PDA

View Full Version : Operation: Indiscriminate Friendship

Thanqol
2011-03-12, 04:43 AM
Hi, my name is Daniel. I'm a 21 year old student at the Australian National University. I write, I game, I am occasionally a jerk, but I love the world, love my life and love all the messed up folks. And I want to give something back.

My plan is to hold a Delayed Derpy Day. For those unfamiliar, the principles of Derpy Day are:

-Muffins. At least one must be consumed by days end, lest Pinkie's tail twitch for you.
-The Muffin shaped cake is fine even if you are not Orthodox Derpy.
-An article must be moved from one area of the house and placed in the wrong one for the entire Hoofiday.
-Letters must be hoof written and delivered to those you love within delivery distance. E-mails have now been recognized for those too far for this observance.
At least try to deliver one RL letter.
The Letters are to be about why you love them or are thankful they are your friend. (Bonus writing a loving friendship letter to an enemy.)
-Anytime a picture of you is taken or you see yourself in a mirror, you must give the traditional Derpy Occular salute. 9_6

My plan has a number of pillars:

THE PILLAR OF MUFFINS: I have $50 I'm willing to spend on muffins. I plan to call up some bakeries and work out a good deal for 50 or so mini-muffins. I also need to build a large sign that reads FREE MUFFINS. Any advice anyone has about building large signs would be appreciated.

THE PILLAR OF MUSIC: Before giving a random their free muffin, I will require that they sing, read, shout, or dramatically dance along to this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7PGKcikaGY). I will record, with video and audio, each attempt. They will only be given the following lyrics:

She's an Evil Enchantress
And She Does Evil Dances
And If You Look Deep In Her Eyes,
She Will Put You In Trances
Then What Will She Do?
She'll Mix Up An Evil Brew
And She'll Gobble You Up
In A Big Tasty Stew

So...

Watch Out.

After acquiring as much raw footage as I can, I will need to find someone with decent audio-visual editing skills to hack it into something passable. The resulting video(s) will be put on YouTube.

THE PILLAR OF LETTERS:

And finally, I plan to distribute random, uplifting and inspiring letters to strangers. These should be the kind of messages that make you feel warm and appreciated. I want to use quotes from famous people, from the television show Friendship Is Magic, and generalized positive messages. I also want to convey messages from random people on the internet.

If you have any quotes that inspire you, anything you'd like to say to a stranger, anything that makes your day a bit brighter or would make someone else's day a bit brighter, please tell me. I intend to write around 100 of these things, by hand, and need a lot of ideas.

So please, if you have anything you want to tell a stranger, anything you want to say to make the world a brighter place, any memorable quotes please post them here. I need as many as I can get.

I plan to document as much of this project in this thread as I can.

Cheers,

- Thanqol

EDIT:

DERPY DAY IS FINISHED. IT WAS AWESOME

Find it here! (http://www.youtube.com/user/Thanqo1?feature=mhum)

Castel
2011-03-12, 05:17 AM
Heh. Get that recipe for the gummy-worm muffins, that way you get some extra friendship points or something. :smallbiggrin:

As for memorable quotes from the show... the one that I really liked was: "All we ever want is indesicion, all we really like is what we know."

And finally, if you get people to dance to Evil Enchantress... well, saying that it would be awesome would be a huge euphemism. :smallbiggrin:

Darkmyst
2011-03-12, 05:36 AM
Sir, you are insane... but at least you're insane in a good way. :smallsmile:

Thanqol
2011-03-12, 05:41 AM
Sir, you are insane... but at least you're insane in a good way. :smallsmile:

I'm using that, along with Webox's sig, as one of these letters just so you know.

Etcetera
2011-03-12, 05:47 AM
I personally like "I've sunshine enough to spread", but that's might be hard to find a place for in a letter.

Still, best of luck and I very much approve of this idea.

Strawberries
2011-03-12, 06:19 AM
The Neil Gaiman one in my sig. I've always loved that quote.:smallsmile:

Lord Loss
2011-03-12, 08:47 AM
Dude. DUUUUUUUUDDDE. That is awesome. As for the inspiring messages, crack open some fortune cookies and look there for inspiration. They often seem inspiring to me.

Trobby
2011-03-12, 11:29 AM
...I fully approve of this idea. :smallbiggrin:

Inspirational quote, eh? Hmm...

Have you ever felt like no one cared about you?

You were wrong.

I do.

Irbis
2011-03-12, 02:02 PM
You, Sir, made me like Australia again after two... certain acidic guys pretty much ruined the image of the country for me. I'll help/prepare as much as I can :smallwink:

Now, on to planning stage.

PhoeKun
2011-03-12, 03:16 PM
Life
it's ever so strange
it's so full of change
think that you've worked it out
then bang
right out of the blue
somethin' happens to you
to throw you off course and then you
breakdown
yeah, you breakdown
well don't you, breakdown
listen to me.

It's just a ride, it's just a ride
no need to run, no need to hide
it'll take you all around
sometimes you're up
sometimes you're down
it's just a ride, it's just a ride
don't be scared
now dry your eyes
it may feel so real inside
but don't forget enjoy the ride.

(Excerpt from Jem's Just a Ride)

Oh,
Whenever you see there's stuff to clean,
Get off that rump! Don't sit and dream!
Just look around and there is bound
To be somepony to help you!

Whether you're flying or tidying stuff,
Give it your all – it'll be enough!
Don't be down! Reverse that frown!
You have somepony beside you!

(Shamelessly lifted from the Ponyship extraordinaire 'The Party Hasn't Ended')

Dear Princess Celestia Stranger,

Today I learned that while the magic of friendship is a gift I should treasure with all of my heart, there is always somepony else who needs this gift just as much as me. And so I'm passing it along to you. Even though we might never speak face to face, I am giving you my friendship. I will share your dreams and hopes, and I will wish every night by the moon and the stars that you find the strength to work past any troubles you may have and get everything you desire.

All I ask in return is your promise to share this gift with others. Smile at a stranger. Compliment a coworker on a job well done. Hold a door open or pick up something that was dropped without looking for a thank you. Just this once, "forget" to pick up your change at a restaurant. Something small, anything at all, to remind another that they have reasons to feel good about themselves. If everypony does their part, we can make something amazing happen.

Yours Sincerely,

-Phoebe, Twilight Sparkle, or Other Name As Appropriate :smalltongue:
(Me! I wrote this!)

"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others."

