PDA

View Full Version : [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 15: Eye of the Tiger... Hollow

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

riccaru
2011-04-07, 03:46 PM
It is, actually. For instance, would you have joined BiTP if your character was going to be ignored for most of the game?

Of course not. Which is one of the main problems with BiTP. We have multiple plots running, and some characters are integral to several at once.

For instance, currently, in SS, we have:

Karite's Hollowification (Nearly wrapped up, Kayne is busy.)

The Maggot's Nest (Don't know where this one is.)

That chick that Frozen's playing being captured by Ryouichi or something

Shiro's character in Akio's mansion

Akio's court martial

Most of these require the same people to operate in multiple places. Which makes it ludicrously hard to run.

And then we have Mortal World. That's just confusing in general.

We're in the past (3 days back.)

We're in the present.

We're way back in the past (5 days back, Ep6.)

We're in the future (2 days forward.)

It boggles the mind how we ever got anything done.

Also, Hiro? I have no idea what you're writing. Honestly. Are you translating from another language or something? Because I'm having a really hard time reading most of your text. :smallconfused:

Well the Hollowfication is almost done, like you said. Maggots nest is really just simple "get these people" besides Hannibal and Takaheshi, which could be handwaved at this point that Hannibal leaves in a short while, and Takaheshi has to be found because he was defeated and knocked out. Then the fight could happen in a sort of flashback, or just be avoided.

I think Ryouchi just left, and the older lady was just a way to show that without a doubt, the seretei isn't as good as it could be. Akio's court martial can wait as long as needed, and I'm playing (most) of the people who will be involved with the Shiro plot, unless someone wants to volunteer. Shiro may need to see Ryouchi or something in order to get him approved for Shinigami training, or someone way have to come talk to him about his powers. I think that the Lt. of 10th (after we figure out who exactly that will be) would be a good choice for the sole purpose of knocking some sense into Shiro that things are dangerous and if he acts out, the Lt. may just be visiting him again.

HirokatsuGoto
2011-04-07, 03:50 PM
true, and i agree entirely, though we should have enough players and little plots where you can get to do both.

i quite enjoy being a minor character sometimes, but if i am always minor and never get a chance to be in the limelight then it gets old really quick..and it feels like you are just serving other people's desires

it's gotta be a give and take i think

i mean...if you want to play a Captain, then you are going to have to accept that you are going to be doing a lot of RP for your 10th Division members that doesnt necessarily push all your own characters plots forward...however, playing a captain must also mean that you are interested in actively BEING a leader of other people so helping them should probably be a part of your own desires OOC for your own RP goals... when a big throwdown happens you get to say the word "Bankai" and do fancy things while others have to watch and support you.

like Spiderman's pop said "..with great power comes great responsibility" no?

If you just want to say "Bankai" and not have to RP leading your division, then that kind isnt fair IMO

------

Also, if anyone has a problem with comprehending my posts, please PM me and i will clarify

I think people also have to realize that in a game like this, you sometimes have to be willing to sacrifice a lot of what you want. But I don't know whether that's here or there.

riccaru
2011-04-07, 03:54 PM
Nakahiro is planning to contact everyone he knows with spiritual powers who wasn't present at the meeting after this to tell them about the group, unless someone else gets to them first.

Would he know that Yoko (the bount in their class) has powers? If she get's contacted she has a nice pet to help with training, since Grobe's power set is pretty close to a hollow's. The whole "Big and strong" thing, anyway.

Dorizzit
2011-04-07, 04:05 PM
He has suspicions, but since he hasn't encountered any other Bount, he isn't sure quite what to make of her. He won't contact her unless he can get more information somehow.

Terry576
2011-04-07, 04:28 PM
He has suspicions, but since he hasn't encountered any other Bount, he isn't sure quite what to make of her. He won't contact her unless he can get more information somehow.

Sora knows she's spiritual. She told him in a vague way at the beginning of the RP.

And Sora hangs out with Silva a lot, thanks to Yui's ridiculous antics.

tgva8889
2011-04-07, 05:00 PM
It is, actually. For instance, would you have joined BiTP if your character was going to be ignored for most of the game?

Of course not. Which is one of the main problems with BiTP. We have multiple plots running, and some characters are integral to several at once.

These are different than what you said. Being "a main character" is not the same as being "involved". Yes, we do have to get people more involved. But making everyone have some "main character status" is bad.

Though yes, we should try to separate plots so that someone doesn't have to be somewhere all at once. That's where I ran into some issues.

riccaru
2011-04-07, 06:01 PM
Sora knows she's spiritual. She told him in a vague way at the beginning of the RP.

And Sora hangs out with Silva a lot, thanks to Yui's ridiculous antics.

It's like Blind Date mixed with Survivor! See, even super powered humans and monsters can be related to T.V. Just proves that anything can be likened to cheesy reality shows.

Viera Champion
2011-04-07, 06:11 PM
Shiro's character in Akio's mansion

Speaking of which...

KnightDisciple
2011-04-07, 08:07 PM
Okay, so 2 questions.

1.)Does anyone need one of my characters anywhere?

2.)Are all the MW kids okay with making kidnapping a couple days later? If so, can we assume that the day after the poolside meeting, they're busy either training, thinking, or (in Nakahiro's case) making some calls? In other words, could we skip over the day itself? I have some plans for that day, but they require Kaito to already be out of school for the day.

Kuroimaken
2011-04-07, 09:42 PM
Okay... I think what we need here is a cat-o'-nine-tails style plot.

It basically goes like this: we have a series of events taking place that could happen to anyone, anytime. Say, for example, that strange creatures start popping up - they don't seem like run-of-the-mill Hollows, or perhaps anything like Hollows at all. Maybe people start getting sick one after the other, or a number of characters are confined to a limited space with zombie-like creatures (minus the infection issue).

In any case, we have a series of events going on that aren't happening exclusively by fault of a single character, and feels more like an ambiental disaster. This allows us to create a semi-loose arc where anyone can take over for NPCs if necessary (the survival horror scenario looks specially good for this).

We will, however, need to coordinate said scenarios in advance so they follow a more or less specified route. Some railroading will be necessary in that case. Overall, we can probably go about things quicker if we stablish mini-plots involving a limited number of players until we can get some more people around. I'd use the whole Pico training episode as an example: the only two people interacting there are Inyu and myself, and we're making good progress, without either Rouga or Pico being tossed to the sidelines.

riccaru
2011-04-07, 10:12 PM

It basically goes like this: we have a series of events taking place that could happen to anyone, anytime. Say, for example, that strange creatures start popping up - they don't seem like run-of-the-mill Hollows, or perhaps anything like Hollows at all. Maybe people start getting sick one after the other, or a number of characters are confined to a limited space with zombie-like creatures (minus the infection issue).

In any case, we have a series of events going on that aren't happening exclusively by fault of a single character, and feels more like an ambiental disaster. This allows us to create a semi-loose arc where anyone can take over for NPCs if necessary (the survival horror scenario looks specially good for this).

We will, however, need to coordinate said scenarios in advance so they follow a more or less specified route. Some railroading will be necessary in that case. Overall, we can probably go about things quicker if we stablish mini-plots involving a limited number of players until we can get some more people around. I'd use the whole Pico training episode as an example: the only two people interacting there are Inyu and myself, and we're making good progress, without either Rouga or Pico being tossed to the sidelines.

Survival Horror isn't quite as horrifying when half he people can throw a car at the zombies :smalltongue:. Would we make an entirely new opponent style for this? It sounds interesting.

KnightDisciple
2011-04-07, 10:15 PM

We will, however, need to coordinate said scenarios in advance so they follow a more or less specified route. Some railroading will be necessary in that case. Overall, we can probably go about things quicker if we stablish mini-plots involving a limited number of players until we can get some more people around. I'd use the whole Pico training episode as an example: the only two people interacting there are Inyu and myself, and we're making good progress, without either Rouga or Pico being tossed to the sidelines.Count me as interested.

Terry576
2011-04-07, 10:27 PM

I'm expressing much interest. This sounds fun. :smallsmile:

InyutheBeatIs
2011-04-07, 10:29 PM
@Kuroimaken: Hm, this has potential. I like it.

Kasanip
2011-04-07, 10:45 PM
Okay, so 2 questions.

2.)Are all the MW kids okay with making kidnapping a couple days later? If so, can we assume that the day after the poolside meeting, they're busy either training, thinking, or (in Nakahiro's case) making some calls? In other words, could we skip over the day itself? I have some plans for that day, but they require Kaito to already be out of school for the day.

I don't think it is a problem. I will cancel action of Kazari.:smallsmile:

About Kuroimaken's plot:
Already like such a thing I tried and failed 2 times. Opening school plot and Sayaka become attacked plot. But maybe it can work if not relying on one player.

Dorizzit
2011-04-07, 11:10 PM

Intriguing...if it works.

Okay, so 2 questions.

What about the plans for the group meeting again? I don't have any real objection, I just want to make sure everything stays consistent.

Kuroimaken
2011-04-08, 01:14 AM
See, you just mention zombies and people get interested. :smallbiggrin:

I don't think it is a problem. I will cancel action of Kazari.:smallsmile:

About Kuroimaken's plot:
Already like such a thing I tried and failed 2 times. Opening school plot and Sayaka become attacked plot. But maybe it can work if not relying on one player.

Actually, I'd say that was a relative success. At least with the Sayaka attack mini-plot. Everything that was meant to happen, did, and in fact it suffered almost negligible delay.

Of course, there's a lot of things we need to work out (ultimately, the problem itself will need to go away somehow, unless we want to tie it with some other plot - maybe someone from the Samsara decides to raise some ruckus and sends zombie Blanks to attack the city, or somesuch. This would make the problem big and manageable without the necessity of a villain being directly involved).

Frozen_Feet
2011-04-08, 01:33 AM
If we're going by canon seretei laws Akio hasn't actually broken any. Canon Laws (http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Central_46)

Aaargh! Didn't I say it already? I have a specific vision of what Akio is actually guilty of. It'll all be settled in a hearing once Sayuri has filled Ryouichi in of a few things. Any talk about it beforehand is ruining my fun! :smalltongue:

Hannibal is a huge exception to the rule; he's probably more powerful than several in-game Captains and Espada. Heck, Maggot's Nest probably wasn't even suited to holding Hannibal.

While Hannibal being powerful is true, I still think Maggot's Nest was more than suited to keeping him in. Afterall, it did so for two centuries. If it hadn't been broken, he would've never gotten out even of his cell without someone letting him.

On the other hand, it is evil.
No worries, so is Yui.

---

Overall, talk about recruiting and so on has left me a little pensive. One thing I feel like saying at this point: while we advertised and thought about a big, overarching plot at the start, we don't really have one right now. I'm involved in a half dozen little plots, but many of them won't involve more people than those already in the know.

I'll leave Michiko plot to Callos and SoG to advance, so no more about that.

However, after that we only have one "major" arch planned - the Samsara. The setup has largely been done, so it's ready in the queue, needing just a trigger to set it off, but... there isn't much to tie it to the bigger picture. (Hopefully that will remedy itself.)

There's Kuroimaken's Wall plot that holds potential, but I'm not sure how many of you even remember that one anymore.

So, at this point it really comes down to people building their own, little plots. This'll likely lead to the game becoming even looser, and some groups of characters might become more, not less isolated as a result. Which is why it's fundamental that those groups find something to do within themselves.

I support the cat'o'nine-tails plot, if only because it's a plot. But this game as a whole needs less waiting and more doing on everyone's part. We actually have a lot of players, and a lot of characters when you think of it. There's a lot to build upon. But it needs work and workers to become anything.

tgva8889
2011-04-08, 02:02 AM
While Hannibal being powerful is true, I still think Maggot's Nest was more than suited to keeping him in. Afterall, it did so for two centuries. If it hadn't been broken, he would've never gotten out even of his cell without someone letting him.

It was less Maggot's Nest and more Taiki's insanity that was suited to keeping Hannibal in check. Minus Taiki's insanity, Hannibal probably could have escaped much earlier.

Edit: Idea for plots: When you come up with an idea, suggest it in here, then ask for 2-3 other people to help you develop it and flesh out the ideas, create/play the main characters, and overall ensure that it goes forward. And everyone else doesn't do anything. Once the plot is fleshed out properly, the group of people presents a proposal for the plot. We need to have plots that are more focused than just "Let's do this!" and we need to have plots focused and run by fewer people. We've tried big plots with tons of people involved in their construction and they don't work as well, I don't think. But I think, for example, the invasion would have worked fine had I not died and fallen off a cliff. It was more a smaller group of people organizing everything and then presenting it to the people who would be involved.

I dunno whether my plan is right, it itself probably needs some editing. But we need a process that gets major plots created.

KnightDisciple
2011-04-08, 06:11 AM
Kasanip: Why do you need to cancel Kazari's actions? :smallconfused:

What about the plans for the group meeting again? I don't have any real objection, I just want to make sure everything stays consistent.Um. When was the group meeting? Maybe just do it like this:
Day 1: Pool Meeting
Day 2: Stuff
Day 3: This group meeting
Day 4: Kina-napping

Unless you think we could combine 3 and 4; they all meet up...except Kina. Thus we realize something's wrong. Or some such as that.

Kasanip
2011-04-08, 07:04 AM

Kazari was to be with Chiyoko and become kidnapped after school. But day of kidnap is changed now.

KnightDisciple
2011-04-08, 07:12 AM
Kazari was to be with Chiyoko and become kidnapped after school. But day of kidnap is changed now.1.)Oh, forgot we were adding more kidnap victims. I thought it was just Kina still? Some input from the kidnappers would help here.

2.)I was kind of asking rather than telling about the timeline. I'm starting to assume it only because no one had objected.

3.)Even in the "quickest" timeline, I don't think people were going to get kidnapped the same day we had the pool meeting. Notice that Michiko is having Yuudai follow Kina home (Psst: Shades. You should post for Yuudai). She's got to find out where Kina lives, after all.

Dorizzit
2011-04-08, 08:50 AM

Um. When was the group meeting? Maybe just do it like this:
Day 1: Pool Meeting
Day 2: Stuff
Day 3: This group meeting
Day 4: Kina-napping

Unless you think we could combine 3 and 4; they all meet up...except Kina. Thus we realize something's wrong. Or some such as that.

Combining 3 and 4 seems like the best plan, to me. It gets everyone in the same place and lets everyone know something is wrong.

Kuroimaken
2011-04-08, 09:21 AM
Overall, talk about recruiting and so on has left me a little pensive. One thing I feel like saying at this point: while we advertised and thought about a big, overarching plot at the start, we don't really have one right now. I'm involved in a half dozen little plots, but many of them won't involve more people than those already in the know.

I'll leave Michiko plot to Callos and SoG to advance, so no more about that.

However, after that we only have one "major" arch planned - the Samsara. The setup has largely been done, so it's ready in the queue, needing just a trigger to set it off, but... there isn't much to tie it to the bigger picture. (Hopefully that will remedy itself.)

There's Kuroimaken's Wall plot that holds potential, but I'm not sure how many of you even remember that one anymore.

So, at this point it really comes down to people building their own, little plots. This'll likely lead to the game becoming even looser, and some groups of characters might become more, not less isolated as a result. Which is why it's fundamental that those groups find something to do within themselves.

I support the cat'o'nine-tails plot, if only because it's a plot. But this game as a whole needs less waiting and more doing on everyone's part. We actually have a lot of players, and a lot of characters when you think of it. There's a lot to build upon. But it needs work and workers to become anything.
It may be interesting to point out that even Bleach doesn't really have that much of an overarching plot insofar as not all characters are involved in each aspect of it. Take the Seireitei arc, for example: team Protagonist was almost completely uninvolved in anything related to Aizen's murder. Heck, Ichigo doesn't really find out who Aizen is until AFTER the guy's escaped Soul Society. And if you count the Bount Arc, Aizen and his cronies don't really do much of anything for a good while even after the Seireitei Arc is finished.

While it's an interesting thought to get a big plot with everything connected, such plots require extensive work and pre-planning - and most of all, it needs people to be active every step of the way. The whole concept of the cat-o'-nine-tails plot is that it uses several seemingly unrelated events that are nonetheless tied by one common point, usually a foe that needs vanquishin', but not always.

