PDA

View Full Version : Moving the Heavens (Group 1 IC Thread)

Tsumeken
2011-03-10, 09:32 PM
Anyone who got the envelope:
By following the instructions, you arrive at a warehouse near the ports in Dolimier. Boxes are stacked high in all the corners as very dim lighting provides some illumination. You had been instructed to wait here and that your host would be there shortly.

Anyone who heard about the tournament:
The fairgrounds are particuarly heavy with the peasantry and knighthood and anyone else looking to fill their pockets with prize money or merely a day with mirth. You easily find the registration desk for the tournament. There appears to be a line so you will have to wait your turn.

VirgoBushin
2011-03-10, 10:05 PM
Theresa

Getting back to Dolimier had been actually very easy for Theresa. Unknown to most people, this was where she had been born and raised so all she needed to do really was recall what direction she had travelled to whilst staying in her temporary home of sorts. It had been a nice, small town for her to have temporarily resided in.. but the black envelope she had received a couple days ago was proof she needed to cease hiding from her past.

Still, a couple things had been bothering her since she'd left. Did her getting the letter mean someone had actually known of her origins? Or was it merely coincidence? Her hazel eyes closed as she continued walking through the streets of Dolimier. Rather than the entire flashback going through her mind, only the reason she had even tried to come here had done that. A young boy with matching blond hair but in place of hazel, blue, eyes was in her mind and it made her smile. I know I've tried to say this so many times before... but I really am sorry about that day, Anthony....

A soft sigh escaped her and she opened her eyes in time to avoid bumping into another individual. She'd have to visit his man-made grave that she'd dug herself later. For now, her business it seemed was with whomever this host would be. As she arrived at the warehouse, she found herself to be the first one here. In truth, though, it didn't overly amaze her. Few people knew the easiest ways to this town unless they were from here as she was. Deciding in the end to remain standing up, she patted her back carefully, ensuring her greatsword was still there. Upon feeling the answer to be yes, she smiled. Now that Anthony was gone, that was one of her more precious items she still had. Now to play the waiting game I guess...

Echo_3
2011-03-10, 11:21 PM
getting to the Tournament town of Dolimier, was a bit of a treck since the roads there were never really taken care of. After she arived at the town and had lived in the wilds with her husband for so long, getting used to the city hustle was a bit of a challenge. after finding a helpful guard, she makes her way to line waiting for her chance to sign up. while waiting, she thinks about her parents and wonders why she left only keeping the thoughts in her head and not saying it aloud. Why did you have to leave when i told you that i wanted to go and see the world mom....

Sinfonian
2011-03-11, 11:58 PM
Before arrival at the warehouse:
As she does at the beginning of each day, Sath has already buffed herself with inertial armor. She will expend psionic focus for the Extend Power feat (+2PP to cost). She will further augment the power by 2 for another +1 AC. After that she will have meditated to regain focus.
+5 AC, Total PP Spent: 5, Total Duration: 10 hours.
As for actual duration remaining, I'll leave it up to the DM what time of day she arrives at the warehouse.

Sath takes quite some time to find the warehouse indicated by the envelope she received, as she has never been to this city before. As usual, she experiences mixed emotions as she walks through the streets attempting to find her destination. On the one hand, she is always happy to be around people, she could nearly feel their thoughts and emotions bubbling around her. On the other hand, she recognizes the need to be wary and not necessarily expose herself to any unnecessary scrutiny. She keeps the cowl of her cloak pulled low over her face.

She sees people milling about and people discussing a tournament of some sort. I wonder if it has anything to do with why Lyra sent me here? And why would she send me here in the first place? She'd like to think she didn't know why she followed the instructions given to her, but that would only be lying to herself. The real answer was that she hadn't got anything better to do, and as suspicious as the woman had been, there was no indication there was something to fear from her.

When she arrives at her destination, she looks around the place and is quite happy to be able to see in the dark, one of the few benefits to having "special" kin. She sees the other woman standing there, and (seeing that it isn't Lyra) holds up the black envelope. "Are you here for this too? Or are you the person I'm supposed to be meeting?" She keeps her voice even to project an image of confidence, though meeting with strangers in an otherwise empty warehouse is not the sort of thing she can really feel confident about.

