PDA

View Full Version : Next Call of Duty game

Traab
2011-03-13, 01:32 AM
Any guesses on what sort of setting we will see? Another random modern warfare type of setting? Perhaps we can see something other than ww2? Dont get me wrong, its always fun to shoot nazis and other axis members, but after the 5th version of it, id like to see something new. Black Ops was awesome since we got to run missions in cuba, and veitnam for a change. I wouldnt object to perhaps running a what if campaign of the veitnam war.

Moff Chumley
2011-03-13, 02:45 AM
I still think that the Commies are the one enemy that never gets old. Bad Company got this right. :smalltongue:

Otogi
2011-03-13, 03:30 AM
I'm guessing there will probably be a mission in Hong Kong (that will be awesome). That said, I wouldn't mind seeing "Call of Duty: Crazy Future Wars"

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-03-13, 01:32 PM
Although I've never been a huge fan of FPS games (I find them stressful), I would probably buy a CoD game that takes place in the distant future. Kinda like BF2142, but with a REALLY high tech level.

Traab
2011-03-13, 01:32 PM
I'm guessing there will probably be a mission in Hong Kong (that will be awesome). That said, I wouldn't mind seeing "Call of Duty: Crazy Future Wars"

Captain Price "Dingleberry! Get to the plasma rifle lockers! The Xed Setas from Galaxy Omicron are breaking into the station!"

An Enemy Spy
2011-03-13, 01:33 PM
It'll probably be Modern Warfare 3. The story still needs to be resolved. Invasion of Russia, anyone?

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-03-13, 01:35 PM
They churn out CoD games way too fast. We get a couple every three years now.

Traab
2011-03-13, 01:37 PM
It'll probably be Modern Warfare 3. The story still needs to be resolved. Invasion of Russia, anyone?

Could be interesting, At some point your character runs into price and soap working on getting their own revenge. :p

SurlySeraph
2011-03-13, 05:10 PM
Yeah, it's probably going to be Modern Warfare 3. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Soap appears to die but doesn't, then you play a mission as Price and die just as it turns out Soap isn't dead.

Captain Price "Dingleberry! Get to the plasma rifle lockers! The Xed Setas from Galaxy Omicron are breaking into the station!"

Ramirez! Take out that Hypercarrier with your chainsaw bayonet!

Traab
2011-03-13, 06:39 PM
Yeah, it's probably going to be Modern Warfare 3. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Soap appears to die but doesn't, then you play a mission as Price and die just as it turns out Soap isn't dead.

Heh, I figured, every non price character you play as apparently needs an odd nickname. Soap, Roach, DINGLEBERRY! Its a natural progression. lol

Otogi
2011-03-14, 08:21 AM

Call of the Emperor: Exterminatus

littlebottom
2011-03-14, 08:56 AM
ive been playing the Crysis 2 multiplayer demo. looks like a mildly futuristic CoD with some real nifty features.:smalltongue:

warty goblin
2011-03-14, 09:14 AM
ive been playing the Crysis 2 multiplayer demo. looks like a mildly futuristic CoD with some real nifty features.:smalltongue:

I really hope the singleplayer does not resemble Call of Duty in any way beyond involving men with guns. Crysis the first (half) was brilliant for the vast amount of agency it gave players in going about their objectives. I'd be much less interested in a Call of Duty esque corridor where the player is, at this point, more or less an afterthought.

Although it would save me $50, so there is an upside.

Cespenar
2011-03-14, 09:16 AM
Wasn't the next game already been decided to be Modern Warfare 3, featuring Ghost as the main character?

Traab
2011-03-14, 10:12 AM
Wasn't the next game already been decided to be Modern Warfare 3, featuring Ghost as the main character?

Wasnt ghost shot in the head and set on fire?

Somebloke
2011-03-14, 10:29 AM
I will be happy to play Call of Carebears if it means having the co-op 'campaigns' that were in COD: MW2. My girlfriend and I spent many, many entirely unproductive hours shooting bad guys, blaming one another for sloppy sniping work and (poorly) co-ordinating gunship support.

Imagine our dissapointment when we had a measly zombie shootout for BO.

Seriously- we wouldn't even need a campaign mission. Screw Russia.

littlebottom
2011-03-14, 11:54 AM
I really hope the singleplayer does not resemble Call of Duty in any way beyond involving men with guns. Crysis the first (half) was brilliant for the vast amount of agency it gave players in going about their objectives. I'd be much less interested in a Call of Duty esque corridor where the player is, at this point, more or less an afterthought.

