PDA

View Full Version : You in the movies

Orzel
2011-03-14, 06:26 PM
Friend 1: If you were in a movie, you'd bring knives to a gunfight.
Friend 2: Not just knives. Acidic exploding knives.
Me: No, that makes no sense. One corrosive knife and one explosive one. And a candy one if I get hungry.
Friend 1: If you get hungry?

So, had a conversation about what kind of character I would be if I were in a movie. After the conversation was derailed and a day went by, I revisited the thought.

What would I look like if my personality was jammed in a 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hour segment?

Action: In an action movie, I'll be different just to be different and struggle to make it work. I'll try my hardest to be the only guy in the western who doesn't use guns.

Horror: If I am still alive by the halfway point, expect me to attack the monster. I hate running that much.

Action or Horror: The director will have to kill me off, due to my revealing of holes in the story. "That doesn't make sense because..." is a favorite real life phrase of mine.

Comedy: I will get hurt or attacked in a funny way (due to my inability to catch objects thrown toward my face). Well funny for the audience, I will be pretty mad. Someone else might get hurt.

Drama: My lack of or excess amounts of emotion will be a major aspect of my character. I either care too much or don't at all.

How would you look if compressed and placed in a movie?

Zaydos
2011-03-14, 06:36 PM
Action: Idealistic character who wants to be a hero. In an old timey movie I might be the hero, in a modern movie probably the annoying side-kick that gets in over his head.

Horror: I'd be the one to die trying to be the hero. Actually when we discussed this with my IRL group of friends I was voted most likely to be the hero or at least make a meaningful heroic sacrifice. So I'd at least go down in a meaningful way, preferably with explosions (yes we did discuss this, we had a last girl, most likely to go down in a meaningless/makes it worse heroic sacrifice, most likely to die first, most likely to summon the monster in the first place, among other roles).

Comedy: I don't know... henpecked?

Drama: Again I don't know. Probably a moral choice of some sort would come up.

CynicalAvocado
2011-03-14, 06:39 PM
Action: Plucky comic relief.

Horror: Plucky comic relief.

Action or Horror: Plucky comic relief.

Comedy: Plucky comic relief.

Drama: Plucky comic relief.

Thanqol
2011-03-14, 06:48 PM
Action: Someone with aereal mobility and explosives. Fighter pilot, guy in power armour, the demolitions guy. Completely over the top ham acting. The type of dude who will get his tank airlifted to the top of a skyscraper so he can shoot at the enemy helicopter.
Horror: Guy who chickens out at the first oppertunity.
Comedy: The "Wacky" friend with convoluted plans and plots, who comes together for long enough to give an inspiring speech that urges the protagonist to go after the girl.
Drama: The young dreamer who faces an endless succession of lose-lose choices.

MatthewWilliams
2011-03-14, 06:55 PM
Horror: The guy the find dead at the beginning of the movie, before the monster/killer/whatever is even discovered.

DeadManSleeping
2011-03-14, 06:59 PM
Let's give this a shot

Action: Funny guy who dies first
Horror: Funny guy who dies first
Comedy: Guy who is hilariously horrible with women.
Drama: Either the only one who's not a complete jerk (and therefore, the one who dies first), or the minor tormentor of a non-main character
Shakespeare: Mercutio, Benedick, other flamboyant comic character
Sci-fi/fantasy: Strange creature
Romance: See comedy or drama as appropriate (note: does not get girl in the end)
Anime: The one who is supposed to be competent because of their position amongst normal people, but is completely useless in contrast to the heroes

Yeah, I think I'm done.

arguskos
2011-03-14, 07:03 PM
Action: I'd be the quiet unassuming guy who randomly whips out a melee weapon on some guy's unsuspecting face. I'd probably chatter a bit too much, talking constantly during the fighting, making quips and whatnot.

Drama: I'm a great deadpan. Should be clear what role I'd fill here.

Horror: I'd die second to last. Why? Because I'm sane enough to say "screw this ****" and just leave the entire situation. However, I'm just stupid enough to actually think it was beatable, and would attempt something insane towards the end, just to see if it works. It inevitably fails, and I get gibbed.

Comedy: I'd be this (http://www.johnnywander.com/comics/207) kinda (http://www.johnnywander.com/comics/204-0) guy (http://www.johnnywander.com/comics/233).

