PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew 3.5 Warlock Invocations [P.E.A.C.H.]

Kydell
2011-03-10, 07:06 PM
I made up quite a few warlock invocations, and I was looking to get some helpful advice from other gamers on how they could be more balanced, or new ideas for invocations. These invocations are meant to make the warlock a bit more versatile in battle, with quite a bit of tactical flavor. Check it out:

Invocations:

Least
Bone Spear: Grow magical bony spikes usable as javelins. Also damages unarmed attackers.
Eldritch Missile: Eldritch Blast ignores cover/concealment.
Magus Aegis, Lesser: Reduce Eldritch Blast damage to increase AC.
Primeval Barrier: Summon multiple crystalline barriers on the battlefield.
Summon Item: Summon small marked item to your person.
Unholy Speed: Gain an increase to your base speed.

Lesser
Abyssal Geyser: Open up a thermal vent beneath your foes, damaging them and knocking them prone.
Amaranthine Pyre: Blast becomes purple flames, catching your foes afire.
Azure Vein: Blast forms slippery icy path, that entangles foes it hits.
Brimstone Hail: Blast rains down on area, hitting foes multiple times if they stay inside.
Chains of the Damned: Summon bloody spiked chain.
Ebon Lightning: Blast becomes black lightning, possibly disarming foes.
Sapping Roots: Drain HP from foes in an area.
Sinister Salvo: Split Blast between foes, ignore forward cover.
Vatic Spirit: Sense through blast, control it for consecutive rounds, then detonate.
Delayed Blast: Imbue area/small item with blast effect, making grenades or mines.

Greater
Magus Aegis, Greater: Summon magical tower shield.
Putrefaction: Decay nearby corpse, nauseating foes.

Invocation Descriptions:

Brimstone Hail (Blast Shape, Lesser 3rd):*Your Eldritch Blast is manifested as a rain of blazing sulfuric bolts. Designate a circular area within 60 ft. from you with a radius equal to 10 ft. per 5 warlock levels, rounded down. Also designate up to 1/2 your warlock's level in targets within this area to be struck by this attack. You make a ranged touch attack against all of the selected targets, which, if successful, deals damage equal to your Eldritch Blast damage, minus the amount of designated targets, minus 2. The following round, if any of the selected creatures remain in the same square as before, they are hit with a second barrage which deals 1/2 of the initial amount of die in damage, minimum 1 die.

Sinister Salvo (Blast shape, Lesser 3rd):*The warlock's Eldritch Blast is manifested as several brilliant projectiles shooting from your hand and arcing high overhead onto your enemies. Designate an amount of creatures to divide your eldritch blast in between. There must be at least 1d6 damage per target, all targets must be within 80 ft, and no farther than 15 feet from another target. This attack ignores forward cover, but not overhead cover, or concealment. Each bolt is resolved as a ranged touch-attack.

Eldritch Missile (Blast Essence, Least 2nd): Your Eldritch Blast becomes an Eldritch Missile, homing in on your target, eliminating AC bonuses due to anything less than total cover, and ignoring anything less than total concealment. This is force damage that also ignores incorporeal miss chance. However, the damage die for your blast are reduced to d4s, and the attack still requires a ranged touch attack roll to hit.

Ebon Lightning (Blast Essence, Lesser 4th): This invocation turns your Eldritch Blast into a bolt of Stygian electricity that cracks loudly as it lurches from your fingertips across the field toward your target. The damage dice are changed to d20s. However, your die amount is reduced to 1d20/5 levels of warlock, rounded down. Also, there is a 20% chance the struck creature will drop 1 of its held items. The damage is not electrical, but if the targeted creature is immune to electricity, it is also immune to the disarming effect.

Amaranthine Pyre (Blast Essence, Lesser 4th ): This invocation turns your Eldritch Blast into a jet of violet flame. Your damage dice are reduced to d4s. However, your die amount increases by 1/4 levels of warlock, rounded down. Also, for the following 1d4 rounds, the target takes 1d4 damage per 4 levels in warlock, rounded down, unless this fire is put out. This is not fire damage, but creatures who are immune to fire damage are not subject to be lit afire.

