PDA

View Full Version : RIP Daria 2010-2011

Vladislav
2011-03-14, 11:17 AM
Just posting this to say that in our tabletop game last night, my animal companion died. Her name was Daria the Dire Bat, most often referred to by NPCs as "flying cow". She was killed in an aerial battle with a Blue Dragon, knocked unconscious, then plummeted to her death from a height of 100'. We ended up defeating the dragon and leveling up, but it's of little consolation right now. I'm gonna miss that goofy flying cow.

nekomata2
2011-03-14, 12:33 PM
Was that really your first animal companion death? I mean you could always bring it back, since I assume you're high enough level since you fought a blue. If that really your first, consider yourself lucky, most of the DMs i've had, especially the last one, basically made my animals suffer from the Worf Effect. As an example, my latest DM's DMPC killed my first animal with a bead of force, so I went out and got a new one. First fight, group of ogres, my new animal charges the first one, it turns around and uses cone of cold. Only hit my animal, but killed it. Campaign ended before he could kill of my next one though.

Amiria
2011-03-14, 12:48 PM
Some years ago Isolde, the griffon of my paladin Turin (http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j179/Kotzgeist/amiriawariordone.gif), survived a wild aerial battle against a black dragon only to be killed by some demons on the ground shortly thereafter.

Well, after some weeks she came back some weeks later and even got the celestial template.