PDA

View Full Version : Initiate of the Golden Wyrm (4e, Paragon Path)

Zaydos
2011-03-10, 12:21 PM
Initiate of the Golden Wyrm

Children of the wyrms, arise. In your flames the fate of the world rests.

Prerequesites: Sorcerer, Dragon Magic Class Feature.

I originally intended this for Wizards but realized, early in the creative process, that it fit sorcerer fluff better. Would it be balanced to make all references to Charisma be Int or Cha and open it to all arcane characters instead of just Dragon Sorcerers? Also would it be a good idea even if it is balanced?

The blood of gold dragons pounds in your veins. You are descended from Io via his greatest children, and you have as your birthright a portion of their power and their strength. You wield this power, using it to divide enemies so that you and your allies can drive deep into their hearts.

Initiate of the Golden Wyrm Path Features

Wings of Flames (11th level): When you spend an action point you also sprout wings of flames which push creatures within close burst 1 up to 2 squares as a free action.

Scales of Gold (11th level): The first time you become bloodied during an encounter you gain a +1 bonus to all defenses until the end of the encounter.

Heart of Draconic Power (16th level): You gain a +2 on saving throws.

Initiate of the Golden Wyrm Path Spells

Breath of the Golden Wyrm Initiate of the Golden Wyrm Attack 11
Your face and body turns a gleaming magnificent gold, as fire builds within your body and soul. Opening your mouth you release it in a wave of flames to purge the battlefield.
Encounter * Arcane, Implement, Fire
Standard Action --- Close Blast 5
Target Each creature in blast
Attack Charisma versus Reflex
Hit: 2d6 + Charisma fire damage and the target is weakened until the end of your next turn.

Wings of the Golden Wyrm Initiate of the Golden Wyrm Utility 12
Great wings of gold sprout from your body covered in magnificent flames. You take flight, using the wings to propel yourself through the air.
Daily * Arcane
Minor Action ---- Personal
Effect: Until the end of the encounter you gain a fly speed of 6 and can hover, although you cannot fly more than 4 squares above the ground. In addition if you are hit by an adjacent creature you may make the following implement attack.

Immediate Reaction --- Melee 1
Trigger: An adjacent creature hits you with an attack.
Target Triggering creature
Attack Charisma versus Fortitude
Hit: The target is pushed 3 squares.
: I like giving them flight, but I’m not sure if this is a good way to do it in 4e (4e and flight always seemed hard to mix for me). Is this too strong? I’m worried about the balance of the entire class but this part worries me the most.

Golden Tomb of Flames Initiate of the Golden Wyrm Attack 20
A net, of wondrous sparkling gold, flies from your hands to coat the battlefield. Even as the net settles softly, it catches ablaze revealing its true nature. The net of flames constricts holding its foes within it, to wreath and burn.
Daily * Arcane, Implement, Fire, Zone
Standard Action --- Area Burst 1 within 10
Target Each creature in burst
Attack Charisma versus Reflex
Hit: 4d6 + Charisma fire damage and the target is immobilized (save ends)
Miss: Half damage and the target is immobilized till the end of your next turn.
Effect: The burst creates a zone of fire that lasts until the end of the Initiate of the Golden Wyrm’s next turn. Each creature that starts its turn within the zone takes 15 fire damage.
Sustain Minor: The zone persists.