PDA

View Full Version : Help me betray my friends

veven
2011-03-12, 03:52 PM
This might be a bit of a text dump

I joined an ongoing campaign about five sessions ago in which i am playing a Strongheart halfling Rogue1/Conjurer5/Spell Warp Sniper1/Unseen Seer3. I joined a pair (halfing druid, human cleric) that were on a mission from farlaughn (sp) to travel to Namfoodle and sell their herbs to the masses along the way (my friends are stoners).
They are wanted by the local empire and they pissed of some Drow a while back.

So far my character really doesn't have much of a back story, he was also traveling to Namfoodle to look for work (freelance thief/occasional dungeoneer for hire) so the party was nice enough to let me travel with them. I was talking to my DM and we both thought it would be cool for my character to have been hired by someone (yet to be determined) to travel with and eventually capture/incapacitate (not kill, he is neutral and he actually likes these guys) the other two. I need ideas for a stealth based wizard to capture these two guys. Banned schools are evocation and necromancy.

I have the feats
Point Blank Shot, Invisible Spell, Scibe Scroll, Darkstalker, Sculpt Spell, Acidic Splatter, Silent Spell, and Metamagic School Focus: Conjuration

I also have the Abrupt Jaunt ACF and the Conceal Spellcasting skill trick.

I've never really done any PVP before so i am looking for any ideas, i have a decent size spell book at the moment and the DM will probably accommodate me finding any others i don't have.
It should be worth noting that neither of them are optimized at all

TL : DR
Halfling conjurer/unseen seer needs ideas for incapacitating the party Druid and Cleric

only1doug
2011-03-12, 04:05 PM
wait until they leave you on watch and then use a sap to keep them unconcious until you have them hogtied. win.

Shadowleaf
2011-03-12, 04:09 PM
wait until they leave you on watch and then use a sap to keep them unconcious until you have them hogtied. win.
This. You can even tie yourself up, and keep your cover intact! :smallbiggrin:

Otherworld Odd
2011-03-12, 04:12 PM
Lol, Namfoodle.

Anyways, I agree. Wait until they're sleeping and set up what you're going to do with the DM before hand so you don't have to say anything. Then sap them and tie yourself up too if you care about your cover.

veven
2011-03-12, 04:47 PM
Hmm. I like it! One thing...with my piddly strength score getting their non-lethal damage up would take forever. Even with Hunter's eye my average damage with a sap would be about 18.

Is a non-lethal Coup de grace possible? Would the fortitude save be to avoid unconsciousness? If so how long would they be unconscious?

Couldn't the druid just wildshape into a bird or something and be free of the ropes?

Also, wouldn't they wake up after being hit on the head once?

I just wanna have all bases covered.

Edit: Namfoodle is the capital of the Gnomish lands....weird little guys..:smallsmile: