PDA

View Full Version : [WEEK] Join the horde!!!

ShadowySilence
2011-03-11, 11:22 PM
You may have been hearing about the conflict between individuality and uniformity going on soon on Sunday the 13th. I read many a comment from both sides and I decided I didn't have much in common with either. Thus I decided to create another competitor to take part in the upcoming event (I hope this is allowed, I am just winging this here :smallwink: ). So without further ado...

JOIN THE HORDE!!!!

In da horde ya can talk as ye want, do as ye want, pillage, plunder, an tha whole bit. We ave' no allies but ourselves (an' even dat be a rare occasion). We live fer tha fun of it and ave' no regrets.

LET ALL FALL TO DA MIGHT OF DA HORDE!!!

P.S. We really like explosions here! :smallbiggrin:

fimzo
2011-03-11, 11:56 PM
Clones are boring, and my regular avatar suits this well enough, so I'll join. Could you post the signature code?

ghost_warlock
2011-03-11, 11:59 PM
In da horde ya can talk as ye want, do as ye want, pillage, plunder, an tha whole bit. We ave' no allies but ourselves (an' even dat be a rare occasion). We live fer tha fun of it and ave' no regrets.

How does this differ from the rallying cry of Individuality the Resistance stands for?

ShadowySilence
2011-03-12, 12:00 AM
Clones are boring, and my regular avatar suits this well enough, so I'll join. Could you post the signature code?

Sure! :smallbiggrin:

LET ALL FALL TO DA MIGHT OF DA HORDE!!![/SIZE][/I][/B][/COLOR]

And add this to the front [B][I][SIZE="5"]

Welcome to the Horde!

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]How does this differ from the rallying cry of Individuality the Resistance stands for?

Here we don't care about individuality all we care about is havoc, chaos, and plunder we don't care if you are an individual or part of a collective.

Zaydos
2011-03-12, 12:03 AM

So actively warmongering, with a chance of devouring things at my whim? I'll consider it... but I might devour you...

How does this differ from the rallying cry of Individuality the Resistance stands for?

The Resistance is anti-devouring and despite their rallying cry of Individuality seem to support forced comformation to non-violent means unless others start it first.

You know what this thing needs now? A FIFTH ARMY!

ShadowySilence
2011-03-12, 12:06 AM
So actively warmongering, with a chance of devouring things at my whim? I'll consider it... but I might devour you...

And I'll enjoy our epic battle to the death if you do! :smallbiggrin:

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]The Resistance is anti-devouring and despite their rallying cry of Individuality seem to support forced comformation to non-violent means unless others start it first.

You know what this thing needs now? A FIFTH ARMY!

I like the way you think, elaborate on this idea of a fifth army.

Kallisti
2011-03-12, 12:06 AM
We approve. The more factions there are, the more confusing and entertaining this event will be.

Zaydos
2011-03-12, 12:12 AM
And I'll enjoy our epic battle to the death if you do! :smallbiggrin:

I like the way you think, elaborate on this idea of a fifth army.

I might enjoy this Horde :)

As for the Fifth Army it was a reference to when my great-aunt's great-granddaughter's mate (she always was a strange one, fraternizing with a red dragon of all things) was killed by 13 dwarves and a fat halfling. Apparently the humans, elves, dwarves, orcs, and eagles had a bit of a squabble over the hoard.

ShadowySilence
2011-03-12, 12:16 AM

As for the Fifth Army it was a reference to when my great-aunt's great-granddaughter's mate (she always was a strange one, fraternizing with a red dragon of all things) was killed by 13 dwarves and a fat halfling. Apparently the humans, elves, dwarves, orcs, and eagles had a bit of a squabble over the hoard.

Ahh, now I understand the reference! :smalltongue:

Just as a side note to all current and prospecting members, creating a horde based avatar is not a requirement but if you think it will add to the fun go ahead!

Eloel
2011-03-12, 12:25 AM
Apparently the humans, elves, dwarves, orcs, and eagles had a bit of a squabble over the hoard.

My history database suggests it was wargs and not eagles that tried a claim on the hoard.

Zaydos
2011-03-12, 12:30 AM
My history database suggests it was wargs and not eagles that tried a claim on the hoard.