Although it would save me $50, so there is an upside.

well to be honest, what ive played is a FPS online multiplayer... any given FPS online is vastly simmilar. so you cant pin the single player down to the multiplayer experience

Cespenar
2011-03-14, 02:42 PM

His earlier days, then?

Lord Loss
2011-03-14, 03:26 PM
odds are? Modern Warfare 3. I've heard stuff about World at War 2 Coming out afterwards, though, which makes me happy, because WWII is one of my favorite wars, Reznov is made of awesome and so are zombies :smallbiggrin:.

Shas aia Toriia
2011-03-14, 09:19 PM
I thought Activision didn't have the rights to make MW3? Isn't that still with the two guys who left Infinity Ward?
Also, the next game apparently has 3 or 4 studios working on it, so expectations are low

ScottishDragon
2011-03-14, 09:29 PM
Didn't you see? He ran into water and waited 5 seconds to completely heal himself from a headshot and all the 3rd degree burns.:smalltongue:

Mr._Blinky
2011-03-14, 11:50 PM
Call of Duty and Modern Warfare are now officially different franchises, and have been since MW2 came out. Modern Warfare 2 wasn't actually a Call of Duty game, it just worked under the same engine that Activision had made for MW1, while CoD5 and CoDBO were made by Treyarch, the same people who made CoD3.

Basically, Treyarch is now making Call of Duty, while Activision (the original company to make Call of Duty) is making Modern Warfare. Both franchises obviously still use the same engine though.

Klose_the_Sith
2011-03-15, 01:11 AM
I vote for Call of Duty: British Empire

Action could rotate between fierce ship boardings as a Royal Marine and Skirmishing/Rifleman duties as a Greenjacket. Only real problem is that due to numbers you'd be nearly as irrelevant as you are in Black Ops :smalltongue:

Storm Bringer
2011-03-15, 01:03 PM
Call of the Emperor: Exterminatus

Brother Captian Price: "Brother Soap! get on the heavy bolter and take down that Hive Tyrant while i figure out a way to kill that Chaos titan!"

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-03-15, 02:18 PM
I vote for Call of Duty: British Empire

Action could rotate between fierce ship boardings as a Royal Marine and Skirmishing/Rifleman duties as a Greenjacket skirmisher. Only real problem is that due to numbers you'd be nearly as irrelevant as you are in Black Ops :smalltongue:

Actually, that sounds pretty cool. I think that would be as good as a futuristic CoD game.

warty goblin
2011-03-15, 10:55 PM
Call of Duty and Modern Warfare are now officially different franchises, and have been since MW2 came out. Modern Warfare 2 wasn't actually a Call of Duty game, it just worked under the same engine that Activision had made for MW1, while CoD5 and CoDBO were made by Treyarch, the same people who made CoD3.

Basically, Treyarch is now making Call of Duty, while Activision (the original company to make Call of Duty) is making Modern Warfare. Both franchises obviously still use the same engine though.

This is not correct. For a while they were simply going to release Modern Warfare 2 as, well, Modern Warfare 2. Sometime before release however they re-re-branded it as Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. This is, I think, shown by what it says on the box (http://www.gamespot.com/pages/image_viewer/boxshot.php?pid=951944).

Nor did Activision make either of the Modern Warfare games. Activision funded, marketed and published them, but development was done by Infinity Ward. Now IW is, insofar as I know, pretty much completely owned by Activision, but not really any more than Treyarch seems to be.

Mr._Blinky
2011-03-16, 02:33 AM
This is not correct. For a while they were simply going to release Modern Warfare 2 as, well, Modern Warfare 2. Sometime before release however they re-re-branded it as Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. This is, I think, shown by what it says on the box (http://www.gamespot.com/pages/image_viewer/boxshot.php?pid=951944).

Nor did Activision make either of the Modern Warfare games. Activision funded, marketed and published them, but development was done by Infinity Ward. Now IW is, insofar as I know, pretty much completely owned by Activision, but not really any more than Treyarch seems to be.

Sorry, yeah, I meant Infinity Ward. My brain did a thing.:smallyuk:

But last time I checked they were just marketing it under Modern Warfare. I could be totally wrong, but last time I checked they'd pretty much given up on Call of Duty itself.