And while we're quoting dead Greeks:

"I just really want to die.
She, crying many tears, left me
And said to me:
"Oh, how terribly we have suffered, we two,
Sappho, really I don't want to go away." And I said to her this:
Go and be happy, remembering me,
For you know how we cared for you.
And if you don't I want to remind you
of the lovely things we felt
with many wreathes of violets
and roses and crocuses
and you sat next to me
and threw around your delicate neck
garlands fashioned of many woven flowers
and with much...
...and you anointed yourself with...
...on soft couches...your tender...
fulfilled your longing."

(Sappho fragment, cut and edited slightly to make what we have read easier)

Hope it helps.

Etcetera
2011-03-12, 03:41 PM
Huh. You're on Equestria Daily.

Thanqol
2011-03-12, 07:15 PM
I personally like "I've sunshine enough to spread", but that's might be hard to find a place for in a letter.

Still, best of luck and I very much approve of this idea.

The Neil Gaiman one in my sig. I've always loved that quote.:smallsmile:

Ah, wonderful. Gaiman is a gentleman and a scholar. "You can't take the sky from me" isn't bad either.

Dude. DUUUUUUUUDDDE. That is awesome. As for the inspiring messages, crack open some fortune cookies and look there for inspiration. They often seem inspiring to me.

No fortune cookies, but five seasons of Kung Fu should do.

"Nothing dies that is ever something"

...I fully approve of this idea. :smallbiggrin:

Inspirational quote, eh? Hmm...

That's a great one!

You, Sir, made me like Australia again after two... certain acidic guys pretty much ruined the image of the country for me. I'll help/prepare as much as I can :smallwink:

Now, on to planning stage.

Glad to redeem my country though, technically, we're still part of England.

Planning stage! Current priorities are "Acquire Free Muffins Sign" and "Acquire video camera that works"; may have to go for a rental if I can't find a friend to bum one off.

Life
it's ever so strange
it's so full of change
think that you've worked it out
then bang
right out of the blue
somethin' happens to you
to throw you off course and then you
breakdown
yeah, you breakdown
well don't you, breakdown
listen to me.

It's just a ride, it's just a ride
no need to run, no need to hide
it'll take you all around
sometimes you're up
sometimes you're down
it's just a ride, it's just a ride
don't be scared
now dry your eyes
it may feel so real inside
but don't forget enjoy the ride.

(Excerpt from Jem's Just a Ride)

Oh,
Whenever you see there's stuff to clean,
Get off that rump! Don't sit and dream!
Just look around and there is bound
To be somepony to help you!

Whether you're flying or tidying stuff,
Give it your all – it'll be enough!
Don't be down! Reverse that frown!
You have somepony beside you!

(Shamelessly lifted from the Ponyship extraordinaire 'The Party Hasn't Ended')

Dear Princess Celestia Stranger,

Today I learned that while the magic of friendship is a gift I should treasure with all of my heart, there is always somepony else who needs this gift just as much as me. And so I'm passing it along to you. Even though we might never speak face to face, I am giving you my friendship. I will share your dreams and hopes, and I will wish every night by the moon and the stars that you find the strength to work past any troubles you may have and get everything you desire.

All I ask in return is your promise to share this gift with others. Smile at a stranger. Compliment a coworker on a job well done. Hold a door open or pick up something that was dropped without looking for a thank you. Just this once, "forget" to pick up your change at a restaurant. Something small, anything at all, to remind another that they have reasons to feel good about themselves. If everypony does their part, we can make something amazing happen.

Yours Sincerely,

-Phoebe, Twilight Sparkle, or Other Name As Appropriate :smalltongue:
(Me! I wrote this!)

"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others."

And while we're quoting dead Greeks:

"I just really want to die.
She, crying many tears, left me
And said to me:
"Oh, how terribly we have suffered, we two,
Sappho, really I don't want to go away." And I said to her this:
Go and be happy, remembering me,
For you know how we cared for you.
And if you don't I want to remind you
of the lovely things we felt
with many wreathes of violets
and roses and crocuses
and you sat next to me
and threw around your delicate neck
garlands fashioned of many woven flowers
and with much...
...and you anointed yourself with...
...on soft couches...your tender...
fulfilled your longing."

(Sappho fragment, cut and edited slightly to make what we have read easier)

Hope it helps.

These are beautiful and exactly what I need. Thank you. Thank you very much.

Huh. You're on Equestria Daily.

:smallbiggrin:

Thanks for all the support everyone! So begins Day One: Organising Media!

EDIT: I also woke up at midnight last night, saying out loud "BUBBLES! I NEED BUBBLES FOR THIS!"

Trazoi
2011-03-12, 08:13 PM
Darn it, if I were still in Canberra I'd love to check this out. Where are you planning to set up?

Thanqol
2011-03-12, 09:12 PM
Darn it, if I were still in Canberra I'd love to check this out. Where are you planning to set up?

The Australian National University. Getting clearance to set up in Union Court from security is scheduled for Tuesday.

PhoeKun
2011-03-12, 09:19 PM
The Australian National University. Getting clearance to set up in Union Court from security is scheduled for Tuesday.

So I've got at least that long, hm? I'll dig around a little more for more material, and maybe write another Letter to the Princess for you.

Deme
2011-03-12, 09:20 PM
I will also go and try to think up material. I may also wright a few small poems to give out on the day itself...In envelopes, of course.

I really like this idea.

Thanqol
2011-03-12, 09:33 PM
So I've got at least that long, hm? I'll dig around a little more for more material, and maybe write another Letter to the Princess for you.

In the best of all worlds I'll:
- Get clearance and sort everything out on Tuesday
- Acquire/practice using the camera on Wednesday
- Run the event on Thursday or Friday

It is possible I'll have to delay until next week if things don't go as planned, in which case it'll happen the following Wednesday.

But I'd absolutely love more letters :smallsmile:

MEDIA TEST: PHOTOGRAPHY

This is my house. It is a nice house. We own an almost unseemly number of cars

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/1195/img0001tg.jpg

This is my computer. As you can obviously tell, it is the most macho computer in the history of the universe. I call her Inspired.

http://img859.imageshack.us/img859/5117/img0002h.jpg

This is my bookcase. I am quite proud of my bookcase. The middle shelf is the cool place to be.

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/2436/img0003smm.jpg

This is my dog. As dogs go, he is one of them. We call him Ruffy.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/9849/img0005vf.jpg

And this is the Box of Friendship. It's about 40% full of random letters by this point - quotes from Ghandi, Sagan, Martin Luther King, and you guys. I'm going to have to watch Friendship Is Magic yet again to properly harvest friendship quotes (woe is me).

http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/7773/img0006cow.jpg

Every empty space in this box is a space you can be filling with friendship.

