PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Mud Genesai, Clumsy fighter build, build help

Darth Stabber
2011-03-09, 12:43 PM
So a while back I had this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109273) idea. Now I really don't want to go reigniting that particular flame war, but I was curious how I would go about doing this effectively now. There has been a lot of new material since that was written, and I was curious about how I could to it better.

Keep in mind the same Idea still holds true, the idea is to miss with earthshock.

Kurald Galain
2011-03-09, 01:13 PM
Keep in mind the same Idea still holds true, the idea is to miss with earthshock.
...what's the point? You'll be stickier by hitting with Earthshock, because that also marks everyone around you and knocks them prone. Add two or three other burst attacks (like Come And Get It) or the Warden multiclass and you can keep the mass mark up for pretty much the entire combat.

Darth Stabber
2011-03-09, 01:43 PM
...what's the point? You'll be stickier by hitting with Earthshock, because that also marks everyone around you and knocks them prone. Add two or three other burst attacks (like Come And Get It) or the Warden multiclass and you can keep the mass mark up for pretty much the entire combat.

Hold on

Now I really don't want to go reigniting that particular flame war, but I was curious how I would go about doing this effectively now.

I am going to do it whether it sucks or not. The question is how to do be the most effective with the prerequisite of this particular trick being a fuction of the build.

tcrudisi
2011-03-09, 02:16 PM
...what's the point?

Style.

As for the OP - the only thing I can think of off-hand is to use Summoned Platemail and don it when making the attack roll for -2 to attack, then banish it when completed for your normal attack.

This will create a bit of a rules debate, though. The PHB says that you benefit from the first armor you put on. To me, this implies that you put on your scale armor first and get the bonus to AC from that. Then, when you summon the platemail, you won't get any benefit from it... but a penalty to attack rolls (and reflex) for wearing armor you are not proficient in? That's not a benefit.

/edit - Just realized that Summoned Armor specifically excludes donning it while wearing other armor. Bummer.