Azure Vein (Blast Essence, Lesser 4th):*This invocation changes your Eldritch Blast to resemble a quickly spreading path of thick, cobalt ice. Your damage die are changed to d10s, and your die amount is reduced to 1/4 levels of warlock, rounded down. If your Eldritch Blast hits a target, they are also entangled and must make a Strength or Escape Artist check equal 14 + Cha modifier + 1/2 your caster level to be freed. If the entangled target fails the first save, he becomes anchored to the ground. The subject may make another Escape Artist or Strength check on every following round until they break free. This is not cold damage, but creatures immune to cold damage are not subject to the entangling effect. Also, the path created by this attack becomes a slippery area as if under the effect of a Grease spell.

Delayed Blast (Blast Shape, Lesser 4th): This allows you to take a full-round action to imbue a 5-foot square, or a tiny or a diminutive object you hold with the power of your Eldritch Blast. The power stays imbued for a number of rounds equal to your caster level + your Cha modifier. When a creature (not you) steps into the square or attempts to use the imbued item, they trigger your Eldritch Blast to explode, dealing damage equal to your Eldritch Blast damage to them and anyone in contiguous squares. You may also throw the imbued item as a grenade-like weapon that detonates on impact. Anyone damaged in this fashion can attempt a reflex saving throw for half damage.

Primeval Barrier (Least, 2nd): You may summon up to your Cha modifiers worth of crystalline barriers within line of sight from your current position which break through the ground, and cover one entire side of a 5 foot square. This barrier gives you low cover (+4 AC), and has 3 hit points per inch of thickness. Each barrier has 1 inch of thickness per caster level. Once a barrier is broken, it cannot be summoned in the same place for 24 hours.

Unholy Speed (Least, 1st):*You gain an increase to your base speed equal to 5 ft/3 caster levels, rounded down for 24 hours.

Vatic Spirit (Blast Shape, Lesser 4th):*Your Eldritch Blast is manifested as a Vatic Spirit. As long as you maintain Concentration every round up to a maximum number of rounds equal to 1/2 your warlock levels, rounded down, you may control this blast, moving at 40ft per round. You have darkvision out to 10ft from the spirit, and may choose to remotely trigger the spirit to explode, damaging everyone within a 15 by 15 ft. square centered on the spirit. Targets caught within this blast are offered a Fortitude save to receive half damage.

Abyssal Geyser (Blast Shape, Lesser 4th):*Your Eldritch Blast takes the form of an abyssal geyser. This is a line within 60 ft from you, but not necessarily starting at your position. This line is 10 ft per 4 warlock levels, rounded down and deals damage equal to your Eldritch Blast damage. The target(s) of the attack are offered a reflex save for half damage, and if they damaged by the geyser, they must succeed another reflex save DC equal 10 + your caster level + your charisma modifier, or are knocked prone.

Sapping Roots (Lesser 3rd):*You summon a field of vile, sinewy roots to entangle and sap life from your foes. You designate a square area starting within 30 ft. from you equal to 5ft per 2 caster levels per side, rounded down. Within this area, you determine a number of targets equal to your Cha modifier to have the roots attempt to grapple. Each root has a grapple bonus equaling 1/2 your warlock level, rounded down + your Cha modifier. If any root is successful in grappling it's foe, and does not have it's grapple broken by your next round, it does 1d6 damage to its foe. You receive an amount of hit points equal to the damage dealt, not exceeding your natural hit point total. Every round, on the captured foe's turn, the target may attempt an opposed grapple check to break free from the roots. You may not use this invocation unless there are currently no other Sapping Roots in play.

Putrefaction (Greater 6th):*You cause a corpse within 10 ft. per 2 caster levels from you to rapidly decompose, and subsequently release a cloud of putrid stink. The cloud covers a circular area with a radius of 10 ft. centered on the corpse. Anyone caught within this cloud must make a Fortitude save DC 16 + your charisma modifier or be nauseated for 1d4 rounds.