EDIT: ALSO, I NOW HAVE BUBBLES

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-03-12, 11:10 PM
ALSO YOU NOW HAVE BUBBLES.

My day.

It has been made.

eidolon_proggy
2011-03-13, 11:37 AM
I will either find a way, or make one.

Hannibal Barca

I'm not a prophet or a stone aged man, just a mortal with potential of a superman. I'm living on.

David bowie

the question isn't who's going to let me; it's who's going to stop me?

Ayn rand

i have not failed, i have just found 10,00 ways that won't work

Thomas Edison

the greatest men in history are not the men did the greatest things they're the ones that did all that they could in support of their beliefs. be their deeds big or small in comparison to the deeds of the former their deeds are greater simply because they did them not for fame, nor glory, nor any gain for themselves...but for and idea. a belief. be that belief right or wrong, it takes a brave strong and willed individual to fight that belief in the face of overwhelming opposition.

Anon

if you are going through hell, keep going

Churchill

you gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face; you must do the things you think you cannot do.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Dvil
2011-03-13, 11:48 AM
Smile, and the whole world smiles with you.

waffle911
2011-03-13, 05:40 PM
I have a proposal I made just now for the sign:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5012/5523750661_472322342c_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/26338772@N07/5523750661/)
In Celebration of Derpy Day
Courtesy of Operation: Indiscriminate Friendship
I would take it to a local printing shop and haveit printed on A1 or even A0 sized poster board and set it on an easel or something like that, but you can't use that image due to its low resolution. Not sure how much that would cost, though. Email or PM me for the print-quality file if you're interested.

Also: Just registered today just so I could post this.

Thanqol
2011-03-13, 07:14 PM
*Snip*

Brilliant! Love them, thank you :smallbiggrin:

Smile, and the whole world smiles with you.

This is also a good one :smallsmile:

I have a proposal I made just now for the sign:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5012/5523750661_472322342c_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/26338772@N07/5523750661/)
In Celebration of Derpy Day
Courtesy of Operation: Indiscriminate Friendship
I would take it to a local printing shop and haveit printed on A1 or even A0 sized poster board and set it on an easel or something like that, but you can't use that image due to its low resolution. Not sure how much that would cost, though. Email or PM me for the print-quality file if you're interested.

Also: Just registered today just so I could post this.

You have saved me from getting a giant hunk of brown cardboard, scrawling FREE MUFFINS on it with a marker and then having to sit in front of it all day. I owe you thanks, genuine thanks.

Welcome to the GiantITP forums!

UPDATE 2

Last night I woke up saying aloud "Write what you want to write!" And then spent three hours writing before almost falling asleep at my keyboard. This waking up saying stuff is a recent thing, I assure you.

Today is the greatest and most popular public holiday known to the world: CANBERRA DAY. We celebrate by not doing much and everything is closed. This puts an annoying delay in the plans, so I've got to work on other things. Today the priority is to cover schoolwork, run a tabletop game (Rogue Trader!), and bug as many people as I can into loaning me a camera.

BUT something came up.

A small baby bird was found in my back yard, not flying or doing anything. I've seen this before; it means it flew into a window and got mildly concussed and can't think straight enough to fly. I picked it up and started walking it to the nearby vet so my dog wouldn't get it. Pictures!

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/1055/img0001len.jpg

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/1188/img0002ptq.jpg

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/2917/img0003ebf.jpg

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/7968/img0004hr.jpg

And then, just as I neared the vet, it flew away.

It is impossible to feel bad after rescuing a baby bird. Hope everyone else had a morning as good as mine :smallbiggrin:

NinjaPony
2011-03-13, 07:43 PM
I have a very basic video editing program, but it gets the job done. If you can't find anyone better, I'm available.

Thanqol
2011-03-13, 07:46 PM
I have a very basic video editing program, but it gets the job done. If you can't find anyone better, I'm available.

Thanks! I have no idea how any of this tech works. Once I get the footage I'll send it on over :smallsmile:

waffle911
2011-03-13, 08:53 PM
You might have difficulty trying to send that much video data over the internet. Being that you are a student at a university (much like myself), I would think that the following two conclusions are reasonably likely to be true:

Your computer came pre-loaded with basic video editing software. For Windows, it is Windows Movie Maker; for Mac, it is iMovie. WMM has a bit more flexibility to it but is a bit tricky to figure out at first; iMovie is less versatile but is fairly straightforward and easy to pick up. Just keep in mind how we tech-savvy folk tend to figure out how most software works (http://xkcd.com/627/).
You have a friend or acquaintance locally who already knows a thing or two about video editing (and maybe even have more advanced software!) and wouldn't mind helping you out, or at the very least may be better able to execute the above-linked protocol for computer assistance. You can make a night of it, it can be pretty fun to figure these things out together. It's a great excuse to consume soda, sweets and junkfood. Who knows, if they aren't already a FiM fan, then you could introduce them to it and further spread the brony affliction!

Thanqol
2011-03-13, 09:15 PM
That sounds like an amazingly nerdy version of a slumber party. This means I will have to consider the possibility deeply :smallbiggrin: Another thing to bring up at tonight's tabletop.

NinjaPony
2011-03-13, 09:18 PM
Thanks! I have no idea how any of this tech works. Once I get the footage I'll send it on over :smallsmile:

waffle911 makes a good point, sending that much video over the internet could be a problem. However, if you divide up the video footage into increments and upload it to YouTube, you can private it so only users with the link can access the video. If I have the link I should be able to get the footage, I have a couple internet tricks up my sleeve.
There are also some sites that you can upload files to, but I'm not sure what's reliable.
Another thing is, I think you can send files over Skype. I don't know if there's a size limit, or if videos are even possible though.

You can contact over Skype using NinjaFanpire, or [email protected]. I only use the hotmail for messenger, so I don't check my E-Mail there. I am usually not logged into Skype unless I have a scheduled chat time though.
You can send files through E-Mail as well, but there is a size limit, so you would probably still have to break up the footage if it's just one long video.

What might work for E-Mail is if you create a zip file, I'm not entirely sure how those work though.
EDIT: http://www.sendspace.com/ is a safe site for uploading files.

Thanqol
2011-03-13, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the information :smallsmile: I'll check my options post filming and will probably try sendspace first because I have slightly more experience with that site than the other options.

waffle911
2011-03-14, 12:20 AM
snippty

My idea's more fun, if time-consuming >_>
:tongue:
But it does also make collaboration and creative control easier when working in person.

Thanqol, one thing I just thought that you should be aware of is the wishes of the people who would be filmed; I think it would be important to have their consent to have footage of them posted publicly. Perhaps you could have them include their verbal consent preceding their actual recitation of the song, and then cut it out of the final video but keep the originals with their consent to avoid any potential legal trouble in the future. Plus then you won't have to actually keep track of their names and such, and they can remain comfortably anonymous to everyone (except for their faces, of course).