Classics: Probably some kind of tyrannical dictator with a penchant for quips. If I'm good for nothing else, I'm damn good for tyranny.

Sci-Fi: Mad scientist.

Fantasy: Mad wizard.

Anime: Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Film.

CynicalAvocado
2011-03-14, 07:09 PM
Anime the charming, long haired, bishonen cutie that everyone loves

Eldonauran
2011-03-14, 07:16 PM
Action: The guy not fighting fair. Traps, explosives and machines guns. In it to win it.

Drama: The I-told-you-so guy. Friends realize he was trying to help them from the beginning. Giver of advice.

Horror: Exiting stage left. You can do into that dark cave/hole/room/house/etc/etc/etc, I'm going home and living.

Alternatively, if escape/preventation is not an option (ie, ambushed), pick up the nearest weapon and make sure the others get away.

Comedy: Calm guy wondering what the hell everyone is doing. Did they lose their minds?

Sci-Fi: Space marine, with gadgets galore! Oh yes.

Fantasy: Mad SORCERER. Raining fire from the sky. On the bad guys. Everyone somewhat uncertain of my allegiance but not arguing due to the FIRE and dead bad guys.

Anime: Heavy-set bald monk, kung-fu master.

snoopy13a
2011-03-14, 07:17 PM
I don't know who I would be but they would have to get Brad Pitt to play me :smalltongue:

Innis Cabal
2011-03-14, 07:24 PM
Action: I'd be the quiet unassuming guy who randomly whips out a melee weapon on some guy's unsuspecting face. I'd probably chatter a bit too much, talking constantly during the fighting, making quips and whatnot.

Drama: I'm a great deadpan. Should be clear what role I'd fill here.

Horror: I'd die second to last. Why? Because I'm sane enough to say "screw this ****" and just leave the entire situation. However, I'm just stupid enough to actually think it was beatable, and would attempt something insane towards the end, just to see if it works. It inevitably fails, and I get gibbed.

Comedy: I'd be this (http://www.johnnywander.com/comics/207) kinda (http://www.johnnywander.com/comics/204-0) guy (http://www.johnnywander.com/comics/233).

Classics: Probably some kind of tyrannical dictator with a penchant for quips. If I'm good for nothing else, I'm damn good for tyranny.

Sci-Fi: Mad scientist.

Fantasy: Mad wizard.

Anime: Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Film.

I for some reason see you as Seth Rogan and I don't know why.

arguskos
2011-03-14, 07:29 PM
I for some reason see you as Seth Rogan and I don't know why.
We're no longer friends. :smallannoyed::smalltongue:

Glass Mouse
2011-03-14, 08:00 PM
Action: The nerdy sidekick who's completely useless at everything not involving some conveniently plot-specific knowledge.

Horror: Killed off among the first, because of panicking (I'd probably just freeze the moment the monster showed up).

Comedy: The snarky friend; sane man.

Fantasy: The inefficiently idealistic leader who's overthrown by the evil advisor and/or attempts peaceful solutions until everything's gone to hell. In any case, I'd need a band of heroes to save the day.

Drama: Something about learning to take chances.

ghost_warlock
2011-03-14, 08:12 PM
Why is everyone assuming they're a protagonist? :smallconfused:

All breaks down to one question for me: is the main antagonist a man or a woman?

Man: I'm a wild card (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WildCard).

Woman: I'm the Dragon. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheDragon)

DeadManSleeping
2011-03-14, 08:30 PM
Why is everyone assuming they're a protagonist? :smallconfused:[/URL]

They're not. If you examine, most of us put ourselves as side characters of some kind. I've got myself in an antagonistic role in at least one of mine.

Also, most people don't imagine that they cause problems for good people. That's basic human psychology.

Thanqol
2011-03-14, 08:43 PM
Why is everyone assuming they're a protagonist? :smallconfused:

All breaks down to one question for me: is the main antagonist a man or a woman?

Man: I'm a wild card (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WildCard).

Woman: I'm the Dragon. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheDragon)

Every single person is a protagonist. Every single person is the hero. :smallsmile:

Spacefarer
2011-03-14, 09:04 PM
Action: Ruthless, tactical antihero, there to get the job done and nothing else.

