PDA

View Full Version : Incantrix at level 3, and other cheese questions

Eronai_Jantig
2011-03-13, 02:44 AM
Basically I'm about to be entering a very cutthroat game where I start at level 5. I don't know anything about my party, and I'm fearful of a backstab. This leads me to want to persist every useful buff on myself from the get-go, did I mention I don't want to reveal my higher than normal magic from them until I have to?

So I'm asking for any way to get by skill rank requirements for PRC's (Incantrix specifically). I've Dark Chaos shuffled all of my elven feats (And scribe scroll) away, manged to wrangle an extra feat beyond that, and have the venerable stat bonus' with no penalties. Also I'll have at least 1 level in Metaphysical Spell shaper.

In addition, any ideas on how to get Divine Power and Rightous Fury on my spell list as a Wizard?

Thanks for reading, appreciate any help. I'll also consider other suggestions if you think there's a better way to do this (Besides DMM Cleric, unless you have a way to get all of a wizards spell list on him. Or if you make a really compelling argument, I'd still like to see if this was possible though.)

Erith
2011-03-13, 03:21 AM
Other than a reminder about the Otyugh Hole, which is a magical location that costs 3000gp and gives you iron will, I don't have a lot of ideas for incantatrix.

Depending on how cheesy you want to get, there's spell dancer from magic of faerun, although it is 3.0. It requires concentration 4, perform dance 6, tumble 4, combat casting, dodge, endurance, mobility, and 3rd level spells. It first level ability lets you dance for the metamagic's level adjustment in rounds, make a dc 10+total adjusted spell level perform dance check, and then applies the feat without raising the spell level. You can only spelldance for a limited number of rounds per day without taking penalties, but being a construct or an undead lets you ignore the cap.

Divine power is in the war domain, so you could possible do domain wizard. No sure about righteous fury. I doubt you would want to go this route, but rainbow servant gives all cleric spells at level 10.

Eronai_Jantig
2011-03-13, 04:13 AM
I'd rather not go spelldancer, I do have the otygyu hole already. I'm thinking of switching base classes To archivist to sold some of my problems, it produces a little MAD but I can deal with that. And my fm approved divine incantrix. So I just need to bypass the skill ranks.

Boci
2011-03-13, 04:35 AM
In addition, any ideas on how to get Divine Power and Rightous Fury on my spell list as a Wizard?

Arcane disciple will give you all the spells in a single domain provided you have the neccissary wisdom.

Heliomance
2011-03-13, 04:43 AM
He's done the DCFS, I don't think cheese is an issue here.

Ernir
2011-03-13, 08:05 AM
Check out PlzBreakMyCampaign's Early Entry Handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=7061.15).

Tyndmyr
2011-03-13, 10:51 AM
I'd rather not go spelldancer, I do have the otygyu hole already. I'm thinking of switching base classes To archivist to sold some of my problems, it produces a little MAD but I can deal with that. And my fm approved divine incantrix. So I just need to bypass the skill ranks.

Clearly, you must have a fair amount of starting wealth for level 5 to afford that many chaos shuffles and Otoyugh Hole. What's available?

The standard dusk giant trick is probably the easiest, if permitted.

I suppose you could also use feats from the chaos shuffle to sorta bypass skill limitations via the cityscape feat. That's one feat per rank per skill bypassed, though. Not cheap at all.

Eronai_Jantig
2011-03-13, 11:26 AM
Clearly, you must have a fair amount of starting wealth for level 5 to afford that many chaos shuffles and Otoyugh Hole. What's available?

The standard dusk giant trick is probably the easiest, if permitted.

I suppose you could also use feats from the chaos shuffle to sorta bypass skill limitations via the cityscape feat. That's one feat per rank per skill bypassed, though. Not cheap at all.

Pretty much anything is available, and I think I will probably go with dusk Giant.

How did I get all of that? Blamed it all on my ex evil master. Explained that he was basically just experimenting on me, to make a worthy evil apprentice. One of his experiments backfired on him and left me even better.

Any suggestions for spells?

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2011-03-13, 05:56 PM
:)

I have monster persist lists but they intimidate everyone trying to compile it. Here (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=7547.0) is a link tha

Eronai_Jantig
2011-03-13, 06:47 PM
:)

I have monster persist lists but they intimidate everyone trying to compile it. Here (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=7547.0) is a link tha

That's a really great list of divine only spells, now I just need a similar list for divine arcane spells :P