The wargs were fighting alongside the orcs, but some wizard brought a fifth armies of eagles. While the eagles did not want the hoard for themselves they fought in the battle as the fifth side.

ScottishDragon
2011-03-12, 12:33 AM

The great Smaug is dead you say? He took all of our precious jewels and treasures when we were only 400 years from our hatching day! He took everything! And of all things he took our ring that made things turn invisible and plopped it in a river!Oh joyous of days!We have avoided him for so many years!

Eloel
2011-03-12, 12:35 AM
The wargs were fighting alongside the orcs, but some wizard brought a fifth armies of eagles. While the eagles did not want the hoard for themselves they fought in the battle as the fifth side.

Database has been corrected. Fleshling, you may yet have a reason to live.

Moff Chumley
2011-03-12, 01:09 AM
If Our calculations are correct, that'll put Us at thirty five factions by Sunday and over nine thousand by next Wednesday.

http://files.sharenator.com/All_According_to_Plan_MegaDump_1-s555x719-111114-580.jpg

ShadowySilence
2011-03-12, 01:10 AM
The great Smaug is dead you say? He took all of our precious jewels and treasures when we were only 400 years from our hatching day! He took everything! And of all things he took our ring that made things turn invisible and plopped it in a river!Oh joyous of days!We have avoided him for so many years!

Sounds like he had quite a bit o' treasure, perhaps the Horde could make use of such a bounty could we find it! A ring of invisibility would be especially handy when spying on and sabotaging I mean visiting the other factions forums.

Rob Roy
2011-03-12, 01:12 AM
The hoard appeals to this clone defective individuality gene. Of course this gene has caused problems before, making Me want to amass a large fortune at the expensive of the fallen. Tell Me, what is the Horde's dental plan?

fimzo
2011-03-12, 01:13 AM
If Our calculations are correct, that'll put Us at thirty five factions by Sunday and over nine thousand by next Wednesday.

http://files.sharenator.com/All_According_to_Plan_MegaDump_1-s555x719-111114-580.jpg

Would that be possible? We'd need at least 2 people in each for a "group", and I doubt there are over 18000 members on the forum. *Checks site stats* ... and I doubt over 18000 members will participate.

ShadowySilence
2011-03-12, 01:16 AM
The hoard appeals to this clone defective individuality gene. Of course this gene has caused problems before, making Me want to amass a large fortune at the expensive of the fallen. Tell Me, what is the Horde's dental plan?

We have no exact dental plan, but if ya happen to capture any dentists on a raid you are free to force them to give you a procedure. Plus, any gold you find (or steal) is completely yours to spend as you wish, if you want to spend it on dental hygiene you may. Otherwise for a small price one of our own wizards may be able to fix your choppers as well.

Icewalker
2011-03-12, 01:16 AM
We would like to remark that we consider this to be getting most convoluted.

Furthermore, the Horde has presented itself as a threatening organization. Be warned, you are outnumbered, and the individualists and clones both will fight together if you attempt to bring violence against us.

ShadowySilence
2011-03-12, 01:18 AM

Furthermore, the Horde has presented itself as a threatening organization. Be warned, you are outnumbered, and the individualists and clones both will fight together if you attempt to bring violence against us.

We may not be strong yet, but I can sense the unrest building and where unrest exists the Horde thrives. Blood shall not be shed yet, we are violent but not weak of mind. When the battle does begin we will be out there enjoying every second of it! :smallamused:

fimzo
2011-03-12, 01:18 AM

Then we will need to become stronger than both of you. Do we have any dragons or war machines?

Rob Roy
2011-03-12, 01:20 AM
We have no exact dental plan, but if ya happen to capture any dentists on a raid you are free to force them to give you a procedure. Plus, any gold you find (or steal) is completely yours to spend as you wish, if you want to spend it on dental hygiene you may. Otherwise for a small price one of our own wizards may be able to fix your choppers as well.

THis clone going to convert to the side of the Hoard. This organization appears to lack any form of organization or government and this appeals to this clone. All shall fall to the hoard!

ShadowySilence
2011-03-12, 01:20 AM
Then we will need to become stronger than both of you. Do we have any dragons or war machines?

