PDA

View Full Version : In need of a Co-Op Game! (PS3)

Lord Loss
2011-03-11, 01:25 PM
What the title says. I usually play PS3 games with my dad, we've played Resistance, COD World at War, COD Black Ops, LotR Conquest, Borderlands, LittleBigPlanet and Resident Evil 5. My dad likes shooters and racing games, I like RPGs as well. We were also big fans of SW Battlefront II and Burnout 3 on the PS3.

Thanks in advance, all suggestions are welcome.

Mando Knight
2011-03-11, 01:47 PM
LEGO games. And Rock Band. Even though they don't qualify by genre.

SlayerScott
2011-03-11, 02:05 PM
Marvel Ultimate Alliance is the best next gen coop game for me. but if you and your dad love shooters I strongly suggest Army of Two. I love my Dad but he's really not into video games. I can't imagine the Father son bonding that would come from being an Army of Two - I'm jealous of you right now.

Prplcheez
2011-03-11, 02:08 PM
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is a pretty good game with a Co-Op mode. You can get it in the PlayStation Store for $14.99 U.S.

Psyren
2011-03-11, 02:16 PM
You played LittleBigPlanet - have you played the sequel?

How does he feel about the Move? Some Time Crisis could bring you together.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is a pretty good game with a Co-Op mode. You can get it in the PlayStation Store for $14.99 U.S.

Also this, it's a ton of fun; the co-op puzzles are brilliant and the boss fights are totally manic. Think Diablo 2 with guns and acrobatics.

Wookieetank
2011-03-11, 03:19 PM
Demon's Souls, its a hack and slash rpg and the multiplayer is a little goofy, but once you figure it out its easy to coop in. Its nintendo hard through, which can be a turn off to some, but it is very rewarding when you do make progress!

Ogremindes
2011-03-11, 04:27 PM
Castle Crashers eventually ended up on PS3 didn't it?

Lord Loss
2011-03-11, 04:36 PM
Demon's Souls, its a hack and slash rpg and the multiplayer is a little goofy, but once you figure it out its easy to coop in. Its nintendo hard through, which can be a turn off to some, but it is very rewarding when you do make progress!

I have demon,s souls, but you can't splitscreen :smallfrown:.

Prplcheez
2011-03-11, 04:37 PM
Castle Crashers eventually ended up on PS3 didn't it?

Castle Crashers is another fun game.

Shas aia Toriia
2011-03-11, 07:03 PM
Killzone 3 came out recently and it has co-op.
A great game, IMO.

Lord Loss
2011-03-12, 10:48 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions! I'll be getting Killzone 3 and LBP 2 when the prices go down. In the meantime, we're playing Borderlands (we never got around to beating it) with Pepper the Sniper (Me) and Poncho the Soldier (My Dad). So far it's been lots of fun, although my Dad hates backtracking after just about every quest.