PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Help! Themed Weapon Buffer

Alcopop
2011-03-13, 08:54 AM
Hello playground, :)

At the moment I am essentially trying to build a character based around the idea of spending my rounds in combat enchanting allies weaponry with various damaging effects.

I was hoping to achieve this by using some combination of Smiting Spell (PHBII), Arcane Thesis (PHB II), Energy Substitution (CArc) and Combust (SPC) (as well as other touch spells)

This would essentially allow me to place powerful elemental spells into an allies weapon (which is cool). The down side here that in combat, unless specific circumstances arise, there is little reason to bother to delivering touch attacks this way, you may as well touch an enemy directly and use that +1 meta-magic for something else.

I am wondering if there are any useful shenanigans that could help make Smiting Spell a more viable and less circumstantial option in combat.

Failing that is there some other way of realizing this theme of weapon enchantment altogether? (apart from the obvious artificer or dragon-fire bard builds)

Any thoughts?

tuesdayscoming
2011-03-13, 03:14 PM
Dvati Fiend of Possession? Enchant two allies' weapons with whatever the heck you want, and still have your own actions for whatever else the moment demands.