HirokatsuGoto
2011-04-08, 10:10 AM
I like Kuro's idea for a plot of loose smaller plots coming together

I have a plot i never got to run in another Bleach RP, which i ended up just writing as fan-fiction. I'm not saying it is perfect for this, and can be modified or whatever, but it might provide itself to be something interesting and relatively simple. yet has enough growth i think to involve whomever is interested.

Here is the premise:

-A Senkei gate opens on Earth, and falling through it is a very AGED (Shinigami Lt? maybe Cpt?) along with a bunch of high tech equipment, and several lifeless shinigami bodies. It turns out to be a 12th Division member. He had gotten caught in the Senkei gate and it had gotten off "Axis" (like what Gin talks about with Aizen when they go the Karakura Town) and spit him out 100's if not more years from when he entered it.

He is near a graveyard. He is kind of crazy talking to himself, having went crazy(er) inside the senkei gate for so long, having to kill the other shinigami to survive (him being 12th im sure someone could come up with a weird explanation or science thing)

He knows he has been away a long time (and potentially gotten stronger inside the gate too), but he sees no reason why he shoudlnt continue on with his mission.

His mission was that he was the head scientist for the "Spearhead" project (the project using various powered modsouls in dead bodies to help stop the Hollows on earth), he was sent through the senkei to do some test and a start a field-test(though with all the craziness and time...he ends up thinking it is FULL implementation of the project).

Since along time ago he was lost and they coudlnt find him, the project was scrapped as he was the main scientist that knew how to do it well, but also it had major moral implications..and sine the top scientist and major proponent for the project was missing and presumed dead, the project was scrapped and forgotten.

So the guy goes about installing these powerful modsouls into this cemetery's dead, and sends them out to kill hollows. In his craziness though he thinks this sample size is too small and looks on to finding bigger cemeteries, and MORE bodies. He creates a lab, somewhere using his equipment making mroe modsouls.

Basically at this point, people of all Races in the RP can interact with these crazy modsouls. Some might see them as help at first, but perhaps they go crazy like the 12th guy and start fighting ANY spiritual beings. In the end the 12th guy is crazy and makes so many that he cant control them all, including making one modsoul that knows HOW to make modsouls, and is then is attacked and flees. Only to be found by someone and then they could team up for a way to get rid of them all.

this could provide lots of different types of RP.

-individual fighting
-group fighting
-healing
-fighting for training
-detective work
-science and experimentation
-diplomacy between races perhaps?
-even a villain who becomes empathetic to the reader and ultimately may succeed in redemption...even if resulting in imprisonment or death

anyways...maybe something like that would fit

Terry576
2011-04-08, 10:27 AM
That seems far more suited as fanfiction, which you said it was. Project "Spearhead" was sent through in this case, and is perfectly legitimate, due to the previous Captain being the one who led Project "Spearhead". Modsouls were scrapped for the same reason as in canon - too volatile, too likely to try stupid things.

And that's more Captain grade antics you'd be throwing at our low power characters. And I'm damn sure that the 13th would notice the insane modsouls running around, and when that happens, the 13th calls in for a Strike Team, so more high-powered characters running around a low powered town.

If he's in a graveyard, and he's desecrating it for his project, he's already boned. Look what Yui did to Sora for just asking about the graveyard! This guy's gonna get destroyed by Yui's rage.

And then, the Senkai Gate was off it's axis. While this part of the plot could work, don't make it a captain grade character. Captains are ridiculously powerful, and a crazy one makes me think of Zaraki Kenpachi - powerful, insane, and deadly. Try to use, say, an underling.

Honestly, I think this plot would work much better with an Arrancar from Hueco Mundo, thrown inside a garganta by the Ghost King, and has recently been let out, so as to 'test' Valeria, and to draw out any other spiritually powered mortals. That way, we get the training, the fighting, and some delightful exposition.

It's perfect for our needs.

HirokatsuGoto
2011-04-08, 10:49 AM
i said from the beginning that i wasnt perfect nor did it have to stay exactly as i wrote it...i figured it would be modified heavily to fit in if it was desired at all

i do think it could provide for some interesting RP though... for various levels of power people...it could get big if desired..or it could stay smaller too..

-it doesnt have to be "Project Spearhead" it coudl be an offshoot or "2nd try" it it invades too much on the Canon

-i think having the guy be a Lt at best is interesting...and he wouldnt have to be powerful...i only thought that he could have made himself more powerful while in the senkei gate...made him crazy too etc...

-i liek that he was not necessarily Cpt or something...but a "top scientist" in the project...maybe he convinced someone that the project needed a 2nd look and he had some way of controlling the modsouls better...they gave him a small chance and he disappeared and it was forgotten..in his craziness he turned it into them "loving" his idea and got delusions of grandeur

-the modsouls could be of varying power levels, so it could let whomever interact with them in various ways... if there are many levels of power...then the 13th woudl probably start with the powerful ones right?

-the cemetery where he did it maybe is in another city nearby...and they only trickle into the phoenix town at first...so FULL shinigami throwdown in Phoenix town isnt exactly necessary...the HOW this woudl be told is up to the players in most ways...so we can all come up with reasons to limit the all out high power level people around if we want to

-your idea on it being an Arrancar...i think that could work just fine too...might be interesting and fun to see that the Arrancar came up with their own "spearhead project" just like the Shinigami did...ya know show some parallels or something...might be fun

- i thought it could be fun...but i did liek that it was a new protagonist...someone that could be killed without hesitation or ruining someone's day...and getting rid of them doesnt mess up the order of things as they are..it being done by a person already in the game might make for someone to get too attached to the protagonist and therefore not be willign to "lose" or want it to go in a way that is specific to them...if it is a new person with no future in the RP past this event...then it is much easier to play in it i think...IMO IMO IMO

-basically the plot it....new "old" guy shows up...zombie modsouls running around...kill the modsouls...figure out who is doing it...defeat the head villain...move on...the ease of the storyline allows for anyone to put their own RP goals for their characters into this story

-for example...someone wants to be Cpt...well they show their strength or smarts in fighting or figuring it out...someone wants to get stronger..or reveal anew power they can do so....someone wants investigation and non fighting...they can research...have a "new" character? easy to introduce them... new kid doesnt realize he has power? BOOM...chance given whenever... maybe a small grup wants to even side with these modsouls use them for themselves...there is an opening... i dunno...im just spitballing

-use it or dont...but i dont think it is JUST fan fiction (as if that is somehow a bad thing anyways)...the place i was going to run it...well, i left there due to inactivity of the players....the plot seems fine for RP...

anyways...im just trying to help

That seems far more suited as fanfiction, which you said it was. Project "Spearhead" was sent through in this case, and is perfectly legitimate, due to the previous Captain being the one who led Project "Spearhead". Modsouls were scrapped for the same reason as in canon - too volatile, too likely to try stupid things.

And that's more Captain grade antics you'd be throwing at our low power characters. And I'm damn sure that the 13th would notice the insane modsouls running around, and when that happens, the 13th calls in for a Strike Team, so more high-powered characters running around a low powered town.

If he's in a graveyard, and he's desecrating it for his project, he's already boned. Look what Yui did to Sora for just asking about the graveyard! This guy's gonna get destroyed by Yui's rage.

And then, the Senkai Gate was off it's axis. While this part of the plot could work, don't make it a captain grade character. Captains are ridiculously powerful, and a crazy one makes me think of Zaraki Kenpachi - powerful, insane, and deadly. Try to use, say, an underling.

Honestly, I think this plot would work much better with an Arrancar from Hueco Mundo, thrown inside a garganta by the Ghost King, and has recently been let out, so as to 'test' Valeria, and to draw out any other spiritually powered mortals. That way, we get the training, the fighting, and some delightful exposition.

It's perfect for our needs.

Terry576
2011-04-08, 11:04 AM
You misunderstood me. You see, fanfiction is written by one person, allowing for 'redemption' esque events. With this character, Kaito, Kina, Sora, Izumi, Michiko, all of the kids would damn him to an eternal darkness. He's attacking them, he's insane, that destroys all chance of redemption for him.

Sorry about that.

Kuroimaken
2011-04-08, 11:30 AM
Personally, I think time-related shenanigans are a dangerous precedent to set. Temporal stasis can be just as dangerous as time travel.

Seconded on not making a captain-level character pull this off. Frankly, I'd rather it be something done by a member of Samsara - specially because the whole "Senkaimon time stasis drove me insane, lol" rubs me the wrong way.

Again, the idea is to use a broad event that nonetheless doesn't depend on specific characters, but rather masses of NPCs, making taking over for them relatively easier.

HirokatsuGoto
2011-04-08, 12:47 PM
i know what you mean about the time stasis thing...but it is convenient for bringing in a character which doesnt have to be someone who "goes bad" who has been around...therefore somehow "hiding" such a big plot or somethign from everyone else..regardless of their skills....

i dont think it is setting a weird precedent..as this isnt an ability for someone to use or future peopel to use..it was a mistake and one which was uncontrollable by the guy...

only the main bad guy woudl have to be player driven i always envisioned the modsouls as being entirely NPC driven... only the protagonist woudl be a PC and oen that woudl die by the end of it (and his redemption...would be momentary in my initial take..not redemption for forgiveness...but i get your thoughts Terry)

I even thought that the protagonist guy coudl potentially set up the modsouls going...and create one who could create them...and then is backstabbed and killed early in the story too...then everyone einvovled could be NPC...

as the modsouls "go crazy and uncontrollable" it really requires little planning on anyoen's end...and as the characters are NPC and temporary there is no need for caring for them past the initial goal of the RP...all ya really need is a f ew peopel to do somethign with these zombie modsouls...an initial RP setting up the scene...and potentially an end or wrap up RP or "final fight"..but it seems pretty contained and open...

anyways...i prpoosed the idea as an idea...if peopel want to take parts of it or not...then whatever...it makes for zombies like you wanted...and doesnt force any behavior onto races which the peopel in those races might be not for using...this was somethign which has Canon foundations in the shinigami and the temporal stuff is only a means for introducing a character and premise outside the present character lineup...

if you want to adapt it..or whatevr go for it... it seems pretty simple to me as it is...i am attached to it as it is...but only because ithought it up...but as i said it was for another set of peopel and then later adapted to fanfiction...

i am gonna be way the rest of tonigh and most of tomorrow... feel free to do what ya want with the idea...

Personally, I think time-related shenanigans are a dangerous precedent to set. Temporal stasis can be just as dangerous as time travel.

Seconded on not making a captain-level character pull this off. Frankly, I'd rather it be something done by a member of Samsara - specially because the whole "Senkaimon time stasis drove me insane, lol" rubs me the wrong way.

Again, the idea is to use a broad event that nonetheless doesn't depend on specific characters, but rather masses of NPCs, making taking over for them relatively easier.

Kuroimaken
2011-04-08, 01:08 PM
See, there's the issue. The idea of this miniplot is to not be protagonist-driven. That's what has been killing our pacing in the first place.

Wahrheit
2011-04-08, 02:04 PM
See, you just mention zombies and people get interested. :smallbiggrin:

Actually, I'd say that was a relative success. At least with the Sayaka attack mini-plot. Everything that was meant to happen, did, and in fact it suffered almost negligible delay.

Of course, there's a lot of things we need to work out (ultimately, the problem itself will need to go away somehow, unless we want to tie it with some other plot - maybe someone from the Samsara decides to raise some ruckus and sends zombie Blanks to attack the city, or somesuch. This would make the problem big and manageable without the necessity of a villain being directly involved).

This could be a fantastic way for Cha-Cha to make her arrival: at the head of dancing zombie Blanks! That way more Samsara shenanigans can start while keeping things manageable for the lower-powered characters. And Cha-Cha wouldn't even have to directly be involved, just hanging around and watching the dancing. And eating.

Also, since I want to start planning it now, anyone willing to help me come up with Magatsu's Mortal World mission? I'm drawing a blank on ideas for who Sakura wanted him to kill, but that could just be the sleep deprivation.

HirokatsuGoto
2011-04-08, 02:26 PM
but liek i just said...you could kill the antagonist at the beginning if you wanted...it isnt all set in stone...and even if the science guy didnt die...he wouldnt be the lynch pin of what happens when...he basically set the thigns out and at worst sends soem more out later and then gets caught and killed or whatever... it isnt antagnost driven..it is antagonist sparked

(i amwriting this from my iphoen..sorry)

See, there's the issue. The idea of this miniplot is to not be protagonist-driven. That's what has been killing our pacing in the first place.

Terry576
2011-04-08, 02:39 PM
but liek i just said...you could kill the antagonist at the beginning if you wanted...it isnt all set in stone...and even if the science guy didnt die...he wouldnt be the lynch pin of what happens when...he basically set the thigns out and at worst sends soem more out later and then gets caught and killed or whatever... it isnt antagnost driven..it is antagonist sparked

(i amwriting this from my iphoen..sorry)

But the antagonist guy is still a player character.

That is the entire problem we've been having. The antagonists for the zombie plot are NPCs, controlled by whoever the hell feels like it. Allowing us to actually move forward. That is why we want to do it this way.

HirokatsuGoto
2011-04-08, 03:04 PM
but didnt i just state that he doesnt have to be in contor lof them? and that he coudl just be dead if everyone wanted that?

I said it is antagonist "SPARKED" which sure.. would be someone who wanted to play the dude...but once he sparked the action...he woudl have little to NO part in it if that is what is wanted...

basically...this is how it COULD go:

-new plot thread started called somethign like "Zombie Modsouls" or something

-a post by the player who wanted to play the antagnist, he woudl post the setup for what is going on

-----basically: "whoa im old, here's my mission, im crazy and turn all these dead bodies into modsouls to go attack hollows"...here is some of the types of powers they have...they are supposedly stable modsouls bu they end up not being controllable or loyal to the dude....he sends them out to Phoenix town...his equipment includes a way to hidehimself in protective barrier or something if you need way for the antagnoist to stay hidden

-now all the modsouls are NPCs NOT loyal or under command of anyone, they arent stableso they all have whatever inclinations any PC wants to use them for (good, bad, dumb, smart, fast slow, kind, sexy..whatever)

-once they are all killed so be it, then you have someoone do a small plot which tries to find the dude that did it...only to find that he has been killed by a modsoul himself...the RP for THAT modsoul done by the player playing the antagonist and an NPC modsoul

-it can end like that...or some other fancy way if peopel wanted to work it out

---that;s it...one required post settin up the event by the player playign the antagonist...and maybe a few at the end to finisih it up which dont require anyone else but NPCs... sure the PC could RP some with NPC's on his own if he wanted to tell al ittle story inside it...but as he isnt in control of the modsouls as he thought he would the antagonist would have no means to stop or slow down any RP at all...unless someoen wanted that...

this idea isnt comlicated and is as open as you all want... because it requires one person to play an antagonist PC to start it and potentially finish it...does not make it antagnosit driven or woudl cause for slwo down in the RP...

it is NPC zombie modsouls... that peopel can do whatever with
(again sorry..im on my iphone)

But the antagonist guy is still a player character.

That is the entire problem we've been having. The antagonists for the zombie plot are NPCs, controlled by whoever the hell feels like it. Allowing us to actually move forward. That is why we want to do it this way.

riccaru
2011-04-08, 03:22 PM
Well, Kujo's little house of Horrors doesn't necessarily only perverse the terrain in Maggot's Nest. It could travel through the Seki-Seki stone into the mortal world and create the "zombies" (Corpse style or not). That would keep it from having a single person as a catalyst, and no one would ever actually be able to tell just what happened. It could also affect the Dangai, keeping Shinigami from traveling to the Mortal World.:smallsmile:

Dorizzit
2011-04-08, 03:41 PM
Also, since I want to start planning it now, anyone willing to help me come up with Magatsu's Mortal World mission? I'm drawing a blank on ideas for who Sakura wanted him to kill, but that could just be the sleep deprivation.

Renegade Shinigami?

Kuroimaken
2011-04-08, 03:46 PM
Well, Kujo's little house of Horrors doesn't necessarily only perverse the terrain in Maggot's Nest. It could travel through the Seki-Seki stone into the mortal world and create the "zombies" (Corpse style or not). That would keep it from having a single person as a catalyst, and no one would ever actually be able to tell just what happened. It could also affect the Dangai, keeping Shinigami from traveling to the Mortal World.:smallsmile:

Sounds like fun, though I'd leave that call to Frozen.

This could be a fantastic way for Cha-Cha to make her arrival: at the head of dancing zombie Blanks! That way more Samsara shenanigans can start while keeping things manageable for the lower-powered characters. And Cha-Cha wouldn't even have to directly be involved, just hanging around and watching the dancing. And eating.

...She's gonna be dancing to a Michael Jackson tune, isn't she? :smalleek:

Hey Terry, how do you feel about Sora and Hasunaga having a little chat? The old man ain't got nothing to do right now.

Terry576
2011-04-08, 03:48 PM
Sure, they can run into each other at Venti Buon, the only place to get your coffee.

Kuroimaken
2011-04-08, 05:12 PM
Sure, they can run into each other at Venti Buon, the only place to get your coffee.

Viatrix must be making a killing off the monopoly.

Terry576
2011-04-08, 05:22 PM
Viatrix must be making a killing off the monopoly.

Viatrix doesn't run the Venti Buon. :smallconfused:

At least I don't believe so...

riccaru
2011-04-08, 05:35 PM
Viatrix doesn't run the Venti Buon. :smallconfused:

At least I don't believe so...

She has a monopoly on Gigai, reitsu cloaks and the reishi cola:smalltongue:.

Draken
2011-04-08, 05:37 PM
Donovan runs the Venti Buon.

Kuroimaken
2011-04-08, 05:42 PM
Mea culpa.

Still, Donovan must make a total killing there.

Also, whenever I see him I can't help but think of this guy.

http://news.3yen.com/wp-content/images/falcon.jpeg

Frozen_Feet
2011-04-10, 12:25 AM
Hello, I'm back, did I...?

Did... Sora just deny having met Yui to Hasunaga?

They were all in the same darn room once. They've all met each other. Why is Sora wasting his time telling such blatant lies? Has he learned nothing? :smallfrown:

About Ep. 6: I think Yui's, Silva's and Sora's part is about done. Unless you want to flesh out the morning - I think we could end our part there. So it's just a matter of Akio finally leaving before we can roll in the closing texts. :smallsmile:

Terry576
2011-04-10, 12:48 AM
Hello, I'm back, did I...?

Did... Sora just deny having met Yui to Hasunaga?

They were all in the same darn room once. They've all met each other. Why is Sora wasting his time telling such blatant lies? Has he learned nothing? :smallfrown:

Hey, I'll have you know that Sora did indeed learn some things, however they were all lost around the time Hasunaga decided he was Sora-chan, and Photoshaped some pictures of him in bunny outfits.

That's crossing the line.

Frozen_Feet
2011-04-10, 12:50 AM
Sorry for doublepost, but the few really long posts above took me a while to grasp.

Anyways, I support tying "Spearhead" with Samsara plot. Low-level, disposable mooks is exactly what they need to keep everyone entertained, and having them be "grab-hold-if-you-wanna" type NPCs like most Hollows in Ep. 3 should work.

Terry's grim predictions about 13th, Yui and lack of redemption have some ground, but I'd like to point out a few things:

13th polices all of Japan. Last time I checked, they don't have their eyes specifically upon Phoenix Town as of now. Indeed, the town seems to be lacking in professional Shinigami activity after Ep. 3 aftermath was over and done with.

They might notice a massive incursion of Hollows and send a strike team... but Samsara are not Hollows, and their lackeys need not be either. No dimensional travel needs to be involved - that's what usually gives powerful Hollows away. Ordinary Hollows are tracked by patrolling Shinigami, and again - there aren't any around.

Yui / Elder is a problem for Samsara, yes - and she's sort of fated to be involved in that plot since Cassandra tagged her. But, despite all her power, Elder could never take all of Samsara at once... and there's no guarantee she'll even fight them.

Now, redemption - that's something for the characters to decide, based on what the villains do, and what the characters know of them. Sure, there might be few characters who'd flat out deny any possibility for such - but it isn't set in stone. Time will only tell.

No, no, no. Blowing up a single mountain was enough, and I specifically noted that the transmutation did not effect seki-sekki. The explosion did alter the dimensional fabric, but in a very limited way which will be discussed later when it's topical. The chaos could've never had an effect as wide-spread as what you propose.

tgva8889
2011-04-10, 02:04 AM
Scenes to do before Kina Kidnapping:
1) Ken and Kina scene (should happen soon/now, I'll try to post this week to get this done since I'll be bored some and need to do something)
2) Kina gets kidnapped (maybe do this, maybe she'll just disappear)

horngeek
2011-04-10, 02:12 AM
<.<
>.>

Isn't Sora a minor? If so, he can easy counter-blackmail.

Like, really easily.

horngeek
2011-04-10, 02:20 AM
Also, given it's taking so long, I'm thinking I'll skip RPing Natsuko checking on Hikari and just skip to her reporting in to the Commander-General.

Frozen_Feet
2011-04-10, 10:57 AM
Also, given it's taking so long, I'm thinking I'll skip RPing Natsuko checking on Hikari and just skip to her reporting in to the Commander-General.

You could do both - skip to her seeing Hikari, and then skip to her reporting to Ryouichi. You just need to make a bit longer post than normal. :smallsmile:

The Librarian
2011-04-10, 07:11 PM
Hey real quick:

Who was involved in the invasion beside Kujo, and the Primeria Espada and his underlings? (I can't tell if there more people involved.)

Frozen_Feet
2011-04-10, 07:21 PM
Suzume Kimi (captured), Nagamichi Soushi (unbeknowst to the "good guys"), Eriku Gimimamori (Edge's character; as Edge is absent, I think we should presume he's in Seireitei somwhere, laying low and waiting for the off-chance the his player will return.), and a modsoul called Naraku (hiding).

That's for the villain's side, at least.

The Librarian
2011-04-10, 07:23 PM
Thanks FF. I'm currently writing up summary for 3rd Soul Society Thread.

Frozen_Feet
2011-04-10, 07:28 PM
I hope you've noticed the Story so Far page in the Wiki? I've been trying to keep it up-to-date. It could be of help as well. :smallsmile:

HirokatsuGoto
2011-04-10, 10:06 PM
so can we just continune our Soul Society RP from the #2 thread in the #3 thread right?

i only ask, because i noticed the intro post.

I have some posts to rwrite, i should be able to get tothem all tomorrow.

---------

Callos...I am going to have Hirokatsu head to the Kido Corps grounds for some investigation...i'd love to do it after you post, but i wil post heading there and continue... but i hoep you still post your response... I will start my leaving to go to the Kido Corps grounds posts with something like "after talking with Osamu, Hirokatsu hurries back to the Seretei" or somethign like that...i will probably wait to do that post until Tuesday or maybe Wednesday, so if yo ucan do your response post so i dont need to do a "time travel" post that would be great..if not, liek i said i am gonna move on and then will come back once you respond

Draken
2011-04-10, 10:30 PM
so can we just continune our Soul Society RP from the #2 thread in the #3 thread right?

i only ask, because i noticed the intro post.

I have some posts to rwrite, i should be able to get tothem all tomorrow.

---------

Callos...I am going to have Hirokatsu head to the Kido Corps grounds for some investigation...i'd love to do it after you post, but i wil post heading there and continue... but i hoep you still post your response... I will start my leaving to go to the Kido Corps grounds posts with something like "after talking with Osamu, Hirokatsu hurries back to the Seretei" or somethign like that...i will probably wait to do that post until Tuesday or maybe Wednesday, so if yo ucan do your response post so i dont need to do a "time travel" post that would be great..if not, liek i said i am gonna move on and then will come back once you respond

GitP requests that all threads be finished around page 50 and a new thread serving as a continuation of the previous one be made.

Other than changing your thread subscriptions (if you use those at all) the thread change means nothing, things proceed as normal.

Kuroimaken
2011-04-10, 11:02 PM
Psst. Rouge is makeup. Rogue is the word you're looking for.

The Grammar Crusader strikes again! *poses*

Terry576
2011-04-10, 11:08 PM
Psst. Rouge is makeup. Rogue is the word you're looking for.

The Grammar Crusader strikes again! *poses*

Did the mighty grammar crusader ignore his terrible spelling between Sora and Hasunaga?

Or were Photoshape and Racebook on purpose? :smalltongue:

riccaru
2011-04-10, 11:16 PM
Did the mighty grammar crusader ignore his terrible spelling between Sora and Hasunaga?

Bakudo 37: Anti-trademark shield!

Kuroimaken
2011-04-11, 07:52 AM

Oh no, that was ENTIRELY intentional. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BlandNameProduct)

Callos_DeTerran
2011-04-11, 11:47 PM
Two things come to mind.

Righty, Genoveva isn't a minion of Kujo's, she was an ally of convenience. Just turns out that convenience ended when she was massively out-gunned and lacking any reason to stick the fight out.

Two...Did I miss an important post or something? O.o Why's Geister on Genoveva's doorstep?

KnightDisciple
2011-04-12, 12:47 AM
Two...Did I miss an important post or something? O.o Why's Geister on Genoveva's doorstep?Because his daughter's in trouble, and he's already lost one kid to Genny's domain?

Callos_DeTerran
2011-04-12, 12:59 AM
Because his daughter's in trouble, and he's already lost one kid to Genny's domain?

He wasn't lost there actually. That's something that's bugged me a bit before but I never remembered to bring it up, the body wasn't found in Genoveva's domain. This is assuming Geister didn't simply 'know' where and when one of his children dies, of course.

Draken
2011-04-12, 08:46 AM
Two reasons.

1. He gave Genoveva an order last time they spoke.

2. He needs to present another infante to keep tabs on her court, that is the drone behind him.

3. I am unpredictable and like messing with people.

riccaru
2011-04-12, 10:20 AM
Two reasons.

1. He gave Genoveva an order last time they spoke.

2. He needs to present another infante to keep tabs on her court, that is the drone behind him.

3. I am unpredictable and like messing with people.

I knew it!

Kuroimaken
2011-04-12, 04:59 PM
Quick thought for a couple of comic relief NPC expys:

Rosey and the Hypothalamus

"Hip, what are we going to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Rosey: try to take over Phoenix Town!"

Background: They were a couple of lab rats at the local division of HECKME Enterprises. And then they died. Fortunately, their unique existence as animals with a conscience granted them a state partway between Plus and Hollow.

Personality: Hypothalamus is smart and brainy, Rosey is stupid squared. Hip is driven by some mysterious need to conquer all of Phoenix Town. Rosey follows along because Hip is his friend.

Powers: Aside from being occasionally mistaken for human beings despite their mouse-like size, they can talk and assemble needlessly complex apparatuses that range from mind control rays to cloning machines - which nonetheless end up destroyed by the end of the episode by Rosey's ridiculous antics.

These are comic relief characters. DO NOT take seriously. I repeat: DO NOT take seriously.

Draken
2011-04-12, 08:10 PM
Hypophalamus is kind of a mouthful.

How about the Cerebellum?

Kuroimaken
2011-04-12, 08:23 PM
Either is a mouthful, honestly.

Sides, Cerebellum was pretty obvious...

Shades of Gray
2011-04-12, 09:52 PM
How about you don't make a pointless comic relief expy?

The Librarian
2011-04-12, 09:59 PM
Two things come to mind.

Righty, Genoveva isn't a minion of Kujo's, she was an ally of convenience. Just turns out that convenience ended when she was massively out-gunned and lacking any reason to stick the fight out.

Two...Did I miss an important post or something? O.o Why's Geister on Genoveva's doorstep?

Yeah, I 'm aware Genoveva wasn't Kujo's minion. Just didn't really clarify it. Sorry.

KnightDisciple
2011-04-12, 10:01 PM
How about you don't make a pointless comic relief expy?I dunno, if it'll get people posting, it can't be all bad.

Kuroimaken
2011-04-13, 12:04 AM
Gee Shades, that was a little harsh, don'tcha think?

Prime32
2011-04-13, 05:00 AM
How about you don't make a pointless comic relief expy?Something wormlike dangles from Ayase's mouth.
"Mot 'r you talkimg..." *swallows* "What are you talking about? I don't see any comic relief expies... <_<"

Frozen_Feet
2011-04-14, 04:41 AM
How about you don't make a pointless comic relief expy?

Agreed. That said, if Kuroi can come up with a point for them, I don't see much wrong with it. I just don't see them meshing well with the current story.

They maybe could fill a role similar to Kon and other modsouls in Bleach filler, hanging around Viatrix's shop someone's house and being semi-useful.

Kuroimaken
2011-04-14, 08:59 AM
So, does anyone have a use for a pair of undead rats, one of which is a genius, the other of which is insane?

tgva8889
2011-04-14, 09:40 AM
Can we come up with a plot that involves hollow baiting? That would give us tons of random enemies for people to go about slaying. Just a suggestion.

Kasanip
2011-04-14, 09:47 AM
So, does anyone have a use for a pair of undead rats, one of which is a genius, the other of which is insane?

Still it is trying to find a use for a more useful Tsukumogami comedy characters, so to use mouse it is difficult I think. :smallredface:

Kuroimaken
2011-04-14, 10:14 AM
I say, they could become comedy partners!

Maybe Kazari could meet 'em.

That said, Rosey and Hip are meant to be NPCs - meaning anyone can take control of them if they wish.

Frozen_Feet
2011-04-14, 03:22 PM
Phew... that post should be enough to nudge the story forth on a few fronts.

Is anyone else missing me? I've been in flue for few days and couldn't think of much to write.

Kuroimaken
2011-04-14, 04:04 PM
Um... actually, despite Saiyuri's actions, Soushi's current position IS known, at least if Suzume's apprehension was reported back. He's at the clearing, supervising her arrest, remember? He dropped a level 75 Bakudou on her rear. :smallconfused:

Frozen_Feet
2011-04-14, 04:37 PM
I'm going with the theory that they only told 10th that someone needs to be picked up, not everyone who was involved. Normal police would only note down those details after getting on the scene of crime. So Sayuri hasn't gotten to know it yet.

Kuroimaken
2011-04-14, 04:46 PM
Fair enough.

Alibi second stage: complete.

Frozen_Feet
2011-04-14, 04:54 PM
I'm also doing it so someone else can talk to Soushi first, and Sayuri gets to interrogate Akio first (finally).

Kuroimaken
2011-04-14, 04:56 PM
DECEIVER! You have... ULTERIOR MOTIVES!! :smallfurious:

:smalltongue:

Wahrheit
2011-04-15, 12:23 AM
Strawberry: It should have been more obvious, but Magatsu sent a Hell Butterfly to Ryouichi.

KnightDisciple
2011-04-15, 07:56 AM
Regarding on "jbhunter"'s post in the Hueco Mundo thread: I have PMed him asking him to post in the OOC, explain his character, and possibly consider removing or revising his post (as, unless I'm really out of the loop, it make no sense on basically every level). If others have communicated with him already, all the better.

jbhuntr
2011-04-15, 01:44 PM
I'm sorry. Theres just so much to read I had only grazed the surface of the rules and regulations. I have removed my posting and will attempt to introduce myself properly.

Kuroimaken
2011-04-17, 02:38 PM
By the way, Hirokatsu: calling Ryouichi "Captain-General-dono" is the height of redundancy.

It's like calling King Richard "Your Majesty Majesty King Richard."

When addressing someone, title and honorific are mutually exclusive - you use one or the other.

So the best for Eiji would be calling Ryouichi either Soutaichou (Captain-General), Tsukada-dono (it's just plain weird to use the first name when addressing a military commander directly), or Tsukada-soutaichou.

HirokatsuGoto
2011-04-17, 02:41 PM
i agree...i did it on pupose as Eiji feels he needsto be EXTRA formal...and as i stated later...he never really cared much for the formalities...so he isnt very good at them basically...adding an extra your majesty was his way of showing he is especially sorry..even if a bit ridiculous

By the way, Hirokatsu: calling Ryouichi "Captain-General-dono" is the height of redundancy.

It's like calling King Richard "Your Majesty Majesty King Richard."