Drama: Apparently emotionless antagonist, revealed at the end to have good intentions and motivations for uncaring behavior.

Horror: Insane wanna-be hero who makes the last stand so the main group can escape to film - er, fight - another day.

Comedy: Straight woman with the occasional unexpected dry quip.

SciFi: Free-spirited smuggler who steps on both sides of the law, helping when expedient, not hurting others intentionally.

Fantasy: Mysterious, cloaked rogue-like figure aiding the protagonist, but whose motives for helping are unclear.

Don Julio Anejo
2011-03-14, 09:05 PM
Action: First the hero would meet me, his old acquaintance, for a small favour. The audience will think I'm a total buffoon, even if a funny one. Then, as the story unfolds, the hero would find that I'm the guy who secretly plotted the whole conspiracy. Oh, and when he would call me out on live television/in front of a Senate committee I would just innocently blink and ask "You really think _I_ could do all that? I mean last night I couldn't find my keys. So I "borrowed" a ladder to get in through the window. The keys were in the door... on the outside..."

Horror: Despite my personality, I'd be the only sane guy who would call bulls**t and won't start panicking. I'll still die, probably second last (or last if there is a survivor), because I'll get complacent and think I can predict the next move the killer will make.

Comedy: Look no further than Ted Mosby. The archetypal good guy whose relationships don't seem to last because "all girls want bad boys," even though I won't have much trouble meeting women. That, and people will think I'm gay for some unknown reason. Which is completely unrelated to me obsessing over color-coordinating my apartment, knowing the best place in town to get a manicure at 4 in the morning and using the word "fabulous" a lot. Expect the girl to think I'm really talking to her to get with her gay best friend.

Drama: the energetic, always happy, sunshine-and-rainbows type guy who will have terrible misfortunes befall him one after another. Will attempt suicide at one point or another, which will serve as the start of my career as a Prozac model.

Fantasy: the bartender in whatever tavern in whatever hive of scum and villainy heroes congregate at. Of course I'll be in the know of all the juicy rumours about current events treasure and have a band of adventurers (hired through a third party, of course) to check up on them for a part of the cut.

Trazoi
2011-03-14, 09:08 PM
You know those scenes where the two lead characters are walking and talking down a busy city street? I'd be one of the guys walking in the other direction.

If you demand I have a speaking role, I guess I could buy a cup of coffee somewhere in the background.

thubby
2011-03-14, 09:09 PM
Action: probably the guy the hero calls when everything has gone to hell in a handbasket. you know, the guy who, for some inexplicable reason, has a gatling gun and/or tank.

Horror: the genre savvy one, and thus the second to die (the first being the denialist, obviously).

Action or Horror: I couldnt be a major character in either because I'm not stupid enough to get involved.

Comedy: deadpan snarker.

Drama: the good friend maybe. depending on exactly what kind of drama, could probably result in my death.

Mauve Shirt
2011-03-14, 09:44 PM
If I had a name, I'd die to make it more dramatic for the main characters. Especially in a horror movie. I hope I wouldn't end up in a horror movie, those characters are always idiots and incredibly difficult to like.

Marillion
2011-03-14, 10:06 PM
Action: The grizzled, gruff jerk with a heart of gold.

Horror: Not in the movie at all, because I'm smart enough to realize "Something unexplainable is going on, and I have no stake in unmasking it all, nevermind while I'm completely alone. Bye." If I were to be in the movie, I'd be the unsuspecting innocent bystander who dies so that everyone else knows something is going on.

Comedy: The straight-man. You know, the one who just facepalms, nosepinches, and says "goddammit guys."

Drama: The love interest has to choose between a somewhat older, mature, stable man who genuinely loves her but isn't exciting, and a younger, juvenile emotional trainwreck who loves her and IS exciting. I am the former.

Cealocanth
2011-03-14, 10:07 PM
Interesting one.

Action: The person who seems to be useless, such as the Architect from Inception, but "pulls a Yoda" during the end of the film. I may or may not die depending on if dying proves a point to the other characters.

Horror: The nerdy kid who gets stuck in the running with the rest of the competent folk, who has to continually prove his competence. I'll most likely die to create drama for the other characters.