If Zaydos joins we will possibly gain access to many hungry dragons, although I do not believe we have any war machines...yet! When our numbers grow we shall assemble mighty machines of destruction to rain death upon our foes (or at least mild-discomfort)!

THis clone going to convert to the side of the Hoard. This organization appears to lack any form of organization or government and this appeals to this clone. All shall fall to the hoard!

Huzzah, welcome to the Horde!

Temotei
2011-03-12, 01:21 AM
This viking would lend his axe.

ShadowySilence
2011-03-12, 01:23 AM
This viking would lend his axe.

We grow stronger with each passing moment, welcome Temotei!

fimzo
2011-03-12, 01:23 AM
If Zaydos joins we will possibly gain access to many hungry dragons, although I do not believe we have any war machines...yet! When our numbers grow we shall assemble mighty machines of destruction to rain death upon our foes (or at least mild-discomfort)!

Or we could try to find defective robots, and militarize them.

ShadowySilence
2011-03-12, 01:24 AM
Or we could try to find defective robots, and militarize them.

An excellent idea, the only good robot is a killer robot of the Horde! We shall begin the corruption process soon, slowly they shall succumb to the Horde's might!

Lord_Gareth
2011-03-12, 01:28 AM
The Lords of Uncloaked Steel feel that such a puissant creature as a dragon is well above the rabble of this 'Horde' and would like to formally invite Zaydos to join the ranks of the elite.

Kallisti
2011-03-12, 01:33 AM
The Lords of Uncloaked Steel feel that such a puissant creature as a dragon is well above the rabble of this 'Horde' and would like to formally invite Zaydos to join the ranks of the elite.

Are We given to understand, then, that a fifth side--presumably also to be composed of both violent and nonviolent fashions--is emerging?

Eloel
2011-03-12, 01:35 AM
Are We given to understand, then, that a fifth side--presumably also to be composed of both violent and nonviolent fashions--is emerging?

I count at least nine sides.

Lord_Gareth
2011-03-12, 01:38 AM

The Lords decided to emerge to fill a then-vacant slot as the Fifth Army, yes. However, it should be noted that we are, by definition, violent; we simply choose our targets from worthy foes instead of serving a greater idealogical agenda.

Xyk
2011-03-12, 01:38 AM
If I know anything about the Pluralist theory of government, more factions can only increase the amount of democracy in this community. This one is not nearly breakfast-y enough for me, though.

fimzo
2011-03-12, 01:39 AM
I count at least nine sides.

How? I count violent and nonviolent clones, resisters, and robots, then the Horde and the Lords of Uncloaked Steel - eight.

Moff Chumley
2011-03-12, 01:40 AM
What about the Clones who just adopted the avatars, sigs, locations, and pronoun patterns outlined in the Clone Week OP to accomplish the stated goals of Clone Week? :smalltongue:

Eloel
2011-03-12, 02:44 AM
How? I count violent and nonviolent clones, resisters, and robots, then the Horde and the Lords of Uncloaked Steel - eight.

You forgot to count the forum gods. They have the power to banish us all from Banterland where we currently reside.

UncleWolf
2011-03-12, 10:01 AM
Hi, welcome to FFRP. First, you guys should probably read the FFRP Central (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166066) Thread to get to know the rules of the place.

Also, Shadowy Silence, since this is a Week themed thread, please add a [Week] tag to the title to keep it from confusing everyone.

Thanks, and good luck. :smallsmile:

ShadowySilence
2011-03-12, 11:07 AM
Hi, welcome to FFRP. First, you guys should probably read the FFRP Central (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166066) Thread to get to know the rules of the place.

Also, Shadowy Silence, since this is a Week themed thread, please add a [Week] tag to the title to keep it from confusing everyone.

I looked at the link, and I tried to change the tread title but I seem to be unable to do so even though it hasn't been 28 days yet.

ApeofLight
2011-03-12, 01:33 PM

Hrm, as Wolfbane has said please go to the FFRP central thread first to learn and discuss. Handy link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10542256#post10542256) to me telling you guys to discuss it and then another link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166066) to the begging of the FFRP central thread. Thank you and welcome.

druid91
2011-03-12, 01:55 PM
*Drives in on a laser tank*

Query: The horde has been judged detrimental to the unification of the playground. Will you comply?

ShadowySilence
2011-03-12, 02:00 PM
*Drives in on a laser tank*

Query: The horde has been judged detrimental to the unification of the playground. Will you comply?

Only ifn' that means we get ta eat'cha and your tank there! :smallamused:

druid91
2011-03-12, 02:01 PM
Only ifn' that means we get ta eat'cha and your tank there! :smallamused:

Observation: I'll take that as a no.

*Zaps Shadowy Silence*

ShadowySilence
2011-03-12, 02:03 PM
Observation: I'll take that as a no.

*Zaps Shadowy Silence*

Zap bounces off the many shiny trinkets hanging over my body. Horde of barbarians begins to smash the tank with their hammers and axes while a goblin begins to unbolt the hatch.

druid91
2011-03-12, 02:08 PM
Contemplation: Hmm Primitive physical means of attack requiring physical contact.

*Flicks switch*

Statement: Exterior of tank electrified. Prolonged contact may cause severe discomfort. And possibly death.

ShadowySilence
2011-03-12, 02:12 PM
Contemplation: Hmm Primitive physical means of attack requiring physical contact.

*Flicks switch*

Statement: Exterior of tank electrified. Prolonged contact may cause severe discomfort. And possibly death.

"Run the robots got a deadly trick up his sleeve, but luckily so do we!"

At first all that seems to be happening is a retreat by the Horde but then you feel the ground giving way beneath your treads.

"Haha, you fell for the old pitfall trap! Hehe fell."

druid91
2011-03-12, 02:45 PM
"Run the robots got a deadly trick up his sleeve, but luckily so do we!"

At first all that seems to be happening is a retreat by the Horde but then you feel the ground giving way beneath your treads.

"Haha, you fell for the old pitfall trap! Hehe fell."

Statement: Mobility impaired, I seem to have been caught in a trap. You win this round horde But your rabble will be quelled someday soon.

*Flicks switch*

*The top of the tank detaches and flies away, The bottom explodes*

Exclamation: Order and balance will be restored!

ShadowySilence
2011-03-12, 02:50 PM
Statement: Mobility impaired, I seem to have been caught in a trap. You win this round horde But your rabble will be quelled someday soon.

*Flicks switch*

*The top of the tank detaches and flies away, The bottom explodes*

Exclamation: Order and balance will be restored!

Haha, we win today and tonight we feast! :smallbiggrin:

KoboldRevenge
2011-03-12, 03:41 PM
Yahhh! All power to the horde! Tremble and fall in the face of it's awesome power! so when are we pillaging? (look to sig) Hehheh :smallamused:

ShadowySilence
2011-03-12, 04:20 PM
Yahhh! All power to the horde! Tremble and fall in the face of it's awesome power! so when are we pillaging? (look to sig) Hehheh :smallamused:

The cake um I mean the scout, or no thats not right... THE KOBOLDS A SPY!!! (That's it) :smallamused:

Lord Loss
2011-03-12, 06:13 PM
*Flies in in a Mini-Death Star.*
Statement: Your wanton destruction and blatant disregard for order and personal freedoms will not be tolerated. Prepare to die a most agonizing death!

*begins firing laser cannons at ShadowySilence*

Statement: Exter-Minate! Exter-Minate Exter-Minate!

ShadowySilence
2011-03-12, 06:15 PM
*Flies in in a Mini-Death Star.*
Statement: Your wanton destruction and blatant disregard for order and personal freedoms will not be tolerated. Prepare to die a most agonizing death!

*beams up Druid91 and begins firing laser cannons at ShadowySilence*

Statement: Exter-Minate! Exter-Minate Exter-Minate!

Ok Horde, I didn't want to use the heavy guns yet but if we have to we will.

READY THE GOBLIN CANNONS!!!

*Suddenly many very large cannon containing hundreds of goblins are fired at the new threat, they will find any way in and look for any weak points to rip apart.*

Lord Loss
2011-03-12, 06:19 PM
Statement: Weak Points! the puny fleshie think we have weak points? *Humor Simulator Engaging*
Statement: Bwahahaha! Ha-ha-ha!
*A little droid trots up*
Droid: Statement: Actually, Sir, we do have weak points!
Statement: I... er... I... see. Ready the Escape Pods and hit the Self Destruct switch! These buggers shall pay for destroying such a glorious vessel!

