PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) Shapechange form

Goonthegoof
2011-03-10, 10:06 AM
Up to 25HD and from any 3.5 source, what would be the best form to shapechange into permanently? Something with interesting abilities I was thinking, and the gloom (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/gloom.htm) looked pretty fun. So, anyone got any favourites to share?

As a secondary note, do you get the creature's spell-like abilities?

Alleran
2011-03-10, 10:23 AM
Illithid for Illithid Savant, or Beholder for Beholder Mage.

Now that those are out of the way, there's a list of shapechange options around somewhere (I think I remember seeing the list on BrilliantGameologists). Among them are things like Very Young Force Dragons, Chronotyryns, Adult Gold Dragons, Ha-Nagas... seriously, there's a vast list that changes depending on what you want to do at the time. If you want a permanent change a la Savage Species transformations, it could really be anything.

Though really pouring on the dairy product with Savage Species would be to change into a Wyrmling Time Dragon and then abuse its aging mechanism to hit Great Wyrm status in a matter of days.

EDIT: No, you do not get SLAs with the Shapechange spell. You can get it via Savage Species transformation rituals, but I'm not sure of other methods.

Douglas
2011-03-10, 10:25 AM
I kinda like Solars.

No, you do not gain SLAs from Shapechange.

LordBlades
2011-03-10, 10:35 AM
IMHO the best (best as in useful for the largest range of situations) use for Shapechange is stuff with multiple actions/round

Gullintanni
2011-03-10, 10:43 AM
IMHO the best (best as in useful for the largest range of situations) use for Shapechange is stuff with multiple actions/round

The only economy more valuable than money.