Comedy: The constantly sarcastic guy that no one in the audience really likes, but they keep around so that the main characters can argue and be funny.

Sci-Fi: The man onboard for his occasional use of engineering and tactical knowlege. When the sh** hits the fan, I'll be the guy that admits "I have absolutely no idea what to do" and proceeds to pick up a gun.

Fantasy: The consultant. The man who watches it all happen from safety and drops hints to the heroes and the villains occasionally.

Drama: Similar to Action and Horror, I'd be the guy that no one likes until I die and create some dramatic potential.

KoboldRevenge
2011-03-14, 10:51 PM
Action: The guy with no side or conscience who will do anything for his own benefit on either side and is equal or more clever than the hero and villain but prefers to serve under them.

Horror:Guy who goes sane and starts trying to infect people to become zombies on purpose.

Comedy:Jeff Goldblum-esque side character comedic type.

Sci-fi: Part of the crazy insect high tech weapons race.

Fantasy: Fighter and leader of the seige of the city.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-03-14, 10:57 PM
Anime the charming, long haired, bishonen cutie that everyone loves

Not, say, the plucky comic relief?

CaptainRectum
2011-03-15, 05:28 AM
This seems fun, let's give it a shot.

Action: The drunkard in the bar scene who gets his ass kicked by the hero in a big fight.

Horror: I'd stay alive as long as there were people around me. Eventually I'd make a foolish mistake and get killed in a messy fashion.

Comedy: I'd be one of the regulars at the bar/café the main characters go. Maybe I'd mutter a line or two once in a while.

Sci-Fi: "I'm a redshirt not a..."

Fantasy: A high ranking member of a local thieves guild who may, or may not be a recurring "mid-boss." Or then an information broker whose headquarters would be in a back room of a well known tavern. Maybe both.

Drama: The guy who tries to fix everyone's problems while being a failure at life himself.

Anime: The guy with glasses. So I must be intelligent durr~ But seriously now, maybe something akin to Emishi Haruki from GetBackers.

SilverSheriff
2011-03-15, 06:00 AM
Action: Dark, uncaring Anti-Hero with a Heart of Gold, who was dragged into the situation for some reason.

Horror: The Killer who survives the film, destined to return for many terrible sequels.

Comedy: The Dylan Moran.

Sci-Fi: Dark, uncaring Anti-Hero with a Heart of Gold Generic Space Marine / Captain of Serenity Millennium Falcon the Famous Spaceship, who was dragged into the situation after accepting passengers aboard the aforementioned ship.

Fantasy: The Assassin who leaves tips behind for the party, and who's Identity is never revealed.

Drama: The "Friend-zoned" who gets the girl in the end.

Anime: The Rival Pokemon Digimon Monster Trainer/ Young Adult Playing a Child's game.

Eldan
2011-03-15, 06:24 AM
I'm Lab assistant in the background. Either to Old Scientist who claims that whatever happening is impossible or Young Scientist who is the only one who had the right theory from the beginning.

druid91
2011-03-15, 06:30 AM
Action: I'd be a generic mook and die three minutes in.
Horror: I'd Scare the psycho off. By being more psychotic at least as soon as I recognized that this is a horror movie by genre savvyness. Chain sword FTW. If it's a monster movie and not a psycho movie? A chainsword works just as well.
Sci-fi: I'd be the immortal thing(mutant, robot, whatever) That the crew finds floating in space in a wrecked ship.
Anime: I'd be the ninja neighbor in a slice of life show. Or something similar, the guy who go's on weird adventures while the show goes on mostly oblivious to the giant robots being battled or monster menaces.
Comedy:The one who is always going "Wait you did what?!!":smallsigh:

Adlan
2011-03-15, 06:47 AM
Action: Hero's BFF, who always has just what is needed at that moment (lighter... here you go. Duct tape... Here you go... Portable torture Kit... Gimmie a Minute... Here you go). I die/greviously wounded to show how serious the bad guy is, before the hero kick's his ass.

Rom Com: I'm the British love interest who wants to capture the free spirited girl. I fail as she realises she dosn't want to be bound to my boring life giving me babies, and runs off with Plucky hero.

Horror: I die in the opening scene while on a hunting trip to show that taking pleasure in killing animals is bad, and to give everyone pleasure in watching me being killed by the monster as a set up for the film.