When addressing someone, title and honorific are mutually exclusive - you use one or the other.

So the best for Eiji would be calling Ryouichi either Soutaichou (Captain-General), Tsukada-dono (it's just plain weird to use the first name when addressing a military commander directly), or Tsukada-soutaichou.

Kuroimaken
2011-04-17, 02:49 PM
Might as well use -kakkadono then for extra awkwardness. (-kakka is basically a high nobility honorific, without using a specific title.)

Heck, using -dono is already more respectful than many would care for in the military of the day.

HirokatsuGoto
2011-04-17, 03:04 PM
cool...good to know..thanks Kuro!

i haev never heard of kakkadono...any more things liek that? i love it!

Might as well use -kakkadono then for extra awkwardness. (-kakka is basically a high nobility honorific, without using a specific title.)

Heck, using -dono is already more respectful than many would care for in the military of the day.

Frozen_Feet
2011-04-17, 03:05 PM
"Kakkadono"... hehehe...

For the record, in Finnish, "kakka" means poo. :smalltongue:

Kuroimaken
2011-04-17, 03:08 PM
It also strongly resembles a Brazillian word for poo.

horngeek
2011-04-17, 09:00 PM
"I felt that there was a sense of urgency. As you know, every time Elder is noticed, she tends to disappear. She's been showing up on our radar for centuries without more than a single possible confrontation at any location. Now we know she's stayed in Phoenix Town long enough to be seen by myself twice. This means that there's something holding her attention. She's taken the time to rent an apartment and try to fit in with the locals.

So yes, my actions were rash, but the amount of knowledge I've gained is greater than anything we've seen before. Not to mention the two mortal world men who had technology capable of absorbing spiritual energy in all forms not unlike the quincy, and fire that energy back at myself. They also have the ability to become undetectable and to detect someone when they use Kyokko. No matter what happens here I would like to speak with both Captain Kazuo and Captain-Commander Tsukada."

Didn't we establish that Quincy were relatively unknown to Soul Society? :smallconfused:

riccaru
2011-04-17, 10:30 PM
Didn't we establish that Quincy were relatively unknown to Soul Society? :smallconfused:

When was that? I just thought that they hadn't had a war.

horngeek
2011-04-17, 11:14 PM
I was fairly certain the reason why they hadn't had a war was that the Quincy were pretty unknown, given in this verse they do destroy souls.

tgva8889
2011-04-18, 02:47 AM
I was fairly certain the reason why they hadn't had a war was that the Quincy were pretty unknown, given in this verse they do destroy souls.

It was not officially decided, but there isn't really any reason for anyone to be aware of the existence of Quincies except the Quincies themselves. They aren't an obvious society, because (as suggested) if they were they'd probably be hunted by Shinigami for upsetting the balance of souls.

Frozen_Feet
2011-04-18, 11:59 PM
How does riccaru's post relate to Quincies, or did he edit it later? I thought it's just Akio recounting his encounter with Nero and Josiah.

EDIT: Also, about the interrogation: the next few hours of Akio will be spend in cross-examination as various 10th Divisioners will ask him same questions over and over again until they're convinved he's speaking the truth. Since there's little reason to roleplay it out, you can fast forward to the end, riccaru.

Callos_DeTerran
2011-04-19, 11:50 PM
I suspect this has been a long time coming, but I've finally made up my mind. I'm going to be retiring BleachITP Reborn shortly, once I've thought of a decent exit for each of my characters. This game has become a chore to post in, or even to read, and it only causes undue stress to look at my subscribed threads list and see BleachITP Reborn threads and realize I should post despite a certain loathing to do so. Still, I also know I have several characters doing things or are going to do things. Consider this a 'will' of sorts.

-Kayne can inherit the Samsara plot. He's already got all the important details and he certainly seems to have the energy to run it. :smallsmile: Good luck!

-Michiko is going to be sent over-seas for the rest of her schooling. If Shades wants, or thinks Yuudai would be up to it, he can continue the kidnapping plot. If not, well it hasn't really started yet anyway so there's nothing stopping Yuudai from simply rejoining the rest of the kids.

-Osamu is simply going to die of old age, he's certainly old enough for it. Whoever takes over 5th can figure out what to do with Osamu's surveillence system and his nepotism, though that very same nepotism means that the next captain of the 5th Division is likely to be a Ryuunosuke as well (since Minuet's player has disappeared).

-Genoveva is going to leave Las Noches for her own reasons up to and including 'it's boring here'.

-Anthony Wallace will simply fall off the radar like he already has.

-Shizuka: See Anthony.

-Amada...I don't know about Amada. The ideal solution would be to give the character to someone else, because I partially created her to fill a role-playing need. I'm open to suggestion.

My seat on the Central 46 can go to whoever. I don't really care one way or the other and all the people I'd choose as 'successors' off the top of my head are already on it besides Kuroimaken or Hirokatsu. So I guess one of them? In any case, the leaving of some of the above characters will be handled by an IC post, others don't require it and won't get one.

Been a fun ride, but when the ride stops being fun then it's time to get off.

Kuroimaken
2011-04-20, 12:31 AM
I'm really sorry to see you go Callos, especially because your characters have been amid the most fun to interact with. :smallfrown:

Here's to hoping we see each other around. Maybe in some other Freeform.

EDIT: Insofar as "succeeding" you in the Central 5... I actually don't think I'd mind the position now. I did back when we elected our numbers, but now it's a different story.

Listen, I want this game to thrive and go on. I hope you guys don't mind a little personal drama, but I've got a LOT of things in my life that I start but I don't finish. I don't like that. And I want to see this game reach a satisfying conclusion.

I'm going to do some recruiting in other forums. Maybe poke a couple of people here and there that I know of. Maybe we can get a couple of members that way.

Callos_DeTerran
2011-04-20, 12:44 AM
Maybe. I might even return here eventually, though it seems unlikely at the moment.

Kuroimaken
2011-04-20, 12:48 AM
I do hope you do, Callos. I really do.

tgva8889
2011-04-20, 12:58 AM
:smallfrown:

Well, do what you must do, Callos. I hope to see you around in the future, in any case.

KnightDisciple
2011-04-20, 06:46 AM
Sorry to see you go, Callos. You really did bring plenty of excitement to the game.

I'll probably have Vicente take full ownership of the "little project", at least for a while.

Thank you for working to wrap some things up and let us know what's what.

For what it's worth, I support Kuroi being Callos's Central 5 replacement. I don't want to say it's official until at least 1 more Central member speaks up, though (since that'd be, effectively, 3 votes counting Callos).

horngeek
2011-04-20, 06:53 AM
:smallfrown: Sorry to see you go.

Hope you'll be back someday.

HirokatsuGoto
2011-04-20, 08:23 AM
sorry to see ya go Callos...im not sure i would have joined or stayed if it werent for your good RP

I do hope you return sometime, and there is no reason you cant pop in and say hi in the OOC if you are around.

As for summing up the posts, as i have two characters involved with you, i may want to PM you to ask how to proceed if there is no IC RP to go out on...

nevertheless, it has been a lot of fun...thank you for all your work AND play!

be well

Prime32
2011-04-20, 10:09 AM
For what it's worth, I support Kuroi being Callos's Central 5 replacement. I don't want to say it's official until at least 1 more Central member speaks up, though (since that'd be, effectively, 3 votes counting Callos).(thumbs up)

Kasanip
2011-04-20, 10:30 AM
:smallfrown::smallfrown::smallfrown:

Goodbye Callos! It was very nice to meet you and to play with you. I wish someday it can be a meeting together again!

I wish Sayaka and Michiko story could be finished. But it cannot be helped.

I am tired always of bitter endings of this game. :smallfrown:

Dorizzit
2011-04-20, 11:12 AM
I suspect this has been a long time coming, but I've finally made up my mind. I'm going to be retiring BleachITP Reborn shortly, once I've thought of a decent exit for each of my characters. This game has become a chore to post in, or even to read, and it only causes undue stress to look at my subscribed threads list and see BleachITP Reborn threads and realize I should post despite a certain loathing to do so. Still, I also know I have several characters doing things or are going to do things. Consider this a 'will' of sorts.

-Kayne can inherit the Samsara plot. He's already got all the important details and he certainly seems to have the energy to run it. :smallsmile: Good luck!

-Michiko is going to be sent over-seas for the rest of her schooling. If Shades wants, or thinks Yuudai would be up to it, he can continue the kidnapping plot. If not, well it hasn't really started yet anyway so there's nothing stopping Yuudai from simply rejoining the rest of the kids.

-Osamu is simply going to die of old age, he's certainly old enough for it. Whoever takes over 5th can figure out what to do with Osamu's surveillence system and his nepotism, though that very same nepotism means that the next captain of the 5th Division is likely to be a Ryuunosuke as well (since Minuet's player has disappeared).

-Genoveva is going to leave Las Noches for her own reasons up to and including 'it's boring here'.

-Anthony Wallace will simply fall off the radar like he already has.

-Shizuka: See Anthony.

-Amada...I don't know about Amada. The ideal solution would be to give the character to someone else, because I partially created her to fill a role-playing need. I'm open to suggestion.

My seat on the Central 46 can go to whoever. I don't really care one way or the other and all the people I'd choose as 'successors' off the top of my head are already on it besides Kuroimaken or Hirokatsu. So I guess one of them? In any case, the leaving of some of the above characters will be handled by an IC post, others don't require it and won't get one.

Been a fun ride, but when the ride stops being fun then it's time to get off.

I'm sorry to see you go, but I think you've made the right decision. Goodbye.

The Librarian
2011-04-20, 04:59 PM
Well Callos, I'm sorry to hear of this, but nonetheless I will bid you farewell. Perhaps it is likely we'll meet again on the forums. *fingers crossed*

Until such a time take care my comrade.
*Waves hat in the air, saluting Callos.

Kayne650
2011-04-20, 09:20 PM
I...

LIVE!!!

Okay, first of all, I want to apologize for my immense absence from the boards. I've been hatefully busy with life in general and school specifically, and I haven't had a moment to myself. However, given that finals are next week, that isn't quite over yet, but I'm going to try to post something or at least catch up on recent events this week so I'll be ready to post as soon as my finals are over. Therefore, if there is anything that I need to do or some character that I need to post as (besides Seiko, of which I'm already aware), please let me know now.

Second, I'm really sorry to hear that you're leaving, Callos. I hope to see you later in other RPs, because I've enjoyed writing with you in this one. I'll do my best with the Samsara!

Thirdly, I like pie.

But back to business; what have I missed?

strawberryman
2011-04-20, 09:37 PM
Shame about your leaving, Callos.

Welcome back, Kayne!

At any rate; I don't think it's plausible to run the Michiko Plot as it was planned anymore. That said, I believe I have a replacement, which won't be in the same spirit, but it will get things done hopefully.

Proposed Alternative: Hiroto is just crazy enough to harass the kids with hollows, possibly kidnap someone, and still be able to survive for the long term, since he's not actually fighting himself.

InyutheBeatIs
2011-04-21, 01:24 AM
*looks in*

Wait, Callos?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I'm sorry to hear you go, Callos. I hope everything goes okay for you.

Anyways, just wanted to post to say that I'm still alive, and haven't abandoned you just yet. Ideally, I won't have to anytime soon either.

Frozen_Feet
2011-04-21, 02:53 AM
@Kayne: Look at the Wiki's "Story so far" page. All in all, you haven't missed much that'd be vital to know to any of your characters. The only thing I suggest you pick up and do something about is Mei and Serazel hanging in limbo outside Viatrix's shop - I recall you suggested a scene between them and Mayumi, and I still think it'd be a good idea.

@strawberry: Myself, I'd be partial to just jumping into the Samsara plot right away, since set-up for that one is largely done. But I'm not against a smaller plot before that if others like the idea.

@Central 5: I'm utterly indifferent to who will replace Callos. Vote, throw dice, whatever. I don't care.

HirokatsuGoto
2011-04-21, 09:18 AM
Kayne and Horngeek,

I have posted more than one post as "Eiji Ito" the 1st Division 4th seat, while you two were at the door to the 1st.

Kayne650
2011-04-21, 06:03 PM
@Hirokatsu: Really? Curses, I thought that I'd seen at least most of what had happened in the Soul Society, but I must have missed those. Sorry, I'll go fix those.

@Frozen&Strawberry: I'm okay with starting the Samsara arc now, though it'll take me a bit to get it started. We've introduced most of the Samsara already, except for a few that are still hidden, but we'll be ready soon. However, I'm not opposed to another side story or two before we start. :smallbiggrin:

I'll also get to work on Mayumi meeting Serzel and Mei soon. Thankfully, she'll be a lot more likely to leave them alone after her meeting with Elder, where she learned that not all Hollows are necessarily mindless monsters. Also thankfully Mei is probably the nicest of the Espada.

KnightDisciple
2011-04-21, 06:18 PM
I kind of like strawberryman's small plot idea. I think it'd be a good chance for the kids to get a bit more field experience, bond as a group, bring in a couple more (such as Rez, Izumi, and Sora), and so on.

horngeek
2011-04-21, 06:37 PM
Gah. Same here.

Missed it, sorry. Not sure how to fix my posts, though...

The Librarian
2011-04-22, 12:03 AM
Osamu, Invasion Day (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYTGpoLMsH8)

"Then I shall await your return with baited breath." Osamu says with a solemn nod to his old friend, a hidden smile twitching on his face as he gives another nod to one of the 5th Division members in the foreground to cut the transmission. Jikkousu pushes her seat back as the large screen in Ryuunosuke Castle goes dark, letting out a breath she hadn't known she'd been holding. Apparently being under the scrutiny of her superior officer and family head had being weighing on her nerves more then the embarrassed young woman had thought!

"Well there you have it Vice Captain, I doubt my grandfather would be nonchalant if the Seireitei was in true danger." she says brightly, standing up authoritatively, "Is there something else that we can help you with here or will you be on your way?"

===============================================

Wrinkled hands lifted a zanpakuto just an inch above the ground before tapping it down, the loud noise echoing in the 5th Division central chamber though it doesn't draw any notice. There was far too much important work being carried out for Osamu to garner much attention beyond the two women of his household flanking him.

"Is something wrong Jiji?"

"Heh, that Goto boy is as headstrong as I was when I was that young. The Seireitei needs more men like him around these days." Osamu murmurs to himself as he slouches a bit in his comfortable chair, there was no need to strain his back with proper posture if there wasn't anyone to appreciate the gesture in the first place! "Niwa-chan, make a note to send my approval of Hirokatsu as a captain to the Captain Commander, it should help to ease the process of selecting a replacement for the 9th Division."

"Of course ojii-san." the woman on his right says dutifully, quickly noting it down on a notepad pulled from the sleeve of her shihakusho. The message would be dispatched soon, though how quickly Ryouichi got it was another matter entirely.

Osamu was still smiling when he began to cough hoarsely, reaching up to quickly cover his mouth as his back heaved. Watery blue eyes grow a bit hazy as he doubles over, feeling a dampness on the back of his closed fist.

Blood.

"Jiji!"

"Ojii-san!"

"Osamu-tachou!"

"*cough* *cough* What *cough* do you all think you are doing?! Stay at your stations!" He roars through his coughing fit as numerous 5th Division officials turn towards him, worry clear on their faces at the sight of their captain coughing up blood. As his two attendants quickly rest their hands on his arms and shoulders, gently leaning him back, he speaks once more though in a far gentler tone. "Niwa, Kamiko, help me up. It's time."

At his words, the women share a despairing look but nod soundlessly as they help their ancestor to his feet, acting as his support as he proudly exited the 5th Division comm center to the accompanying, if slightly more frantic, noise of his Division at work. They'd been trained well, he had no reason to fear for their fate. However, as they travel through the halls of 5th Division, the ailing old man attracts more and more attention from concerned members of his family who silently fall into line behind him, forming a solemn retinue as Osamu leads them out into one of the many gardens that house the Hell Butterflies. Kamiko and Niwa help him along the paved path to one of the small meadows ringed by flower bushes and a cherry blossom tree that he had planted himself centuries ago. Only here does he wave them off, stumbling forwards until he can gingerly lower himself down with his back against the tree.

