PDA

View Full Version : Heroic Spelunkers IC

Pages : [1] 2

Tusalu
2011-03-12, 09:32 AM
A few days past you were approached in a tavern by a man wearing a robe and a star-symbol necklace. He told you he had an offer for you. You followed him to a small meeting room.
"I thank you for listening to me. The kingdom is in danger, and I believe you can help save it. The Steel Guard are supposed to protect the kingdom, but they would not listen to us. A warlord by the name of Rekan is gathering armies of monsters and barbarians everywhere around Datheria. We need someone to fight them, before they make their first move inside the kingdom. If you will help us stop them, we will reward you one thousand gold pieces.

Rekan´s forces are quietly moving in on the kingdom´s frontier regions. Most of all now, we need to find out what he´s doing and stop him. Will you help us with that?"

You express possible interest, and he goes on.

"You must be wondering who 'we' are. We are an old organization, who have been watching people like Rekan for a long time. We want to protect the people of Datheria, and Rekan is a real threat. I can't tell you much more yet.
If you want to save the kingdom, you must go to the village of Stokeram north of here. A coach is leaving next morning, and your passage on it will be free. Ask the locals there for Speria. She is one of us, and she will tell you all you need to know."
He bows for you, and swiftly leaves.

Next morning you find yourself on the coach, together with the other heroes. It is obvious that they are also adventurers of some kind.

Mysterious_A
2011-03-12, 10:40 AM
Sooke

A man sits by a window, staring outwards into the world, the local scenery apparently much more interesting than anything inside the coach.

This man seems rather unusually placed to be in a group of adventurers. For one thing he looks well into his 70s, with white hair and a beard. And for another, he looks frail... almost like a cold breeze could take him out...

Nevertheless, here the man sits, oblivious to anything but his window. Which is exactly why you can't see one of his most prominent features...

Because if the man were to turn to the inside of the carriage, you'd see...the eyes. The intensely green eyes, so intense they almost glow! (do they?...) Eyes that seem to take you to the harsh, unforgiving jungle in a way you've never experienced it. Eyes filled with power...

If Sooke were to turn to the inside of the carriage, he would suddenly look a whole deal less frail...

Edit: A typo.

hustlertwo
2011-03-12, 10:51 AM
An old and grizzled water orc flops down onto one of the coach's seats, his wide array of weapons clanking together as he does so. He gazes at the assemblage of adventurers around him with an air of nonchalance. So, anyone here taking down their first evil warlord?

Starbuck_II
2011-03-12, 11:12 AM
Omit looks at the Orc and smiles. His thick banded mail covering most of his body, but his head showing with short black hair and grey eyes.

Well, we all might soon, Mr. Orc. Since we seem to be traveling together, why not something to call each other. Call me anything but late for dinner. Though Omit will do.

hustlertwo
2011-03-12, 11:39 AM
The orc points to himself with one raggedly-clawed finger. Gunther. And my first 'evil' tyrant must've been twenty-five years ago, mate. Of course, the fellow who had us overthrow him turned out to be no better, but them's the breaks. Only thing unusual about this one is that these Datherians know what's coming, have a fair bit of military might, but just don't feel like doing anything about it. Normally it's the knowledge or strength that's lacking, not the common sense.

Mysterious_A
2011-03-12, 11:55 AM
Sooke

Sooke makes no move to interact with the others, but a viper snake does appear slithering from one of his shoulders to the other, and it gives you an interested hiss, almost like a greeting...

Ragnir
2011-03-12, 01:25 PM
A bald, middle-aged and average-built man enters the coach. He makes a gesture of greeting while announcing: Greetings and salutations. I am Richard Roadworthy, and I will be travelling with you good-folk for the rest of this journey.
He takes seat and listens to the conversations going on.

BlackAngel
2011-03-12, 03:38 PM
Another middle aged human man enters the coach, carrying a huge sword in his hand. The man looks around, and then takes a seat.
He has blond hair, but dark skin, and a scar over his left eye. His eyes shows no sign of emotions.

CaeruliusVentus
2011-03-12, 03:58 PM
Behind the taller men comes the figure of a child. Closer inspection would show that instead of a human child, the coach is now occupied by a full grown but very short halfling. "You can call me Snide. Before you say anything, I have heard all the comments about snide remarks and snide jokes. I assure you that only thing snide you can get from me is a rock between your eyes."

hustlertwo
2011-03-12, 03:58 PM
Gunther gives a wry smirk to the group of humans around him.

Looks like our recruiters have a preference for softskins. I guess I'm just here to fill a quota. Or maybe it's because I'm so pretty?

He leans back and barks a short laugh at his own wit, then softens his gaze a bit.

Well, your type's fine by me. Smell a bit too sissified, but I've killed enough of you to know you're a pretty hardy lot. Not as prone to begging as those damnable elves.

BlackAngel
2011-03-12, 04:25 PM
The dark skinned human gives the halfling at short look, and says:
I don't care about your size, as long as you are useful
There still ain't any emotions showing on the mans face.

Starbuck_II
2011-03-12, 04:52 PM
Omit laughed as he contemplated the group. So very different...

Well, Gunther, you are much more talkative than most of the orcs I've met. And Snide, I'll not saying anything about your name, but you do seem a little testy.
So you with the big sword, got something to call you?

hustlertwo
2011-03-12, 05:35 PM
Yeah, that's one orcish stereotype that's pretty true; most aren't too fond of saying more than the odd grunt or snarl. But you spend enough time away from the beaches, and socializing becomes something of a necessity. Big armed orc sits in a tavern and doesn't say anything, people start looking around for the nearest constable. Which is a real pain if you actually are there to hurt somebody.

Gunther looks down at the smallish arrival.

If you don't like the name, change it. If you do, don't be so defensive.

CaeruliusVentus
2011-03-12, 07:03 PM
Snide hops onto a seat and turns to face everyone with a bright smile, "Just getting the important stuff out of the way. I may not be able to stand up in a fist fight, but I am good at making sure the big fighters don't get caught off guard and killed by some scheming wizard."

Mysterious_A
2011-03-12, 07:17 PM
Sooke

The druid's snake seems to like that. Raekheezil hisses approvingly, once again reajusting it's position on the man's shoulders.

BlackAngel
2011-03-13, 03:40 AM
Most people call me Traward Chandler.
Traward strengthens his grip on the sword and continues:
And I hope you lot are ready to kill or die, now that we are headed for a battlefield.

Ragnir
2011-03-13, 07:11 AM
Of course! We shall vanquish the evildoers in a most glorious fashion. In the name of Saint Cuthbert ha haaa! Richard exclaimed as he raised a fist.

hustlertwo
2011-03-13, 09:36 AM
Gunther raises an eyebrow at Richard's enthusiasm. I never found anything particularly glorious about sliding a blade into a stomach, or cracking open a skull with a flail. The word I'd use would probably be messy. But to each their own.

He then notices the mage's serpent, and an avaricious gleam comes into his eyes.

Hey, Pops. I know your type is real attached to these critters, so don't take offense. But if it happens to die during all this, can I...eat it? Got something of a weakness for snake meat.

Mysterious_A
2011-03-13, 01:42 PM
Sooke

The old man doesn't take his eyes off the window to answer initially, but he doesn't take very long to do it either, an indication that he might not be as oblivious as one might think.

"Well, we all die eventually, and we are all eventually food for some other creature...", he begins, in a distant tone...

The druid soon becomes a lot closer, though...

Sooke turns, fulminating the orc with a green gaze. "If you prove yourself to be worthy of it, Raekheezil will be honored to be your feed. But that is, of course, assuming he won't get to eat you first..."

hustlertwo
2011-03-13, 01:54 PM
The orc grins at this proposition. Be a bit hypocritical for me to say no, huh? Sounds like a deal.

Gunther breaks off from the old man's steely stare to look into the eyes of Raekheezil.

You and me got us an arrangement, snake. Hope if it comes to it, I taste as good to you as you will to me.

Mysterious_A
2011-03-13, 04:24 PM
Sooke

Raekheezil reciprocates the look right back, with a hissing sound that's between the amused and the eager.

After that it continues it's slithering motions, and Sooke goes back to his contemplation, or whatever it is he's doing.

Apparently viper and human have very different personalities. One stands absolutely still, while the other just will not.

Tusalu
2011-03-15, 10:26 AM
After a hour or so the coach arrives in Stokeram. It is a rather small village, consisting mostly of farms and barns. The only stone building seems to be a temple. The only other notable buildings are a tavern, a smithy, and a small town hall.

BlackAngel
2011-03-15, 11:47 AM
Finally We're here!

Traward hastily gets out of the coarh, still with the sword in his hand.

CaeruliusVentus
2011-03-15, 11:48 AM
Snide hops out of the cab, "You really like that sword, or did is you arm simply connected to it?"

Ragnir
2011-03-15, 01:31 PM
Richard steps out of the coach and scans the scenery. He notice the temple. "Ah... A temple. And to whose honour? To Saint Cuthbert I hope." He remarked.

Edit: Forgot colour.

Mysterious_A
2011-03-15, 01:44 PM
Sooke

Sooke walks out of the coach measuredly, inspecting his surroundings with a general indifference.

hustlertwo
2011-03-15, 01:55 PM
Gunther waits until the others have left, and then disembarks, stretching as he hops to the ground, taking in his surroundings.

If this is a protection sort of mission, dibs on the tavern. If it's any other kind of mission, still dibs on the tavern.

He then relaxes, maintaining a casual watch of the situation in case the danger is more immediate than it appears.

BlackAngel
2011-03-15, 02:05 PM
Traward gives Snide an irritated glance, and says:

Do you have any idea how bothersome it is to draw a sword this big? One hell of hustle I tell you! Plus I have to many enemies to walk around unprepared or unarmed.

BlackAngel
2011-03-15, 02:08 PM
Traward shouts:

Then I take dibs on the BEER!!

CaeruliusVentus
2011-03-15, 02:13 PM
"If that is your concern, I know of a particular gnomish invention called a storing glove. Lets you pop a weapon in and out of existence with the wink of an eye. Kills two birds really, since the sudden appearance of a sword that big isn't likely to sit all that well with whoever happens to be facing you."

Saying this for character reasons, not to advise you on getting the item or trying to teach you something you probably already know.

BlackAngel
2011-03-15, 04:15 PM
I have heard about those, but there are 2 problems. First off this sword of mine is too big for one of those gloves. And second, such a powerful magic item isn't cheap. Otherwise a good idea.

Starbuck_II
2011-03-15, 07:36 PM
Bah, my mind is my weapon. It is a much more sophisticated weapon than a mundane sword that you have carry around like that.
After he gets out he stretches a bit.
Now, let us see about a drink. It has been a long trip.

CaeruliusVentus
2011-03-15, 07:59 PM
Snide mumbles to himself, "Now there is a weapon you don't need tool to shrink out of sight."
Then more loudly, "I'm going to find our contact. Who wants to join me?"

Ragnir
2011-03-15, 08:00 PM
Richard frowns at the mentioning of beer and says, in a mildly annoyed tone.
Just refrain from getting too drunk... Alcohol and work doesn't usually conflate into anything but disaster.
He walks toward the tavern.

hustlertwo
2011-03-15, 10:06 PM
I agree with the goody-goody, probably should keep the boozin' to a minimum. Although that's more because we don't get paid in advance, and drink ain't cheap. As for weapons, I am one. All these shiny-shinies I tote around on my person are just for decoration.

BlackAngel
2011-03-16, 06:04 AM
There can never be too much booze, is's just a question of where the booze is... Or rather who gets drunk.

Mysterious_A
2011-03-16, 11:19 AM
Sooke

The druid follows Richard, not a word spoken.

CaeruliusVentus
2011-03-16, 11:33 AM
Snide heads in the other direction and looks for a merchant or a passer-by to ask about Speria.

gather information:
[roll0]
or you can roll it if you prefer

Tusalu
2011-03-16, 02:37 PM
Snide stops a bored-looking peasant, who looks down to him surprised.

"Speria, eh? She lives over in the temple. A bit weird if you ask me. Ask Jerome - he's the priest there."

Tusalu
2011-03-16, 02:40 PM
The rest of the party enter the tavern. The common room is very small, with three tables with chairs, and a few stools at the bar. Everything seems to be scrubbed clean perfectly, and aside from the tables and chairs the room is very sparsely furnished.

There are no-one in the tavern, except a young woman sitting on a chair behind the bar. She looks to the door, and at seeing you she looks a bit worried.

CaeruliusVentus
2011-03-16, 02:55 PM
Snide gives an intricate bow as thanks and heads to the temple. "Hello! Hello! Anyone around?" he calls as he enters the spaces of the building.

BlackAngel
2011-03-16, 03:04 PM
Miss bartender! Get me your biggest jug of beer that you have! And get it done fast!

Traward shouts while heading for the bar.

Starbuck_II
2011-03-16, 08:39 PM
Hey pretty lady. I just need something to sooth my back after riding in that coach. What is the bar's speciality liquer? I'll take one.

Omit said as he entered the tavern.

Ragnir
2011-03-17, 06:38 AM
Richard scowls at Traward, and mutters some inaudibly.
He turns to the woman.
I'll just have water, please... My throat is so very dry after the trip.

Mysterious_A
2011-03-17, 08:19 AM
Sooke

Sooke asks of Speria's location, a viper staring disconcertingly at whoever he happens to question.

Gather information: 1d20

Tusalu
2011-03-17, 03:31 PM
The young woman mutters nervously "Yes, sir. Of course sir."
She finds a large mug and begins to pour from a keg, while her gaze remains fixed on Traward´s sword. The mug overflows and she drops it.
"I... I am ve-very sorry, sir. I will get you another one."
She finds a new mug, while leaving the first one on the floor.This time she watches it, but her hands are shaking as she pours it.
She places it before Traward, and says very quietly "That'll be four coppers, sir."

She turns to Omit. "We have brandy, sir. I'll just get you one."
She disappears into a room behind her, and comes back with a dusty bottle. She pours a glass for him. "Six coppers, sir." She turns to Richard. "Here, sir. A mug of water, sir". She places it before him.

Tusalu
2011-03-17, 03:35 PM
Sooke stops a peasant, who directs him to the temple like Snide was.

Tusalu
2011-03-17, 03:41 PM
Hearing Snide´s call, an old man appears from a side chamber. He is wearing exquisite ceremonial robes decorated with the sun-disc of Pelor. His hair is grey, his face clean-shaven, and his eyes looks focused and penetrating.
He glares at you. "A halfling? I will let you know that we do not look kindly upon theft here in our peaceful settlement. What business do you have here, disturbing my communion with the Supreme Shining One?"
His voice is loud but controlled, and each word calls forth a slight echo from the stone walls.

CaeruliusVentus
2011-03-17, 03:56 PM
Snide bows (thought not in the same distract-you-while-someone-nabs-your-wallet as he had outside) and says, "Those halflings that don't believe in property rights don't normally announce their presence. Besides, I am just here to see Speria."

hustlertwo
2011-03-17, 03:59 PM
Gunther eyes the oddly garbed old man who just entered with suspicion, and mutters ...racist... under his breath as he continues to sit back and see what unfolds.

Mysterious_A
2011-03-17, 07:52 PM
Sooke

Sooke leaves the tavern, wondering if the others of the group forgot the mission entirely. He doesn't give it much thought, though...

Quicklings will be quicklings.

He starts heading for the temple, taking in the natural sights. Wholly too tame for his tastes, the place could do with a little transformation...

BlackAngel
2011-03-18, 03:06 AM
Traward says in a relaxed tone:

Relax woman, i am not going to harm you. No one has payed me to, and I don't have any other reason to.

After that he empties the mug, and throws a silver coin on the bar as he shouts:

Another one!