Comedy: I appear for one, slightly surreal scene, and no one is quite sure if I was a Hallucination or not, as I move off camera with my bow and arrow hunting Jackalopes or Haggis.

Sci-Fi: I'm the lab assistant working for the Evil Corp. who discovers his bosses project is evil. I contact the hero just before I'm used as an experimental subject.

Fantasy: I'm one of the rangers/outlaws/bandit's the hero must convince to join his side. I'm the first to cheer when our hero say's we'll throw in with the hopeless cause. If I'm lucky I get a kickarse archery shot involving tricky camera angles as my arrow kills the first enemy sentry suspiciously quietly.

Is it bad that I picture myself dying in a lot of those films?

Orzel
2011-03-15, 12:36 PM
Is it bad that I picture myself dying in a lot of those films?

Nope. My own family and friends dont think I would live through an action movie unless its for kids. Little kids.

Innis Cabal
2011-03-15, 08:59 PM
We're no longer friends. :smallannoyed::smalltongue:

:smallfrown:

loopy
2011-03-15, 09:04 PM
Not entirely sure what I'd be in the movies. I don't really fit into the usual Hollywood stereotypes, I think. You guys may disagree, of course. :smallsmile:

Tyndmyr
2011-03-16, 05:49 AM
Action: In an action movie, I'll be different just to be different and struggle to make it work. I'll try my hardest to be the only guy in the western who doesn't use guns.

Well, I'm ex military. This pretty much guarantees that I'll be using guns, and for some implausible reason, will be sucked from my normal life into being a badass.

Horror: If I am still alive by the halfway point, expect me to attack the monster. I hate running that much.

Action or Horror: The director will have to kill me off, due to my revealing of holes in the story. "That doesn't make sense because..." is a favorite real life phrase of mine.

I'm genre savvy. I won't be caught dead backing nervously toward the monster. Sure, everyone says, "But people in a horror movie don't KNOW they're in a horror movie." They are wrong. You are ALWAYS in a horror movie. Those who do not understand this will be the first to become zombies.

Comedy: I will get hurt or attacked in a funny way (due to my inability to catch objects thrown toward my face). Well funny for the audience, I will be pretty mad. Someone else might get hurt.

I have strong mad scientist tenancies. This pretty much guarantees endless slapstick gags and scientific inventions that range from the highly improbable to mildly impossible. None of which work properly.

Drama: My lack of or excess amounts of emotion will be a major aspect of my character. I either care too much or don't at all.

I will be the handy buddy of the main character who actually has useful skills, and to who he turns to help him out of his jams. There will probably be bromance. Ugh.

Amiel
2011-03-16, 05:50 AM
Horror: I would play the Grudge ghost and Sadako.

Gravitron5000
2011-03-16, 11:01 AM
Action: I'd be the Big Thug villain who is protecting the brains, who gets beaten/killed like a chump by the hero in the anticlimactic ending.

Drama: The guy that keeps getting beaten down by life and keeps picking himself up and plodding on.

Horror: I'd likely be the guy who gets quickly obliterated while giving some rousing speech as to how we can beat this thing.

Comedy: I would ether be a straight man, or an absurdist, potentially both.

Sci-Fi: Rogue AI bent on control and destruction.

Fantasy: Evil guy of Evilness. Made more evil by consuming the scenery every chance I get.

TheArsenal
2011-03-19, 04:55 AM
Horror: the Secret Killer

Drama: An Optimist

Comedy: The only guy that finds everything stupid in the movie (The bad guy)

Action: A Thinker

grimbold
2011-03-19, 08:58 AM
i'm thinking about it and now i'm dreading thinking about it

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-03-19, 12:23 PM
Action: The bloodthirsty reckless guy who the others have to keep in check (like in the Star Wars prequel trilogy).
Horror: The coward who secretly teams up with the evil entity and dies a horrible gruesome death at the end (like in The Mummy).
Comedy: The quirky maladjusted guy played by Johnny Depp (like in Rango).
Drama: Someone who cries a lot.

Trog
2011-03-19, 12:49 PM
Minor one-line character actor who gets cut from the film in editing but still has his name appear somewhere in the credits. Misspelled.

