PDA

View Full Version : Feat Rogue and Fighter with sneak attack

cylch
2011-03-14, 09:31 PM
Hey everyone I've been looking over these two variants from unearthed arcana and I just had a couple questions.

The way I read how they work is that if the rogue took the feats he would get them at the levels that the fighter would and the fighter would get sneak attack as the rogue would (this is what makes sense to me).

However I believe I have read people somewhere saying if you take 2 levels of fighter with this variant you would have +2d6 sneak attack as well as full BAB which doesn't seem right.

So which one is the correct interpretation or how everyone plays.

Also is there a better ACF for a human rogue who's only taking 2 or 3 levels of the class?

Thanks in advance

Curmudgeon
2011-03-14, 09:41 PM
It's the first one.

Gain: Sneak attack (as rogue).

Lose:Bonus feats. You get the Rogue sneak attack class feature instead of the Fighter bonus feat class feature. You do not gain +1d6 sneak attack for each particular bonus feat, because it isn't a level substitution, and you can't make that choice per level.

cylch
2011-03-14, 09:44 PM
Alright thank you that is what I thought when I read it.
So it would be the same for the rogue taking feats instead correct (Rogue2/XX whatever would have 2 fighter bonus feats?)

Toliudar
2011-03-14, 09:53 PM
Yes, that's right.

cylch
2011-03-14, 09:59 PM
Alright thank you both.
As an extra question what are some good feats for a scout based rogue (scout as concept not class) that a fighter gets as bonus?
I already have able learned (For multiclass) Weapon finesse, Shadow blade and adaptive style as a Rogue2/Swordsage4

Dusk Eclipse
2011-03-14, 10:15 PM
Darkstalker (LoM) is mandatory for any sneak-build that wants to avoid the more esoteric location abilities such as blindsight, blindsense Scent, tremorsense (?)

Curmudgeon
2011-03-14, 10:17 PM
Acrobatic Strike and Adaptable Flanker (Player's Handbook II) are both useful.

Backstab and Canny Opportunist (Dragon # 340) are also good.

gorfnab
2011-03-14, 10:54 PM
Alright thank you both.
As an extra question what are some good feats for a scout based rogue (scout as concept not class) that a fighter gets as bonus?
I already have able learned (For multiclass) Weapon finesse, Shadow blade and adaptive style as a Rogue2/Swordsage4
Craven (CoR) is nice for the extra damage boost. I would also advise you to read through The Rogue Handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8711233).

cylch
2011-03-14, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the suggestions but I don't think any of those will work,
Just to clarify I'm making a new character my first 2 levels are rogue but I am giving up sneak attack and taking the fighter bonus feat option so some of those are not on the list that I'm aware of.