PDA

View Full Version : [3.5/Eberron] Revenant Blade and Sublime Way rangers.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-03-13, 01:00 PM
I have a new player who wants to play a Valenar elf character, since I am running a ToB-heavy game, I suggested him to check the Sublime Way Ranger (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19519074/Sublime_Way_Variant_Ranger); after a bit of immersing in the Valenar elf lore, he was quite interested in the fluff of the Reveant blade; and I suggested he should take Revant blade levels.

As I didn't remember all the abilities of the class I had to re-check and well the ability called Ranger Class features, which states Revenant Blade levels stack rangers level for the purposes of animal companion abilities and CL for ranger spells.

Since I am running what I call a "hard mode game", I was considering letting it advance IL and giving it a slight maneuver progression... perhaps 2 maneuvers known, 2 readied and 1 stance known from Tiger claw Devoted spirit and Diamond mind. Across the five levels of the prestige class.

What do you think about it?

Urpriest
2011-03-13, 01:24 PM
Revenant Blade is quite a powerful PrC as-is. I would let it stack for IL, but not give it a maneuver progression, and that's at most.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-03-13, 01:33 PM
hmmmm yeah, probably I went overboard with it.

Greenish
2011-03-13, 01:35 PM
Yeah, full IL should be a boon enough. If you feel like giving more, you could slap Martial Training on the floating feat list.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-03-13, 01:36 PM
Hey that is quite a good idea.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-03-13, 02:09 PM
I'd honestly give him the extra maneuvers, as that's the big thing his class gives him currently. Nobody likes sacrificing their coolest trick. A delayed maneuver granting thins (2 maneuvers and a stance over 5 levels, or something along those lines) is more than penalty enough.

Hazzardevil
2011-04-02, 04:30 PM
I'd say give him a tiger claw of iron heart stance at level 4, you don't get a very useful class feature there so you might as well help him. Oh and replace ranger casting stacking with initiater.