PDA

View Full Version : Brain fart. (dnd 3.5/d20 modern)

TheThan
2011-03-09, 03:52 PM
Ok guys and gals, I need a way that allows a player to add (at least) one cross class skill to his list of class skills. I know there is a hand full of them out there and quite honestly, I can’t seem to come up with any.

Specifically I need a feat. See I’m working on making some NPCs for a D20 modern game. The character i need this for is a biker. I wish to start him out as a strong hero and advance him into the daredevil advanced class.

Adapting a 3.5 feat to D20 modern is a cinch so converting a feat is not a problem.

Keld Denar
2011-03-09, 03:55 PM
There are a variety of ways, but most of them are specific to a given skill. Unless its a knowledge skill (cause Education makes ALL knowledges class skills always), most of them aren't gonna be very useful. Martial Study adds the discipline skill as a class skill. The magic mantle adds UMD as a class skill. Etc...

So, what skill are you looking for?

TheThan
2011-03-09, 04:01 PM
There are a variety of ways, but most of them are specific to a given skill. Unless its a knowledge skill (cause Education makes ALL knowledges class skills always), most of them aren't gonna be very useful. Martial Study adds the discipline skill as a class skill. The magic mantle adds UMD as a class skill. Etc...

So, what skill are you looking for?

specifically concentration. I need alot of ranks in both drive and concentration, i've got drive dealt with via the character's starting occupation.

Keld Denar
2011-03-09, 04:08 PM
Martial Study: Moment of Perfect Mind

This gets you Concentration as a class skill forever, can be taken at level 1, and allows you to 1/encounter make a concentration check in place of a will save. Perfect.

Drive...not so sure. I'm not familiar enough with D20 Modern. Sorry.

TheThan
2011-03-09, 04:29 PM
Drive I’ve got handled.

I was thinking of something a bit more generic than a TOB feat. (not that there’s anything wrong with TOB).

If push comes to shove i can homebrew something.