Magus Aegis, Greater (Blast Shape, Greater 3rd):*The power of your Eldritch Blast is focused into a form resembling a tower shield. In this form, you cannot use your Eldritch blast to attack foes, it cannot be modified by other invocations, and while it is in use, other invocations cannot be used. This shield gives you a shield bonus to your AC equal to 5 + 1 per damage die of your Eldritch Blast, and full cover against those directly in front of you. The shield has a hardness equal to your DR granted by the warlock class, and hit points equal to 10 per caster level. If the shield is broken by an attack of a foe, there ensues a small explosion that deals you 1/2 the damage of your Eldritch Blast, and you may not manifest the shield again for 1d4 rounds. Dismissing the shield is a move-equivalent action. You may only move 10 ft. while the shield is active.

Magus Aegis, Weak (Blast Shape, Least 1st): You manifest a small shield on your arm that does not impose an arcane spell failure chance. When you summon the shield you choose to subtract an amount of die from your Eldritch Blast that cannot exceed 1 less than your total damage. You receive an AC bonus from the shield equal to 1 + the amount of dice subtracted. You may move your normal speed, and use your Eldritch Blast, with damage equal to the remaining damage die while the shield is active. Manifesting this shield is a move-equivalent action, and provokes an attack of opportunity. Dismissing the shield is a free action which does not provoke an attack of opportunity.

Bone Spear (Least, 2nd): You sprout spiky, bone-like growths about your body. When an opponent attacks you with an unarmed strike, or a natural weapon, they receive damage equal to ¼ your warlock level, rounded down. Growing these bony protrusions is a move-equivalent action that provokes an attack of opportunity. Also an amount of shards equal to the amount of damage dice in your Eldritch Blast can be removed from your body and used as javelins. Each shard can be thrown 30 ft + 10 ft per 5 caster levels, rounded down. Removing a bone javelin is a free action, that allows iterative attacks for a split base attack bonus, and also provokes an attack of opportunity. Also, these attacks are resolved as ranged touch-attacks, each dealing 1d8 + 1 damage. These are considered magical for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. After removed, the javelin lasts 1 round per 5 caster levels, and you may re-grow any lost javelins with the same move-equivalent action as described above.

Summon Item (Least 2nd): You place a magical symbol on an amount of items equal to ¼ your warlock level. You may summon one of these items to your hand as a move-equivalent action. These items may be no larger than 1 cubic foot per 5 warlock levels. Also, the magic involved makes the item appear so malevolent that no creature would buy it unless they fail an appraise check DC 10 + your Cha mod.

Chains of the Damned (Blast Shape, Lesser 3rd): Darkness coalesces around your arm then lengthens into a crimson spiked chain dripping with blood 10 feet in length. This chain acts exactly like a spiked chain, including the ability to trip and disarm at a +2 bonus. You are automatically proficient with this weapon. Also, this chain can be used to attack, dealing ½ of your Eldritch Blast damage, rounded down. This damage is evil, or chaotic-aligned damage (chosen at the point of summoning). You may not apply any other invocations to this chain, or your Eldritch Blast while the chain is manifested, however, you may still use your Eldritch Blast with your free hand at the same ½ damage. Manifesting this chain is a move-equivalent action that provokes an attack of opportunity. Relinquishing grip is a free action that makes the chain disappear, and does not provoke an attack of opportunity.

Editing and balancing made possible by:
Re'ozul

blackjack217
2011-03-10, 07:13 PM
Magus Aegis (Blast Shape, Lesser 3rd):*The power of your Eldritch Blast is focused into a form resembling a tower shield. In this form, you cannot use your Eldritch blast to attack foes, it cannot be modified by other invocations, and while it is in use, other invocations cannot be used. This shield gives you a shield bonus to your AC equal to 5 + 1 per damage die of your Eldritch Blast, and full cover against those directly in front of you. The shield has a hardness equal to your DR granted by the warlock class, and hit points equal to 10 per caster level. If the shield is broken by an attack of a foe, there ensues a small explosion that deals you 1/2 the damage of your Eldritch Blast, and you may not manifest the shield again for 1d4 rounds. Dismissing the shield is a move-equivalent action. You may only move 10 ft. while the shield is active.