Hello my old friend...it seems you shall outlive me after all... he thinks fondly as one rough hand slides along the smooth bark, still smiling as he begins to cough once more. Already a white glow has begun to emanate from his body as his reiryoku began to break apart and merge with his surroundings. The sight causes several members of the Ryuunosuke household to gasp, tears coming to many of their eyes. Osamu had been many things to all of them. Grandfather, mentor, confidant, but above all else...he had always been there. The Seireitei itself had changed and grown but Osamu had always seemed to be the same, the single unchanging feature

...and now he was dying (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWPV1osJcQI&feature=related). As if they too sensed what was happening, the Hell Butterflies flew in close and alighted upon Osamu's body as it grew still and the life fled from him, zanpakuto laid out across his lap with one hand on it's hilt as if ready for battle even now. Perhaps that's how he had dreamed of dying, in battle, but now...with the content smile on his face as his body disintegrated into reishi, all there knew.

He was dying happy. Content with his accomplishments and how he had served. As the Ryuunosuke house fell to their knees, many weeping for the elder they had lost, they also knew that he finally returned to the cycle of reincarnation that he had fought and bled to defend.

...Wow. I actually pictured this scene in my head, and I felt pretty bad. Callos, we are truly losing a great RP member in our little group. I do hope that you do return someday, because I take great joy in reading posts like the ones above.

Dorizzit
2011-04-22, 08:51 PM
I kind of like strawberryman's small plot idea. I think it'd be a good chance for the kids to get a bit more field experience, bond as a group, bring in a couple more (such as Rez, Izumi, and Sora), and so on.

I concur. It is an intriguing plot idea.

Kuroimaken
2011-04-22, 10:07 PM
Make it dramatic. I need a reason to have Hasunaga kick his stubborness to the curb about training the kids.

EDIT: In addition, while looking for a quick link for a little something I needed, I found this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O96oY3wS7uo&feature=related)

Enjoy it. I know I do.

horngeek
2011-04-23, 12:12 AM
<.<
>.>

What seat was Kagome before Draken's modsoul took her over?

Draken
2011-04-23, 12:48 AM
Sevententh I think. She had shikai, but wasn't really all that strong. Naraku just gave her [corpse] a boost.

horngeek
2011-04-23, 12:58 AM
And I forget, did Naraku ever tell Natsuko his name?

Draken
2011-04-23, 08:05 AM
I don't think so.

tgva8889
2011-04-24, 02:24 AM
Still dealing with crap. Sorry. :smalleek: :smallsigh:

If anyone playing Quincies is willing/capable of teaching Kina, drop me a PM and we'll hash things out.

Draken
2011-04-24, 12:42 PM
I do believe that would have to be either Kayne or...

Or...

I forgot your username. The player of the american quincy who runs around with Izumi.

Wahrheit
2011-04-24, 08:01 PM
That'd be me.

However, I'm likely not going to be up for anything for the next two or three days. A personal situation came up with a good friend of mine and I'm too emotionally drained to do my best RPing.

tgva8889
2011-04-24, 08:40 PM
That'd be me.

However, I'm likely not going to be up for anything for the next two or three days. A personal situation came up with a good friend of mine and I'm too emotionally drained to do my best RPing.

Pfft. Training Kina is, like, set for at least 2.5 months in the future. No need to worry. Take all the time in the world if you're feeling drained. I know EXACTLY how you feel. :smallsigh:

Edge
2011-04-27, 02:17 PM
*shuffles back into the thread in a state of embarrassment*

Err... hey. Long time no see.

My absence from GiTP and the internet in general was due to my laptop deciding to have its motherboard overheat, and it will be a while before I get its repaired self back from the manufacturer. For thenext few days, though I have access to my desktop here at home, before I return to uni.

So, umm, the last thing I vaguely remember was the disruption attack on the Seireitei being underway. What did I miss?

riccaru
2011-04-27, 02:49 PM
*shuffles back into the thread in a state of embarrassment*

Err... hey. Long time no see.

My absence from GiTP and the internet in general was due to my laptop deciding to have its motherboard overheat, and it will be a while before I get its repaired self back from the manufacturer. For thenext few days, though I have access to my desktop here at home, before I return to uni.

So, umm, the last thing I vaguely remember was the disruption attack on the Seireitei being underway. What did I miss?

The entire attack on Seretei:smalleek:. Now it's pretty much on clean up duty. No one knows what's become of Kujo, either.

Kuroimaken
2011-04-29, 04:31 PM
BAD TUMBLEWEED! Bad!

KnightDisciple
2011-04-29, 07:11 PM
BAD TUMBLEWEED! Bad!Hm. I suppose I do owe you a post in Soul Society. Yoshi's going to be sleeping like a rock for a bit, so I won't post with him yet.

Kaito's still waiting on a reply fromVal.

Josiah...hm. I need to figure out shenanigans for him. Preferably that involve his armor.

Vicente...well, considering that Callos said Genny just up and left, that might put some crinkles in the plan that was being worked on. Which might just mean an opportunity for Vicente. :smallamused: (Note: I don't mean the Primera slot.)

Kuroimaken
2011-04-30, 07:42 AM
Let's run a quick summary of my characters.

Soushi: Ready for his tongue-lashing. :smalltongue:

Kazuma: Still working in the past with the reptile and the weird clingy prisoner.

Serazel: Pretty much done talking to Mayumi, Viatrix is next.

Rouga: Training Pico.

Reiji: Waiting for Kaito to finish his phone call so he can bring the Watanabes safely to his home and have a chat with the boy.

Hasunaga: still waiting on that date!

With that said, I have two characters who have yet to be introduced - Subject 1864 and Shishiou Tsukikage. I'm accepting suggestions about that.

KnightDisciple
2011-04-30, 08:15 AM
And it looks like anyone of sufficient strength in the Mortal World may be busy now. As will people from Soul Society, since I'm sure someone is watching the Mortal World. Because while Garganta could be made stealthy, I'm pretty sure there's no way to make pulsing your reiatsu very stealthy.

EDIT: That said, it might be a good way to cut the call off and get Kaito's family moving to some modicum of "shelter". And give Josiah something to do.

Also, unless otherwise told so by Callos, I'm going to assume Genoveva has already left, perhaps leaving notice with the Ghost King and no others, or some such. Because I want to do something with Vicente, and have an idea of what to do.

Callos_DeTerran
2011-04-30, 09:26 AM
She hasn't left yet. I haven't figured out how I want her to leave yet.

KnightDisciple
2011-04-30, 09:27 AM
Oh. Hrm. Kind of puts my plans on hold, then. :smallsigh:

EDI: To make it clear, in case this somehow affects what you're going to do, I had planned for Vicente to basically seize control of the project Genny started. Meaning he sets the deadlines, he controls production, and he controls distribution. All approved by the Ghost King, of course. But the catalyst would have to be knowledge that the current Primera bugged out.

I realize you said you were pretty much burnt out, but it would kind of help if we could get this moving; I want to try giving a bit more life to the Hueco Mundo thread. To do so, I need to know what's gonna happen with this.

riccaru
2011-04-30, 02:58 PM
And it looks like anyone of sufficient strength in the Mortal World may be busy now. As will people from Soul Society, since I'm sure someone is watching the Mortal World. Because while Garganta could be made stealthy, I'm pretty sure there's no way to make pulsing your reiatsu very stealthy.

EDIT: That said, it might be a good way to cut the call off and get Kaito's family moving to some modicum of "shelter". And give Josiah something to do.

Also, unless otherwise told so by Callos, I'm going to assume Genoveva has already left, perhaps leaving notice with the Ghost King and no others, or some such. Because I want to do something with Vicente, and have an idea of what to do.

Soul Society's a bit busy, not to mention anyone who could do something about it is tied up at the moment. Not that Sereg knows that, but the thirteenth is hurting for big guns at the moment.

KnightDisciple
2011-04-30, 03:01 PM
Soul Society's a bit busy, not to mention anyone who could do something about it is tied up at the moment. Not that Sereg knows that, but the thirteenth is hurting for big guns at the moment.The 12th is likely still monitoring the Mortal World. It'd be negligent not to, and it's not like they got blown up or anything. And even if the 13th is low on higher-ranked members, there are 12 other Divisions, with several Captains in at least decent fighting shape. If he's not hiding his presence, I'd think it's safe to say someone is going to notice. And then tell someone else. And then something may well happen.

Draken
2011-04-30, 03:40 PM
I was thinking back today and noticed I made a critical mistake in Las Noches for this game.

I gave every espada their own little (ok, massive) palace in their own little (fine, titanic) sector.

Why is this a critical mistake? Because it splits the main characters of Hueco Mundo apart (Hueco Mundo has pretty much always been about court games). Hueco Mundo was active in the last game because everyone was cramped in the Royal Palace 90% of the time. I will have to do something to bring that dynamic back.

KnightDisciple
2011-04-30, 03:52 PM
I was thinking back today and noticed I made a critical mistake in Las Noches for this game.

I gave every espada their own little (ok, massive) palace in their own little (fine, titanic) sector.

Why is this a critical mistake? Because it splits the main characters of Hueco Mundo apart (Hueco Mundo has pretty much always been about court games). Hueco Mundo was active in the last game because everyone was cramped in the Royal Palace 90% of the time. I will have to do something to bring that dynamic back.I'm sure you could justify forcing them all to move. Perhaps recent changes in who's in what position have made you rectify this mistake?

Kuroimaken
2011-04-30, 04:05 PM
Maybe it has come to the Ghost King's attention that his Espada and their respective Fraccion are much too prone to acting like children in his immediate absence, and thus decides to punish them by having them hang out in the Royal Palace until ordered otherwise?

KnightDisciple
2011-04-30, 06:04 PM
My post in MW (the latter part, mostly) is open for any SWORD members to jump in on; I figure that group needs at least a bit more action and character introductions.

I won't kick anything off in SS yet, but I do still think someone ought to see what's going on soon-ish.

Frozen_Feet
2011-04-30, 07:15 PM
A notice: as you might have noticed from my lack of posting past week, I'm out of motivation and out of inspiration to do anything with or for the game. As such, I'll be taking an indeterminably long break. No, I don't have any directions to give you for my characters, and don't come asking for any. I won't be checking or updating the registry, and I sure as hell aren't going to update the "story so far" listing - someone should darn well pick up the slack.

KnightDisciple
2011-04-30, 08:03 PM
At this point, it might be good to take stock of where we stand. Between people just drifting away, and definite breaks/leavings/whatever, it feels like our roster's taken a hit.

If I may be so bold, I'd like to ask who's still trying to be active with this game. It may take some time for those with more erratic personal schedules to post, and I realize that.

Anyways. I am still trying to be active around here.

horngeek
2011-04-30, 08:14 PM
I'm still trying to be active, but stuff is going on and I need responses in MW and SS.

...I do need to post with Mei, though. I'll get on that ASAP.

HirokatsuGoto
2011-04-30, 08:25 PM
i am active and plan to be as long as people will RP with me

At this point, it might be good to take stock of where we stand. Between people just drifting away, and definite breaks/leavings/whatever, it feels like our roster's taken a hit.

If I may be so bold, I'd like to ask who's still trying to be active with this game. It may take some time for those with more erratic personal schedules to post, and I realize that.

Anyways. I am still trying to be active around here.

Kuroimaken
2011-04-30, 08:31 PM
I'll take a defibrilator the size of Mos Eisley to this game's chest if I have to.

Goddammit, it feels like every time I get involved with something cool, it dies. I'm not having that.

Dorizzit
2011-04-30, 09:04 PM
I'm still here, I just haven't felt like I've had much chance to do anything with my characters.

strawberryman
2011-04-30, 09:33 PM
I can't say for sure, to be quite honest. Some things have changed in my life, and it's hard to get the motivation to post. But if I do decide to leave, I will do what I can to close any loose ends.

Terry576
2011-04-30, 09:38 PM
I suppose I'm still part of this. But we update about the same pace as a speeding snail, which is quite a dilemma.

But yeah Draken, just make everyone move into the palace. Why? You don't get to ask why, the Ghost King is the leader.

Draken
2011-04-30, 10:45 PM
I do believe the slowness of the game is starting to wear on most of us. It just doesn't feel that fun when everything is so bloody slow.

I will work on doing some IC changes on Las Noches... And make the official cleanup for the espada roster. As well as start taking official applicants for...

Novena, Tercera and Primera.

Oh that is gonna take a long post. And I am afraid what I plan to do will be slightly on the OP end of Von Geister's bioengineering powers.

I will say he ate Pan and Arcelia to muster the energy to do it. Hehehe. Time to remodel the city with Soberano de La Evolucion.

InyutheBeatIs
2011-04-30, 11:05 PM
Okay. Here to say that I'm still in and throw in Pico's application for, at least, Novena.

Also, as for Hasunaga and his date, Carmelia's still waiting for Viatrix to make her Gigai so she doesn't have to worry about being eaten. Or should she get booted through into the Mortal World conveniently? Actually, scratch that. A better question would be if she should come through at all, as I have an idea as to why she'll show up.

Kuroimaken
2011-04-30, 11:48 PM
Rouga sez you gotta complete your training first, boyo.

Also, Frozen... I really hope you come back soon.

Kayne650
2011-05-01, 12:23 AM
I'm still active, and am actually trying to write a post for Mayumi and Vincent to respond to recent Mortal World events. My current slowness is still due to school problems, but I do want to see this thing through.

Regarding the Samsara, I'd like it if everyone who's playing a Samsara character would send me a PM, I want to make sure I know who's playing who in our little gang that apparently belongs to me now. I'd like to go ahead and get that started soon after school ends, in a desperate attempt to shock some life into this RP.

Terry576
2011-05-01, 12:25 AM
Shame that FF is on a hiatus, cause he was part of a plot with Sora.

Who wants to take Elder's place to go tell Sora to stop being a crazypants? I think that Silva does!

Kuroimaken
2011-05-01, 09:32 AM
Hey, Hasunaga could always dig up more embarassing pictures of Sora to help him straighten up his act.

HirokatsuGoto
2011-05-01, 03:50 PM
if there is going to be a bunch of changes in positions and ranks etc. should we perhaps jump forward a specific amount of time?

that would allow a fresh start to some degree as well as limiting a bunch of exposition RP to get through the changes...brief exposition after the jump woudl be necessary to some degree, but each player could take care of it in their initial RP posts...

if we wanted to do that Zombie idea it might make for a good place to jump back into a timeline

what are the current storylines going on that woudl need to be finished up before a time skip?

also...as Callos is gone...what woudl happen to the Fraccion of the Primera? I am one of them and i can try to RP somethign out or if there is a skip in time he coudl end up wherever... just asking is all

also...if it wasnt clear through his RP i would like to apply for 9th Cpt with Hirokatsu Goto

if Hirokatsu was granted Cpt then i would apply for Taro as Lt of 10th as well..or as Lt of another division if we are in need...

i know we have rules on who plays what types of characters...but not having players in certain roles does dimish the ability to RP in the Gotei to some degree...i dont like the idea of people playing multiple Cpt roles or anything, but not having anyone in those roles at all does stagnate the possibilities...

if the Central 5 want to make generic characters to fill those spots and hand them out to peopel to NPC until someone made a PC character for it or something that woudl work as well... even the "deaths" of those blanket NPC characters would be of some cool RP as well... (ranging from somethign simple liek a death from old age, promotion to zero division, self sacrifice to stop a bad guy, death in battle, all the way to somethign short to explain a new antagonist or situation...ie..Samsara, Bount, Zombies, whatever really)

disposable characters can have their uses both for filling gaps until membership comes along as well as for RP exposition and RP advancement

sorry to babble.... just trying to help is all

KnightDisciple
2011-05-01, 04:02 PM
I think we should hold off on any large timeskips in the immediate sense. Right now, we need to take stock of our playerbase, and hash out just what we want to do.

Also, I'd rather have "empty" slots than having people playing 2-3 Captains/Vice-Captains. The same applies for Espada (though Fraccion are inexact enough in rank that having some isn't as big of a deal).

