -2 int -4 cha
Lvl +1

so in summary

+14 str
+2 dex
+8 con
-6 int
-6 cha

He's a large that wields a Huge weapon (plus monkey grip makes gargantuan)
fast healing 5
2HD Monstrous Human
Has 50% fortification
Endurance, diehard, and toughness feats
two 1d6 claws and a 1d8 bite attack
dead nerves: immune to massive damage stunning, & non-lethal damage. -8 on skills involving touch but +4 on concentration checks.
Immune to energy drains, fear and confusion,
+4 to intimidate
+2 saves vs. fear, poison, disease, paralysis, & spells from the necromancy school
Negative Energy damage is negated by a successful save and you take half on a failed save.
+6 Natural Armor
when dies there is a 3% per HD chance of rising as a Zombie
Has a rend ability
Acclimated (no altitude penalties)
Mountain movement (treat jump checks as if at a running start)
Darkvision 60'
a movement of 40'
Detects mindless undead at will at character level.

Barbarian or fighter??? :smallconfused:
So thanks for looking and if you want this as well you can take this idea

Show
2011-03-09, 10:28 AM
Barbarian all the way. It fits with the character flavor, no?
Also, you get more bonuses to Con and Str while raging!

Seth62
2011-03-09, 10:31 AM
oh by the way a gargantuan sword or axe is 32 feet long!

Zuljita
2011-03-09, 10:34 AM
the stats youve stacked look more barb than fighter, perhaps working towards frenzied berserker. that would make him more of a shock troop for loosing at an enemy fortification and hiding till hes killed everything though, which may or may not be what you are going for.

BRC
2011-03-09, 10:36 AM
I don't think you can wield gargantuan weapons. Monkey Grip lets you wield a weapon as if you were one size bigger than your actual size, same with Powerful Build, they don't stack. You are actually Large, Powerful Build lets you wield a weapon as if you were Huge. Monkey grip would also let you wield a weapon as if you were Huge, except you already can, so it does nothing.

Show
2011-03-09, 10:37 AM
I guess you should also take some barbarian because for the first few levels, you will still be fairly fragile because of low HD and you'll have very low will saves. Rage boosts will saves a bit, IIRC.

Seth62
2011-03-09, 10:38 AM
I was going for unstoppable murdering power house! fast healing is always a plus and the weapon size is scary 6d6 longsword or greataxe means a lot of fun!

Seth62
2011-03-09, 10:45 AM
I'm sad now they do not stack indeed :smallfrown: little less cool