Magus Aegis, Weak (Blast Shape, Least 1st): You manifest a small shield on your arm that does not impose an arcane spell failure chance. When you summon the shield you choose to subtract an amount of die from your Eldritch Blast that cannot exceed 1 less than your total damage. You receive an AC bonus from the shield equal to 1 + the amount of dice subtracted. You may move your normal speed, and use your Eldritch Blast, with damage equal to the remaining damage die while the shield is active. Manifesting this shield is a move-equivalent action, and provokes an attack of opportunity. Dismissing the shield is a free action which does not provoke an attack of opportunity.

http://nerdcityonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/TrapLARGE.jpg

Re'ozul
2011-03-10, 08:25 PM
Being A great Fan of the Warlock class, I will try to give my analysis as good as possible.

Brimstone Hail

Way too powerful. Its powerful even when you get it. at 7th level it means doing 2d6 to 3 targets for 6d6 total, a good party friendly pseudo AoE.
At level 20 you are the bane of mass-battles, with 40ft radius, 10 targets and 7d6 each. You have a damage potential of 70d6 for a standard action. The only mitigating factor is, that it is useless in party-vs-one fights. 2 enemies mean good damage, and starting with 3 enemies you become way too good. The repeating aspect might be too strong.

Possible Solution: Reduce number of damage dice by (number of designated targets-2, minimum 0)instead of the flat 2, that greatly reduces the uber damage by going against many target and makes this even slightly better against 2 or 3 enemies.
Furthermore, have the repeating aspect strike the same square as before instead of creature, to both increase the tactical aspect and mitigate power.

Sinister Salvo

It looks like a modified eldritch chain. You took away the linear cutoff aspect and gave more targets, but reduced the range damage. A good essence carrier. Shouldn't be a problem.

Eldritch Missile

Basically Improved precise shot for free. Still too weak in my eyes as the feat is something that blasters might choose anyway.
I'd advise on making it force damage, ignoring incorporeal miss chance, that would be an extra incentive to take it.
From what I have noticed, you need to be persistant in naming things. Make this an essence, to have die-size changes only be in those.

Ebon Lightning

After looking at the die size change problem, if all die size changes are essences its not a problem. This is one for gamblers, not my thing, but great damage potential. The shock effect is nice. Overall still weak in my opinion.

Amaranthine Pyre

Way too many 4s in one paragraph.
Increases your average damage to 66.25 at lvl20.
So basically you get to do double damage.
I'd say its too much, but the warlock is really hurting in the damage department. at level 8 you get 22.5 average damage instead of 14. Its also fire, so I don't think this essence makes any problems.

Azure Vein

Less damage, but guaranteed entangle. There is an item called Bracers of the entangling blast that does something similar. The high DC is probably what makes it good. Are the characters also anchored or simply entangled?
If its the former, they are basically immobilized, so that would be interesting. Still, considering the afforementioned bracers, its not really worth an invocation.

Delayed Blast

I'd say get rid of the limited number but give a maximum duration with the possibility of an earlier triggering. Otherwise this becomes your explosive runes and is just weird.

Primeval Barrier

Nothing to nag about here. In fact I find it very appealing, you can instantly give people cover from enemies and with enough moving around can keep it up to make a sort of maze. Fun and tricky. I like this very much.

Unholy Speed

I assume this is one of the 24h buffs? Its interesting.
Make it Caster level, not warlock level though (same goes for everything in case i missed it so far). I'd make it 5ft/3CL though for 30ft at lvl18. Remember that it has to be worth one of the rare invocation slots.

Vatic Spirit

Remote Suicide Bomber Spirit? I can see how it could be useful, but those uses are very circumstantial at best. It has a lot of flavour, but isn't really strong enough. Make the save a Fort-save and give it twice the speed and its better in my opinion.

Abyssal Geyser

This one is very good. The high knockdown DC makes it very useful. Not sure how that works against larger craetures though.

Sapping Roots

While I'm not very good with grapple rules, isn't that a very low modifier?
Otherwise its like tentacles but greener.

Putrefaction

Always having troible with sickened and nauseated, at first I thought that it was kinda weak. But considering what nauseated can do and the nice DC, its a very good invocation, especially for Vermin-flavoured Warlocks.

Magus Aegis

I'm inclined to agree with Ackbar up there.
However it IS a nice defense for when you are the one to stem the tide for a bit, though when that happens, you are in deep trouble anyways. I assume it does not incure the normal disadvantages from using a tower-shield? If you are a melee type and are going against things that are weak in HP and attack but low in damage, this might be useful, otherwise its not really worth it.

