PDA

View Full Version : Move actions wasted

Cerlis
2011-03-12, 12:59 AM
I know quite a few move actions out there, but most of them are basically preparing for other standard actions (or moving)

are there some real cool move actions i'm missing. cus i realize that unless my warlock repositions himself every turn hes going to be wasting a move action everytime he shoots his eldritch blast.

RTGoodman
2011-03-12, 01:00 AM
Off the top of my head, the only thing I can think of is Feinting as a move action with the Improved Feint feat.

EDIT: Also, you can draw a hidden weapon as a move action (instead of a standard action) with Quick Draw.

JaronK
2011-03-12, 01:06 AM
If you're wearing Fearsome Armor (Drow of the Underdark) and have the Imperious Command feat, you can make someone Cower for one round as a move action. That's handy.

JaronK

Andion Isurand
2011-03-12, 01:19 AM
The Cloak Dance feat nets you 20% non-magical concealment for one round whenever you have a move action to spare.

Zaq
2011-03-12, 03:15 AM
If you're wearing Fearsome Armor (Drow of the Underdark) and have the Imperious Command feat, you can make someone Cower for one round as a move action. That's handy.

JaronK

Beware, though . . . demoralizing an opponent only works if you threaten them in melee. That's usually not a position a warlock wants to be in.

Hazzardevil
2011-03-12, 06:38 AM
You can make a warlock gish I believe.

subject42
2011-03-12, 12:24 PM
Take levels in Dwarven Defender?

(I kid.)

What about some of the plant grafts that grant you a bonus as long as you don't move?

FMArthur
2011-03-12, 03:56 PM
You can use the Eldritch Glaive "least" invocation, which as a full-round action gives you the equivalent of a full attack using your Eldritch Blast as if it were a reach weapon and allowing you to make AoOs with it until your next turn. Still touch attacks, too. But really what this accomplishes is turns your Move Action surplus into a Move Action deficit. :smallwink:

Maeglin_Dubh
2011-03-13, 01:09 PM
Cloak Dance seems the most sensible so far for a non-melee warlock (which I also play, thus my interest in this thread...)

Runestar
2011-03-13, 05:50 PM
Regain psi focus to fuel psionic shot?

Maeglin_Dubh
2011-03-13, 06:01 PM
Ooh.

Feat-intensive, but brutal. I like it.

RTGoodman
2011-03-13, 09:44 PM
Ooh.

Feat-intensive, but brutal. I like it.

Yeah, four or five feats (Wild Talent if you don't have a power point reserve, Point Blank Shot, Psionic Shot, Psionic Meditation, Greater Psionic Shot) to gain +4d6 damage. I'm pretty sure it's not worth it. Especially since PBS specifically works with a ranged WEAPON, and I don't know that eldritch blast counts as a weapon.

subject42
2011-03-13, 10:10 PM
I'm pretty sure it's not worth it. Especially since PBS specifically works with a ranged WEAPON, and I don't know that eldritch blast counts as a weapon.

I'm pretty sure it counts, since the section in the same book as the Warlock talks about weaponlike spells and SLAs and how they qualify for feats.

RTGoodman
2011-03-13, 11:28 PM
I'm pretty sure it counts, since the section in the same book as the Warlock talks about weaponlike spells and SLAs and how they qualify for feats.

Yeah, I just remembered that weapon-like spells thing and was coming back to mention it.

Either way, I'm still not convinced it's worth it to spend FIVE feats for 4d6 (+1!) damage. If I want to deal more damage, I think I'd rather take whatever Binder stuff and go Hellfire Warlock.

mabriss lethe
2011-03-14, 01:44 AM
If you could somehow get the Baatezu subtype, you could try to wrestle a Hellfire Crossbow from an Orthon.(fiendish codex II) It lets you snap off a 2d6 ranged touch attack of hellfire as a move action. But it only works for Baatezu.

Escheton
2011-03-14, 01:48 AM
And here I have been running Chronoscope so many times not knowing the x-bow was a real Orthon thing. Thanks.

Hazzardevil
2011-03-14, 02:03 AM
Actually, those 4 feats don't have anything that good instead.

Akal Saris
2011-03-14, 02:44 AM

JaronK

Beat me to it.

There's nothing quite like combining the above with Never Outnumbered to make it all opponents within 10ft, and sending the entire encounter's worth of opponents into cowering with a single move action.

FMArthur
2011-03-14, 07:16 AM
He has to threaten his opponents in melee to demoralize them. Even Never Outnumbered is too close for comfort on a non-melee Warlock.