HirokatsuGoto
2011-05-01, 04:13 PM
that makes sense KD...which is why i brought up the idea of player run generic NPCs for main positions just so people could RP their characters in certain divisions...since the Gotei is a military and orders are usually how people are placed into RP situations..

but i defintiely understand taking a moment to figure out who we have and what we all want to do...

maybe if we prepared for a timeskip by tying up RP it could provide an opportunity to restart with what comes of that "hashing out" you referred to

I think we should hold off on any large timeskips in the immediate sense. Right now, we need to take stock of our playerbase, and hash out just what we want to do.

Also, I'd rather have "empty" slots than having people playing 2-3 Captains/Vice-Captains. The same applies for Espada (though Fraccion are inexact enough in rank that having some isn't as big of a deal).

Kuroimaken
2011-05-01, 05:41 PM
I believe it might also behoove us to seek out potentially interested players. As each of us happens to be fairly prolific players, I'm sure we've run into other people with a similar interest in freeform. The game is STILL open to all, so if anyone wants to invite, now's the time.

tgva8889
2011-05-01, 05:44 PM
I dunno why the glacial pace occurred initially, but it is the intrinsic problem that needs to be fixed. It's bad when I say I want to play, then realize that it's been a week and I still haven't really needed to post anything.

Shades of Gray
2011-05-01, 06:10 PM
I'm still here, but with nothing to post in any more (now that Callos and Frozen left; Yuudai, Gwen, and Anita really have lost a major part of their character)

This leaves me with Paramonos, Eirene, and Yuudai if I decide to keep him.

KnightDisciple
2011-05-01, 07:04 PM
I dunno why the glacial pace occurred initially, but it is the intrinsic problem that needs to be fixed. It's bad when I say I want to play, then realize that it's been a week and I still haven't really needed to post anything.Well, the problem is we've had several people who seemed to not feel like posting this week, as well as two very important role-players quit (and berry's not as active by his own admission). It's just one of those weeks. Which is why I said we need to take our bearings, so we can dive back in with more force and speed.

HirokatsuGoto
2011-05-01, 08:06 PM
is Frozen totally gone? may be i just cant read between the lines well enough

....regardless, what's the next step in figuring how to go forward?

wait a week to see who responds about wantring to be active? im just curious is all...

KnightDisciple
2011-05-01, 08:38 PM
On FF: I dunno. Maybe he'll be back. I'm assuming he's ditched us for realz.

On figuring out where we are: Some of that is letting a few of the more minor plots currently ongoing wrap up. Some of it is seeing who all still wants to take part. Some is seeing if we can get some good new blood in the short-term.

Kuroimaken
2011-05-01, 11:02 PM
I can't speak for Frozen, but I don't think he's left in a definitive fashion. As per his own words, he wouldn't leave his characters without tying the appropriate loose ends.

Anyway, I think one of our initial priorities should be to find new players. Not only is our roster severely diminished at the moment (seriously, we've got three Espada spots and well over half of the Divisions Captain-less), some fresh ideas could be a big help. Thus far the most I could suggest to get the ball rolling again was a zombie-like plot, and I'm afraid that's a little unimaginative, even for me.

Kasanip
2011-05-02, 12:07 AM
I think that there must be new story for Mortal World thread. It would be nice to see more small stories too I think. It seems to have a big story is difficult to have everyone participate in always.

tgva8889
2011-05-02, 04:06 AM
I'm not talking about current glacial pace, I'm talking about OVERALL glacial pace. The game has ALWAYS been slow, and that's a problem that needs addressing because if we don't and we just try to address current slowness, we will just hit another roadblock. We lost players before now, players who were very involved originally, because of the glacial pace, who were involved from the start. I feel that we should really address the main problem of slowness in the game.

I really don't want this game to die because I'm only as good a writer and roleplayer as I am (well, decent, maybe not that good) because of this game. I think recent events have led me to believe the in-game slowness is a much larger problematic issue, one that we aren't solving and one that needs to be targeted, addressed, and solved by the community. I mean, should I really be considered an "active player" considering that I post seriously maybe once or twice a week? At the pace that this game has been moving, that level of posting is enough, which is saddening.

Yes, I do also agree that we need to build recruitment, Kuroimaken. But new players are not going to be able to easily join this game at the slow pace it operates. Plots are unclear and relatively restricted currently. There is not an easy entry point. When I joined the previous game, there was no easy entry point. I actually just decided to take a sledgehammer and bash one in. Not everyone is going to do that. We need that entry point to exist.

I dunno. I don't have many great ideas in a typeable form (it's very late I should be asleep) but we do need to address problems in the game.

If we are looking for a plot, we need something that can involve 1) a wide majority of characters with 2) minimal reliance on any specific characters to move the plot along. Can we, like, have a festival or something? Have people come up with their own things to do for the festival, and just do it.

Kuroimaken
2011-05-02, 07:58 AM
One question.

Should we start demanding a certain posting frequency of people?

Dorizzit
2011-05-02, 08:31 AM
The problem with that is, what if they have nothing they can do?

horngeek
2011-05-02, 08:42 AM
Absolutely not. The problem pointed out in the above post is the least of the issues with that idea.

Kuroimaken
2011-05-02, 09:54 AM
Just checking. I would actually be surprised if anyone said yes.

HirokatsuGoto
2011-05-02, 10:05 AM
as much as i am a proponent of a posting time limit... i dont think it will work too well with all the varying schedules for people on here....if we were starting all over...we could recruit those who WANT a timelimit and then it would be ok..but as we are tryign to revamp what we are doing it seems unfair

having said that, i think if you are active in a RP, replying to posts involving you within 3 days i dont think is too much to ask...and if that is not able to be accommodated communication to parties involved within that timeframe seems the respectful thing to do..(whether to them directly or in the OOC)

if you are gonna be gone, or dont have time one week..we all get that...but just not replying for weeks at a time cant be seen as respectful IMO

I dunno...

while basic plots and stories may be just that...basic..they also allow for RP to go on...

spitballing ideas:

-perhaps an "Academy or training style" RP for new Soul society Gotei members...giving classes or short sidetrips to train young Shinigami... if you are a young Shinigami then you get to participate in training...if you are an officer then you get to lead these training missions... someone invovled chooses to be temporary GM of the event

-division RPs, in light of new membership and new people in new positions...the CC demands division wide training...commanding officers take their divisions out for training and do so in the way they each see fit...the ranking officer is the GM...and RPs with the people in their division..if they have none in their division..they RP with NPC's that they run themselves or if someone else wants to play one they can do so...this allows for each division to do what they are specialized to do

-festival fun...CC orders a festival to to be done each division to have a station....CC invites any other friends of the Gotei as well...

-mortal world Ski trip...class trip to a mountain for the weekend...a couple killable hollow disrupt the ski trip...

-draken''s reorganization of Las Noches...espada have to be aroudn each other way more..."court" feel

-etc. etc.

Draken
2011-05-02, 10:13 AM
One problem we have is an utter lack of any IC sense of urgency, I am afraid. Seireitei has... This one villain who had two players so far, both of which disconnected from the game (one permanently, one possibly temporarily), Las Noches has the stunted court intrigues I am going to adress shortly. Mortal world... It is the one that is moving the most.

We really need some real conflict. Something more widespread, more open. Perhaps Sereg's latest intrusion in the mortal world is the needed spark. Some serious dimensional conflict could come from an escalation of that one individual act by all different factions.

riccaru
2011-05-02, 10:52 AM
One problem we have is an utter lack of any IC sense of urgency, I am afraid. Seireitei has... This one villain who had two players so far, both of which disconnected from the game (one permanently, one possibly temporarily), Las Noches has the stunted court intrigues I am going to adress shortly. Mortal world... It is the one that is moving the most.

We really need some real conflict. Something more widespread, more open. Perhaps Sereg's latest intrusion in the mortal world is the needed spark. Some serious dimensional conflict could come from an escalation of that one individual act by all different factions.

We have the makings of a mexican standoff, so to speak. Sereg doesn't have any reason to kill beyond "he wants to" and SWORD probably won't try to put him down so close to the city. Add to that Crossdale and we have the three high-power factions right there. If a student were to come into things as well...:smallwink:

HirokatsuGoto
2011-05-02, 12:06 PM
i agree Draken...however when discussing new membership, a big conflict type of RP may make for it to be hard for them to join in without it disrupting whatever RP is going on. Tellign them to "just jump in", or "start something on your own" will only shy them away.

I am ALL FOR an antagonist or large plot to have some serious drama...though if we are trying to recruit, we also need to have character introducing and building RP available for new AND old players/characters.

We all want cool stuff to happen, i know i do, but i also want to just RP my characters and building their personalities and relationships with other characters and players.

i dont think it is an either/or argument, i am sure there is a happy middle to appease old and new players. I just think that the older players are probably gonna have to do some RP that isnt their first choice for RP, if we are hoping to bring in new blood to the game.

i like RP for that reason, i like RPing to help someone else's character, finding a way to move something forward in my own, but i like the push and pull of RP...as long as i get to let my character get to be important from time to time i am happy

Way i see it, if yo uwant to RP a big important person, then yo uare gonna have to be extra active and dilligent abuot RPing with all the people invovling you.

You wanna be a Captain?, then expect to need to be active and care enough to RP out training and caring for your your whole division (NPC or PC) making sure you do your job to move those players characters forward, then you also need to be a active as it needs to respond with RP to any conflict or situations associated with that division, then and only then should you try to do your own RP for your character.

If ya wanna be a leader then ya gotta be active enough to RP "leading", not just wielding cool swords and wearing fancy robes.

If ya only want to show up once a week around here and RP a few little things, maybe a simple low powered or low ranked person is best for your RP desires as a player. It isnt disrespectful to RP that way, it is just what YOU want. But if you want to be a leader of others, then expect to NEED to be active for all of THEIR RP...it doesnt have to be a job, but you cant leave stragglers or new members to their own devices...or you arent doing your RP job

I am sure that is an oversimplification, and may not work for every character type but i think it does hold some truth.

Kuroimaken
2011-05-02, 12:53 PM
This is why I suggested the "zombie" miniplot approach. It doesn't depend on anyone specific, anyone can NPC the "zombies" (ultimately the Big Bad(s?) are there for exposition purposes), and it gets players moving.

This only directly addresses the Mortal World, however.

Suggestions for Soul Society (since Draken is already addressing court intrigue):

- Waves of wild Hollows. Same basic principle, different protagonists.

- Kujo's remnants. At no point was it ever specified that Kujo and his invading entourage were the only members of his party (and, indeed, it was suggested the dude infiltrated SS's ranks before). We'll need Frozen's permission to run this one, out of courtesy if nothing else.

- Central 46 access is mysteriously cut off from Soul Society, access-wise and communications-wise. Small-scale localized incidents start taking place near the locations being rebuilt. Paranoia spikes as rumors fly about of mind-controlled Shinigami kidnapping members of the rank and file and "converting" them for some nefarious and unknown purpose. Potentially, riots break out as the unseated blame the ongoing crisis on a lack of urgency on the part of their commanding officers (since they're more likely to be protected in the long run). The lack of discernible command as numerous divisions are left with only acting officials or get outright routinely commanded by third seats and below only further complicates matters.

Kasanip
2011-05-02, 07:23 PM
HirokatsuGoto: When did you want to do student picture story?

There is nothing for students to do right now, so maybe it is ok for this. But I don't know what you want to do for such a story too. :smallredface:

riccaru
2011-05-02, 09:11 PM
So, are any of the mortal world kids going to hop into the scene with Sereg? Show them that there's big bad mean people just outside their lives? I think it would instill an IC sense of urgency to become stronger.

KnightDisciple
2011-05-02, 09:18 PM
So, are any of the mortal world kids going to hop into the scene with Sereg? Show them that there's big bad mean people just outside their lives? I think it would instill an IC sense of urgency to become stronger.I don't know about the others, but Kaito knows when he's absurdly outmatched. He's running away from the stupid-powerful Hollow signature.

KerfuffleMach2
2011-05-02, 09:34 PM
Shame that FF is on a hiatus, cause he was part of a plot with Sora.

Who wants to take Elder's place to go tell Sora to stop being a crazypants? I think that Silva does!

...yeah, sounds like something she'd do.

Sorry bout lack of posting recently. Lotta stuff going on between work and school and stuff. Gonna work on getting back in this more.

KnightDisciple
2011-05-02, 10:42 PM
All of Josiah's gear is in his reg entry, but I'll post the special weapons he has equipped right now anyways.

M-137: A handheld, if bulky, gatling gun. Can either be supplied with bullets, or a spirit dial. Typically attached to a shoulder harness.

M-3: A flamethrower that can have a spirit dial attached to supply energy. If an element dial is attached, depending on the element, it can create an alternative blast. Typically attached to an arm mount.

Brant SRL: A large gun with a long, glowing barrel, reminiscent of a rocket launcher. Fires rockets that absorb reiatsu to create an explosion. While it scales with stronger opponents, it caps at about the level of a mid-level kido without incantation. Typically attached to a shoulder harness.

Kasanip
2011-05-02, 11:49 PM
So, are any of the mortal world kids going to hop into the scene with Sereg? Show them that there's big bad mean people just outside their lives? I think it would instill an IC sense of urgency to become stronger.

There is no reason to do it I think.

Already they know there are big bad mean people outside their lives. Also it seems to be SWORD team battle.

It is not possible to fight in the sky for Sayaka anyway.

tgva8889
2011-05-03, 01:20 AM
By the way, unless FF says otherwise, I was under the impression that Kujo was dead.

I am willing to use one of my characters to spark a Sereitei plot. I have a character who is literally a transdimensional assassin, for whom I have no particular emotional attachment and who exists for the purpose of causing plot to happen for anyone who desires it to happen.

Also, having the "Cold War" may be bad for the game, because as Draken has noticed we have a lack of urgency. The fight between Las Noches and Sereitei created natural urgency before because you never knew when one side would just show up and start wrecking things.

riccaru
2011-05-03, 01:45 AM
By the way, unless FF says otherwise, I was under the impression that Kujo was dead.

I am willing to use one of my characters to spark a Sereitei plot. I have a character who is literally a transdimensional assassin, for whom I have no particular emotional attachment and who exists for the purpose of causing plot to happen for anyone who desires it to happen.

Also, having the "Cold War" may be bad for the game, because as Draken has noticed we have a lack of urgency. The fight between Las Noches and Sereitei created natural urgency before because you never knew when one side would just show up and start wrecking things.

Either team showing up without an escape in mind is tantamount to suicide. Even Genoveva would have been taken down eventually if she stayed. For now the playing field is the mortal world, where both sides have to have some forethought and a little finesse in order to keep the others from escalating the engagement, which would possibly lead to full on war in the mortal world. Which would obviously benefit the Hollows more, due to the mass amounts of mortal death in the area.

horngeek
2011-05-03, 03:57 AM
Guys, just tell me if either post of mine needs editing.

Kuroimaken
2011-05-03, 07:03 AM
Not Kujo, tgva, but rather his agents. Basically, use the batcrap insane cult aspect of it for his infiltrated agents to go "no, he cannot be dead! STOP LYINGBOOOOOOOOM".

Dorizzit
2011-05-03, 07:22 AM
Guys, just tell me if either post of mine needs editing.

Allan already sent in a call for backup, but if that isn't a problem, I have no objections.

horngeek
2011-05-03, 07:30 AM
Ah. So, the Mortal World post isn't needed. At least the part near Sereg.

The Soul Society post still applies. :smalltongue:

Kuroimaken
2011-05-03, 08:06 AM
I need to do something with Kazuma.

Anyone up for a semi-random Hollow attack somewhere besides Sereg's location?

Kazuma was actually supposed to show some badass moves back at the Maggot's Nest, but THAT flew out the window. :smallsigh:

strawberryman
2011-05-03, 12:17 PM
Well I will try to get some posts up today. Feeling a mite more motivated.

As for proposed hollow attacks, perhaps as Val is going home?

horngeek
2011-05-03, 03:19 PM
Actually, good question here: how widely known is Karite's Hollowfication?

This guy only knows because it's his specific job to keep track of Natsuko and Karite in case of a Strike Team call.

HirokatsuGoto
2011-05-03, 04:18 PM
Kasanip,
Well, i think it doesnt have to be a big deal type of RP. Just a a day at school where they take photos of all the classes and maybe individual shots.