Magus Aegis,weak

This one on the other hand is awesome for those that use touch attacks to hit enemies in melee. (bestow-curse Warlocks and such), you get a scaling boost to AC and no detrimental effects. I would consider it awesome.

Bone Spear

Biggest Question, is removing one of the Javelins a free action, i.e. can you make iterative attacks with them? If yes, awesome. Do they degrade after a while or can you stock up on them (remove and put on cart for later use).

Summon Item

From any place? Why do I suddenly see Warlocks inscribing symbols on load-bearing stones from cathedrals? Still, i can't see too much use for it at the moment.

Chains of the Damned

So its not a touch attack. Does the Damage still ignore DR or is it weapon damage? This is a very good choice for a hybrid ranged-melee warlock. I like it very much.

Kydell
2011-03-10, 08:38 PM
Thanks Re'ozul, you have been very helpful. I definitely appreciate the time you took to look at my stuff. I kind of just sat down and made this list, so it ought to be pretty imbalanced. I'll look into changing it, though. Also, Primeval Barrier is one of my favorites as well, I'm looking to incorporate some of these into my next campaign.

blackjack217
2011-03-10, 09:00 PM
Seriously though you can't use invocations with Magus Aegis, nor blasts, what are you supposed to do hit things?.

Re'ozul
2011-03-10, 09:27 PM
True, you can't use them with Magus Aegis. That leaves you with normal melee attacks. Unlike normal Tower Shields this one might not have the detrimental effects of them.
So perhaps no ACP, no -2 to attacks and such. Maybe include that unlike a normal Tower shield it can block spells since it itself is one.
You still can stab people with a dagger, or other weapons you are proficient with. Its more of a last resort thing in my opinion.
Though it pales in comparison to its "weak" form, since with that you can still throw other invocations around.

It would be more interesting, if on being broken, the shield explodes outwards, damaging the enemy.
Either them for full blast and you for half, or just them for half. Especially in the second one you could be a passable blocker.

Actually I just thought of something:
Make the Major Aegis work as described with 1/2 damage outwards if broken to make it useful in its purpose. Its still kind of weak now though.
So why not give it Spell-Turning equal to half its Dice rounding up. Whenever the spellturning effect would decrese due to returned spell, the AC bonus of the shield also lowers the according number of dice. When the spellturning effect hits zero or is overwhelmed, the shield breakes dealing half the remaining damage outwards.

Example: 14th level Warlock = 7d6 Blast = 4 Spell turning and +12 AC

Returns a scorching ray:
4-2= 2 remaining Spell turning levels
7-2= 5d6 Blast
12-2=+10 AC

Shield is struck chain lightning (lvl 6 spell), Spell turning is overwhelmed.

Blast is reduced by another 2: Results in outwards blast of (3d6)/2
You take appropriate damage from chain lightning according to spell-turning rules.

At 20th level, that gives you Spell turning 5, and a minimum blast of 4d6/2 when it breaks, it still makes you a good target, but at the same time it allows you to actually somewhat be that target.

Kydell
2011-03-10, 10:48 PM
That's a really cool take on Greater Magus Aegis Re'ozul. I was also thinking of a Prismatic Blast, with dice swapping/scaling and actual elemental damage, An invocation that allows you to dash through people, damaging them as well, much like Lightning Leap from Complete Mage. A spore attack, possibly taking from the Miconid's spore ability in MM2. A focused Eldritch Blast shape invocation that increases the critical threat range. A unique sonic attack, with a secondary effect, like my amaranthine pyre, ebon lightning, or azure vein. Summoning a totem or something similar to emit a badass aura. And one more that might allow you to make limited-use mundane items, like Fabricate. I could use some help actualizing these ideas, or dispelling them if they aren't warlock-y enough. Thanks again.

Re'ozul
2011-03-11, 12:06 AM
How about:

Prismatic Blast (Essence Greater 5th)(based on Prismatic Ray (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20051202a&page=3))

"You give control of your power over to magic itself, hoping that it will guide your Energies into the right paths. As your Blast takes form it flashes wildly in all the colors one can imagine and some one never should."