@v Shouldn't have waved at the camera and mouthed "Hi GitP" Trog supposes. Live and learn.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-03-19, 02:40 PM
Minor one-line character actor who gets cut from the film in editing but still has his name appear somewhere in the credits. Misspelled.

Sad. I'm really sorry.

Thanatos 51-50
2011-03-21, 05:51 AM
Action: Background Character Number Three Who Happens To Have a Handgun Under His Coat OH GOD THE PAIN AND THE HORROR, WHY?
ALTERNATIVELY:
Methodical Antagonist Man
ALSO ATERNATIVELY:
Quick-thinking Protagonist Man

Horror: That One Dude That Successfully Lays a Trap for the Monster

Psychological Horror: Protagonist

Comedy: Deadpan Best Friend Guy

Romance: Guy with All The Frustratingly Vague Answers

Romantic Comedy: Deadpan Best Friend Guy Who Has All The Frustratingly Vague Answers (and is also in a Happy Relationship)

Sci-Fi: To0 Busy Playing with my Flying Car, Thank You (guy)

Drama: Bored With This Crap, Who Wants To Watch A Movie? Guy

... That's all I can think of.

OverdrivePrime
2011-03-21, 06:32 AM
Action: I'd be the pretty buff, pretty skilled, heroic guy with the heart of gold who takes out a lot of the enemy easily but is killed by the Big Boss twenty minutes before the end in order to demonstrate how hard of a fight the real hero of the movie is up against.

Horror: Similar to above, but I appear to be swarmed by the movie's monsters and dragged away while the rest of the characters are helpless. Lucky for them, I'll be the Deus ex Machina that comes out of nowhere to save them five minutes before the end. Sadly, I'll die of my wounds, and there'll be a memorial scene that the writers hamfistedly try to present as touching and somber.

Action Comedy: Not the main protagonist, but the guy who constantly keeps the main protagonist from getting destroyed. My one liners will be devastatingly awesome, but because the main character learns to believe in himself, he'll be able to take out the bad guy when I get temporarily disabled by a cheap shot from the Big Boss.

Comedy: Pretty much Marshall Eriksen. Big, lovable, funny, dangerous if angered - but never angered - and obnoxiously in love with his wife.

Chick Flick: The old flame, now-best friend, happily married guy who only wants what's best for the female lead. Tests the male lead's character and is slow to trust him. Frequently counsels the female lead against getting together with the male lead, who is obviously (to me) a self-important manchild.

Low Budget 80's Sword & Sorcery: Finally, a genre cheesy enough for me to be the actual hero! Spouting barely-sensical one liners and flexing gratuitously, I'm the only guy who can save the kingdom from a guy in a bad rubber suit! Heaps of monsters are slain and townsfolk are saved! The women of the kingdom throw themselves at me in order to meet the director's flashed-boob quota, but for some reason, they clumsily use a fireplace to allude to the love scene between me and the beautiful tomboy princess who can defend herself perfectly well thank you very much. Eventually I am destined to wear the jeweled crown of hamfistia upon a troubled brow, but that's only because the director is desperately (and over-optimistically) trying to set up a sequel.

Exeson
2011-03-21, 08:39 AM
Action

The guy who is a bit cocky but somehow manages to go through pretty much the whole film without getting into a fight, or managing to run away when he can. Of course a point will come when he is cornered, then we get to see if he really is all talk or can actually hold his own in a fight. (IRL: haven't got to that corner yet, but indications point to the later)

Horror

The one who runs away faster than everyone else, usually screaming 'oh ****! oh ****!' over and over again. Also the one who is overly cautious and hates moving once he is in what he thinks is a safe place. Whether this helps or hinders the group depends on the nature of the horror.

Sci - Fi

One of the soldiers in the obligatory military squad, the guy that appears a lot in action scenes and always is on camera but never really gets a major part or a backstory. This suggesting that in earlier drafts he was a more central character but was cut down later because other characters had cooler backstories.

Indie Coming of Age film

One of the guys in the group who is a staple, always there hanging out with people, every now and then he gets a bit of camera attention, usually when helping the main character deal with some issue. More attention is drawn to him when there is conflict, maybe he and the main character get into a fight together (and get beaten up) or beating up one of the other guys in the group for cheating with his girlfriend. Obviously gets pulled off before he goes too far, but the lead pipe suggests the intention.