Ragnir
2011-03-18, 12:42 PM
Richard emptied his mug and let out a sigh of relief.
Thanks for the water, may Saint Cuthbert shield you from danger.
He glanced at Traward, shaked his head, with a slightly disappointed expression on his face, and proceeded to exit the tavern.

Tusalu
2011-03-18, 04:29 PM
The priest glares down at Snide. "Sperria? What business could you have with Speria?"
He scoffs.
"Well, I will not stop you. She is staying in a chamber back there."
He points towards one of the doors.

At this time the ones who were at the tavern and went to the temple arrives.

Tusalu
2011-03-18, 04:30 PM
The woman in the bar pours Traward another beer.

Mysterious_A
2011-03-18, 04:45 PM
Sooke

Sooke arrives just as the priest finishes speaking, entering the temple hastily and sparing the man few words as he proceeds to the back chamber.

"Yes, greetings and all that. No time to talk, until a later time."

CaeruliusVentus
2011-03-18, 05:04 PM
Snide turns towards the new arrivals, "Suitably refreshed? Follow me."
He turns once more and heads to where the priest had indicated.

hustlertwo
2011-03-18, 09:56 PM
Gunther grows weary of watching others drink without being able to afford to join in. Come on, Traward. We don't want one of the others tattling to our employer about how we spent all our time in the souse house. He grabs his human companion and drags him out the door towards the tavern, along with the others.

Tusalu
2011-03-19, 11:39 AM
You enter the door the priest pointed to. Inside you find a small chamber where a woman wearing a scholarly robe is sitting at a desk, studying several open books. She looks up from her work as you enter.
"Greetings. I take it you are the ones who will help me investigate Rekan´s activities."
She doesn't pause to let you answer, but continues immediately.
"We think the hills north of here are one of the sites Rekan is interested in. He might send some agents here. I want you to take a look around the hills, to see if there is any evidence of activity beyond the normal shepherds. Also we have discovered five ancient ruin-sites that might be of interest to him, you should investigate them as well. I have marked the sites with small flags with this star-symbol on them."

She shows you a necklace identical to the one of the man who recruited you.

"Just let me know if anyone has been in there. But beware, we think they might be inhabited by hostile creatures. Such places seem to attract them. But, then again that is why we hired swords instead of tomes."
She gives a small chuckle.

"I have prepared a map of the hills showing the ruins sites and other interesting features."
She hands over a map case to Snide.

Starbuck_II
2011-03-19, 01:18 PM
He enjoyed the drink, but was interested in news (following the others).
So Gunther, how many weapons do ya carry around?

CaeruliusVentus
2011-03-19, 02:47 PM
Snide examines the map before putting it away. "I shall confer with the rest of the group and we shall head out as soon as we are able. Anyone having any questions before we leave?"

Mysterious_A
2011-03-19, 03:02 PM
Sooke

"No, I, for one, do not. The sooner we start the better.", says Sooke, both viper and druid eyeing the map with synchronized interest.

hustlertwo
2011-03-19, 11:15 PM
Questions mean thinking, and thinking's not a soldier's job. Leave that to the pointy-heads who're footing the bill. as for my weapons, just the bare essentials. A flail, a guisarme, a couple (dozen) loaded slings, a few javelins, and a partridge in a pear tree. Although that's sort of an improvised weapon.

Ragnir
2011-03-20, 08:42 AM
Richard enters the temple, after a little detour around the town apparently.
He notice the others engaged in conversation, and realise that he might be a bit late.
Ach! So sorry...
He says, as he bows his head in shame.
I hope, I have not missed anything important.

Tusalu
2011-03-26, 08:57 AM
The map you have received show the hills north of the village. There is one ruin site very close north-east of the village. Three others are a bit further north. The one of them furthest to the west is marked as "Monsters, beware!" .One ruin site lies east of the village, on the edge of the hills. There are also marked two caves in the hills, with the one furthest away marked as "Quite large".

"Come back to me if you discover anything extra-ordinary." says Speria.

hustlertwo
2011-03-26, 12:59 PM
Gunther eyes the map warily, as he does with most any printed item, his ability to read being better than most barbarians but still well below that of a scholar. Well, we might as well check out the closest site, then. Hopefully we can get there before nightfall, check it out and then make camp to explore one or two of the others tomorrow.

Mysterious_A
2011-03-26, 01:52 PM
Sooke

Sooke nods. "I concur. And I'll be sure to consult the wild before we enter each of these caves... you never know when you're about to meet something that outranks you in the foodchain, afterall."

Raekheezil hisses at that, apparently very excited by the concept.

CaeruliusVentus
2011-03-26, 02:38 PM
Snide nods in agreement.

Tusalu
2011-03-27, 06:45 AM
Map:

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/892/stokeramhills.jpg (http://img810.imageshack.us/i/stokeramhills.jpg/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

It is now noon, and it looks like it will take about an hour to get to the nearest ruins. Is there anything you want to do before leaving?

Ragnir
2011-03-27, 08:03 AM
Then it is settled... I am ready to venture forth. Let us meet outside when everything is ready.
Richard walks out.
On his way out, he notice the priest and the sun-disc of Pelor on his robe.
Ahh... It is good to see that it is at least one of saint Cuthbert's trusted allies, this fair temple has been built for.
Richard says as he bows in respect...
Even though it cannot match the splendor of any temple to saint Cuthbert I have seen.
He mutters

CaeruliusVentus
2011-03-27, 11:59 AM
Snide rolls up the map and stows it away. "I'm set to go, so I'll wait outside."

hustlertwo
2011-03-28, 01:22 PM
I think I'm good to go. Hopefully the rest of you are as well.

BlackAngel
2011-03-28, 01:24 PM
I am ready to go, but which site do we start with? Just the one closets by?

CaeruliusVentus
2011-03-28, 01:33 PM
"Yep, no sense wasting extra effort or spending more time in a carriage with over-sized shaving razors than absolutely necessary."

Mysterious_A
2011-03-28, 03:32 PM
Sooke

Sooke readies to follow the others.

Tusalu
2011-03-28, 04:10 PM
You leave the village at noon.
After 20 minutes of walking according to the map´s directions you spot the small flag Speria mentioned. Behind the flag is a pillared entrance into the hillside. Six pillars have once held up a roof where there is now only earth, and the remains of a stone door hangs one one hinge. It is all overgrown with weeds and bushes. The inside is dark from here.

hustlertwo
2011-03-28, 08:24 PM
Gunther enters first, not intimidated by the inky black inside the ruin. He looks back at the others as he crosses the threshold. I don't mind the lack of light, but you softskin types will probably be wanting a lantern or one of those glowy spells.

60 foot darkvision going, apparently water orcs don't lose it like most other racial variants.

BlackAngel
2011-03-29, 02:29 AM
Tarward takes forth a sunrod, and strikes one of the pillars as he passes by, so that the sunrod ignites.

I will be right behind you Gunther, whether that is reassuring or not.

Tarward says while following the orc. And after he finished his sentence he stops the sunrod in his mouth, and puts both hands on his sword.

Starbuck_II
2011-03-29, 12:40 PM
Gah, this darkness is terrible. Glad you can see Gunther.
He walks behind Tarward so he can see.

CaeruliusVentus
2011-03-29, 12:47 PM
Snide follows along so as not to get lost in the darkness. While the others watch for larger threats to jump out of the shadows, Snide watches the walls and floor for the signs of traps or hidden passages.

Mysterious_A
2011-03-29, 01:31 PM
Sooke

Sooke follows the others into the cave. He walks at the back of the group, saying nothing and paying little attention to anyone who does. He watches, his green gaze piercing the darkness. Raekheezil on his shoulder, less hiperactive than usual, the druid looks for the slightest movement, the slightest detail...

Tusalu
2011-03-29, 02:03 PM
You enter the crumbling hall in the hill.
You walk through an entry-passage, and into a larger room. It is not all that large thugh, and it would be crowded with all of you in it.
There is a statue by the far wall. It looks like an elf wearing the robes of a priest.
There are two doors here, one to the left and one to the right.