VirgoBushin
2011-03-12, 12:29 AM
Theresa

Theresa had been deep in thought prior to hearing a voice speak. As her eyes opened, she saw another woman now inside the warehouse as well. Her hazel hues remained on the newcomer, as if silently sizing her up, before merely nodding and moving a strand of blond hair behind her ear. "I'm waiting for whomever our host is supposed to be. I wonder if he or she knows how horribly rude it is to keep others waiting though..."

Remaining against the wall she had been leaning against, Theresa slowly began squatting down then finished and ended up sitting on the ground. She had never minded getting dirty when she needed to do so and now was no exception. With no chairs having been provided, the ground was the only real place to sit and she wasn't going to remain standing now that it was becoming rather uncomfortable to do so. "And you are? I'm Theresa." She said, keeping her eyes ahead of her for now. It was an annoying instinct... one that was telling her that the host would show up in front of them rather than trying to sneak behind them. At least, she hoped and was pretty sure no one would be that dumb to try such a thing..

esorscher
2011-03-12, 12:35 AM
Lindsay waits patiently in line, though he can't stop his restless legs from stomping out a steady beat. He gazes around the fairgrounds, keeping a weather eye for trouble, or anything out of the ordinary. Then again, he muses to himself, how would he know what is out of the ordinary at a carnival?

yugi24862
2011-03-12, 10:03 AM
Overmar stood in the line, examining the other applicants to the tournament. Most of them seemed to be peasants, trying there luck, but Overmar saw a few powerful looking warriors among them, but none of the magi, thank Kord. It would hopefully be a hard fight for the price, but possible for the war gods champion.

Tsumeken
2011-03-12, 04:06 PM
Inside the warehouse:
A trap door opens in the middle of the room. It seemed to be carved out of the floor and showed no hint of being there previously. A cloaked man climbs up out of the hole before replacing the trap door. "Very punctual." He looks around, taking in all that there is to see in the warehouse before turning back to the others. "Pleased to make your acquaintance. My name is Szak and we were hoping to find a few people of notable talents to pull a job that we need done."

Waiting in line:
As you're waiting in line (the first person to post after this one), is bumped into by a rather well-groomed looking human male. He is clad in a silver mail which lacks a helmet and has a very broad axe strapped to his back. "Watch where you're going,, peasant! These roads are reserved for warriors not some bar room brawlers." He then tuns and walks away. This is seen clearly by all who are in line.

esorscher
2011-03-12, 04:32 PM
Lindsay says nothing, and makes no move of violence toward the man. In fact, he looks sheepishly at the ground, appearing of shattered confidence. 'Play it cool,' he says to himself. 'That big oaf won't know what hit him in the arena.' He even does a double-take at the road behind them, as if considering stepping out of line and abandoning the competition, though the thought never enters his head.

yugi24862
2011-03-12, 04:58 PM
Overmar laughs loudly at the big oaf's bravo. He must of been one of those city watch guards who tryed to act up their 'fighting prowess' whenever then could. Hopefully he would fight him in the tournament, he would show he how a real warrior fought. That man he bumbled into seemed cowardly, like he almost would has fled. Still, it was the cowards who fought the bravest when they were cornered, if those bandit had taught him anything.

damnit, I wanted to have a post where I show off a bit. Trying to atract his attention

VirgoBushin
2011-03-12, 06:02 PM
Theresa

Whilst Theresa had been awaiting a reply from the other girl, she smirked as she saw her instincts had once again been correct. A trap door opened and soon a cloaked figure walked out from it. Interesting entrance... She merely thought but kept it all to herself. Her eyes remained upon the figure, silently wishing that the cloak were lowered even if only a bit. However, the fact he gave a name was good enough for now. "Well then, Szak, what exactly is this task you wanted to ask of us then?" She doubted it'd be anything too impossible... thus far, everything had been pretty simple really. Why should this one be too different?

Echo_3
2011-03-12, 09:21 PM
Hearing the laughter, I turn and look at the person laughing, not noticing the other person that was looking down. Shinna, was a bit suprised and taken back to see a race that she had never seen before. who, and what is he? is he an elf? she thought noticing his ears. as she thinks, she didn't realize the line had moved.

she has never see an aasimar before.

