PDA

View Full Version : Prince of Persia?

Geohound13
2011-03-09, 10:55 AM
Can anyone give me a Prince of Persia build for either shadowrun or D&D 3.5?
any books can be used

Essence_of_War
2011-03-09, 11:24 AM
Try something like this:

Rogue 1-4/Swash 1-3/Invis Blade 1/ SS 1-2/Invis Blade 2-5/SS 3-4/ Whatever

Whatever could be 4 more levels of swordsage, or of rogue, or of rogue prc dips to pick up extra sneak attack.

Make sure to take the "Shadow Blade" feat (ToB) and "Daring Outlaw" (CScoundrel). Be a human. Try to get your DM to wave the odious feat requirements for invisible blade, they aren't really supposed to have either PBshot or Far shot as pre-reqs. This is some left over garbage from when the master thrower and invis blade were merged.

What do you get?
Str/Dex/Int to damage
Wis/Dex/Int(sometimes) to AC
7d6 Sneak Attack with daggers (+2d6 SS stance)
Tons of skill points.
A good selection of maneuvers, DM/DW/SH/TC seem most appropriate schools.

Downsides:
You're feat starved, but who isn't. You're especially feat starved if you want to wield 2 daggers. (3 two-weapon feats, daring outlaw, shadow blade, leaves you only 3 free slots and strong arguments could be made for two-weapon rend, Adaptive Style, and double swing)

The maneuvers give you some flexibility in combat when you can't sneak attack for oodles of damage. The feint ability from Invis Blade can be highly useful also. You won't always be using your swift action to use a boost, and against enemies that don't have super high BAB, feinting can be quite effective as long as you keep your bluff skill up.

Alternative:
SS 20 works just fine. Maybe a 2 level dip in Ranger or Fighter or both for feats, and some fort save. Gives you 5 extra feats over the other build, 3 of them may be highly relevant. Keep mainly to DM/TC/DW/SH for maneuvers. Especially notice the move action and swift action teleport powers in SH. So saucy!

CyMage
2011-03-09, 11:44 AM
I've actually thought about that a while ago. The general idea was a Swift Hunter with Hidden Talent/Speed of Thought/Up The Walls. Favored Enemy: Arcanist, levels of Martial Adept, or Prestige classes added to taste.

Kaeso
2011-03-09, 11:56 AM
Remember that by DnD standards level 20 basically makes you less than a god but more than a man. The prince's attributes are incredible, perhaps even unhuman (his parkour abilities are pretty over the top compared to the slightly more realistic Altaïr from Assassins Creed) so I would put him somewhere between level 6 and 10 in terms of power. Strong enough to defeat some supernatural horrors (created by the Sands of Time), but certainly not strong enough to walk into the Abyss and turn it into his personal playhouse.

That said, I think Two levels of fighter/ranger (for 2wf and some related feats) plus a few levels in swordsage. Mostly because they give the dance of the spider stance and the sudden jump manouvre (which could emulate the Prince's breakneck stunts). Good feats would obviously be the twf tree and the feat "crescent moon" from one of the complete books (I think complete warrior). If you wield a sword and dagger (the Prince's weapons of choice) and hit your foe with both, you can attempt to disarm him.

Daftendirekt
2011-03-09, 11:56 AM
Yeah, any build has to at least have a naturally psionic race/wild talent, so you can get Psionic Focus and take Up the Walls (necessary) and Speed of Thought (good and flavorful), like CyMage said. I mean, come on, Up the Walls is one of the Prince's core moves.

Don't forget to take a look at the skill tricks in Complete Scoundrel, also.

Cartigan
2011-03-09, 11:57 AM
Yeah, any build has to at least have a naturally psionic race/wild talent, so you can get Psionic Focus and take Up the Walls (necessary) and Speed of Thought (good and flavorful), like CyMage said. I mean, come on, Up the Walls is one of the Prince's core moves.
Running on the walls can be duplicated by AT LEAST the Monk with mundane means.

Psyren
2011-03-09, 12:01 PM
Not only can psionics accomplish the running on walls and cool acrobatics, it can even do his time rewinding/accelerating/stopping schtick from the SoT trilogy.

Now what I wonder is how someone would do Elika from the 2008 reboot.

Cartigan
2011-03-09, 12:08 PM
Not only can psionics accomplish the running on walls and cool acrobatics, it can even do his time rewinding/accelerating/stopping schtick from the SoT trilogy.

