PDA

View Full Version : D&D[3.5] waforged build, please give advice and/or feedback

Petertje Segers
2011-03-12, 06:49 AM
hey everybody,

well because I'm kinda new here I don't know how exactly this works. But I saw that builds can be posted here. and I was wondering if somebody here could help me by giving some nice advice or feedback about my beautiful warforged build.

Well.... see I'm making a reserve character for when my current one dies(I hope not to quick:smalleek:) or when I will begin in a new party.

I'm planning on making a melee warforged who focusses on his natural slam attack and grappeling. He/it will be named A.C.M-47( alternate combat model 47) .

Because we use a homebrew rule for stas A.C.M-47 has the following stas:

str 18
dex 12
con 18 (original 14)
int 10
wis 10 ( original 12
cha 8 ( original 10)

Here is the build I was planning on:

lvl 1: fighter: adamantite body, Overload metabolism( yaay for self healing:smallbiggrin: )
level 2: fighter: improved unarmed strike
level 3: fighter: improved grapple
level 4: fighter: Earth’s Embrace
level 5: fighter: no feats :smallfrown:
level 6: fighter: spiked body, Jaws of Death ( for tha messy kills)
level 7: fighter: again no feats......
level 8: fighter: Beast Strike..( for combining attacks )
level 9: fighter: Scorpion’s Grasp ( free grapple after succesfull attack= awesome)

A.C.M-47 will probably have a set of battle fist to enhanch its slam attack :smallbiggrin:

for the rest of the levels I do not know yet what kind of levels/feats to take.
Thats why I hope that you can give me some advice for this build .

(BTW english isn't my native speach, so if my english is bad just say it).

Darrin
2011-03-12, 07:35 AM
hey everybody,
for the rest of the levels I do not know yet what kind of levels/feats to take.
Thats why I hope that you can give me some advice for this build .

Can you list what books/sources are allowed? Do you have access to Tome of Battle? (ToB = easiest way to add constrict damage.)

Would you be opposed to adding some psionics? (Expansion is the easiest way to get bigger, and getting bigger is the best way to optimize grappling.)

Petertje Segers
2011-03-12, 07:51 AM
well.. I can have acces to almost any book :smallbiggrin: only unearthed arcana and savage species are banned by the DM.

I think some psionic warrior is awsome, but I have no experience in playing them...

Saintheart
2011-03-12, 07:53 AM
First watchword of posting out here: never, ever, ever mention that your access to books is by anything other than totally legal, paid for downloads. :smallwink:

Uhtred
2011-03-12, 03:40 PM
Warforged Juggernaut is darned tasty. All the plusses to being a Construct, and all the minuses. But you get armor spikes naturally and your slam damage increases, if I remember correctly. That would remove Spiked Body from your feats list and free up a slot for something more fun! Plus Juggernauts get Powerful Charge and Greater Powerful Charge as class features, which deal special damage on a charge. And as it's only a 5-level Prestige class, you'd be free to finish out with five levels of Warblade with an eventual 15 Initiator Level.

MeeposFire
2011-03-12, 03:43 PM
Make sure to take superior unarmed strike and snap kick from Tome of Battle. This will let you deal more damage and give you an extra attack even on the move.

If you can convince your DM to allow you to use the zhentarum fighter that would be nice too. Your intimidate may not be great but you will not be using swift actions much anyway and being scary sounds right up your alley.