Edit: Idea! Not sure if this was your initial intention, but there are 47 words in the song; with roughly 50 muffins for randoms, you could have the video have a different person for each word and have some leeway for people who don't want to be filmed or something. Then you could also pick whoever is most on-key for each word and have the song stay roughly true to its melody. And you can also have Eurobeat Brony's Super Ponybeat tracks all looping on the boombox (it's surprisingly hard to get sick of them) and then everybody can dance! But, um, whatever you want to do is fine…after all, it is your celebration…[/fluttershy]
Oh, and it's "Then she'll gobble you up…" I just double checked the song.

Thanqol
2011-03-14, 12:39 AM
My idea's more fun, if time-consuming >_>
:tongue:
But it does also make collaboration and creative control easier when working in person.

Thanqol, one thing I just thought that you should be aware of is the wishes of the people who would be filmed; I think it would be important to have their consent to have footage of them posted publicly. Perhaps you could have them include their verbal consent preceding their actual recitation of the song, and then cut it out of the final video but keep the originals with their consent to avoid any potential legal trouble in the future. Plus then you won't have to actually keep track of their names and such, and they can remain comfortably anonymous to everyone (except for their faces, of course).

Good plan, something that was in the back of my head when plotting this.

Edit: Idea! Not sure if this was your initial intention, but there are 47 words in the song; with roughly 50 muffins for randoms, you could have the video have a different person for each word and have some leeway for people who don't want to be filmed or something. Then you could also pick whoever is most on-key for each word and have the song stay roughly true to its melody. But, um, whatever you want to do is fine…after all, it is your celebration…[/fluttershy]

A great idea, but I'm more inclined to get each of the people to sing the full song and perhaps later work out how to do a one-person-one-word remix.

I do plan to get gummi worms to supplement the muffins; if people are too shy to sing they can get gummi worms instead. No one leaves empty hoofed!

Vella_Malachite
2011-03-14, 12:42 AM
Hey! Thought I'd take a look through my quotations file for you. I'm not so good with finding who said stuff, so if anyone recognises these, great.

- "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning how to dance in the rain"
- "Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light."
- "He who never made a mistake never made a discovery" (Samuel Smiles)
- "Fate favours the fearless."
- "'Tis better to spend money like there's no tomorrow than to spend tonight like there's no money."

And a couple more tongue-in-cheek ones:
- "Always forgive your enemies. Nothing annoys them quite so much."
- "Don't worry about the world coming to an end tomorrow - it's already tomorrow in Australia." (Charles Monroe Schulz)
- "I believe in getting into hot water. It keeps you clean." (G.K. Chesterton)

Hope that helps :smallsmile:

Also, hello, fellow student of ANU! :smallbiggrin:

Thanqol
2011-03-14, 01:06 AM
Hey! Thought I'd take a look through my quotations file for you. I'm not so good with finding who said stuff, so if anyone recognises these, great.

- "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning how to dance in the rain"
- "Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light."
- "He who never made a mistake never made a discovery" (Samuel Smiles)
- "Fate favours the fearless."
- "'Tis better to spend money like there's no tomorrow than to spend tonight like there's no money."

And a couple more tongue-in-cheek ones:
- "Always forgive your enemies. Nothing annoys them quite so much."
- "Don't worry about the world coming to an end tomorrow - it's already tomorrow in Australia." (Charles Monroe Schulz)
- "I believe in getting into hot water. It keeps you clean." (G.K. Chesterton)

Hope that helps :smallsmile:

These are now all in The Box. :smallsmile:

Also, hello, fellow student of ANU! :smallbiggrin:

Sup bro! You wouldn't happen to have a camera, would you? :smallbiggrin:

NinjaPony
2011-03-14, 05:57 PM
It would be good if someone had a karaoke/instrumental version of the song.

PhoeKun
2011-03-14, 06:05 PM
One more thing for The Box:

I sat down to write this hoping I could inspire you. You know, nothing major. Just a little bit of encouragement to keep chasing the dreams you might feel burned out on. I tried to make it perfect, poignant. Something that would stick with you for a long time. Maybe you'd find yourself quoting me to someone else, I'm not sure.

But you know something? I sat down to write you this five hours ago as of this sentence. And I am not even a little bit closer to figuring out that perfect line. So I decided to tell you this story, instead. Because what's important isn't that we ace the thing we set out to do or even succeed, but that we don't hold ourselves back for fear of failure. We're allowed to fail. I guess that's your fortune cookie line for the next time you're doing something new or scary. You are allowed to fail. Because you'll always have another chance to learn and try again. Good luck out there!

-- Phoebe

Thanqol
2011-03-14, 06:16 PM
One more thing for The Box:

I sat down to write this hoping I could inspire you. You know, nothing major. Just a little bit of encouragement to keep chasing the dreams you might feel burned out on. I tried to make it perfect, poignant. Something that would stick with you for a long time. Maybe you'd find yourself quoting me to someone else, I'm not sure.

But you know something? I sat down to write you this five hours ago as of this sentence. And I am not even a little bit closer to figuring out that perfect line. So I decided to tell you this story, instead. Because what's important isn't that we ace the thing we set out to do or even succeed, but that we don't hold ourselves back for fear of failure. We're allowed to fail. I guess that's your fortune cookie line for the next time you're doing something new or scary. You are allowed to fail. Because you'll always have another chance to learn and try again. Good luck out there!

-- Phoebe

D'awwwwww :smallsmile:

UPDATE 3:

Camera has been located, muffins have been clarified, poster and security clearance are priorities for the day. Everything is on track a Friday Derp!

Box is coming along nicely; I'm down to the last 3 of my original notecards! I've still got plenty of room for more if anyone has anything uplifting they want to say.

Thanqol
2011-03-14, 08:31 PM
Security Update:

I've been OK'd by ANU security! I will have to get legal releases from everyone I film, but an extra layer of bookkeeping isn't a huge issue. I've also spoken to the baker and got a decent price for muffins. The only thing left on the schedule is to get the poster printed.

Here's the super formal paper trail email I sent to security:

My name is Daniel. I intend to distribute free muffins on either Friday 18th or Monday 21st. The outline for this plan is:

- I will purchase 40-50 muffins from a local bakery, as well as gummi worms, and offer them at no cost to passerby.
- I will ask people to sing, speak or dance along to a brief song, which will be recorded on a digital camera. The collected video will be edited and posted on YouTube
- I will ask every person filmed to sign a legal release with their name, contact details and signature for their image to be posted online.
- I intend to set up in Union Court between 9-10 and run the event until I am out of muffins.
- There are no commercial, political or ideological motivations behind this. I am genuinely operating off the philosophy that the world is a wonderful place where people do amazing things all the time for no reason.