This would be the end credits song of said film (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do6fPX9khFM)

mangosta71
2011-03-22, 12:05 PM
Let's see...

Action: I'd be the calm guy that does all the planning.

Western: I'd be the guy that challenges someone to a duel at the stroke of noon and sets up at 11:30 with a sniper rifle in the bell tower.

Horror: I'd be the guy slashing the protagonists into tiny little protagonist-shaped bits.

Rom-com: I'd be the guy slashing the protagonists into tiny little protagonist-shaped bits. Yes, I know. It's intentional.

Drama: Apathetic/sociopathic guy.

Comedy: Deadpan guy.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Adventure: I'd be on team evil. Not the main antagonist - I'm more a "power behind the throne" sort.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-03-22, 12:17 PM
Let's see...

Action: I'd be the calm guy that does all the planning.

Western: I'd be the guy that challenges someone to a duel at the stroke of noon and sets up at 11:30 with a sniper rifle in the bell tower.

Horror: I'd be the guy slashing the protagonists into tiny little protagonist-shaped bits.

Rom-com: I'd be the guy slashing the protagonists into tiny little protagonist-shaped bits. Yes, I know. It's intentional.

Drama: Apathetic/sociopathic guy.

Comedy: Deadpan guy.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Adventure: I'd be on team evil. Not the main antagonist - I'm more a "power behind the throne" sort.

I really wouldn't want you as a roommate.

Dr.Epic
2011-03-22, 01:21 PM
Comedic musical anti-villain super scientist.

Mina Kobold
2011-03-22, 02:20 PM
This certainly looks like proper fun.

Action: Anti-gun protester who dies in the villain's initial show of power.

Horror: Goth guy who is sceptical until the monster shows it is definitely true by eating me.

Comedy: The happy cloudcuckoolander who blurbs out incredibly disturbing and creepy observations.

Fantasy: The librarian and/or the Tsukiko. What's so wrong about the undead? They just need more love.

Drama: Depressed guy with little faith in humanity.

Anime: Gotta be more specific, chap. just to cover the basics:
In a mecha Anime I'd probably be one of the guys behind the mechs, in a stereotypical shonen I'd be the badass normal or the guy who violated nature for his powers (cyborgs, liches, etc.), in a shoujo I'd be the one guy who is not a love interest and in a harem I'd be the guy who completely miss the wackiness and who misunderstands the hero's questions as being love quarrels.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-03-22, 03:09 PM
Action/Comedy: Someone who really loves guns and has at least half a dozen on hand at any given time (like in The Mummy and it's sequels).
Fantasy: The comic-relief apprentice wizard.
Horror/Comedy: The brunette that lives to see the end.
Sci-Fi: A test subject who mutates into a monster.

Vorpalbob
2011-03-23, 12:04 AM
Action: Nerdy scientist aid that the villain constantly berates and insults. This drives me to feed information to the protagonist, and I may or may not end up killing the villain after the hero disables him. (If I do, I get a delightfully hammy speech)

Action-Comedy: Cautious sniper who is frustrated by his meathead comrades charging into battle. He is always the one who notices the button to disable the villain's mega-awesome weapon, which prior had been murderenating the other heroes.

Psychological Thriller: Slightly creepy friend that gives cryptic but very useful advice to the protagonist. Just as the protagonist dies, I walk in and reveal myself as the villain.

Romantic Comedy: As much as I hate playing such characters, I'd be the gay best friend. Always commenting on fashion. :smallmad:

Fantasy: This guy, (http://www.dungeons-and-dragons.de/Bilder/ddsnails02.jpg) but not nearly as annoying. :smallwink: :smallbiggrin:

Sci-Fi: Mercenary/soldier who befriends the hero, and helps him in fights (read: saves his wimpy ass). If hero is female, may be romantic interest. Sacrifices himself for the hero.

Winter_Wolf
2011-03-23, 11:38 PM
Much to my chagrin, my wife thinks I would be Po. Yes, that Po (http://www.epagini.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/2008_kung_fu_panda_002.jpg).

She compares me to Jack Black. While I think he's got his moments, it stings a little, tbh. :smallannoyed: