PDA

View Full Version : clericzilla [3.5]

slaydemons
2011-03-11, 05:06 PM
I wish to make one of these literally with firebreathing and being giant and the like does anyone have any suggestions Its currently just for testing how the game works, so we are at the first few levels, but feel free to make it all the way to twenty since I might make it go that big just remember it has to have a few levels in cleric :D

Shyftir
2011-03-11, 05:18 PM
Well I don't think cleric gets a breath weapon on its own. But throwing a couple levels of dragon shaman or dragonfire adept will solve that. Clerics can cast enlarge person pretty early. You won't be giant all the time but you can be when you want to.

Mostly just get the heaviest armor you can and prepare buffing spells. Mix that with a good two-handed weapon and you becoming a devastating melee cleric.

And your still no where close to the power of an optimized build.

slaydemons
2011-03-11, 05:23 PM
Well I don't think cleric gets a breath weapon on its own. But throwing a couple levels of dragon shaman or dragonfire adept will solve that. Clerics can cast enlarge person pretty early. You won't be giant all the time but you can be when you want to.

Mostly just get the heaviest armor you can and prepare buffing spells. Mix that with a good two-handed weapon and you becoming a devastating melee cleric.

And your still no where close to the power of an optimized build.

I want to go around and small Asian people scream RUN ITS CLERICZILLA XD so yeah where is this dragonfire adept?

Elric VIII
2011-03-11, 05:38 PM
Dragon Breath is a 5th level Cleric spell from SPC that gives you a breath weapon (your choice of dragon upon casting) for 1 round/CL, usable every 1d4 rounds. They do 1d8/2 levels damage or 1d6 rounds of a status effect.

DFA is from Dragon Magic. Also Online (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20060912a&page=2)

Douglas
2011-03-11, 05:40 PM
No need for multiclassing, there's a Persistable spell in Spell Compendium that's on the cleric list and gives a breath weapon.

Standard Clericzilla build: Undeath and Planning Domains, which get you Extra Turning and Extend Spell as bonus feats. Go human for another bonus feat and take Persistent Spell and Divine Metamagic (Persistent Spell). You can now apply Persistent Spell by spending 7 turn attempts instead of a higher level spell slot. Spend every additional feat slot you can get on more Extra Turning (take two flaws if allowed), and buff yourself and the party with tons of all-day buffs. Buy as many Nightsticks (effectively Extra Turning in item form) as possible.

If you really want to turn it up, swap out Turn Undead for Destroy Undead from Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (or one of 2 or 3 other alternate class features from other sources that are also compatible with DMM) and take the Sacred Exorcist PrC from Complete Divine. This will double how many spells you can Persist. It's possible to squeeze a third set of Turn/Rebuke/Whatever uses in if you really want to (Death Delver from Heroes of Horror), but you have to lose a caster level to do it.

Also get a Strand of Prayer Beads (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#strandofPrayerBeads) specifically for the Bead of Karma, a Ring of Enduring Arcana (Complete Mage), and possibly a few other caster level boosters to prevent your buffs from getting dispelled.

Now just find a good list of buffs and go to town.

Aemoh87
2011-03-12, 03:39 PM
Any spell to dragon polymorph... then the rest of the standard cleric zilla spells. All you could ever need!

Urpriest
2011-03-12, 04:59 PM
Getting the Wu Jen spell Giant Size would be ideal. Are you sure you don't want to do this with an Archivist? They're almost like Clerics.