One minor question: I may also provide bubble blowing. Are there any problems with bubbles?

Is there anything else I should be aware of?

- Daniel

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-03-14, 10:14 PM
There better be no problem with bubbles...

Thanqol
2011-03-14, 10:18 PM
There better be no problem with bubbles...

Spoiler alert, if there are I'll be blowing bubbles while I flee dramatically from campus.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-03-14, 10:20 PM
Spoiler alert, if there are I'll be blowing bubbles while I flee dramatically from campus.

My attitude towards problems with bubbles has suddenly become more ambivalent.

NinjaPony
2011-03-15, 01:00 AM
I'm still down for editing if you don't find someone else.

Thanqol
2011-03-15, 01:08 AM
I'm still down for editing if you don't find someone else.

Thus far, I have not so you're still my gent of call :smallsmile:

Vella_Malachite
2011-03-15, 02:40 AM
Heh, looks like I got here a bit late to offer my camera :smalltongue: Ah, well.

I'll probably come up on Friday, to watch, if nothing else :smallsmile:

Thanqol
2011-03-15, 02:46 AM
Heh, looks like I got here a bit late to offer my camera :smalltongue: Ah, well.

I'll probably come up on Friday, to watch, if nothing else :smallsmile:

The world is given to flights of whimsy, so if this camera thing falls through I'll try to get in touch. Plan for tomorrow is to grab it off the friend and practice with it until I've got it down.

And bring your singing voice :smallbiggrin: I'll be the guy in the black cowboy hat with the free muffins sign.

NinjaPony
2011-03-15, 03:27 AM
You could always film with two cameras. Multiple angles might make the video more interesting.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-03-15, 10:16 AM
You could always film with two cameras. Multiple angles might make the video more interesting.

The more angles the better.

Symmys
2011-03-15, 04:57 PM
:smallbiggrin: This is an amazing idea.

I'd like to contribute something...
How about:
Hello.
We probably haven't met before, so let me introduce myself. I'm somebody who decided to spread a little happiness around today, and I have a favor to ask of you. I'd like you to spread a little happiness, too. You don't have to do anything special- just say hello to a person you would otherwise pass by. Hold the door for someone. Smile a little more. It might not feel like much, but it could make somebody's bad day that much better. And, who knows, it might make you feel better too.

I hope you have a great day.

Thanqol
2011-03-15, 07:46 PM
:smallbiggrin: This is an amazing idea.

I'd like to contribute something...
How about:
Hello.
We probably haven't met before, so let me introduce myself. I'm somebody who decided to spread a little happiness around today, and I have a favor to ask of you. I'd like you to spread a little happiness, too. You don't have to do anything special- just say hello to a person you would otherwise pass by. Hold the door for someone. Smile a little more. It might not feel like much, but it could make somebody's bad day that much better. And, who knows, it might make you feel better too.

I hope you have a great day.

This is the second last piece of my original note pile. :smallbiggrin:

This is the last:

A few days ago, I asked a bunch of strangers for help with a crazy project to distribute free muffins for no reason. The response I got was amazing. One person I'd never met offered to loan me a camera, another offered to help with video editing, one designed a sign for me, and another gave me twenty dollars to spend on additional muffins. And a huge number of other people offered support, encouragement and beautiful and inspirational quotes.

People are amazing. They're just waiting for a chance to help. Give them an opportunity. Put yourself out there and ask for help. You'll be amazed by the result.

- Daniel

Thank you all.

(Still send quotes - the box isn't full - I just need to buy more cards)

Thanqol
2011-03-15, 08:44 PM
One copy of the muffin poster at A2 size: $107.25

One copy of the muffin poster at A3 size: $37.69

Or... I can print it myself on an A4 piece of paper for no cost at all.

HMM.

Dexam
2011-03-15, 09:42 PM
Why not print it yourself over two sheets of A4 and stick them together on a cardboard backing to make it A3? :smallconfused:

Thanqol
2011-03-15, 10:10 PM
Why not print it yourself over two sheets of A4 and stick them together on a cardboard backing to make it A3? :smallconfused:

I dunno, that's a lot of work. Maybe it's better just to pay the $107 dollars :smalltongue:

Camera and muffins acquired! Pictures shortly!

Thanqol
2011-03-15, 11:09 PM
MEDIA TEST 2:

Here (http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/8959/img0001le.jpg) is what $50 worth of muffins looks like.

And here (http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/1128/img0002eas.jpg)'s the muffin based surface area. 48 muffins!

And here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Isr3Kq0htLM)is the camera test and trailer!

That second nerf blaster is a piece of junk :smallyuk:

EDIT:

WHY CANT I HOLD ALL THESE MUFFINS (http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/8990/img0002f.jpg)

Castel
2011-03-16, 02:26 AM
http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq165/Webax/ponietine.jpg

Can't wait to see how this unfolds. :smallbiggrin:

Vella_Malachite
2011-03-16, 06:39 AM
Sweet :smallbiggrin: I'll see you Friday! I'll bring my camera just in case and hope my throat gets better for the singing voice.

PhoeKun
2011-03-16, 02:58 PM
For when you get new cards, some poetry from various sources:

Sunset. Light dwindles over crumbling concrete.
A flicker. Once. Twice.
Too old lamp posts stretch shadows to cover
The path. I shiver;
A cold wind funnels in between cramped buildings.
They loom. I cower.
I step. Footfalls echoing for miles, searching for another but
Nothing. No one.

And here, along this path
Stretching through some town
I don’t know where it goes
I walk and I am frightened
I stare into the fading sunset

I’m startled when you grab my hand.
It’s warm. I look. You laugh,
And point from useless lamps to the sky.
“You can see the stars.”
The last rays of twilight dance across brick buildings.

-Phoebe Kalinowski, "Evening Walk"

Warning: Very long The following might not be appropriate for the format, but I feel the overall message of the piece fits strongly with what you're doing and is something that ought to be conveyed. Plus I don't feel comfortable abridging something like this since it doesn't really pare down into a quick quotable line, but here it is anyway:
One morning toward the end of twenty years
of marriage he awakens before she does
and watches her beside him, her back to him,
the covers pulled up tight and clutched in both hands,
her eyes tense, everything about her stiffened
even in dream against him, sealed away.
Unusual for him to wake before her.
Most mornings he's lulled from sleep in the half dark
by the low murmuring rivulet of words
the yoga teacher on the video
is speaking, and by the music that isn't music
so much as birdsong on the verge of music,
or music birdsong, or some dreamy confluence
of one into the other, and she is there
in the TV's soft light, at the foot of the bed,
in pajama bottoms and a skimpy tank top,
her lovely body that he hasn't touched
in how long now? five months maybe? longer? the body
he knows he'll never touch again right there
before him, there to be looked at without her knowing,
being moved, it seems, yes, carried, drifted from pose
to pose by the whispery currents of the teacher's
urging -- the Warrior, the Dog, the Dolphin,
and then the two he always waits for, the Cobra
that has her hips flat on the floor, arms pushing
up slowly, straightening while the back arches,
keeps arching till the breasts push out against
the tank top and the nipple show, and then
the one the Cobra mutates into, hands reaching
back behind her, holding her feet and pulling,
pulling her body up into the Bow
he almost thinks invisible hands are holding,
the expert fingers pulling the string back farther,
the unseen arrow poised, aimed, ready to fly --

Something in the undeniable failure
of who they are and have become together
allows him now, this morning, here at least,
if nowhere else, to think of what he did
or might have done to drive her off. Oh, he knows
he has his reasons for his anger, he is never
at a loss for reasons for his anger:
his sister's death, and then his brother's, and he
the youngest child, the baby, the last one you'd
expect to carry out the task, as in the old tale,
suddenly become the good brother,
the steadfast brother, there by the bedside,
right through their illness to their final breath,
the care itself the opposite of skill,
the kind of thing you do less well the more
you do it, and while he did it, needing her,
his wife, to somehow make it better, make
it all right, somebody for god's sake please
take care of the caretaker.

In the midst
of these calamities, how often would
he tell himself all bets are off? This is his time
to slam doors and belittle and still be loved,
never to have to bother with her terrors,
her needs. his time for once. Just his alone.
How could she stand it, really? What did she feel,
seeing him each day make his airtight case
against the world, proving again all through
his brother's dying what he had proved in
no uncertain terms throughout his sister's,
that there was never enough that anyone
could do for him, especially his wife?
Hadn't he proved this, so he could hate her for it?

One night not long ago, the children asleep,
they got to arguing over something, he can't
remember what, she was trying to explain
something to him, defend herself against
some accusation in his tone, which he
denied was there, and she insisted she heard,
when all at once he stood and grabbed a chair
and slammed it down and shattered it to pieces.
She was terrified, and he apologized,
then wanted to make love, it had been so long,
and she said, How can I touch you when you're like this?
And he snapped back, Well, maybe if you did
touch me I wouldn't be like this.

Sometimes
he almost thinks he's willed these losses, wooed them,
that they were sent to him as answered prayers.
No selfishness, no self-absorption, no
amount of treachery could ever sate
his appetite to be betrayed, neglected,
shunted aside, so he could feel himself
the righteously aggrieved, abandoned husband.
Wouldn't it be beyond his wildest dreams
if she were really having an affair,
as he accused her of having almost daily?
Who is it? Just tell me who it is. Is it
the yoga teacher, the chiropractor? Who?
How could she stand it except by pulling back
in self-protection and in doing so
play right into his hands and make him feel
so innocent, so noble, so deserving?

One night, a few weeks back, their anger spent,
exhausted into a rare intimacy,
an almost elegiac closeness, as if
they were remembering themselves like this,
being a couple, lovers, talking in bed,
she was telling him about this vision
she'd had while doing yoga, of this white light,
this warm miraculous white light that filled her
with inexplicable well-being. The vision
was all her own, it seemed, and no one's. Deep
within the self and yet completely separate.
A vision, she said, of being beyond the self,
even beyond life. Imperturbable,
Immovable. Eternal. Perfect and whole.

He notices how tightly his own hands now
are twisted in the sheets. He unshackles them.
As he slips from the bed, she stretches out,
relaxing now into untroubled sleep.
At the foot of the bed, he sees her yoga mat,
a darker shadow in the dark room.
And beyond the mat he sees the dormer window
where a few stars still quiver in the black sky.
Those stars will have already disappeared,
fading as the dawn sky brightens when
she herself lies down on the mat, on her stomach,
her back arching so slowly up into
the Cobra that it will look as if it's being
formed not by the pushing of her arms
but by some higher power, drawing her up.
That power will hold her in that pose a moment,
neck thrown back, her lovely neck, her face
looking straight up at the ceiling, before
it eases her back down, and with her forehead
on the floor, knees bent, hands behind her,
gripping her feet, it gently pulls her up
into the Bow.
What is it like to be held
that way, to hold yourself, so poised, so still?
As if you could be all one thing, complete,
enclosed.

Didn't someone say somewhere
that everything can be divided into
smaller and smaller pieces, that there is no
end to division, that infinity
extends down to the infinitely small
as well as up to the infinitely large?
So if you shot an arrow it would never
reach its target, since the distance could
be halved, and halved, and halved, ad infinitum?
He stands on the mat. Slowly, as if it were
a pose that she herself might do, as if
he too were being moved by something, he
turns sideways, toward the window, his gaze fixed
on a single star whose faint light makes the black
sky all around it even blacker; he raises
his arms until his right's extended straight
out toward the star, his left bent at the elbow,
two fingers pulling the string back farther and farther,
aiming into the darkness till he lets it go.

- Alan Shapiro, 'Anger'

And then in a totally opposite frame of mind:

If you're reading this, chances are you've got a muffin. So smile! Today is going to be the best day ever.

I think I'm done. <.<

edit: whoops, forgot to mention. I like your shoes.

Thanqol
2011-03-16, 08:38 PM
Sweet :smallbiggrin: I'll see you Friday! I'll bring my camera just in case and hope my throat gets better for the singing voice.

Onwards and upwards, my friend!

For when you get new cards, some poetry from various sources:

Sunset. Light dwindles over crumbling concrete.
A flicker. Once. Twice.
Too old lamp posts stretch shadows to cover
The path. I shiver;
A cold wind funnels in between cramped buildings.
They loom. I cower.
I step. Footfalls echoing for miles, searching for another but
Nothing. No one.

And here, along this path
Stretching through some town
I don’t know where it goes
I walk and I am frightened
I stare into the fading sunset

I’m startled when you grab my hand.
It’s warm. I look. You laugh,
And point from useless lamps to the sky.
“You can see the stars.”
The last rays of twilight dance across brick buildings.

