PDA

View Full Version : Okamiden! It's here!

Volug
2011-03-11, 07:14 PM
Being an avid fan of the original Okami, I've been waiting for something like this for awhile...

I expected this game to come out next Tuesday, I was pleasantly surprised when Gamestop called and said I can pick up my pre-order! And by pleasantly surprised, I mean shaking from excite meant for the next 5 hours @_@

I have it now, and am about 1 hour and 30 minutes into it. Few impressions....

-Brush thing where the screen transitions isn't terribly annoying as I thought.
-Ink now takes a half pot when you use the brush, will not automatically refill itself. You can get items though that will refill it normally. Not sure how to get more pots...
-Praise seemingly only upgrades your life
-Chibi only has 1 speed, though gets around decently fast anyways
-Camera, for the most part, has a mind of it's own, though FOR SOME ODD REASON.... Isn't annoying, don't know how that worked out.
-Fleetfoot dodge (you start with it, using A in battle) is actually usefull now. While jumping isn't nearly as nice...
-New village right next to Kamiki for some reason.
-Issun is only there for the first half hour or so.
-Menu rocks
-Quick menu for items to be used on the fly is also amazing.
-Chibiterasu is super cute :3
-OMG, teh green imps throw BOMBS nao! D:
-Godhood was taken out... Which is a good thing, it was like permanent invincibility in Okami :<
-No astral Pouches
-Dungeons like a top-down view for most of it, lots of fimiliar puzzles too (I just got through Hana Valley, you are mostly in caves and mountains there so it's an actual dungeon)
-Victory howl is still present.
-What looks to be like the main baddie.... He looks a bit like 02 from Kirby, only colored black instead of white.
-Restoration cutscenes still look AWESOME
-Just found out, after I restored Hana Valley I got another Inkpot. I guess you get inkpots after doing certain story objectives.
-Bloom is now used to clear cursed patches
-Rejuvenation is now activated by tracing the missing/destroyed part of objects.

I'll update the list with things I notice, I'll keep it spoiler free-ish even though I'm not terribly far.

Shas aia Toriia
2011-03-11, 07:26 PM
Yes!! :smallbiggrin:
How awesome is it?

Dvandemon
2011-03-11, 07:39 PM
Of course godhood would be removed, Chibi isn't a god :smalltongue: (what is he supposed to be?). Keep us posted please!

Terraoblivion
2011-03-11, 07:44 PM
Gah, I totally forgot it was coming out now. Had I remembered it, I'd have it already, but I went and blew my money and now I can't afford it until April.

Dragero
2011-03-11, 07:50 PM
This Is Out Now?

Ohgawdohgawdohgawd

Gamestop! I Know You Can Hear Me! Prepare Your Cash Registers!

Volug
2011-03-11, 08:04 PM
Few more things.

-No astral Pouches
-Dungeons like a top-down view for most of it, lots of fimiliar puzzles too (I just got through Hana Valley, you are mostly in caves and mountains there so it's an actual dungeon)
-Victory howl is still present.
-What looks to be like the main baddie.... He looks a bit like 02 from Kirby, only colored black instead of white.
-Restoration cutscenes still look AWESOME
-Just found out, after I restored Hana Valley I got another Inkpot. I guess you get inkpots after doing certain story objectives.
-Bloom is now used to clear cursed patches
-Rejuvenation is now activated by tracing the missing/destroyed part of objects.