Tsumeken
2011-03-13, 02:13 PM
In the warehouse:
Szak pauses for a moment before answering,, "It's simple enough. I work for an organization known as The Dark Sun. We're a guard under the King and have reason to believe there's a plot set against him at this festival. We have two possible places of interest. One is the tournament itself, the other is what we called you for. Underneath the town square, there is a cavern. It was naturally formed so it might just be bad luck. However, it takes place directly under the fair grounds. We believe there may be an attack from either above or below ground but the guards should be able to deal with whatever happens at the tournament. We need you to make your way to the cavern and just watch it. If nothing happens, easy job. If anything does happen to occur, I trust you'll be able to take care of it."

Outside:
After being registered, you are all given a number and told that you all will be entered into battle against another opponent when the time comes. "These are non-lethal battles, meaning you fight until someone becomes unconscious." The man at the desk signing you up seems to stress that point forward... maybe too much as he continues to note the entries.
(For now, you can either go to the waiting rooms for the tournament or look around the fair grounds. There are basic entertainments among other options should neither of the first two appeal to anyone.)

yugi24862
2011-03-13, 02:29 PM
After signing up to the tournament, Overmar went to the the waiting rooms of the tournament. It didn't mind him the tournament was non-lethal, a victory in combat was a victory in combat to him and Kord. He could then notice who would be a danger in the tournament and who wouldn't.

esorscher
2011-03-13, 02:50 PM
"Do you mean magically, or are you trusting us to restrain ourselves?" Once he finds out the answer to his question, he heads off to take a look around the fair grounds.

Echo_3
2011-03-13, 05:13 PM
After sining up, she heads to the waiting room to see if there is any sort of training dummy there to practice on while she waits. she also keep wondering who that one person was. When she gets down there she goes and looks around for a training dummy if there was one and waits for her number to be called.

VirgoBushin
2011-03-13, 06:09 PM
Theresa

Theresa couldn't help but wonder if the woman was beginning to have second doubts regarding this job, making her inwardly sigh. Shouldn't have come here if she was unsure of herself... She moved a strand of her hair behind her right ear, keeping her greatsword attached to her back. The tournament did sound interesting.... however, it could wait. Right now, she was needed to aid the King and that was much more important than testing out her strength in a contest. "I accept. However, before I head out, is there any chance I can get some last second preparations done along with paying respects?" If she could see Anthony before heading out, she'd do so. Otherwise, she'd wait until after the job was finished but she wanted to know if she'd be rushed or not.

Sinfonian
2011-03-13, 07:48 PM
Sath is indeed uncertain of her place here, doing this, but knows that there has to be something at work here. Besides, perhaps taking part in something like this was just the thing she needed to help establish roots somewhere. She decides this is not the appropriate time for her to sate her curiosity about why she is involved in this. "I will also go, but I will definitely have some questions for you after this task has ended. I am ready right now, what do you need me to do?"

Tsumeken
2011-03-14, 07:13 PM
In Warehouse:
The man looks at Theresa, "I suppose we have time. Please make it quick and return here when you're done. I will then take you to your designated area." He then looked at Sath, "You... we just need to wait for her to get back as I would rather show you both at the same time where you both need to go."

Around Fairgrounds:
"Non-magical. We'd hope you have your own restraints." The mirth and merriment are easily viewed in the faces of the townsfolk. There isn't much interesting in a quizzical standpoint.

Training Room:
The training rooms are quite the boorish place as warriors seem to be getting into the early spirit of competition with trash talk. It's hard to tell whether they carried bigger egos or weaponry. The one thing for certain though is they all seem confident in their abilities. A wooden training dummy stands in the corner, it's shield arm seems very well beat on.

esorscher
2011-03-14, 07:18 PM
Finding nothing of interest, Lindsay heads to the training room.

VirgoBushin
2011-03-14, 09:35 PM
Theresa

Theresa bowed her head respectfully upon hearing he'd give her a couple minutes. She could get more time alone when all was said and done. For now, this was suffice. "That's all I need. Thank you." As she turned, her blond hair flung behind her back. Keeping her greatsword strapped to her side, she began heading off to the local cemetery.

The grave was more than simple enough to find. It was the only unmarked one there, mainly because she had only dug in, buried him, then left. She had been too depressed to mark it with anything, even a mere wooden cross which now made her scoff at herself. "Heh... I must really seem like a crappy sister huh? I swear though... I do intend to make it up somehow...."

Another sigh left her as she finally stood up, brushing off any dirt that had gotten onto her outfit. "I'll be back later when I'm not rushed for time...." She quietly vowed, bowed her head towards the ground, then headed back to the warehouse. "Alright. I'm ready now."