-Phoebe Kalinowski, "Evening Walk"

Enchanting :smallsmile:

Warning: Very long The following might not be appropriate for the format, but I feel the overall message of the piece fits strongly with what you're doing and is something that ought to be conveyed. Plus I don't feel comfortable abridging something like this since it doesn't really pare down into a quick quotable line, but here it is anyway:

*Snip*

Okay, I'm not going to be able to fit that on my puny palm cards, but it was fantastic so I'll keep it for digital bronies.

And then in a totally opposite frame of mind:

If you're reading this, chances are you've got a muffin. So smile! Today is going to be the best day ever.

I think I'm done. <.<

Awesome :smallbiggrin: Thank you very much.

edit: whoops, forgot to mention. I like your shoes.

Thanks! :smallbiggrin: My Dr. Whoof shoes are still in the mail, unfortunately.

Neon green is in.

Thanqol
2011-03-17, 09:06 PM
This was the greatest success I could possibly have imagined. Every muffin was gone by 12 noon after setting up at 9, and aside from a brief moment were we lost our table - the darkest point of Derpy Day - everything went like a dream. We got some absolutely fantastic reads, we got some people dancing, and most importantly, we made a lot of people happy.

This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN9qveMI4G8) was the best read of the lot, though there were a *lot* of good reads. This man is basically the best teacher ever.

Thank you all. I'll keep you posted as the rest come.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-03-17, 09:09 PM
That man is win.

NinjaPony
2011-03-18, 02:27 AM
This was the greatest success I could possibly have imagined. Every muffin was gone by 12 noon after setting up at 9, and aside from a brief moment were we lost our table - the darkest point of Derpy Day - everything went like a dream. We got some absolutely fantastic reads, we got some people dancing, and most importantly, we made a lot of people happy.

This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN9qveMI4G8) was the best read of the lot, though there were a *lot* of good reads. This man is basically the best teacher ever.

Thank you all. I'll keep you posted as the rest come.

I am not sure what you want for the mix video, if that's still the plan. I'll be checking this board tomorrow, hopefully, and be signed onto messenger. [email protected] <---Not for E-Mailing

Thanqol
2011-03-18, 04:10 AM
I am not sure what you want for the mix video, if that's still the plan. I'll be checking this board tomorrow, hopefully, and be signed onto messenger. [email protected] <---Not for E-Mailing

No idea! Basically now that the raw footage is online I'd kind of like to see people who know what they're doing do something with it :smallsmile:

They're all up by now! Hurray!

This one has the best dancing: http://www.youtube.com/user/Thanqo1#p/u/5/gtX51SncGaM

And this one is one of the most adorable: http://www.youtube.com/user/Thanqo1?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/oBWOEf2j8Uk

The rest can be viewed at http://www.youtube.com/user/Thanqo1

Castel
2011-03-18, 04:34 AM
Oh, wow, that's amazing!

http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq165/Webax/Ponygif/So-much-pony-n1294124772706.gif

Nice job! :smallbiggrin:

Vella_Malachite
2011-03-18, 05:44 AM
Aww, so that was why you were gone when I showed up :smallfrown: My hockey game and various commitments kept me from showing until three.

*is sad she missed it*.

But I'm glad it went so well :smallbiggrin: I agree with Gwyn Chan'r Gwyll: That man is win.

Thanqol
2011-03-18, 06:02 AM
Aww, so that was why you were gone when I showed up :smallfrown: My hockey game and various commitments kept me from showing until three.

*is sad she missed it*.

But I'm glad it went so well :smallbiggrin: I agree with Gwyn Chan'r Gwyll: That man is win.

Aww, I'm sorry. :smallfrown: I was too successful!

For the record, we spent 1/2 an hour derping around after our table was repossessed (the low point of Derpy Day!) and walking between places, meaning that we were otherwise able to dispense one muffin and get one song every 3 minutes. That's a pretty darn good rate to be giving out free muffins!

Kairaven
2011-03-18, 08:12 AM
Nice, I am slightly sad that so few people dance or sang but it is still awesome to infinity.

Just one question though, 50 muffins, 48 videos. Where is evil enchantress number 44 and 50?

MartytheBioGuy
2011-03-18, 08:15 AM
Would the first part of my sig be acceptable for one of your letters? I know it always makes me feel warm and fuzzy. LOVE WINS! Death, pain, and cruelty cannot win, because LOVE. ALWAYS. WINS. :smallsmile:

EDIT: And then I realized I was much too late... :smallfrown:

Thanqol
2011-03-18, 08:42 AM
Nice, I am slightly sad that so few people dance or sang but it is still awesome to infinity.

Just one question though, 50 muffins, 48 videos. Where is evil enchantress number 44 and 50?

Number 44 chickened out post filming; 50 was meant to me but I'm a derp and forgot to film it. It'll come soonish.

EDIT: And then I realized I was much too late...

Not at all! The Box of Friendship is still about a quarter full; I was planning some supplementary techniques to hand out the remainder - drop 'em in mailboxes, pidgeonholes, hand them across with change - and there's certainly nothing wrong with topping it up a bit.

MartytheBioGuy
2011-03-18, 09:03 AM
Oh. Hooray!:smallbiggrin:

DeadManSleeping
2011-03-18, 02:32 PM
Since I don't really have time to sift through 48 videos, did any of them have any singing?

Thanqol
2011-03-18, 08:33 PM
Since I don't really have time to sift through 48 videos, did any of them have any singing?

The majority are simple dramatic reads, sadly. #16 actually sung, though.

Unfortunately there's a bit of a leap between 'read this out loud, random stranger' and 'sing this out loud, random stranger'.

Thanqol
2011-03-21, 11:16 PM
HOLY JESUS BALLER CHRIST WHAT THE FUDGE BARBEQUE

I just got this email:

Hi Thanqol,

My name is Amy Keating Rogers and I am the writer who wrote the My Little Pony episode "Bridle Gossip" where "Evil Enchantress" came from. I just wanted to say that it looks like it was a very fun project. I was just wondering what your goal was with it. What exactly did you set out to do? And did you accomplish it?

Thanks! Amy

JESUS HELLA SMEGGING NOODLESTRAINER BUSINESSCASE

Serpentine
2011-03-22, 12:21 AM
Noice! Look forward to seeing the video! :smallbiggrin:
THE PILLAR OF LETTERS:

And finally, I plan to distribute random, uplifting and inspiring letters to strangers. These should be the kind of messages that make you feel warm and appreciated. I want to use quotes from famous people, from the television show Friendship Is Magic, and generalized positive messages. I also want to convey messages from random people on the internet.I had an idea a little while ago, the gist of which was this: Write a whole lot of letters, with some little compliment on it: "Your hair looks nice today", "I wish I had your style", "Cheer up, you deserve to smile", "You have a beautiful face", that sort of thing. Each one would have a note on it saying "pass this on to someone else for whom it is true", and I'd leave them places or give them to people I think they apply to. The truthliness is important - "you're beautiful" is, in my opinion, pretty meaningless if it comes from someone who has never even seen you before. Positive honesty, requires truth. And then... just see where they end up, really.

