PDA

View Full Version : Incarnum item?

MammonAzrael
2011-03-10, 11:14 PM
Are there any items dealing with incarnum that have the same relative use as cognizance crystals (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/items/cognizanceCrystals.htm) or pearls of power (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#pearlofPower)?

Zaq
2011-03-10, 11:25 PM
Well, cognizance crystals and pearls of power increase your per-day resources, and incarnum doesn't really have any per-day resources. I'm not sure what you're looking for. Do you just want more essentia? There's the Essentia Jewel (basically a consumable item that gives you an extra essentia for one round), if that's what you want. There's also the Ring of Essentia (which lets you borrow essentia from a donor . . . it's pretty terrible, really), but that's a pretty bad item.

What are you looking for this item to do?

MammonAzrael
2011-03-10, 11:45 PM
I've got some incarnum-related homebrew ideas bubbling around in my head, and I was just curious if essentia had an item like those. I didn't think so, but I wanted to check with the Playground. :smallsmile:

Darrin
2011-03-11, 08:49 AM
In MoI, the new "magic items" were basically soulmelds, so the actual magic item section was pretty lame. The designers may have deliberately decided not to include any items that grant essentia to avoid any possible "infinite loop" abuse.

The only way to get extra essentia from a magic item is the Ring of Essentia, but someone else has to donate it first. There's two ways to do this:

Cast soul boon on someone (including yourself, if need be), have them donate their temporary essentia into the ring. Although the temporary essentia is supposed to dissipate in 1 minute, the description of the ring says: "The essentia stored within the ring remains for 24 hours before it dissipates." You could interpret this to mean the ring overrides the 1-minute duration with its own, but you'll want to clear that with your DM first.

Get a psicrystal and take the Psycarnum Crystal feat. When your psicrystal is within arm's reach, you gain 1 essentia. Put this into the ring. Walk away from your psicrystal, walk back, gain another 1 essentia. You can repeat this for as many Rings of Essentia as you can get your hands on (MIC reduced the price to 6000 GP per ring).

The best way to get ahold of some extra essentia is to use Psycarnum Infusion + Psionic Meditation to treat one of your soulmelds/feats/etc. as if it were at maximum capacity. With hustle (available via Psicrown of the Evader if need be), you can do this as a swift action... and there's probably an infinite loop trick in there somewhere, but I'm not all that familiar with psionics.

Psyborg
2011-03-11, 10:22 AM
If Complete Psionic is on the table, then yes, there's an infinite loop there somewhere. It doesn't matter where "somewhere" is. While Wizards and Clerics definitely have their advantages, nothing beats psionics for making the action economy your bitch.

Draz74
2011-03-11, 12:24 PM
The only decent Incarnum-related equipment is the various Incarnum Foci, which are very handy (but also rather expensive, 15k each IIRC).

Let you put 1 extra essentia into the associated soulmeld, and if you can combine the Foci with another magic item they also give you a workaround for the no-chakra-bind-and-magic-item-in-the-same-slot issue.