SilverSheriff
2011-03-16, 03:54 AM
Hopefully something without Russian, Chinese or Korean Communists/German Fascists/Arabian Terrorists.

How about we get some American bad guys sometime?

KuReshtin
2011-03-16, 04:52 AM
Hopefully something without Russian, Chinese or Korean Communists/German Fascists/Arabian Terrorists.

Or Canadians. :smallwink:

SilverSheriff
2011-03-16, 04:58 AM
Or Canadians. :smallwink:

naawwwwwww Canadians are cool. They're like Australians, but not Australian. :smalltongue:

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-03-16, 05:22 PM
naawwwwwww Canadians are cool. They're like Australians, but not Australian. :smalltongue:

Yah. Us Canadians are as cool as the British (who are kinda our parents/idols).

SurlySeraph
2011-03-16, 07:52 PM

We had them, General Shepherd and Shadow Company. The plot starts with forrin terrists whose activities the shadowy American cabal uses to justify its kinda patriotic but extremely collateral-damage-filled plan, which is discovered when they try to frame and/or kill the protagonists. It's a pretty standard plot.

Shas aia Toriia
2011-03-16, 08:11 PM
Yah. Us Canadians are as cool as the British (who are kinda our parents/idols).

Idols? They wish.

FoeHammer
2011-03-16, 08:54 PM
I'm still waiting on my WWI shooter. Except I want it to take place in the painting that Blackadder drew. The one with the war elephants.:smallbiggrin:

Klose_the_Sith
2011-03-17, 12:19 AM
I'm still waiting on my WWI shooter. Except I want it to take place in the painting that Blackadder drew. The one with the war elephants.:smallbiggrin:

Make it about the war of Paul Emil Von Lettow Vorbeck in Africa >.>

warty goblin
2011-03-17, 09:00 AM

For World War I insanity - or really insanity of any vintage - Necrovision cannot be beaten, although it's more of a beat 'em up with guns than a shooter. You can, among other things, throw bayonets into zombies, duel wield heavy machine guns, decapitate dudes with a shovel, light them on fire with a gas lamp, kick them in the face, get a burst of bullet time for stabbing them twice in close succession with your fixed bayonet and generally beat the crap out of everything you can see. That's before things get seriously crazy. The levels are horribly designed, the difficulty curve is beyond uneven, the graphics are not what I'd call good, but it is a hell of a lot of fun, and did the FPS combo thing long before Bulletstorm.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-03-17, 07:22 PM
Idols? They wish.

Well, most of my Canadian family's idols.

Shas aia Toriia
2011-03-17, 08:25 PM
Well, most of my Canadian family's idols.

I would tell your Canadian family then that its not the 18th century anymore. :smalltongue:

Klose_the_Sith
2011-03-17, 08:55 PM
I would tell your Canadian family then that its not the 18th century anymore. :smalltongue:

The British do technically still own most of the Commonwealth countries ...

... for the sun never sets on their empire :smallcool:

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-03-17, 09:14 PM
The British do technically still own most of the Commonwealth countries ...

... for the sun never sets on their empire :smallcool:

I don't think so. We're linked to them, but they have no power over us at all anymore. We're all equals in the Commonwealth, and other than cultural links, that's it. Oh, and the whole Queen thing, but nobody pays attention to that, really.

Klose_the_Sith
2011-03-17, 11:07 PM
I don't think so. We're linked to them, but they have no power over us at all anymore. We're all equals in the Commonwealth, and other than cultural links, that's it. Oh, and the whole Queen thing, but nobody pays attention to that, really.

Well, the Queen thing is exactly what I was referring to :smalltongue:

I'm well aware that all us ex-colonies operate independently, but we TECHNICALLY still belong to mother England, in a way.

Also, there's always the Governor General.

Shas aia Toriia
2011-03-18, 07:45 AM
Yeah, the Queen, though TECHNICALLY the head of state, actually has a grand total of zero power over the country.
Quite frankly, I'm surprised we still haven't passed a law kicking her out yet.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-03-18, 10:04 AM
The Queen has no power over us as Queen of England. She has power over us (but not really) as Head of the Commonwealth, and Queen of Canada. Difference.

And it's true, Shas. I was reading somewhere that they were probably going to hold a plebiscite on the subject when ERII dies, but we're getting a leeetle off topic and political here, methinks.