PDA

View Full Version : Character idea, help with build [3.5]

SilverLeaf167
2011-03-10, 02:22 PM
I have the basic idea for my character for an upcoming game: he's either somehow discriminated for being different
OR
he's trying to prove to the world that the so-called "forces of evil" can be used to accomplish good causes.

Now I'd just need a good melee build, or more preferably just race and class to use with this idea. As little bookkeeping as possible, I don't want spells and psionics but maneuvers or invocations should be fine.
Let's assume he's level 10.

Daftendirekt
2011-03-10, 02:26 PM
Race
Tiefling
Drow
Hellbred?

Class
Malconvoker
Warlock

I'm sure somebody else could contribute more.

Zaq
2011-03-10, 02:26 PM
A Malconvoker has exactly this as the default fluff (that is, it uses evil creatures for good causes), but it's the exact opposite of low bookkeeping.

You're going to have to be more specific with what you want, really. Damn near any adventurer can be discriminated against for being different.

Keld Denar
2011-03-10, 02:30 PM
Outcast Hero (Races of Destiny) is a PrC for half elves and half orcs who embrace their differentness. Its melee oriented.

Hexblade can fit in the neccessary evil schtick. While they are non-good, they can still champion good causes using questionable methods. Use the fixed Hexblade though, as the one published in CWarrior is a bit lackluster given it's early state of publishing.

SilverLeaf167
2011-03-10, 02:31 PM
Okay, Lesser Tiefling sounds good. Maybe Swordsage, just for the standard awesome-sauce?

That's exactly what I meant: some race and/or class commonly considered to be evil. Perhaps... Lesser Tiefling, Swashbuckler/Warblade/Swordsage? I definitely want either Daring Outlaw OR Warblade OR Swordsage, which would you recommend?