Thanqol
2011-03-22, 01:22 AM
Noice! Look forward to seeing the video!

Video's up and in my sig!

:smallbiggrin:I had an idea a little while ago, the gist of which was this: Write a whole lot of letters, with some little compliment on it: "Your hair looks nice today", "I wish I had your style", "Cheer up, you deserve to smile", "You have a beautiful face", that sort of thing. Each one would have a note on it saying "pass this on to someone else for whom it is true", and I'd leave them places or give them to people I think they apply to. The truthliness is important - "you're beautiful" is, in my opinion, pretty meaningless if it comes from someone who has never even seen you before. Positive honesty, requires truth. And then... just see where they end up, really.

You're right! I'll keep this in mind for next Derpy Day!

Serpentine
2011-03-22, 01:33 AM
Video's up and in my sig!I thought you were putting them all together into one?

You're right! I'll keep this in mind for next Derpy Day!Yay! :biggrin:

Thanqol
2011-03-22, 02:09 AM
I thought you were putting them all together into one?

I genuinely have no idea how to do that, also lacking the software. I'm kinda waiting for someone to swoop in and dramatically rescue me splice the video.

Symmys
2011-03-22, 10:02 AM
HOLY JESUS BALLER CHRIST WHAT THE FUDGE BARBEQUE

I just got this email:

Hi Thanqol,

My name is Amy Keating Rogers and I am the writer who wrote the My Little Pony episode "Bridle Gossip" where "Evil Enchantress" came from. I just wanted to say that it looks like it was a very fun project. I was just wondering what your goal was with it. What exactly did you set out to do? And did you accomplish it?

Thanks! Amy

JESUS HELLA SMEGGING NOODLESTRAINER BUSINESSCASE

Awesome. :smallbiggrin:

What did you write back?

Thanqol
2011-03-22, 07:52 PM
Awesome. :smallbiggrin:

What did you write back?

My response:

ohmigoshohmigoshohmigoshohmigosh!!!!!

Ahem. Ahem. Okay. Calmly and reasonably:

For a lot of my life I was a huge introvert; over the past 3-4 years I've been focusing on being more extroverted and overcoming a lot of my social phobias. Maintaining a positive mindset, which comes with doing that, is it's own reward. Essentially I've been operating off the theory that "The world is a wonderful place where people do amazing things all the time for no reason" for a long time and finally decided to live up to some of my own hype.

I don't know where the idea came from, but it came after spending a late night rewatching the MLP series while talking about it on the internet. But I know clearly what I set out to do: Make some random people smile. Even if I didn't get any filming done, I would still have gone out and given away those free muffins out of the genuine belief that people should get free muffins.

I reckon I accomplished this.

It was a huge amount of fun all throughout. The Internet was super helpful and encouraging and the people I filmed were *weirdly* understanding. One guy made me a sweet sign for the stall, one guy gave me $20 for additional muffins, and one guy loaned me his expensive camera with no questions asked.

It was an act of indiscriminate friendship, and really made me realize just how great people are.

Thank you so much for responding! :D Your writing is both fantastic and inspiring, and I swear I'll watch that video the moment I'm out of this lecture!

- Daniel

P.S.: "That Video" is something she linked me to in her first message and I'd say it's the coolest thing I've seen all day but... actually, it is the coolest thing I've seen all day.

Hi Daniel,

Sounds like you went on a noble quest. I believe that folks should get free muffins as well! (As long as they are not those ones Applejack helped Pinkie Pie bake.)

I'm glad you enjoy MLP so much. It is a very fun show to write for. I feel very lucky writing for such fun characters.

Have a great day!

Amy

eeeeeeeeeeeee

DeadManSleeping
2011-03-24, 06:27 PM
P.S.: "That Video" is something she linked me to in her first message and I'd say it's the coolest thing I've seen all day but... actually, it is the coolest thing I've seen all day.

Something personal, or can you please share with the class?

(The class is us)

Thanqol
2011-03-26, 05:36 AM
Something personal, or can you please share with the class?

(The class is us)

Oh goodness, I was sure I had linked that. So sorry to keep you hanging. Here (http://www.youtube.com/user/akrmovietube).

Kairaven
2011-03-28, 11:55 AM
Have you thought about going to the "Media video/music" section of Ponychan and ask if any of those sound and video bronies would be interested in editing your video?

Thanqol
2011-03-28, 06:39 PM
Have you thought about going to the "Media video/music" section of Ponychan and ask if any of those sound and video bronies would be interested in editing your video?

That is a great idea I thought of, began and then forgot about halfway through. Thank you for the reminder.

Technical difficulties have delayed #50 by two weeks; especially tragic as the battery went out halfway through the performance. I assure everyone that #50 will come and it will be classy.

Arcanoi
2011-03-29, 08:46 AM
Thanqol, I may not have mentioned this, but you are a gentleman, a scholar, and a brony, and shouldn't afraid of anything.

Thanqol
2011-04-11, 10:12 AM
Okay bronies. Had to get in a fight and wreck my telephone for this but I'm finally done.

Operation: Indiscriminate Friendship Episode 50. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAqKj01TE_E&feature=channel_video_title)

Thanks again for all the support. This was an absolute blast and I'm going to find some way to one up myself for next year.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2011-04-11, 10:29 AM
Well Thanqol, I must admit I was actually startled to see this here. You see, I actually saw your teacher reading the evil enchantress from a link sent by a IRL friend. It is rather awesome to see that you are a part of gitp:smalltongue:

As people sometimes say, mad props!:smallwink:

Thanqol
2011-04-11, 10:32 AM
Well Thanqol, I must admit I was actually startled to see this here. You see, I actually saw your teacher reading the evil enchantress from a link sent by a IRL friend. It is rather awesome to see that you are a part of gitp:smalltongue:

As people sometimes say, mad props!:smallwink:

The playground is where it all began, man. Thanks!

SaintRidley
2011-04-11, 10:47 AM
Yay for #50!

Excellent silliness all around.

kengleong
2016-03-11, 01:37 AM
Hey bro, i like the way you do it. Hey guys, check out for this site which provide us with a lot of cool whatsapp status (http://gallery.mobile9.com/c/english-status/1/?dsw=1366&dsh=768) for free. :)