PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer Prestige

Blastywiz
2011-03-14, 03:10 PM
Hey guys, in my friend's e6 campaign I'm playing a loredrake dragonwrought kobold and I'm wondering what would be a good prestige class. I was thinking wildmage.

MrRigger
2011-03-14, 03:17 PM
Well, if you're going that level of cheese, might as well go for Incantatrix right on top. And while I personally believe Kobolds can be Loredrakes, there's plenty who don't (and I can see where they're coming from). Other good choices include a dip into Sand Shaper for a huge boost in spells known, any any PrC that keeps full casting or full casting-1.

MrRigger

Blastywiz
2011-03-14, 03:39 PM
Would that be good for a blasty sorcerer?

Darwin
2011-03-14, 03:42 PM
Would that be good for a blasty sorcerer?

You're already at a level of cheese where it doesn't really matter anymore. But yes, Incantatrix is good for a blasty sorcerer, or pretty much anything you dare smack it on.

Blastywiz
2011-03-14, 04:15 PM
Oh ok thanx. Which book should i take it from? There's two different incantatrixes.

Infernalbargain
2011-03-14, 04:24 PM
Oh ok thanx. Which book should i take it from? There's two different incantatrixes.

Depends on level of cheese. The player's guide is the 3.5 version which is the cheese version. The one that's in campaign setting IIRC is from 3.0 which is much more manageable.

Thefurmonger
2011-03-14, 04:27 PM
Loredrake Kobald? you want the Player's Guide version.

I am curious tho, do you hate your DM? or is the rest of the party made up by Tainted Scholars and Beholder Mages?

Blastywiz
2011-03-14, 04:32 PM
Haha, no tainted scholars or beholders, he just allowed me to do it. I guess I'll use the player's guide, thanx again.

Ernir
2011-03-14, 04:44 PM
E6 you say? Unless you bypass the Incantatrix's skill rank requirements, you're only getting in one level of the class before hitting the E6 cap (and to do even that, you have to bypass the spell level restriction). And the first level of Incantatrix is most unimpressive.

I'd honestly prefer the Wild Mage...

MrRigger
2011-03-14, 06:59 PM
Yes, Incantatrix is great for Blaster Sorcerers, it's the core of the Mailman Sorcerer build. And I didn't notice the E6 thing, you won't really be able to get the ridiculousness truly high with that in place. Though I'm still not sure how E6 works, never actually seen the rules for it, though I've been able to infer some things based on references.

MrRigger

Toliudar
2011-03-14, 09:30 PM
This isn't intuitive, but having Mindbender in your 6th level isn't so bad for blasters. The telepathy, combined with Mindsight, makes it easier for you to target hidden opponents, and you get a boost to your fort save.

Shapurnippal
2011-03-15, 01:39 AM
Yes, Incantatrix is great for Blaster Sorcerers, it's the core of the Mailman Sorcerer build. And I didn't notice the E6 thing, you won't really be able to get the ridiculousness truly high with that in place. Though I'm still not sure how E6 works, never actually seen the rules for it, though I've been able to infer some things based on references.

MrRigger

http://tinyurl.com/6auz7pc

MammonAzrael
2011-03-15, 01:58 AM
This isn't intuitive, but having Mindbender in your 6th level isn't so bad for blasters. The telepathy, combined with Mindsight, makes it easier for you to target hidden opponents, and you get a boost to your fort save.

Given that you are playing E6, I support this suggestion. Telepathy and Mindsight are always snazzy. All you'll get out of Incantatrix is a bonus metamagic feat, and feats should not be an issue in an E6 campaign. You need to take a PrC whose first level offers something that can't be duplicated by a feat.

Wild Mage is a strong choice as well. It'll give you potential for an incredible (in E6) caster level, and a nice boost to your Reflex save.

Amechra
2011-03-18, 03:31 PM
Hi, I'm Blastywiz's DM, and I have to say:

I'm running a campaign where most enemies are undead, so Mindbender is... less useful.