Everything here seems to have been long undisturbed, the room is overgrown with vines and fungi, and you see the occasional vermin scurrying away from the light.

CaeruliusVentus
2011-03-29, 03:25 PM
Snide steps up to the statue and mutters a few words under his breath. He then looks around the statue and door to determine their purpose, history, and use.

DM

Using detect magic and searching (mod +6)

Tusalu
2011-03-31, 03:58 PM
You don't know anything about the history of the statue, but it is non-magical and very old and worn down.

Mysterious_A
2011-03-31, 04:23 PM
Sooke

Sooke inspects the place casually.

"Hm. Delightful. A bit too earthy for me, I suppose...", he pauses, "So, which way are going, my dear quicklings? Which door do you think looks less prone to collapsing above us?"

hustlertwo
2011-03-31, 05:12 PM
Don't matter to me which. But I'd say we go together; splitting up tends to lead to trouble.

BlackAngel
2011-04-01, 01:25 AM
Traward takes the sunrod out of his mouth, and says:

Just to decide something, lest go right.

Afterwards he puts the sunrod back into his mouth, and heads for the door on the right.

hustlertwo
2011-04-02, 10:12 AM
Sounds good by me.

Gunther opens the door to the right and carefully goes through first, wary of any traps or attacks.

Mysterious_A
2011-04-02, 10:35 AM
Sooke

Sooke and Raekheezil follow, staying a careful distance away from the front of the group.

CaeruliusVentus
2011-04-02, 11:36 AM
Snide also follows.

Tusalu
2011-04-03, 04:36 AM
The heavy stone door creaks as it opens. Your light reveals a small room. In the middle is a stone pedestal. On it lies a small white gem, which seems to glow faintly by itself.

hustlertwo
2011-04-03, 11:42 AM
Gunther eyes the stone with distrust. We're just supposed to see if these ruins were being used, right? Not take things from them? Because I really don't want to touch that thing. Last time I saw a gem just sitting out in the open like this, it ended up with one guy catching a poison dart with his face and two more cut down by resurrected skeleton warriors.

BlackAngel
2011-04-03, 12:42 PM
I could not agree more with your there, Gunther.

CaeruliusVentus
2011-04-03, 02:53 PM
"Well we shouldn't just walk away without at least searching the room. Don't worry, I won't touch the stone." Snide searches the room and the pedestal without touching the stone.

Starbuck_II
2011-04-04, 11:36 AM
Would it be okay, if I let my friend touch the stone? Poison has no hold on him.
Omit says as he holds a crystal in his palm.

Tusalu
2011-04-04, 04:49 PM
Snide searches the room carefully. The only thing that wasn't immediately apparent is the faded remains of old wall decorations. Something was painted on the wall, but as worn as it is you can only make out bits and pieces. A hand, a mace, a star, and something which looks like a person.

CaeruliusVentus
2011-04-04, 05:15 PM
Snide points out the paintings to the rest of the group. "Not sure what it means, but maybe one of you will recognize it."

hustlertwo
2011-04-05, 08:22 AM
Gunther steps out of the way to allow Omit to pass towards the crystal. Be my guest. I'm just going to be standing right...back...here.

Mysterious_A
2011-04-05, 01:13 PM
Sooke

Sooke approaches the painting, eyeing it curiously.

"Oh, yes, by all means.", he says to Omit, still facing the wall decoration, "Please do interact with the ancient and possibly death-inducing artifact. I don't see how that could go wrong at all."

Starbuck_II
2011-04-05, 07:53 PM
You show little bravery, it is just a gem.Omit says as he walks toward gem.

He looks to see if it is attached/fastened to the pedestal or would easily be removed before attempting to remove it.
DM:

Spot check+3.

Mysterious_A
2011-04-06, 04:10 AM
"...said the overconfident quickling before dying in an explosion of mutilated gore..."

Sooke doesn't seem to be very concerned, despite his words. He still stares intently at the painting and, at his shoulder, so does Raekheezil.

Tusalu
2011-04-06, 02:23 PM
The gem is lying on top of the pedestal with nothing to keep you from taking it. Omit picks it up. It gives off a pleasant warmth in your hand despite it´s small size. The faint glow from the gem continues.

Sooke is unable to make out any more of the painting. Time has turned what must have been a colourful decoration to faint traces.

hustlertwo
2011-04-06, 03:41 PM
Anti-climactic. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. Unless you see something else, shall we go try the left doorway?

BlackAngel
2011-04-07, 02:42 AM
Yeah, lets do that.

Tarward heads for the other door.

Tusalu
2011-04-09, 04:14 AM
Traward enters the other room. It is even smaller than the one to the right, allowing only one person inside at a time. The light of your sunrod illuminates another ancient wall decoration. This one is in better condition though, and the basic motif can be discerned. It shows a magnificent city with white pillars and tall towers. The sun is setting red behind the horizon.

hustlertwo
2011-04-09, 09:04 AM
Gunther calls in to Traward. See anything of note? Let us know if you need one of us to come in there and figure something out. Although t probably won't be me, figuring is not my forte.

BlackAngel
2011-04-09, 02:00 PM
There is another decoration, and this one is in far better shape. Come check it out.

Traward leaves the little room again, to allow the others to go in and check it.

hustlertwo
2011-04-09, 02:07 PM
Gunther enters, pokes his fingers at a few random spots on the wall looking for possible hidden switches or traps, and leaves, simply shrugging his shoulders wordlessly.

Mysterious_A
2011-04-09, 03:05 PM
Sooke

Sooke enters the room to look at the drawing. Staring intently for a moment the old man scratches his beard, Raekheezil hissing at him inquisitevely. It is almost as if the two were discussing the situation...

After a while he steps out and adresses the others. "Two rooms there are, my quicklings. Two rooms, two drawings...but one crystal?", he lets that sink for a moment and continues, "Omit, if you'd please take the crystal into the second room. Something tells me that is the appropriate course of action if we are to find out what used to happen here."

Starbuck_II
2011-04-10, 01:55 PM
"Really, okay? " Omit walks to where Sooke tells him. He was hoping this worked. Not sure exactly what he was supposed to do with the crystal in the room.

Tusalu
2011-04-11, 09:40 AM
Omit enters the small room with the gem. Nothing happens.

Mysterious_A
2011-04-11, 01:10 PM
Sooke

Sooke sighs. "Hm. Suppose it was a bit of a shot in the dark. I don't see what, if anything else, we can do here... thoughts?"

CaeruliusVentus
2011-04-11, 01:13 PM
Snide walks out of the larger room. He stops for a moment to satisfy his curiosity that there is no place for the gem in the statue before heading towards the outside.

Not sure if that would be spot or search.

Tusalu
2011-04-12, 03:46 PM
The statue is worn and smooth, and even though the gem is small you can't make it fit anywhere.

hustlertwo
2011-04-12, 10:02 PM
Gunther scratches at his head. Well, maybe there's nothing to be done here at all? It's a ruin, so even if it did serve a purpose there's no guarantee it still does. I'd say we take the gem, to make sure no one else can make use of it, and bring it back to the temple after we return from the other sites.

BlackAngel
2011-04-13, 05:04 AM
That's probably the best course of action, at this point.

BlackAngel
2011-04-15, 01:37 AM
Which other site is the closet to this one? And should we just head there?

Tarward says impatiently.

CaeruliusVentus
2011-04-15, 06:50 AM
Snide pulls out the map and dutifully points out the next spot. "Do you think we will get there before night, or should we be looking for a place to rest?"

hustlertwo
2011-04-15, 12:36 PM
I think the nearest ruin was south-southeast of this location, and Stokeram. We should go there. As for distance, I'm not sure. But since this only took an hour, I doubt it'll be more than a couple to get to there, so I say we give it a shot. Then whether or not we find anything at that place, we'll camp out there before continuing on tomorrow. Now decide who's holding on to that gem, and let's get gone.

Gunther trundles off toward the cave opening.

