PDA

View Full Version : Need building help

Duskranger
2011-03-15, 12:04 PM
Dear Playgrounders,

I need help with a build until lvl 20. The first levels are already stanced in stone:

Non-psionic Thri-Keen
LA1
RHD1
RHD2
Swordsage 1

From there on I do not know it (Swordsage because of Shadow Blade Technique) can you please help me with feats and classes to make a nice/strong character.

Elric VIII
2011-03-15, 12:34 PM
I recommend Multiweapon Fighting, a level of Rogue for Craven, a dip into Hit-and-Run Fighter, and at least one more level of SS for Assassin's Stance.

Also, look at UA's LA buyoff, it makes playing a RHD/LA race less crippling.

Here's a suggested build to deal a bunch of damage:

LA +1: -
RHD 1: Multiweapon Fighting
RHD2: -
Swordsage 1: Shadowblade
Fighter 1: Improved Unarmed Stike
Rogue 1: -
Swordsage 2: Craven; Take Assassin's Stance
Rogue 2: -
Rogue 3: Penetrating Stike ACF
Barbarian 1: Snap Kick; Pounce Variant
Swashbuckler 1: -
Swashbuckler 2: -
Swashbuckler 3: Draing Outlaw

From here you can just finish off Swashbuckler, you are getting your multiweapon fighting + an unarmed stike each time you attack something.

With Pounce you get a full attack each time you charge.

You add your Str, Dex, and Int on all attacks. You add your HD + SA + Dex(again) against a flat-footed opponent. I recommend getting a Ring of Blink ASAP.

The big benefit of being able to make a bunch of attacks is the ability to add bonus damage (SA, SS, Skirmish) to all of your attacks.

Duskranger
2011-03-15, 12:38 PM
I recommend Multiweapon Fighting, a level of Rogue for Craven, a dip into Hit-and-Run Fighter, and at least one more level of SS for Assassin's Stance.

Also, look at UA's LA buyoff, it makes playing a RHD/LA race less crippling.

Here's a suggested build to deal a bunch of damage:

RHD 1: Multiweapon Fighting
RHD2: -
Swordsage 1: Shadowblade
Fighter 1: Improved Unarmed Stike
Swordsage 2: Craven; Take Assassin's Stance
Rogue 3: Penetrating Stike ACF
Barbarian 1: Snap Kick; Pounce Variant
Swashbuckler 1: -
Swashbuckler 2: -
Swashbuckler 3: Draing Outlaw

From here you can just finish off Swashbuckler, you are getting your multiweapon fighting + an unarmed stike each time you attack something.

With Pounce you get a full attack each time you charge.

You add your Str, Dex, and Int on all attacks. You add your HD + SA + Dex(again) against a flat-footed opponent. I recommend getting a Ring of Blink ASAP.

The big benefit of being able to make a bunch of attacks is the ability to add bonus damage (SA, SS, Skirmish) to all of your attacks.

My first level feat is weapon finesse because my dex is 21. And is it possible to get a build with less dipping? And I will use the UA rules of LA deleting :smallsmile:

I forgot my stats:
Str: 11
Dex: 21
Con: 15
Int: 12
Wis: 11
Cha: 9

Bibliomancer
2011-03-15, 12:42 PM
Swordsage 17 (+ 1 with LA buyoff) would be a fairly strong, simple build to play. Swordsages get enough class features (and maneuver advancing PrC are rare enough) that taking them to high levels isn't a total waste of time.

Alternatively, if you like having a wide variety of maneuvers, consider the Master of Nine PrC. Combined with swordsage, it gives you piles of maneuvers, although I would recommend trying to get the feat tax (5 in total) reduced via flaws or DM alteration. It's a 5 level PrC accessible at level...9 or 10, I think (I'm AFB right now).

A really nice feat with a dex that high would be Shadow Blade, which you qualify for as a swordage. It lets you add dex to damage.

Duskranger
2011-03-15, 12:45 PM
Swordsage 17 (+ 1 with LA buyoff) would be a fairly strong, simple build to play. Swordsages get enough class features (and maneuver advancing PrC are rare enough) that taking them to high levels isn't a total waste of time.

Alternatively, if you like having a wide variety of maneuvers, consider the Master of Nine PrC. Combined with swordsage, it gives you piles of maneuvers, although I would recommend trying to get the feat tax (5 in total) reduced via flaws or DM alteration. It's a 5 level PrC accessible at level...9 or 10, I think (I'm AFB right now).

A really nice feat with a dex that high would be Shadow Blade, which you qualify for as a swordage. It lets you add dex to damage.

That's why I want at least 1 level of Swordsage. Sadly the maneuvers are not that great, since they cost a standard action.

Elric VIII
2011-03-15, 12:51 PM
You could try just Rogue/Swordsage. You won't be able to add Int or Dex a second time to your damage, but you won't be helpless (considering you have 4 arms and a bite to pile on the damage).

If your DM allows Flaws, I recommend taking one and getting MWF early.

RHD 1: Weapon Finesse
RHD 2: -
Swordsage 1: Shadow Blade
Swordsage 2: Multiweapon Fighting; Assassin's Stance
Rogue 3: Penetrating Strike ACF

From here you can continue with Swordsage, however you will only get 8th level maneuvers (due to RHD and Rogue levels). Or, you can keep up Rogue. I recommend taking Craven and IUS/Snap Kick to pile on the extra attacks.