Except he never did that. It's called Sands of Time because they were sands of time. The sands had the power to manipulate time, not the Prince. The Prince was just a bad ass normal with an artifact weapon.

Psyren
2011-03-09, 12:18 PM
Except he never did that. It's called Sands of Time because they were sands of time. The sands had the power to manipulate time, not the Prince. The Prince was just a bad ass normal with an artifact weapon.

Even if you want to tie the powers exclusively to his equipment, you still don't need an artifact - make the dagger a dorje with the relevant powers (there's even a feat that lets you attack with dorjes as though they are daggers.)

But I find that most builds like this, people like to be self-contained and not dependent on items. A lightsaber is technically equipment as well, but just look how many jedi builds out there use either Soulknife, SW Psywar or Glaivelock. What do they all have in common? Creating the weapon themselves.

Cartigan
2011-03-09, 12:48 PM
Even if you want to tie the powers exclusively to his equipment, you still don't need an artifact - make the dagger a dorje with the relevant powers (there's even a feat that lets you attack with dorjes as though they are daggers.)

But I find that most builds like this, people like to be self-contained and not dependent on items. A lightsaber is technically equipment as well, but just look how many jedi builds out there use either Soulknife, SW Psywar or Glaivelock. What do they all have in common? Creating the weapon themselves.
One stupid way to do things is no excuse for doing other things a stupid way. Also, Jedi do have inherent powers.

Psyren
2011-03-09, 12:50 PM
One stupid way to do things is no excuse for doing other things a stupid way.

http://xkcd.com/359/

Also, Jedi do have inherent powers.

The lightsaber isn't one of them, last I checked.

CyMage
2011-03-09, 12:55 PM
Running on the walls can be duplicated by AT LEAST the Monk with mundane means.

Last time I checked, the core monk only had the ability to slow their fall when near a wall. Not run on the wall.

Cartigan
2011-03-09, 01:05 PM
The lightsaber isn't one of them, last I checked.
But those are all psionic classes. If you are going to have to mimic the Jedi's ability ANYWAY, lets go ahead and throw in the lightsabre, which normal people can't use ANYWAY. And those are what? Most of the psionic melee classes? Yeah.

Last time I checked, the core monk only had the ability to slow their fall when near a wall. Not run on the wall.
That is correct. With the correct stipulation - "core." Now since we are NOT looking at core, we can replace slow fall with the "Run up walls because I'm a bleedin' Monk" alternate class ability from what book, I forget - Dungeonscape or PHB II or something.

CyMage
2011-03-09, 01:43 PM
That is correct. With the correct stipulation - "core." Now since we are NOT looking at core, we can replace slow fall with the "Run up walls because I'm a bleedin' Monk" alternate class ability from what book, I forget - Dungeonscape or PHB II or something.

It's from Dungeonscape. Up The Walls is still superior because it does not limit you to up and down, nor how far you can go and becomes aviable much sooner. Level 1 instead of level 4.

Psyborg
2011-03-09, 04:33 PM
If homebrew is allowed, may I suggest the Riven Hourglass Discipline (http://sorcererstudios.com/showthread.php?15-Riven-Hourglass-(BETA-COMPLETE)) (original GitP thread here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176602), but the first link should be the up-to-date one)? Has some cool time-manipulating abilities and seems fairly balanced, though I've never personally seen it in play.

TheGreyWolf1600
2018-06-07, 03:54 PM
I'm no expert on either of those systems, but I'm good at AD&D 2e. Either way, I have an idea. If we boil him down, then we get Dual Wielding, Time Travel, and Parkour. With the time travel, that's a "Good luck, pal", in hoping the DM will be nice enough to give you something so ludicrously powerful. As for Dual Wielding, I'd say take Ranger for class. And parkour, just put Dexterity as your highest stat, take numerous levels in any agility/acrobatics related profiencies, and expect MANY checks. Again, this may only work on 2e. I don't know. And also, put most/all weapon profiencies on scimitar and dagger. Or whatever weapons you plan to use. To counter the dual wield penalties. Anyways, I have no clue.

Goaty14
2018-06-07, 05:14 PM
Please check the last post date, bro.
https://tandemgeek.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/threadnecromancyjk7.jpg

TheGreyWolf1600
2018-06-07, 08:37 PM
Sorry. Whoops. Not trying to play necromancer (although the Diablo II class is pretty awesome), I just was searching for a way to make such a thing myself, and I always forget to check dates.