Mysterious_A
2011-04-15, 03:16 PM
Sooke

Sooke nods in uninterested agreement, and follows Gunther.

Tusalu
2011-04-17, 07:41 AM
It looks like it will take an hour and a half to reach the ruins to the south-east.

CaeruliusVentus
2011-04-17, 07:45 AM
"Let's use the sun while we have it. Off we go."
Who wants to take the lead?

hustlertwo
2011-04-17, 11:53 AM
Gunther moves at the front of the pack, his spiked chain in hand.

Tusalu
2011-04-21, 04:05 PM
After an hour and a half you arrive at the next site designated by Speria. Here her flag marks a broken stone hatch seemingly built into the ground itself.

CaeruliusVentus
2011-04-21, 06:19 PM
"Too heavy for me to lift. Shall we have a strong man competition?"

hustlertwo
2011-04-21, 08:33 PM
Gunther flexes his fairly considerable muscles and puts his weight behind one good pull on the hatch.

Strength check if needed: [roll0]

Tusalu
2011-04-22, 10:34 AM
You remove the remains of the hatch covering the entry. The floor down in the hole is 8 ft. down, and is accessible by ladder-steps built into the stone wall.

Dc 7 climb to descend. You are allowed to Take 10

Zazori
2011-04-23, 07:50 AM
Hi there. A female voice says from behind you.
When you turn around and look at her, you see a young and beautiful woman she has bright blue eyes and blond hair.
Judging by her equipment she looks like some kind of a warrior, she has a greataxe on her back and wears a studded leather armor, though she seems much more agile than the common warrior.
I am Ayasan Mithflower and I've been sent here by Speria as support for your group. She makes a small bow.

hustlertwo
2011-04-23, 09:28 AM
The more, the merrier. Boogie on down here, babe.

Gunther shimmies down the steps with ease and looks around inside the entrance.

Taking 10. Don't remember my climb mod offhand, but I think it's +4 or 5. So no problem.

Mysterious_A
2011-04-23, 09:45 AM
Sooke eyes the new arrival with a frown, but then decides to not make any commentary yet. Rhaekeezil gives Ayasan a complimentary hiss and the druid climbs down after Gunther.

Taking 10 as well.

Zazori
2011-04-24, 02:05 PM
Ayasan waits for the others to climb down before she does so, as she doesn't feel that she is a part of the group yet.

Climb take 10 for a total of 14.

CaeruliusVentus
2011-04-24, 02:15 PM
Snide, not wanting to get too far from those with muscle, follows after (taking 10).

BlackAngel
2011-04-24, 05:57 PM
Wait for me.

Tarward climbs down the ladder.

Taking 10 = 11 or so

Tusalu
2011-04-28, 12:24 PM
You enter a small room built underground. It is similar to the last ruins you explored. The light falls on old walls, some crumbling allowing earth and vines to enter through the walls.
Fungi grow under the ceiling especially in the corners.
Despite the state of the room, the tiles of the floor still fit perfectly with each other with little sign of decay.

CaeruliusVentus
2011-04-28, 12:26 PM
Snide looks to see if there are any markings on the walls.

Zazori
2011-04-28, 01:21 PM
The floor seems.. unusual?.. If you'd like I can search it for traps though it might take a while. Ayasan says.

CaeruliusVentus
2011-04-28, 01:41 PM
"Another trapfinder? Ah well, I guess two is less dead than one. I'll start on this end and you start over there."

Snide starts a more thorough search of the room.

Zazori
2011-04-28, 01:50 PM
Ayasan begins from the other end.

(Take 20 search for a total of 29), looking for traps and other unusual things)

Tusalu
2011-04-28, 04:34 PM
You discover that a large tile in the middle of the floor is built to be removable.

Zazori
2011-04-29, 10:05 AM
Ayasan Searches the tile for traps once more.
If she finds no traps she will remove the tile.

(Strength check if needed: [roll0])

Tusalu
2011-05-01, 07:13 AM
Underneath the tile is a small stone box. It is very well crafted, and decorated with engravings. It does not seem to have a lock.

Zazori
2011-05-01, 09:21 AM
Ayasan, searches the box for traps, taking 20 for a total of 29, if no traps are found she opens it.

hustlertwo
2011-05-01, 01:55 PM
Gunther stands watching the newcomer at work, trying to move as little as possible in order not to set off a rolling boulder or some other deathtrap.

Tusalu
2011-05-02, 11:46 AM
The box contains a pair of identical brass finger rings. They are engraved with a vine-like motif.

Zazori
2011-05-02, 11:57 AM
Ayasan shows the rings to the party members.

CaeruliusVentus
2011-05-02, 12:06 PM
Snide asks to hold the rings and takes time to concentrate on them.

detect magic (I believe my last of the day)

Starbuck_II
2011-05-02, 05:19 PM
They are pretty, the rings are.

hustlertwo
2011-05-02, 09:52 PM
Gunther taps his foot, weary of the tense inaction of the job so far. Unless someone can find something else important about the rings or this room, let's pocket them and go find a campsite for the night. I'm starting to think this is all for nothing, but even if we can't figure out what we're supposed to do at these places, just taking these items ought to prevent anyone else from activating them. Hopefully that's good enough.

BlackAngel
2011-05-03, 11:29 AM
I agree with Gunther.

Says Tarward in a quite annoyed and impatient voice.

CaeruliusVentus
2011-05-03, 11:47 AM
Snide looks up, "Hmm, there doesn't seem to be much more here. Why don't you go ahead and prepare a camping spot. You can work out that itch in your sword chopping wood. We'll catch up soon enough."

hustlertwo
2011-05-03, 11:54 AM
I guess that means someone else is doing the lumberjackin', since I haven't got a sword in my traveling armory.

Mysterious_A
2011-05-03, 01:40 PM
Sooke had simply stood by while the others searched, but Rhaekeezil was already particularly restless by the time a change of scenery was proposed.

"Hmmm, yes, today's search has grown awfully uneventful if you ask me, and I do not wish to prolong it.", he says, "I will go find us a good spot to camp. Hopefully it is infested with wolves..."

Sooke turns to leave the ruin. "Come along, quicklings. Wouldn't want to get lost, would you?"

Tusalu
2011-05-03, 04:17 PM
Snide´s Detect Magic reveals an aura of faint abjuration for each ring.

hustlertwo
2011-05-05, 09:23 AM
Gunther gazes up at the sun overhead. Well, we might have time to reach one more site today. Let's head north-east, and see what we can see.

CaeruliusVentus
2011-05-05, 11:33 AM
Snide jogs up by Gunther as the head out. "Sorry about all the jokes before. I am glad that we have plenty of muscle on this quest. Here, you take one of these rings. I am sure it will be helpful."

Here's hoping the DM likes interesting toys/items.

hustlertwo
2011-05-05, 11:36 AM
Gunther claps Snide on the back as they march forward.

No worries, mate.

He also tucks the ring away in his pocket, unsure of what it does but quite sure whoever they were up against would probably want it.

Tusalu
2011-05-08, 03:51 PM
It is early evening when you arrive at the next designated site. The small flag marks a large building with grey walls. The roof has crumbled, and the walls are in varying states of decay, but with few actual holes. The wall nearest you has a stone double-door that is still more or less intact.

hustlertwo
2011-05-08, 06:08 PM
Anyone want to check the door for traps before I give it the ol' heave-ho?

CaeruliusVentus
2011-05-08, 07:34 PM
"Sure buddy, let me check."
Snide approaches the door and pokes around to find any traps.

[roll0]

BlackAngel
2011-05-09, 01:22 AM
If we're gonna smash that door in, then I have a portable ram if your interested Gunther.

Tarward says.

Tusalu
2011-05-14, 03:17 PM
You find no traps on the door. It is stuck in an odd angle, and you have to force it up. It makes a screeching sound as it slides over the stone floor inside. Walls made of blocks of stone enclose the room inside. What remains of the ceiling lies scattered over the stone tiles of the floor, making it difficult to walk through. There are two doors here, one on the right wall, and one on the left.

hustlertwo
2011-05-14, 11:04 PM
No time to waste with door choosing. Let's go left to start.

BlackAngel
2011-05-15, 01:56 AM
Fine with me. But lets let Snide and Ayasan tjeck for traps first. And while they do, the rest of us can take a closer look at this room.

It comes out in bored monotone voice.

CaeruliusVentus
2011-05-16, 11:15 AM
Snide steps forward at attention with a mocking hand raised in salute, "Sergent Snide of the trap detection squad reporting for duty. I'll have this hall swept in no time at all." Flashing a wide smile to the rest, he begins working on checking for traps in a more serious fashion than his speech would imply.

Zazori
2011-05-16, 02:50 PM
Ayasan follows up and helps Snide search for traps.

Tusalu
2011-05-17, 09:48 AM
You discover no traps, and open the door. This takes you two tries, as it's slightly stuck. The opened door reveals a bare stone room, littered with rubble and debris. There are two doors on the right wall and one in front of you.

BlackAngel
2011-05-19, 04:43 AM
Might as well continue straight for now.

hustlertwo
2011-05-19, 09:56 AM
Sure. But if we come upon any more rooms with more than one door we might have to split up, or we'll be here all night checking the different paths.

Tusalu
2011-05-21, 11:25 AM
As you open the door, you hear the sound of something large snarling in the darkness. Your light illuminates two big, ferocious-looking wolves standing up from a pile of bones and flesh under a large hole in the wall. It is obvious that they are about to attack.

Wolves:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM35_gallery/MM35_PG257.jpg

Roll initiative yourselves, I can't access mythweavers right now.

hustlertwo
2011-05-21, 12:30 PM
I can't either, they seem to be down. I think my Dex mod was 2, though, and I know I had nothing else positive or negative to influence Initiative.

[roll0]

CaeruliusVentus
2011-05-21, 04:06 PM
It's back up.
[roll0]

BlackAngel
2011-05-22, 03:03 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Starbuck_II
2011-05-22, 07:31 PM
[roll0]
Engarde!

Mysterious_A
2011-05-22, 08:10 PM

DM: Back when we started I misinterpreted the effects of one of the feats I took for Sooke. It is the Natural Bond feat, which I mistakenly and very reprehensably took to increase Raekheezil's abilities, when it did not. Many apologies for this, truly, and I will correct Raekheezil's stats as soon as I can. Until then I will not use him in combat, of course. Thanks and again, my apologies.

Zazori
2011-05-23, 12:57 AM

Tusalu
2011-05-23, 09:07 AM
The initiative order is:
Omit - Wolf 1 - Ayasan - Wolf 2 - Traward - Snide - Gunther - Sooke
All right everyone post your intended actions, and I'll resolve the first round in a single post.

CaeruliusVentus
2011-05-23, 09:51 AM
Snide will make sure there is someone between himself and the wolves, moving if necessary and then using the sling to attack whichever wolf is closest.
[roll0]
[roll1]
with +1 atk and damage if within 30 ft.

Zazori
2011-05-23, 10:03 AM
Ayasan will attack the wolf that has not made it's move yet.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Sneak Attack: [roll2]

If this is not possible she will attack the other wolf, but remember to not count sneak attack damage. (:

BlackAngel
2011-05-23, 01:48 PM
Tarward shouts:

At last some Fighting!

While charging the closet wolf if possible, otherwise just attack it.
In any case with full power attack.

Attack roll: [roll0] +2 if charge is possible.

hustlertwo
2011-05-23, 10:05 PM
Another day, another dead wolf.

Gunther moves to attack whatever wolf has the most health when his turn comes round with his spiked chain.

[roll0] [roll1]

Tusalu
2011-05-31, 10:46 AM
All right, I think we have to continue without the actions of Omit and Sooke.

The first wolf charges at Gunther, landing a painful bite and overpowering him, forcing him to the ground.

Gunther takes 5 damage and is tripped.

Ayasan moves past it, to strike at the other one. The blow is deflected by the thick hide of the creature.

The other wolf reacts by biting at Ayasan.

I don't have your character sheet, please post it in OOC.
Anyway:
Attack: 17, if it hits:
Damage: 7, and make a dc 11 STR or DEX check to avoid being tripped.

Traward steps up to the first wolf, swinging his large sword with terrifying power, hitting the wolf and injuring it considerably.

Snide takes one step back and fires his sling at the first wolf but misses.

Gunther is prone and attacking would be more difficult.

I need a new action for Gunther. Standing up will provoke attack of opportunity. Attacking from prone gives a -4 penalty to hit. Crawling away would also provoke attack of opportunity.

Zazori
2011-05-31, 11:48 AM
The wolf thrusts his teeth deep into Ayasans left side dragging her down to the ground.

Ayasan attacks the wolf from her position on the ground.

Attack: [roll0] -4 For being prone.
Damage: [roll1] Slashing.

Natural 1 on attack!!! :D

hustlertwo
2011-05-31, 10:33 PM
The -4 is irrelevant, 18 still ought to hit any wolf. Gunther stands after landing his attack on the wolf who attacked him, but only if it becomes unconscious, otherwise he stays where he is.

Starbuck_II
2011-05-31, 11:41 PM
Omit summons his Greatsword as his action, instantly a sword appears in front of him that he grasps.

CaeruliusVentus
2011-06-01, 10:06 AM
"Round one to the dogs. This may get a bit ruff."

Move to within 30 ft (if not already close enough) and reload. Then let another bullet lose at the closest target.
[roll0]
[roll1]
make that a 13 from the action point.

BlackAngel
2011-06-06, 01:40 PM
5-foot step into any possible flanking position, or closer to one. Still attacking the same wolf with Power Attack 2.

Attack roll: [roll0]

Starbuck_II
2011-06-06, 07:17 PM
Omit charges fiercely at a wolf (PA for 1): this ones for Kord
[roll0]
[roll1]

Starbuck_II
2011-06-06, 07:19 PM
Critical threat!
[roll0]
New damage if confirmed= [roll1]

Mysterious_A
2011-06-12, 10:43 AM
The druid, having just nonchalantly observed thus far, decides to lend a helping hand. Raekheezil slithering gleefully at his shoulder, Sooke approaches Ayasan, kneeling by her.

"Hmmmmm, I imagine you'd want that fixed", he says pointing towards her wound, "Can't imagine why, but it is currently in my interest to keep you alive..."

Sooke closes his eyes for a moment, and extends a hand towards the warrior. Slowly a green glow begins to gather around it, the rasp cold air of a damp cave of the wilderness following...finally he touches her leg and the glow begins to fade away. In a few moments though, the wound starts to close up...

Cure Light Wounds: [roll0]

"There. Better, isn't it? Now get back in there and make them pay. I'll be over here just cheering for you."

Tusalu
2011-06-14, 10:50 AM
After being tripped by the wolf Gunther still manages to land a powerful blow at the wolf, but it survives.

Omit charges the wolf by Gunther, and his strike kills it.

Ayasan frantically tries to fight off the last wolf but her attack only clumsily slashes the air.
The wolf responds by biting Ayasan inflicting critical damage. The injuries cause Ayasan to lose consciousness.

The wolfs makes a critical hit dealing 17 damage.

Traward moves past the corpse of the first wolf, to the left flank of the last wolf. He swings his sword, and wounds the wolf.

Snide fires a bullet which is harmlessly deflected by the creature´s fur.

Gunther stands up and moves to the last wolf.

Sooke move to the now unconscious Ayasan and casts his healing spell. Ayasan regains consciousness.

CaeruliusVentus
2011-06-21, 01:47 PM
Snide keeps an eye out for anything else showing up but otherwise doesn't move except to keep away from the wolves.

BlackAngel
2011-06-22, 11:31 AM
Tarward 5-foot step or tumble into a flanking position with Ayasan, and strikes the wolf with all his might.

Tumble: (if necessary)
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll]2b8+7

BlackAngel
2011-06-22, 11:32 AM
sorry about the dubble, made a mistake when rolling damage.
[roll0]

hustlertwo
2011-06-22, 02:37 PM
Gunther attacks the remaining wolf.

[roll0]

[roll1]

Messed up the damage roll, but a 9 is probably a miss even if there's a flanking bonus so it shouldn't matter.

Mysterious_A
2011-06-22, 04:24 PM
Sooke observes the ensuing action with a slight frown. "Hm. You'll want to keep working on that. I'm assuming two little wolves won't exactly be the end of our opposition."

The druid turns to his viper, "Raekheezil, old friend, why don't you go give our new friends a hand?", and hissing eagerly the snake complies, slithering from his shoulder to the ground and from the ground to the wolf...

Finally Sooke turns his attention back to Ayasan and her wounds. "Hm.. yes, I apologize, my dear. There is little else I can do for you today... tomorrow certainly."

A last time the druid extends his hand, but this time the glow is not nearly as intense (Cure Minor Wounds, 1 HP). Sooke leans slightly on his staff, once more lost in thought.

Raekheezil slithers next to the wolf and attacks.

His attack has Poison, so it's a DC 11 save for primary and secondary 1d6 CON damage.

Sooke casts Cure Minor Wounds on Ayasan (1 HP).

Starbuck_II
2011-06-24, 07:23 PM
If Wolf still alive, Omit charges it (if room).
[roll0]
[roll1]

Tusalu
2011-06-30, 12:27 PM
Omit charges the wolf, but it dodges his attack.

The wolf reacts with an attempt at attacking Omit, but does not hit.

Traward shifts his position, but his attack harmlessly hit the creature´s thick fur.

Gunther attacks the wolf but misses.

Sooke casts his spell on the injured Ayasan, and his snake slithers to the wolf. Its bite connects with the soft skin of the wolf´s belly injecting its venom.

hustlertwo
2011-06-30, 01:06 PM
For next round: Attack!

[roll0] [roll1]

BlackAngel
2011-07-01, 07:07 AM
Taward shouts

DIE YOU GOD DAMN BEAST!! DIE!!

And swings his huge sword again.

Mysterious_A
2011-07-10, 05:25 PM
Sooke stands by, a slight frown on his face. Raekheezil retreats to the druid's shoulder once more, hissing uninterestedly, and they both watch the rest of the battle.

Zazori
2011-07-11, 04:13 AM
Ayasan attacks the wolf again.

I don't know what my penalties are, as I don't know where my character is :S
All I know is that I'm down, so if the wolf above me is dead I would have to stand up instead.

Tusalu
2011-07-11, 06:26 AM
Ayasan attempt to fight off the wolf from the ground, but can't hit it.

The wolf snarls at Traward and bites him, but its teeth doesn't penetrate his armor.

Traward slashes the wolf open, spilling its entrails on the ancient stone floor. With a faint, panicked snarl it collapses on the floor.

200 experience points each

BlackAngel
2011-07-11, 10:13 AM
While cleaning his sword for blood, with a grim amused grin on his face Tarward says:

Now where was we when those two wolfs came out?

And begins to look around for anything interesting.

Mysterious_A
2011-07-11, 05:34 PM
Sooke approaches the dead wolves, leaning over their wounds with a curious gaze. "Hm. Yes. We'll definitely want to keep working on that."

"I suppose there will be plenty of time for improvement, though.", he adds turning with the slightest of grins.

Starbuck_II
2011-07-12, 09:24 PM
Sheesh, well, are we eating them? That worked up a little sweat and I'm hungry.

Omit said with a smile.

hustlertwo
2011-07-14, 02:33 PM
Gunther examines his wound with a grimace.

I'll be looking forward to getting a bit of rest, seeing if this thing knits some while I sleep.

Mysterious_A
2011-07-14, 03:35 PM
"Yes, yes, of course. Traward, search the room and we'll be on our way.", says Sooke nodding towards the area, "Now Snide, you can help me find a good camping spot and set up some tents, yes? Gunther", he continues turning, "I'll want to take a look at those cuts once we settle down. And you, my dear,", he turns to face Ayasan, "can help with the camp's defenses. You and Omit, I'd say, as the capable combatants that you both are."

Raekheezil bobs its head with a hiss, eyeing each person as Sooke addresses them. After the druid is done, he offers Ayasan a hand up and looks at the others. "...what are you all waiting for? I mean now! Get going! We have overlords to kill! Have you ever seen a snake standing around wondering what to do?!"

Survival (for foraging and finding a good camping spot): [roll0]

Heal (to provide care for Gunther): [roll1]

BlackAngel
2011-07-15, 05:02 AM
As Tarward starts searching the room he says:

Sounds like a fine arrangement to me.

The words comes without any hint of emotion, neither in his voice nor on his face.

Search: take 20 = 24

Zazori
2011-07-15, 06:53 AM
As much as I want to defend the camp, I'm hurt badly Ayasan replies.

ooc
Currently having 2 hp.

CaeruliusVentus
2011-07-15, 07:08 AM
Snide slumps against the wall. While everyone was looking around, Snide will keep an eye out for anything showing up an surprising everyone.

hustlertwo
2011-07-15, 09:41 AM
I'll keep an eye out in your stead, Ayasan. It's just a flesh wound I've got, doesn't stop me from killing whatever comes by.

Gunther shucks off his pack and leaves it in the camp, taking his weapons with him to pace around the site, wary of any more wildlife...or something more sinister.

Starbuck_II
2011-07-16, 12:41 PM
Well, I guess a man's jobs never done.

Omit said as he looked around for danger (still almost 2 minutes left for his magic sword).

[roll0]
[roll1]

Tusalu
2011-08-01, 05:21 AM
Searching the room Traward finds nothing extraordinary. The wolves´ den in the corner contains several gnawed bones, but nothing more interesting than that.
You leave the ruins the way you came. Sooke looks around and find a good camping spot under a large tree, with a view of the ruin entrance.
Dusk is approaching.
While the camp is being set up Sooke leaves to find food. He returns with food for himself and three others, mostly berries and mushrooms.

Mysterious_A
2011-08-01, 01:43 PM
After everyone is settled in and doing whatever it is they're doing, Sooke stops by Ayasan's resting place to hand her a vial, containing a blood-red liquid, slightly warm to the touch. Albeit decorated with leaves and roots, any spelunker worth his grappling hook would recognize it instantly as an adventurer's best friend...

"Drink up. And get some rest. Raekheezil was just telling me what high hopes he has for tomorrow... And I have a feeling we'll need everyone at their full strength."

With a complimentary hiss by the snake to each party member, Sooke retires to the least comfortable spot he can find by the tree. The druid sets his staff against the wood and lies down, Raekheezil curling up by his right shoulder just as he manages to fall to sleep...

OOC:

Guessing we're about ready to go to the next day?

Tusalu
2011-08-04, 09:58 AM
You wake up just after sunrise the next morning.

CaeruliusVentus
2011-08-04, 10:43 AM
"Ah sweet blessed sun, how wonderful you make the mornings and bring refreshing return of strength," says Snide as he stretches and yawns. Turning to the rest of the group with a far too cheery disposition for an adventurer, "Shall we forsake the sun again and enter the wolf infested warren?"

hustlertwo
2011-08-04, 11:37 AM
Gunther hoists himself up groggily and prepares his various weapons. Why not? Got to earn our keep somehow.

BlackAngel
2011-08-04, 02:52 PM
After a huge yawn Tarward says "Another day that will most likely involve bloodshed." with a vary tired voice.......
You go on ahead, I wanna sleep some more. And he lays down again, still holding the sword.

Zazori
2011-08-05, 03:00 AM
Ayasan gets up, readies her gear.

OOC: What kind of potion was it I got? d:

Mysterious_A
2011-08-10, 02:31 PM
OOC: Apologies for the delay, I managed to completely miss everyone's posts. :smalltongue: And that was a CLW by the way.

Prepared Spells:

Cure Light Wounds x2
Entangle

Cure Minor Wounds x2
Light
Purify Food and Drink

Last to awake, Sooke takes his staff, helping himself up with it. Raekheezil slithers to his usual shoulder spot, and the druid gives the others a strange gaze. Without a word, though, he drops immediately back down to the ground and begins to stare blankly off into the wind...

Sooke gets up only after many minutes of this. He still seems somewhat distant, though. "You're all up. Good. We should go now, then. The winds appear to favor us, little comfort as that may be on land..."

Tusalu
2011-08-12, 02:27 PM
You enter the ruins again, and walk through to the room where you fought the wolves. You go through the door (I assume). The light of your sunrod reveals another stone room. Bugs crawl on the walls and floor, and there is an unpleasant smell. There are two stone doors - one in front of you, and one to your right.

CaeruliusVentus
2011-08-12, 02:33 PM
Snide investigates if there is a worse smell coming from the right or the left door. "When all else fails, follow your nose."

BlackAngel
2011-08-16, 03:57 PM
Then follow your nose, and we will follow you.

Starbuck_II
2011-08-19, 12:36 AM
Agreed, we will follow your nose.

Tusalu
2011-08-21, 06:54 AM
The smell at the door to the right is quite unpleasant, while the other door only has the same faint smell of decay that fills all of the ruins.

CaeruliusVentus
2011-08-21, 07:47 AM
Almost jumping at the foul smell at the right door, Snide indicates the left door. "We should go that way. This other room smells like it is occupied by the remains of something foul."
Indicating that someone should be ready to enter the room on the left, Snide will pull the left door open.

hustlertwo
2011-08-21, 06:45 PM
Gunther goes in first, trusting his strength and reflexes to deal with whatever occurs.

BlackAngel
2011-08-22, 02:16 AM
Tarward enters afterwards, so that he doesn't trigger any traps.

Starbuck_II
2011-08-24, 01:41 PM
Assuming no traps spung on the people before in front, Omit follows next.

CaeruliusVentus
2011-09-11, 07:28 PM
No traps spring, but you are struck by how untouched the stone is. The path before you is smooth from wear over the years, but the walls are unfinished and coated with moss and fungus. Before you stretches a winding tunnel that generally descends into the earth. There is room enough for two people to walk side by side but without much maneuverability.

hustlertwo
2011-09-11, 07:31 PM
Gunther continues on in front.

Don't anyone get beside me, no sense more than one person takes an axe to the face or whatever nasty surprise might await us.

Mysterious_A
2011-09-11, 07:36 PM
Sooke enters last, peeking over the fighters' shoulders to eye the way ahead.

"Hmmm...", is all he has to say as he slowly follows the rest.

BlackAngel
2011-09-12, 05:33 AM
Tarward walks in right after Gunther, not saying a word, merely looking for danger.

CaeruliusVentus
2011-09-12, 10:27 AM
Gunther leads the group through the winding passage until brought up short by a splash of pale blue light. The opening in the tunnel is a clean puncture in the side of a steep cliff with a matching hole in another cliff 15 ft away. Below you the ground extends into darkness, but the depth may be obscured by general lack of light. Above you is a slice of blue sky wreathed by the rocks, about 200 yards up. Laying across the gap is an old bundle of logs and tree trunks. Despite the years, they do appear sturdy.

hustlertwo
2011-09-12, 03:54 PM
Ah, what the hell, if it doesn't work, I've had a good life. Or at least a long one.

Gunther runs across the logs to test their stability for the others. If they crack and he plummets to his doom, hopefully the others will not cross.

CaeruliusVentus
2011-09-12, 04:22 PM
The bridge holds up with only minor creaking. However, roughly halfway across the bridge, Gunther vanishes. No more foot steps are heard and the bridge responds as if it is no longer under any particular weight.

Gunther only:

You are not dead, but you do crash down in a foot and a half of liquid that is slightly thicker than water. There is no light in the room and every move you make sends sounds of sloshing echoing in a fairly small enclosure.

Mysterious_A
2011-09-12, 04:58 PM
"...well, that went well. Now we need another orc..."

hustlertwo
2011-09-12, 06:00 PM
Oh.....guys, I think I've had it. I can't move, can't breathe...tell my family I auuuggghhhhh

There is only a gurgling rattle, and silence.

Ha, only kidding, I'm fine, if a bit damp. Let me look around down here a second, see what's what.

Gunther uses his darkvision to try and check out his surroundings. If it is magical darkness, he simply feels around for a door or ladder.

CaeruliusVentus
2011-09-12, 06:12 PM
Note: no one by the bridge hears Gunther.

Gunther

Your dark vision shows the room to be a cube approximately 20 on a side. There are markings on the wall but the don't form a particularly clear pattern. The room is indeed filled a dark liquid, but the room doesn't smell like blood. The room does however smell very stale and dank.

hustlertwo
2011-09-12, 10:23 PM
Ventus

Gunther will touch the markings, looking for any sort of hidden trigger. If that fails, he will take twenty on searching the walls for anything of note to help his escape.

CaeruliusVentus
2011-09-13, 07:41 AM
Gunther

The walls are slimy and solid. Touching the walls and patterns produces no effect. As you begin searching the rest of the room, a faint glow or presence grows in the room. By the time you notice it, it is a faintly glowing orb bobbing slightly about 6 ft in the air.

hustlertwo
2011-09-13, 11:46 PM
Gunther, being Gunther, attempts to grab the orb.

C'mere, you.

Starbuck_II
2011-09-14, 01:00 AM
So guys, who wants to cross the log bridge next?Maybe we need someone light so they don't fall. Maybe your snake? If he can't cross no one can.

Omit said grinning, moving close to bridge but not yet crossing.

CaeruliusVentus
2011-09-14, 07:44 AM
Gunther

Gunther passess directly through the orb and splashes into the water. Once surfaced again, he heres a higher pitch almost synthesized voice say, "Well you can see me, but can you hear me?"

OOC:
just making sure my description was clear, Gunther didn't fall. He simply vanished.

hustlertwo
2011-09-14, 10:11 AM
I can. So presumably you can hear me as well. What are you, where am I, and how do I get outta here? Also, hi.

CaeruliusVentus
2011-09-14, 12:53 PM
The orb bobs around a bit and then exclaims "I can do that, but ... uh ... you have to promise to help free me."

hustlertwo
2011-09-14, 07:59 PM
So long as you do the same for me sure.

The barbarian thinks, not his easiest task.

You're not gonna destroy the world or anything if I free you, right? If so, tell me now. I probably won't. For free, at least.

CaeruliusVentus
2011-09-14, 08:12 PM
"Why would an archon want to destroy the world, we are kinda enamored on the whole creating things. Hmmm, on second thought I makey things not breaky things."

The glowing sphere introduces itself as Pip and instructs you to follow it to a wall. Once there it tells you to touch the wall where it passes through it. It passes through the wall and you touch the spot, to know effect. Again it passes through the wall and you touch the spot without any give. The third time, though the place that you touch recedes under your touch and the wall moves back revealing a stair case.

BlackAngel
2011-09-15, 11:24 AM
If no one else is going to i will.
Tarward says, while going across as nimble as possible.

Tumble take 20=25

CaeruliusVentus
2011-09-15, 11:43 AM
Tarward moves nimbly over the logs, ready to dodge past anything that suddenly move. Thus it is that he is hunched over slightly when he to vanishes, at about the same spot Gunther vanished.

Tarward

The sudden teleportation to open air throws you off balance and you splash head first into knee high dark liquid. Righting yourself and wiping the liquid from your eyes, you see the outline of Gunther silhouetted by light coming in through a door.

Gunther

As you are looking at the stairs and the little bit of light coming from them, you are surprised by the sound of something big splashing into the water behind you. Turning around, you see Tarward rising from the liquid and looking around.

The rest:
seconds after Tarward vanishes, you here a splashing sound. Sooke is quite certain that the sound is coming from the tunnel on the other side of the bridge.