PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite M&M powers?

Dragonmuncher
2011-03-15, 01:53 AM
So, I was going through the 3e M&M books, and I was wondering what everyone thought the most enjoyable powers are.

So, not necessarily the most powerful, just the ones that are really fun to use. Is Flight fun, or is it too annoying to track someone's three dimensional position? How about Super Speed?

Is it fun to inflict effects at range, or is it just really satisfying to throw someone into a wall?

Of course this is very subjective, both with the character you're playing and personal tastes. But still, I'm curious- what are some of your favorite powers to play with, and why?

Sindri
2011-03-15, 02:26 AM
I'm fond of Probability Manipulation myself, but it's expensive and tends to annoy GMs...

Shyftir
2011-03-15, 05:31 AM
Superspeed can be kinda broken (as of 2ed.) Flight isn't a problem because tracking the exact place you are at isn't so vital in M&M as other games. It's pretty easy for M&M to be an "all in your head" game. Supers can cross distances pretty easily, and there is no "full-attack because I'm right next to him" aspect to the combat.

JeminiZero
2011-03-15, 06:06 AM
In 2E, I like Continuous Create Objects, especialy if you add Stationary power feat (Continuous means it lasts until you dismiss it, so you can sustain multiple objects at once). Not sure how well it has translated into 3E/DCA. Anway, it has minimal combat power (because as Shiftir mentions there is no full attack, so enemies can just go round your walls), but its utility value is tremendous.

Need to tie up defeated enemies? Create shackles and a cage. Burning building? Create extra staircases to the windows. Tsunami approaching the shore? Spam protective walls to slow down the waves. And then after the Tsunami, create makeshift huts to house the survivors whose homes have been destroyed. Transported to the past/alien world and facing an evil overlord? Raise your own fortress! Also useful for repairing bridges, shoring up weakened structures, and much more.

The Rose Dragon
2011-03-17, 10:52 AM
I once created a PL 1 power that could destroy the world in a day, assuming no one decided to incapacitate the user. It cost something around 50 power points, but it was still technically PL 1.

Other than that, Transform and Affliction, for their sheer fun value. You can play the Doctor with only those two powers, if you're creative enough and can accept the lack of flight.

Shade Kerrin
2011-03-21, 10:14 PM
My personal favorite?

Not technically a power, but autofire(aka Retroactive Power Attack)

Leon
2011-03-22, 09:02 AM
Friction Control was lots of fun till the GM nerfed it so much the character was basically reduced to casting hold person

Darth Stabber
2011-03-22, 02:52 PM
Neutralize with Sustained or Continuous duration. It either stops fights on hit, or gets you hero points. Link it to blast and snare and you are forcing Toughness, Reflex and Will in one attack roll. Increase accuracy (and lower DC) since chances are 1 will stick.

Even though it is an extra, not a power my answer is LINKED POWER.