PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 3.5] Is there any fiendish race at LA +0?

Land Outcast
2011-03-14, 12:34 PM
Is there any fiendish race at LA +0?
Somewhere? in dragon magazines or supplements from WotC?

Thanks in advance!

The Rose Dragon
2011-03-14, 12:37 PM
Define fiendish. If you are referring to specifically an Outsider with the [Evil] subtype, I think the lowest they go is +1. Though this is all from memory, and might be flat out wrong.

The Cat Goddess
2011-03-14, 12:37 PM
Is there any fiendish race at LA +0?
Somewhere? in dragon magazines or supplements from WotC?

Thanks in advance!

I believe there's a version of the Tiefling that is a Humanoid instead of an Outsider and is LA +0...

Land Outcast
2011-03-14, 12:42 PM
Define fiendish.
Of fiendish appearence, Tiefling-like, you know.

Frankly I'd be ok with a human who is cosmetically a tiefling, but the DM won't allow it.

The Rose Dragon
2011-03-14, 12:44 PM
I believe there's a version of the Tiefling that is a Humanoid instead of an Outsider and is LA +0...

Specifically, however, that is not a choice the player can make. Lesser planetouched, lesser drow and other "lesser" races are a setting-wide revision, to allow players to play those races without suffering LA if the DM allows it. And then, all members of the race use the same stats, and the same lack of LA.

Amnestic
2011-03-14, 12:47 PM

You are correct. Lesser Tieflings, page 191, Player's Guide to Faerun. Swaps their Outsider (Native) type for Humanoid (Planetouched). The same applies to Aasimar and the Genasi.

Land Outcast
2011-03-14, 01:31 PM
You are correct. Lesser Tieflings, page 191, Player's Guide to Faerun. Swaps their Outsider (Native) type for Humanoid (Planetouched). The same applies to Aasimar and the Genasi.

:smallsmile: That should do. :smallbiggrin:
Thanks for the page reference too.

Psyren
2011-03-14, 01:48 PM
Hellbred are also pretty "fiendish" and are LA 0. You can find them in FC2.

Land Outcast
2011-03-14, 02:10 PM
Good, I'll be sure to check it out.