Zaydos
2011-03-12, 10:14 PM
I must congratulate you on destroying a mini-death star with goblins. I mean really now, what is a lower form of life than goblins? *plants teeth* So you're attacking the machines now, may I inquire if you have plans for who is next?

ShadowySilence
2011-03-13, 10:21 AM
I must congratulate you on destroying a mini-death star with goblins. I mean really now, what is a lower form of life than goblins? *plants teeth* So you're attacking the machines now, may I inquire if you have plans for who is next?

I really am not sure, we will continue to fight off the robots and make incursions into their lands but I think we might start going after the resistance as well, their days of flowers and sunshine are coming to an end! :smallfurious:

Strawberries
2011-03-13, 10:33 AM
I really am not sure, we will continue to fight off the robots and make incursions into their lands but I think we might start going after the resistance as well, their days of flowers and sunshine are coming to an end! :smallfurious:

Oh, really?
Just you try it, mister. We'll be ready for you. :smallamused:

¡VIVA LA RESISTANCE!

Geno9999
2011-03-13, 09:30 PM
Horde detected: activating Special Move #4: Geno Blast.
I hope you like rainbows
*Thousand beams of light fires from the heavens.*

ShadowySilence
2011-03-13, 09:35 PM
Horde detected: activating Special Move #4: Geno Blast.
I hope you like rainbows
*Thousand beams of light fires from the heavens.*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Oh wait, it just tickles! :smalltongue:

Temotei
2011-03-13, 10:24 PM
A massive ironclad ship comes into view, but it appears that no one is on board. A rope attached to a figurehead on the bow leads down to a longship with a single viking in it. The viking is towing the ironclad alone with bare hands by the rope.

Blood and death! Gladness is in battle, men! You shall rue the day ye attacked the Horde, flowery devils!

The lone viking tugs on the rope, sending the ironclad ship flying at the rainbow fighters as the rays of light hit his longship, destroying it. The viking disappears under water for several minutes, and then appears on shore with a swordfish in his right hand and a gleaming red axe in his left.

Saltwater is good for the blood!

The viking charges after his fallen ironclad.

xelliea
2011-03-14, 04:55 PM
Oh by the way the order of the cosmos has risen amoungst the chaos.

Rob Roy
2011-03-14, 08:56 PM
Oh by the way the order of the cosmos has risen amoungst the chaos.

Why should the horde be afraid, order falls to Chaos when too many parts of the metaphorical machine are destroyed? Order shall fall to the glory of Chaos!

ShadowySilence
2011-03-14, 09:15 PM
MAY CHAOS FOREVER REIGN UNDER THE MIGHT OF DA HORDE!!! :furious:

druid91
2011-03-15, 08:38 AM
MAY CHAOS FOREVER REIGN UNDER THE MIGHT OF DA HORDE!!! :furious:

*Flies in on a high-tech helicopter gunship*

Statement: Chaos will be expunged. Balance will be attained. Fire all projectile weapons.

*DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA*

ShadowySilence
2011-03-15, 02:35 PM
I HAVE ONE THING TO SAY TO THAT...

MY ROFL COPTER GOES SWOI SWOI SWOI!!!

Your helicopter begins to lose power and fall to the ground, due to the magic of chaotic internet memes!

druid91
2011-03-15, 08:38 PM
I HAVE ONE THING TO SAY TO THAT...

MY ROFL COPTER GOES SWOI SWOI SWOI!!!

Your helicopter begins to lose power and fall to the ground, due to the magic of chaotic internet memes!

Statement: Memes and Magic are illogical and don't affect robots!

*Flicks switch*

Statement: Anti-magic field engaged. Continue assault.

Geno9999
2011-03-15, 09:18 PM
Statement: Memes and Magic are illogical and don't affect robots!

*Flicks switch*

Statement: Anti-magic field engaged. Continue assault.

Error: Y button disabled. Error: Y button disabled.
Perhaps it would be strategically better if I stepped outside the field for these things.
*Hand transforms into a Gatling gun*
Oh well. It looks like I'll have to use this instead.
*DAKADAKADAKADAKADAKADAKADAKADAKADAKADAKADAKADAKAD AKADAKA*