When imbuing your Eldritch blast with this essence, roll a d8.

1 Red: Your Blast deals Fire damage. Should the target posess resistance to fire (but not fire immunity) its resistance is reduced by half the number of dice your Blast posesses for 1d4 rounds. Furthermore the target needs to succeed on a Reflex save against DC 15+ your Charisma modifier or catch fire dealing a cumulative 1d4 points of damage per round until put out. Both these effects stacks. For the puropse of this blast reduce your Blast dice to d4s.

2 Orange: Your Blast deals Acid damage. The target takes half the blasts damage again on the next turn. and half againthe one after that etc. This effect stacks. (This blast form is not subject to spell resistance)

3 Yellow: Your Blast does electricity damage and leaves the enemy shocked. The enemy gains the entangled condition for a number of rounds equal to half the blast number of dice. (This works on enemies that are resistant to electricity but not on those that are immune to it, if an enemy is usually immune to the entangled condition but is not immmune to electricity he is affected by this ability) For the purpose of this blast, increase your Blast dice to d8s.

4 Blue: Your blast does cold damage. If your blast uses an attack roll, the targets are shrouded in a 5ft radius (this effect is calculated from the "borders" of the creature) mist reagrdless of hit (effects like obscuring mist). Unlike other mists, this one persists and cannot be dispersed by wind (though fire spells are capable of dispersing it). It lasts for a number of rounds equal to half the number of blast dice that affected the enemy. Every creature starting in it or moving into takes cold damage equal to half the amount of blast dice that "created" it in d3s. (blast 5d6, cold damage 2d3) Every turn the fog persists this amount of damage dice is reduced by one. If your Blast uses an area shape, the fog covers the entire area as well as all squares adjacent to it.

5 White: Your blast does sonic damage. The loud thunderclap noise it creates leaves the target deafened for 2d4 rounds (Fort halves). In addition, for every two dice of blast damage you can attempt to shatter an obvious item on the target (weapon, armor, etc). (This effect only applies to blasts that require an attack roll, on forms such as cones and bursts, only the target closest to the effect-origin can be targeted with the shatter)

6 Green: Your Blast is laced with a deadly poison. Your Blast does no actual damage, but does 1 point of constitution damage die of blast damage that would normally affect the target. A succesful Fortitude save against DC 15 + your charisma modifier halves this damage. On your next turn the affected targets must make another Fortitude save or take another 1 point of constituation damage. This continues until they have saved.

7 Gray: As "call of stone" (PHB II) but target is turned to stone after only 2 failed saves.

8 caleidoscope: Your blast bursts forth in a myriad of colors. Any target in the blasts influence (hit by attack roll or within cone, even if it saved against the damage and/or has improved evasion or similar capabilities) must attempt a Will save against DC 15 + your charisma modifier + half the number of blast dice or be confused for a number of minutes equal to the number of blast dice. (Targets usually immune to mind-affecting effects are still affected, but gain a +5 to their saving throw)

Heh I had fun making this.

Kydell
2011-03-11, 04:52 AM
Ok, these are a little different, but i was thinking you could use them and fell flight altogether to be a badass demon thing, check it:

Two Heads of Demogorgon (Lesser, 3rd): Your head splits into two vile baboon heads, resembling Demogorgon's own. You cannot make gaze attacks like Demogorgon, but you gain two natural bite attacks as a part of your full attack action. The damage is 1d4 per head for a medium creature, 1d3 for a small creature, or 1d6 for a large creature (Scaling appropriately for smaller than small or larger than large)..

Lashing Tail of the Horned Devil (Greater, 5th): You grow a 5 ft long tail with a large, jagged spike at the end. You gain a natural tail attack that deals 1d6 damage for a medium creature, 1d4 for a small creature and 1d8 for a large creature (Scaling appropriately for smaller than small or larger than large). Also, every attack with the tail leaves an open bleeding wound, dealing 1 damage per round, which stacks with itself. The maximum amount of stacked bleeding damage equals 1 per every 5 caster levels, rounded down. This wound does not heal naturally, and can only be stopped with a successful Heal attempt DC 15 + your Cha modifier, a cure spell or a heal spell.