My character Izanagi, still doesnt know much about what is going on spiritually. He has a magic camera now to take pictures of spiritual things. He still feels pretty alone though, only knowing Viatrix to be anything similar to him. He has felt alone his whole life, meeting some school kids that may be able to relate may be a fun RP.

He is a bit older than them, but maybe he can be "cute" to one oft he girls or "cool" by one of the guys, and they may be interested in him enough to talk through what THEY are going through as well as what my character is going through.

I figure he could show up at the school to take the photo's. the classes or individuals could show up in the auditorium or some place where my character is set up to take the photos. Then in some way they and he will realize the other/s have spiritual powers or something. Maybe a bunch of narcissistic souls who died recently show up wanting their pictures taken. both Izanagi and the kids would see...and lead to discussion and maybe friendship.

The fact that Izanagi woudl undoubtedly take the photo's of these kids back to show Viatrix as he agreed with her, woudl be a side plot maybe in case somethign was unique to any of the kids. Izanagi is still dumb to it all so he may not think anything of "good" people or "bad" people...he's just ignorant to it all at this point.

I dunno though...your thoughts?

Anyone else's thoughts?

it doesn't have to be a big deal or anything, might be fun is all.

at some point i woudl want to work out Izanagi's powers perhaps...something paralleling the concept of camera's "trapping the soul" of those it takes pictures of....not sure how it would work though...i'd love to hear all of your thoughts

HirokatsuGoto: When did you want to do student picture story?

There is nothing for students to do right now, so maybe it is ok for this. But I don't know what you want to do for such a story too. :smallredface:

Kuroimaken
2011-05-03, 06:46 PM
Quick question: is Vincent allowing Eighteen 30% more power than he is normally allowed, or 30% total? (30% is the upper limit of what Subject 1864 is allowed to release at his own discretion.)

tgva8889
2011-05-03, 08:04 PM
Not Kujo, tgva, but rather his agents. Basically, use the batcrap insane cult aspect of it for his infiltrated agents to go "no, he cannot be dead! STOP LYINGBOOOOOOOOM".

I know, I was merely stating Kujo's status as far as I was aware.

Either team showing up without an escape in mind is tantamount to suicide. Even Genoveva would have been taken down eventually if she stayed. For now the playing field is the mortal world, where both sides have to have some forethought and a little finesse in order to keep the others from escalating the engagement, which would possibly lead to full on war in the mortal world. Which would obviously benefit the Hollows more, due to the mass amounts of mortal death in the area.

Well, as the recent invasion proves, clearly escape plans are possible. I mean, Genoveva didn't get trapped. I'm just saying, the "lack of conflict" may be a problem that can be easily fixed.

Kuroimaken
2011-05-03, 08:20 PM
Here's the current situation.

First, capability wise, about... half the mortal cast, not counting SWORD, is pretty much completely unable to handle an all-out war situation. If they try, they get killed, it's that simple. So unless we want them all dead in a short span of time, the escalation needs to be just a liiiiiiiiiiiittle bit slower than that.

Second, as it is, SS is pretty much crippled right now. Hueco Mundo's forces are simply that much stronger at the moment (even if we consider that most of the Captains are out of the picture for OOC reasons, they just don't have the firepower to handle defense of Seireitei AND taking care of the Mortal World without slacking off on one or the other. This should allow the Wall plot to proceed somewhat smoothly, as far as justification goes).

Third, Genoveva's diversionary stunt was pretty much her own doing. If any degree of diplomacy is to be mantained, Von Geister can play the blame card on her. This does, however, present him with the opportunity to sense just how on the ropes as a whole SS is. So he has a reason to test their response time as far as the Mortal World is concerned. Testing the waters, as it were, shouldn't be too difficult a proposition, and allows for the conflict to escalate more slowly with the mortal cast involved. (Which makes Renee's designs for the kids progress that much more swiftly, but I digress.)

So here's a thought.

Step 1: SS sends a diplomatic emissary to Hueco Mundo to set up a meeting regarding Genoveva's role in the Kujo event.
Step 2: Meeting happens. Von Geister notices the Seireitei envoys are a little more shook up than they should be, considering they actually forced Genoveva's retreat with no casualties.
Step 3: Von Geister gathers a number of wild Hollows, sends them into the Mortal World for intelligence gathering (or simply has his wife provide them in some fashion; that's up to our beloved HM dictator Draken).
Step 4: :smallconfused::smallconfused::smallconfused:
Step 5: PLOT PROFIT!

Kuroimaken
2011-05-03, 08:25 PM
Small correction, Dorizzit - 1864 didn't actually fling himself at Sereg, he flung a tree branch at him. ^_^;;

Dorizzit
2011-05-03, 08:27 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about. Thank you for pointing that out.

Kuroimaken
2011-05-03, 09:04 PM
Naturally.

KnightDisciple
2011-05-03, 09:10 PM
Here's the current situation.

First, capability wise, about... half the mortal cast, not counting SWORD, is pretty much completely unable to handle an all-out war situation. If they try, they get killed, it's that simple. So unless we want them all dead in a short span of time, the escalation needs to be just a liiiiiiiiiiiittle bit slower than that.

Second, as it is, SS is pretty much crippled right now. Hueco Mundo's forces are simply that much stronger at the moment (even if we consider that most of the Captains are out of the picture for OOC reasons, they just don't have the firepower to handle defense of Seireitei AND taking care of the Mortal World without slacking off on one or the other. This should allow the Wall plot to proceed somewhat smoothly, as far as justification goes).

Third, Genoveva's diversionary stunt was pretty much her own doing. If any degree of diplomacy is to be mantained, Von Geister can play the blame card on her. This does, however, present him with the opportunity to sense just how on the ropes as a whole SS is. So he has a reason to test their response time as far as the Mortal World is concerned. Testing the waters, as it were, shouldn't be too difficult a proposition, and allows for the conflict to escalate more slowly with the mortal cast involved. (Which makes Renee's designs for the kids progress that much more swiftly, but I digress.)

So here's a thought.

Step 1: SS sends a diplomatic emissary to Hueco Mundo to set up a meeting regarding Genoveva's role in the Kujo event.
Step 2: Meeting happens. Von Geister notices the Seireitei envoys are a little more shook up than they should be, considering they actually forced Genoveva's retreat with no casualties.
Step 3: Von Geister gathers a number of wild Hollows, sends them into the Mortal World for intelligence gathering (or simply has his wife provide them in some fashion; that's up to our beloved HM dictator Draken).
Step 4: :smallconfused::smallconfused::smallconfused:
Step 5: PLOT PROFIT!I approve of this post and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Also, everyone: Roll a D6! (http://www.dorkly.com/embed/15030/roll-a-d6-dungeons-dragons-song)

Kuroimaken
2011-05-03, 09:28 PM
I could've sworn your address was already in our mailing list!

tgva8889
2011-05-03, 09:54 PM
Sounds like a plan! Who do we send as the envoys?

Hollows in the Mortal World sounds excellent, as it gives the kids a replacement plot of weaker but not harmless foes to fight. It'll be for this game what Uryu using the Hollow Bait was for canon! Maybe end it with a "big boss" that the kids will defeat but not kill?

KnightDisciple
2011-05-03, 09:57 PM
I'll offer Masaru up as a possible envoy. He's a friend of the Commander, he's old, respected, intelligent, soft-spoken, part of a (smaller) noble house...

Because, really, to meet with the Ghost King, you don't send fresh graduates from the Academy. You send someone who might, if it came to a fight, at least leave some scars.

tgva8889
2011-05-03, 10:04 PM
And Taiki is legitimately incapacitated.

I apologize for my lack of posting over the past year. I hope to make it up to everyone in this game. With the end of exams on the horizon for me (well, in 2 weeks but still!) I should begin posting more regularly. Hopefully I can be of some help in keeping our game together.

Notes to self: Write Taiki's Bio, write Ren Karashi's Character Registry Profile.

Kuroimaken
2011-05-03, 10:22 PM
I'll offer Masaru up as a possible envoy. He's a friend of the Commander, he's old, respected, intelligent, soft-spoken, part of a (smaller) noble house...

Because, really, to meet with the Ghost King, you don't send fresh graduates from the Academy. You send someone who might, if it came to a fight, at least leave some scars.

Think Soushi might be an appropriate addition to the entourage? :smallamused:

KnightDisciple
2011-05-03, 10:24 PM
Think Soushi might be an appropriate addition to the entourage? :smallamused:Why wouldn't Masaru take his trusted Vice-Captain? I'm thinking it could be after his punishment is over, after all. Masaru needs his keen, insightful mind to make sure things are on the up and up.

HirokatsuGoto
2011-05-03, 10:43 PM
Hirokatsu might be a decent addition to the envoy...not a threatening looking fellow with his umbrella and all...

Im curious to see what everyone's thoughts are on all these ideas...it seems liek we are accumulating quite a few right now...maybe we should just put it to a vote or something...or Central 5 can make a decision or something... whatever the process is

Kayne650
2011-05-03, 11:58 PM
@Kuroimaken: You were correct, I meant that he would be at 30% total. I think that I misread his power explanation and thought that 30% was the highest total that he'd ever been allowed to have so far, outside of purely testing situations.

riccaru
2011-05-04, 12:12 AM
There's to possible victims candidates in tenth right now. If there's one way to keep things clean and easy, it's to have your prisoners be sent on a mission with a high risk and then, you know, misplace them:smallamused:.

Tell them they can earn their place back into Seretei if they pull it off, either by themselves (Akio's a representative of the noble houses while Karite is a Vice-Captain. Not to mention they're both thirteenth members, which is arguably the division to do this), or with the other people who go(Masaru, Soushi, and them.)

tgva8889
2011-05-04, 12:17 AM
Actually, I was unaware that 10th was holding either of them. I thought their respective divisions were holding them. 10th can do it, I was just unaware they'd been officially tried and sentenced to 10th-operated prisons. I thought they were being held until further questioning or something of that nature. I mean, they were recently arrested, weren't they?

riccaru
2011-05-04, 12:45 AM
Actually, I was unaware that 10th was holding either of them. I thought their respective divisions were holding them. 10th can do it, I was just unaware they'd been officially tried and sentenced to 10th-operated prisons. I thought they were being held until further questioning or something of that nature. I mean, they were recently arrested, weren't they?

Yeah they were, I just thought they were being held on tenth grounds. All of our IC posts about it have been based on that, so:smallredface:. They're haven't had their trials, but they're being held there until further notice.

tgva8889
2011-05-04, 12:58 AM
Well that's fine. I was just unaware. Good stuff to know, that. :smallsmile:

Dorizzit
2011-05-04, 06:42 AM
riccaru, did Allan make contact with his attacks?

riccaru
2011-05-04, 11:31 AM
riccaru, did Allan make contact with his attacks?

*Reads post again.* >_> Yes. *goes to edit post for neglecting the shinigami*

Shinigami do the darndest things.:smallredface:

Kuroimaken
2011-05-04, 11:37 AM
Pssst, Geek? It's Mitsukai-fukutaichou. :smalltongue:

Innis Cabal
2011-05-05, 06:22 AM
I debated posting here but some things came to light and I think, even if I dropped out early, that I can offer some words of advice as to a problem that existed at least when I and several others along with me left.

The game lacked fluidity. The reason the first Bleachitp worked for as long as it did was because there were no pre-set storylines. Anyone who wanted to be in the storyline at the time need only have pushed the current story forward along with everyone else and the story moved there. When people started doing "ARC's" people started dropping. Heck, even I dropped because the game was getting to regimented. By the end, everything had to happen just so or else people started to fret and tug at the apron strings of the movers and shakes of the storyline and in the end....lots of people were left out. Which made more people drop.

I don't know how it is now here, so I can't say that it's a current problem but from what I know of how this game started it was regimented from start to a good period in the future. A quick scan of the OOC shows that the problem has remained. The story had X,Y and Z all planned out, the only thing that wasn't was how. But the problem is when you plan for ARC X to ARC Y...you close the doors to a story that you never thought would happen. By going in and changing everything around so that everything works like clockwork you lose the beauty of a spontaneous event that shapes the story far more powerfully then your planned out fight that has to happen for the next story arc to work.

HirokatsuGoto
2011-05-05, 08:25 AM
Innis,

thanks for chiming in, I think you are very right in many aspects...however i dont think it is an apple or orange thing when it comes to style

structure can (and does) work...it just takes active "GM's" who make open enough stories to allow for all the "spontaneous" things to happen. And if those end up being bigger, those "GMs" find a way to make the old arc contain the new events that come up. If everything is so loose, then people have no idea what is going on.

In an extremely loose setting you have no way to be involved with any RP unless other people want to involve you. and if you jump in without caring doing whatever you want and accidentally disrupt someone's previous "spontaneous event" then you are berated and told to stop. It makes it extremely difficult for new members to join when there is not something for them to do and they arent actively brought into the fold.

In the case of the Gotei, characters (not even Players) are told what to do by their superiors, and beyond sitting by a lake and fishing or going to drink some sake AFTER duty, they have little control over what their characters should be doing. So making it extremely loose goes against the fundamental part o their characters, and if you dont have active and interested players playing leadership roles over their subordinates means you will have a bunch of players not getting to do anything.

In other Bleach RP i have GM's and led, i found that the bleach universe has a place for just about every style of RPer. If you want the honor and military feel, go Shinigami...badboy fallen angel type, go Vizard... loose "i wanna attack people whenever i want" go hollow....normal, everyday person gaining unbelievable powers OR human in the midst of unbelievable stuff, go Human....mortals with duty and honor and power, Go Quincy

It doesnt mean those are hard and fast rules to each race...but it does give a lot of possibilities for TYPES of RPers...In Soul Society you need strong leaders and orders or "arcs" to drive their actions, because that is what those characters do...you want to be a bit more freewheeling and go start crap,but still feel a part of something bigger, be an Arrancar in Las Noches, just expect that you do haev to follow big bad old Draken...you want even more looseness to your RP and just react to situations...go human, or Quincy or even Vizard or Bount to some degree...

in the bleach universe, Shinigami are seen as characters that "react" to situations rather than actively act as protagonist...ie..big hollow attacks earth, send shinigami to deal with it...invasion, go defend...someone is spying, send investigation

Arrancar, Vizard, Bount are antagonists for the most part, Human can as well to some degree, but Human and Quincy are most likely "Reactors" as well, though they have limited structure to follow in HOW they react

It doesnt mean it is not fun to switch these roles from time to time, but overall this is the basic system that is present in the universe that Kubo made, trying to make it as if the Shinigami (and thus the players of the characters) dont have to follwo orders and can do whatever, whenever is just not correct to the the fundamental part of their characters.

Why i bring all this up, is back to what i first said, i dont think a RP forum needs to be ONE way or the other...i think Kubo provided us with an internal framework for differing types of RPers and structure to RP. You want more structure to what you do and when? probably Shinigami, less? Arrancar, Vizard or Quincy, even less? Human or Bount?

Now that doesnt mean every character can be "captain" level or anything with their powers and influence, but that is the trade off for being "rogue" in your RP style...it's just not a "rogue universe" that Kubo created which we play in, Rogues are unique and limited and usually antagonists meant to be taken out, they arent the norm

The real question is...where do we go from here? what do "we" want to do? I dont see a rise in membership, if the people when they come in have nothing set for them to do or jump in to easily, and if the only thing for them to do is not very fun or interesting, then why would they stay? if the only guidance you get is "jump in...go to a lake and fish or something" you are not providing a place for people to feel they can RP the "bleach" universe they have read and loved...and if they "jump in" to a plot someone else is doing, and are constantly ignored or pushed aside. Then why would they stay?

I know this was very long... sorry

Aaron

I debated posting here but some things came to light and I think, even if I dropped out early, that I can offer some words of advice as to a problem that existed at least when I and several others along with me left.

The game lacked fluidity. The reason the first Bleachitp worked for as long as it did was because there were no pre-set storylines. Anyone who wanted to be in the storyline at the time need only have pushed the current story forward along with everyone else and the story moved there. When people started doing "ARC's" people started dropping. Heck, even I dropped because the game was getting to regimented. By the end, everything had to happen just so or else people started to fret and tug at the apron strings of the movers and shakes of the storyline and in the end....lots of people were left out. Which made more people drop.