Sinfonian
2011-03-14, 10:55 PM
As the warrior woman re-enters the warehouse, Sath looks up from her quiet meditation and stands. She readjusts her cloak idly, pulling at it so that it falls properly around her. She approaches the other woman, extending a hand toward Theresa. "I'm Sath, if we're going to be working together I should introduce myself properly. I apologize for earlier; I don't really spend all that much time meeting new people. I suppose I'm slightly out of the habit." She seems genuinely pleased to meet Theresa, but her social graces do seem somewhat out of practice.

VirgoBushin
2011-03-14, 11:05 PM
Theresa

As the woman finally spoke, Theresa turned her head. For a bit she said nothing before allowing a wry smile to cross her face and a slight chuckle to escape her. "Quite alright. I'm not really perfect with these types of situations myself either." She accepted the hand shake, looking the woman in the eyes. "We can speak more later but as far as my name goes, I'm Theresa." She then turned back to Szak, waiting to see where it was they were supposed to head out to.

Tsumeken
2011-03-15, 12:44 AM
In the warehouse:
Szak walks back over to where he came in, opening the entrance. He leads you down through the tunnels into a large open cavern. There are many spaces where you could hide and prepare ambushes. He points to three exits, one to the south, one to the west, and the one you just came from in the east. "The east path is the only way out so you only really have to observe these two exits. And just so we're clear on things..." He reaches down into his pockets, pulling out two rectangular gold cards, handing one to each of you. "Each of those are worth 1,000 gold coins. That's half of what you will get when this is done."

Echo_3
2011-03-15, 01:49 PM
she readies her weapons in there spots strapping on her thigh quiver and getting her bow out as she gets back in to the swing of things as its been a bit since she used her bow. she gets ready, and nocks and arrow and fires it at the dummy making sure no one is in the way when she does.

[roll0]
if she hits[roll1]

Sinfonian
2011-03-15, 08:22 PM
Sath pockets the card proffered by Szak. After a moment of contemplation, she looks at the man questioningly. "Just a few questions before you go. How long will we need to stay here? Any idea of when this might be happening? And can we get any idea of what kind of people we might be expecting to come through here?"

yugi24862
2011-03-16, 05:48 AM
Overmar sat in the waiting room, lisiening for some clues about his competiers in the trash talk.

Tsumeken
2011-03-17, 12:53 AM
underground
"About an hour will be all we need of you, afterwords you can leave back through the way we came. The rest of our pay will await you above. We have no idea of whether this will happen or not, but we expect groups of underworld denizens such as dark elves and their kin ma wish to cause chaos." He looks upward as if hearing a sound to high in pitch for the others to hear, "I must be going now, enjoy the rest of the festival when you finish."

at the tournament
Shinna's arrow hit true and hard into the dummy as others look on while numbers are called

~30 minutes later~

underground
The time of boredom comes to an end, the sound of a cart can be heard coming from the southern tunnel as a wagon drawn by a large cave lizard is pulled into the room. The driver keeps his/herself hidden under full cloak while the cart has tarp over it covering the contents.

at the tournament
(for the sense of moving into true fights as opposed to arena fights worth no xp I am going to push you guys into the finals.)
The fights have been fun and rough sometimes as it has narrowed itself down to only a few of you left. the announcer comes over to the tent smiling. "Well well well, it's sure been one hobknicker of smackout to be true." The small halfling seems to be a excitible little feelow who's speech could be somewhat questioned as a loss of sanity. "We decided to have a large battle royale between you all for the finals, adds a bit more zingpow to it all I'd wager! We'll be coming to the pass in a few moments so take this time to check your knickers and knockers so they be ready to sockers!" With that rousing line of nonsense he leaves.

Sinfonian
2011-03-17, 02:34 AM
Warehouse:
As soon as she hears a wagon approaching, Sath curses herself for not having been more proactive in doing something that would aid her in keeping watch over the area. She will manifest detect hostile intent (3 PP), allowing her to tell where problems might come from. She will attempt to suppress the manifestation, not willing to tip her hand quite yet.

Concentration check: DC 17 1d20+11

((Edit: I forgot that they disabled the forum roller for the evening. I'll roll in the OOC thread tomorrow when it should be back up. Either that or I think I can trust the DM to roll for me; but if he gets a 5 or lower...DOOM!!!))

VirgoBushin
2011-03-17, 05:19 AM
Theresa

Prior to heading down, Theresa had taken all of Szak's words into account. Dark elves often do spell out nothing but trouble... She'd never run into one before but she had, at times, heard of them. They sounded very brutal. She tilted her head upon noting her friend seemed to be concentrating.... not one to like bothering others, she began approaching the cart, readying her hand to go back and pull her sword out should it be needed soon. She cleared her throat before speaking to the cloaked driver, "Excuse me but we were instructed to keep a lookout down here. If you wouldn't mind allowing your true face to be revealed along with the cargo..."

yugi24862
2011-03-17, 10:16 AM
Overmar smiled as he heard the news. This way he would not have to decide which fights he used his gifts for and which not, as it would all be one fight. He started to speak words of power as divine power was channeled into his body.

Casting (in order) Bulls Strength,Shield of Faith,Bless and Guidance. After this cast Detect Magic and examine my opponents

Result: 3+ to attack, 2+ to damage, 2+AC and +1 attack on my first attack

esorscher
2011-03-17, 10:19 AM
Aubrey will wait until the last possible moments to manifest his powers, but does so once that time comes. His features take on a certain apish quality to them as he attunes himself with the qualities of a gorilla.

Manifesting Offensive Prescience, Offensive and Defensive Precognition, and Force Screen, all for 1 pp. Animal Affinity for +4 to Strength, for 3 pp.

Echo_3
2011-03-17, 10:28 AM
After hearing the anouncer say that she wonders what he ment by that. Her thoughts quickly fade as she hears the roar of the crowd as the person mentioned that. She noticed this would be a fight that some would not be ready for. She readies her bow and gets an arrow in hand getting ready for what is to come.why would he do that? It doesn't seem like a normal tournament.

Tsumeken
2011-03-18, 04:25 AM
Underground:
The driver jumps as you approach, seemingly spooked by the fact that someone else is here, let alone that they approached. He quickly looks around before spotting Theresa. He reaches down, pulling hard on a lever where the brake would usually be as something in the back of the cart shoots up. It appears to be a large ballista. It seems aimed upward as the bolt fires. It shoots into the ceiling before it starts drilling,, causing the ground to shake.

For Sath:
You detect the evil intent is indeed targeted on the person driving the cart.

Tournament:
As you all stand ready for the signal to begin, the ground begins to shake. The spectators look around, hoping to find the source before it's revealed. A large metal spike drives it's way through the center of the arena. It begins to pulsate as you see glowing runes on it's blades.

Echo_3
2011-03-18, 01:33 PM
stunned at the sight of is, Shinna casts identify to see what the glowing runes do even though she know that the people frown on it a bit.

yugi24862
2011-03-18, 01:45 PM
Stunned slightly by the spike coming up the ground, Overmar gasps, and quickly try's to determine what the runes on it said. This was'nt part of the plan, and looked like it might be dangerous.

Casting detect magic 3 lvl2, 4 lvl1, and 4 lvl0 spells left

esorscher
2011-03-18, 01:47 PM
Aubrey resets his grip on his sword, waiting patiently for more to unfold.

VirgoBushin
2011-03-18, 04:10 PM
Theresa

Well that's one way to get an answer I suppose.... Theresa silently mused as she watched the ballista show itself. Before it landed, she pulled her greatsword off her back and held it in front of her. "So, I'm guessing you were indeed the same people I was told to look out for, hm? Hmph.... come at me then, lest you're too scared!" Even while the ground shakes a bit, she still manages for the most part to keep her balance in front of the cart driver.

Sinfonian
2011-03-18, 04:32 PM
((Approximately, how far away is the cart?))

Edit: Never mind, decided to go a different route.

Sinfonian
2011-03-18, 04:43 PM
Sath is not quite shocked by the evil intent she feels coming from the driver of the cart. She was, however, surprised that he acted on it in such an immediate manner. She throws some of her caution aside, and a low, hollow sound like a gale of wind can be heard in the cavern as the driver is assaulted by a blow of telekinetic force meant to drive him unconscious.

She uses concussion blast on the driver, augmented by 2 extra PP to increase damage (5PP total).

In case a Power Resistance roll is needed, [roll0]
It deals [roll1] non-lethal damage to the driver.

((Now that I think about it, a range would still be useful.))