Rending Claws of the Bebelith (Dark 7th): Your arms elongate into the deadly Spiked claws of a Bebelith. You gain two natural claw attacks as a part of your full attack action, dealing 1d6 damage each for a medium creature, 1d4 for a small and 1d8 for a large creature (Scaling appropriately for smaller than small or larger than large). Furthermore, if you hit with both claw attacks, then you deal damage to the foes armor equal to 1d8 + 1 per 4 caster levels. Enemies without armor are immune to this special attack. Armor reduced to 0 hit points is destroyed. Damaged armor may be repaired with a successful Craft (armorsmithing) check. Manifesting or dismissing these claws is a standard action that provokes an attack of opportunity. While these claws are manifested, you may not hold items or articulate with your hands properly, rendering you unable to perform spells or invocations requiring a somatic component

Kydell
2011-03-11, 06:58 PM
Ok, a few more:

Cacophonous Clap (Blast Shape, Lesser 4th): You focus the power of your Eldritch Blast into a singular booming clap. This sends out a visible shock wave of energy, damaging enemies in a 30ft line for your Eldritch Blast damage minus 1 die (minimum 1), and deafening all within a 30 ft cone for 2d4 rounds (Fort halves). This is not sonic damage, but creatures immune to sonic damage are not deafened.

Caustic Sputum (Blast Shape, Lesser 3rd): The energy of your Eldritch Blast turns your spit into a thick, corrosive and sticky substance, which does not damage you, but can be spit up to 20 ft + 10 ft per 5 caster levels. This is resolved as a ranged touch attack. The amount of damage die are reduced to 1d6 per 3 warlock levels, but the attack deals +1 damage per die. If the target is hit, your spit sticks to the enemy, burning it the next 1d4 rounds, halving the damage dealt each time. Also, if another creature touches the affected creature, they also receive the same amount of damage on the remaining rounds as if they had been struck. This is not acid damage, but creatures immune to acid damage do not receive the secondary damage.

Hallucinogenic Spore (Lesser 4th): You release insidious spores in a ray with a maximum reach of 30 ft + 5 ft per 5 caster levels. The targeted creature must succeed a Fortitude save DC 14 + your charisma modifier, or become confused, as the spell for 1d4 per 5 caster levels.

Stag Rush (Blast Shape, Lesser 3rd): Your Eldritch Blast rushes at your target, becoming an illusion of a large dire elk with blood red eyes before hitting and knocking back your enemy. Your Eldritch Blast is shot as a 30 ft line with a width of 5 ft + 10 ft per 6 levels, rounded down. This attack does not go through foes, but when it hits them, it deals damage equal to 1 per damage dice of your Eldritch Blast, instead of full damage. Also, the target is subject to a bull rush, and must make a Strength check, DC = 13 + Cha modifier + 1 per damage dealt, or be pushed 5 ft away from the caster per damage dealt.

Channeled Blast (Blast Essence, Leser 4th): Your Eldritch Blast is summoned before you as a sphere of raw arcane power, the longer you channel the blast, the more powerful it becomes. If you spend a standard action to use your Blast, it does d4s in damage. If you spend a full-round action to use your Blast, it does the normal d6s. Two rounds changes your damage to d8s.

madock345
2011-03-12, 01:49 AM
Ok, a few more:
Channeled Blast (Blast Essence, Leser 4th): Your Eldritch Blast is summoned before you as a sphere of raw arcane power, the longer you channel the blast, the more powerful it becomes. If you spend a standard action to use your Blast, it does d4s in damage. If you spend a full-round action to use your Blast, it does the normal d6s. Two rounds changes your damage to d8s.

I think the problem with this Invocation is that you take a damage hit when using it with the normal time; maybe you can use Eldritch Blast as a swift action for 1d4 dice? Then standard could be 1d6 like normal and 1d8 would be a full round action.

Kydell
2011-08-13, 10:20 PM
I just thought of another invocation, tell me what you think.

Tempestuous Breath of the Wolverine (Blast Essence, Lesser 4th): A thick cobalt mane condenses around your head when you use your Eldritch Blast with this Essence. Your Eldritch Blast is manifested from your snout as a slicing torrent of wind that deals slashing damage, and pushes your target 5ft/die of damage in a direction that you specify.