I don't know how it is now here, so I can't say that it's a current problem but from what I know of how this game started it was regimented from start to a good period in the future. A quick scan of the OOC shows that the problem has remained. The story had X,Y and Z all planned out, the only thing that wasn't was how. But the problem is when you plan for ARC X to ARC Y...you close the doors to a story that you never thought would happen. By going in and changing everything around so that everything works like clockwork you lose the beauty of a spontaneous event that shapes the story far more powerfully then your planned out fight that has to happen for the next story arc to work.

Kuroimaken
2011-05-05, 11:23 AM
I'm a little on the fence here regarding loose plots versus pre-planned plot arcs. It's pretty simple to see that the more characters involved, the more demanding a given story becomes in terms of dedication, and this is true both of pre-structured and loose plot.

Further, while spontaneity is an excellent thing, one has to remember that certain interactions between characters are planned exactly because they don't always occur naturally. Even when it comes to things like HM invading Mortal World or SS, it risks becoming kind of a snowball effect.

Take the current Sereg fight. It started with the guy just popping into the mortal world and raising major red flags. We already have three separate parties on him like mustard on a hot-dog. I alone have a minimum of three characters that have reason to be involved (Kazuma is 11th division, his whole job description is search and destroy. Hasunaga would probably jump in the second Sereg got anywhere near the school. Subject 1864 is already on the scene. Soushi would also have reason to jump in if he weren't suspended from active duty). If riccaru were to, say, lose internet connection for a week, the fight couldn't possibly progress until he returned. And this is a situation that demands response from ONE person, as it stands. We can't expect everyone to commit to the game like a marriage (excuse the comparison, for those of you in wedlock).

riccaru
2011-05-05, 11:30 AM
I'm a little on the fence here regarding loose plots versus pre-planned plot arcs. It's pretty simple to see that the more characters involved, the more demanding a given story becomes in terms of dedication, and this is true both of pre-structured and loose plot.

Further, while spontaneity is an excellent thing, one has to remember that certain interactions between characters are planned exactly because they don't always occur naturally. Even when it comes to things like HM invading Mortal World or SS, it risks becoming kind of a snowball effect.

Take the current Sereg fight. It started with the guy just popping into the mortal world and raising major red flags. We already have three separate parties on him like mustard on a hot-dog. I alone have a minimum of three characters that have reason to be involved (Kazuma is 11th division, his whole job description is search and destroy. Hasunaga would probably jump in the second Sereg got anywhere near the school. Subject 1864 is already on the scene. Soushi would also have reason to jump in if he weren't suspended from active duty). If riccaru were to, say, lose internet connection for a week, the fight couldn't possibly progress until he returned. And this is a situation that demands response from ONE person, as it stands. We can't expect everyone to commit to the game like a marriage (excuse the comparison, for those of you in wedlock).

Knock on wood:smalleek:. I did this exactly because we needed more posting, so I did exactly what I expected to get the most characters involved!

Dorizzit
2011-05-05, 11:38 AM
I think that actions like the one riccaru took are quite helpful; it does have potential consequences, but it added a great deal of activity to the Mortal World thread.

KnightDisciple
2011-05-05, 12:06 PM
Re: spontaneity is good, but so is larger plot. The game needs a balance to not feel either choking (too much planning) or aimless/pointless (too little planning). It is a somewhat delicate balance.

RE the MW: Uh, are we just ignoring the huge acid cone, the guided missiles, and the sensor suite DS has? Just curious.

(This post made on my iPhone. :D)

Dorizzit
2011-05-05, 12:22 PM
The acid cone, at least, would be avoided by the move into the building. The cloud may also obstruct sensors. Not sure about the missiles.

riccaru
2011-05-05, 12:33 PM
The acid cone, at least, would be avoided by the move into the building. The cloud may also obstruct sensors. Not sure about the missiles.

The mist gives off reiatsu nearly identical to Sereg's own. Now that he's transformed, his reiatsu signature is nearly non-existant in the area. He also doesn't have any physical differences with the mist, and won't give off heat.

KnightDisciple
2011-05-05, 12:46 PM
So...he misted before any acid hit him at all. Nothing can hurt him now?
As for the sensors...maybe he can't pickout a particular signature, but he could at least see that he has moved into the building.

Dorizzit
2011-05-05, 12:48 PM
So...he misted before any acid hit him at all. Nothing can hurt him now?
As for the sensors...maybe he can't pickout a particular signature, but he could at least see that he has moved into the building.

How is knowing he's in the building not picking out an individual signature?

KnightDisciple
2011-05-05, 01:07 PM
How is knowing he's in the building not picking out an individual signature?

To put it another way: if he IS the mist right now, and all the mist has an equal reiatsu signature, and some mist is in the building, then DS would pick up the fact that some of it is in there.

Dorizzit
2011-05-05, 01:12 PM
Okay, that makes a lot more sense.

Innis Cabal
2011-05-05, 04:27 PM
*Snip so as not to dominate the whole page*

To much of anything is a bad thing be it salt, beer or a particular style. I never said that some hard line things shouldn't be included, they need to be as many of your points made quite clear. :smallsmile:

The problem is when you look at the random because the setting won't allow it and toss it away. Sure the Shinigami are a military but even from the manga we see plenty of people disobey their commanding officers and just do as they please. It's actually pretty common if we look at the storyline. Rukia does it, at least two captains do it when ever they please and plenty of Vice Captains do it as well. When you start defining a character by what they are and not who they are you get into dangerous territory.

I will use an example that few will probably actually understand since it happened long in the annals of the past Bleachitp but I think it's really the only thing I can use to show my point.

The game was going strong back in the very first few months of the game. The Arrancar were loose cannons with little to control them and did as they pleased. Random attacks on the Mortal world were common so we all agreed in the OOC that we needed to stop that for a bit as it was getting stale. The random and the hard line story mixed well on that event. But we also wanted some conflict and just didn't know how to go about it to hit every aspect of the game.

So Prime and a few others made the Bounts. They started as an enemy of Las Noches but it quickly turned to a setting wide threat as Hans showed up on the screen. Soul Society was just sorta going about it's business, there were minor plots being formed slowly and it looked like a pretty interesting storyline was going to come about at some point. I know for myself my character was going to betray Soul Society and become the settings Gin. That didn't happen and it's because of a total random event that had shattered the near peaceful calm in Soul Society and pushed a lot of potential plots back a very long while.

The player of Hans PM'd me out of the blue, it turned out that the Bount Hans had made a deal with the leader of Las Noches to prove his worth to the dude. He was going to go into Soul Society and kill a Shinigami. Now at this point no character had died so it was a pretty stiff order he had. The player PM'd me a day or two after Hans got into Soul Society asking if I would kill my character. No planning up to this point, merely random. We then took the random event and planned a little around it. That day, Yen was dead and the game wasn't the same after that.

TL;DR- You need a balance of planning and random but the random shouldn't be forced or used to jump start the story. The planning should come about only after events have led to a point where there needs to be planning in the first place.

I suppose this comes down to style, but I take the road that if my character won't do something he won't do something. No amount of planning for him to do it will result in him doing it. I want my character to be realistic and make choices that make sense for him. If the story calls for him to kick a dog when he wouldn't do it, he's not going to do it ever.

riccaru
2011-05-05, 05:03 PM
To put it another way: if he IS the mist right now, and all the mist has an equal reiatsu signature, and some mist is in the building, then DS would pick up the fact that some of it is in there.

The building is in the outer area of the mist, outside of the acid cloud. So he's still in the thick of it right now. In a few posts he'll be getting out of the city, so it's not like he's going to be destroying the entire city. Have to keep a few tricks away from the light, you know:smallwink:

tgva8889
2011-05-05, 05:52 PM
Thank you for saying your piece, Innis.

I guess the problem becomes when your freeform RP isn't so much freeform anymore. :smalltongue:

Kuroimaken
2011-05-05, 05:53 PM
I suppose this comes down to style, but I take the road that if my character won't do something he won't do something. No amount of planning for him to do it will result in him doing it. I want my character to be realistic and make choices that make sense for him. If the story calls for him to kick a dog when he wouldn't do it, he's not going to do it ever.

I suppose I misspoke. What I meant to say was that two characters who had an infinitesimal chance of meeting if they just happen to go about their business as usual need to be temporarily forced by circunstance to meet.

To use an example from the current setting: Reiji has no reason whatsoever to display his powers openly in his civilian guise. He can make a "shadow clone" to account for Hakusai's sudden appearance. However, if he had to react on sheer impulse, he probably wouldn't have the presence of mind to protect his identity. And that serves little purpose against someone experienced in spiritual matters anyway. (The basic reason Kaito doesn't have the facts to put two and two together and figure Reiji has powers is because he's only getting used to the idea that the world is different from what he initially figured, for example.)

KnightDisciple
2011-05-05, 06:21 PM
The building is in the outer area of the mist, outside of the acid cloud. So he's still in the thick of it right now. In a few posts he'll be getting out of the city, so it's not like he's going to be destroying the entire city. Have to keep a few tricks away from the light, you know:smallwink:So is he, or is he not, mist? Also, there's not an "acid cloud". It was a spray, like a higher-pressure version of a flamethrower.

And I'm glad he's not destroying the city. Because that'd be a pretty jerkish OOC move.

EDIT: Regarding planning and such:
I'd like to think everyone strives to have their characters react the way they would react. That's kind of the point of roleplaying. And who else can tell us exactly how they'd react but us?

The point of planning with other players is to make sure everyone is on the same page, so there's no crying foul when something really big happens that might kill their character or something. It's something that "instigators" of plot (of any size!) need to keep in mind. I think Frozen Feet's done some good work in this game of balancing "surprise and spontaneity" with "planning and not stepping on toes", if we're looking for examples.

Ultimately, the best judges of what's too much or too little of anything will be the people who are active in the game, working to keep it alive and fun.

Innis Cabal
2011-05-05, 06:33 PM
I suppose that's true, it is only up to the people involved trying to make the game work. I suppose then, I should come back.

Kuroimaken
2011-05-05, 06:38 PM
It would definitely be appreciated, methinks.

Kuroimaken
2011-05-06, 09:54 AM
First glance, I'd say it needs more detail, and potentially toning down. For starters, why the heck is this guy an ex-captain?

The Librarian
2011-05-06, 11:50 AM
It says in Innis' description that he is an Ex-Vice Captain. Also, just comparing his powers with my character, Katisugo, they would both appear to be quite even in power. Heck, I'd bet With Yen's Bankai he's even stronger than Katisugo.

Kuroimaken
2011-05-06, 01:15 PM
Sorry, I saw Bankai and my mind completely skipped "Vice".

tgva8889
2011-05-06, 03:17 PM
Innis, the description of your Shikai states that it is a Constant Release type, but you then describe both its sealed forms and a Fake Shikai that I assume is similar to how Fuji Kujaku is actually Ruri'iro Kujaku. A Constant Release-type wouldn't have either of those forms, because it would be released in Shikai all the time. Did you mean to say that it was a Constant Release? Also, I am slightly confused by what the phrase "single armored armor" means.

Looks interesting! I'm glad you've decided to give this game another chance and will be glad to make up for my earlier failures. :smallredface:

Innis Cabal
2011-05-06, 04:28 PM
First glance, I'd say it needs more detail, and potentially toning down. For starters, why the heck is this guy an ex-captain?

He was indeed a Vice Captain at some point. I don't know what more detail you'd like, I'm not a fan of overly long write up's when my character should be characterized in play.

Though for toning down....I don't honestly see it. He gets a boost to his physical strength and speed in Skikai and can fire blasts of energy in bankai and has a shield that he can't move and only protects his back. I hardly think either of those powers are at all staggering, especially placed against my previous Kitano Takeshi. He doesn't even keep his augmentations when he enters Bankai.

Perhaps it's the fluff and visual effects that are causing it to look powerful? They have no outward combat function what so ever and are merely fluff.

Innis, the description of your Shikai states that it is a Constant Release type, but you then describe both its sealed forms and a Fake Shikai that I assume is similar to how Fuji Kujaku is actually Ruri'iro Kujaku. A Constant Release-type wouldn't have either of those forms, because it would be released in Shikai all the time. Did you mean to say that it was a Constant Release? Also, I am slightly confused by what the phrase "single armored armor" means.

Looks interesting! I'm glad you've decided to give this game another chance and will be glad to make up for my earlier failures. :smallredface:

I meant single armored arm. And I meant that it was a constant release yes, it's always in it's fake release because Yen is completely delusional and thinks it is it's actual form. I can remove the constant release type though as it's not really important.

Kuroimaken
2011-05-06, 04:32 PM
It's just that its description lends itself a lot that way. Further, Bankai is... just not something everyone is supposed to have. We've made it into kind of a Big Deal(tm) in this iteration of the game, you know.

I also see no description of background whatsoever.

Innis Cabal
2011-05-06, 04:35 PM
I am aware of that fact, though I also recall that Captain level people had them without question. You'll note he is an ex-follower of Kujo, he's not intended as a friendly to any said faction. I also recall that power levels don't mean as much in this game, so him having Bankai or not means little in regards to his actual power level.

As for Background...I don't like including that in character write ups because backgrounds are things that should be revealed in play, not as an at a glance sort of deal.

tgva8889
2011-05-06, 04:43 PM
I meant single armored arm. And I meant that it was a constant release yes, it's always in it's fake release because Yen is completely delusional and thinks it is it's actual form. I can remove the constant release type though as it's not really important.

Oh, I see. In that case, if you could just clarify that it's always in the Fake Release form normally (as I did not get that at all from reading it), that would be helpful. Looks perfectly acceptable otherwise.

I see no particular problem with this character having Bankai, depending on how/when it was obtained. I mean, the character could have not been in Sereitei for a long time, in which case he would have had plenty of time to train and acquire a Bankai even if he is not at a Captain's power level. Also, the Bankai isn't particularly powerful.

Innis Cabal
2011-05-06, 04:51 PM
Oh, I see. In that case, if you could just clarify that it's always in the Fake Release form normally (as I did not get that at all from reading it), that would be helpful. Looks perfectly acceptable otherwise.

I just took it out, it wasn't important to the character really. It was just added fluff, changes little.

I see no particular problem with this character having Bankai, depending on how/when it was obtained. I mean, the character could have not been in Sereitei for a long time, in which case he would have had plenty of time to train and acquire a Bankai even if he is not at a Captain's power level. Also, the Bankai isn't particularly powerful.

I plan on him not having been with SS for quite a while so plenty of time for him to have achieved it. Other VC's have Bankai as well so even if he did have it in the past, it doesn't seem he's really OP based solely on his Bankai which as stated isn't really overwhelming powerful. It's strong but it's more in how you use it and not a rubber hammer bashing things into the ground.

Really, if I was doing any of this for a powerful character I would just take Kitano back up, which I am probably (See: Not) doing unless asked by the community at large.

HirokatsuGoto
2011-05-06, 05:03 PM
concernign TGVA's recent post in the Soul Society thread:

what time ae we since the collapse etc? Same day week later? Id liek to know as i have a few characters still on the same day.

Clarification anyone?

tgva8889
2011-05-06, 05:05 PM
...Other VC's have Bankai as well...

Wait, really? Which ones, may I ask? I don't think any currently active ones do, and if they do I thought those were more heavily restricted.

horngeek
2011-05-06, 05:08 PM
Incidentally, is anyone still playing a Strike Team leader?

Innis Cabal
2011-05-06, 05:09 PM
Mitsukai Karite, Katisugo Ichimyouri ,Isamaru Myojin all have Bankai as Vice Captains. As said, Yen is Captain Level so Bankai for him isn't really a concern even if it was really powerfully.

Also as said, if I had intended to make a really powerful character for the sole purpose of power, I'd have skipped it and taken Kitano back up though I really have no intent to do that. He can stay an NPC for as long as is needed.

tgva8889
2011-05-06, 05:31 PM
I'm not saying Yen is overpowered, I was just curious. Myojin is no longer played and basically does not exist. Katisugo shouldn't yet have Bankai, unless it was modified (I honestly haven't looked in a while). Karite has problems already anyways, but I don't know when/whether that was fully approved or not.

I'm not against it, I just though there was opposition to it.