PDA

View Full Version : Coconut M&Ms

Muz
2011-03-15, 12:53 PM
Coconut M&Ms. They exist. (http://www.mms.com/us/about/products/coconut/) They contain no actual coconut.

Discuss.

(Someone I know did a brief bit of work recently for Steam, and found some there, along with various other huge supplies of food, candy, ping pong tables, pool tables, TVs, games, etc. No wonder Half-Life 2 ep 3 hasn't come out yet!)

Evil DM Mark3
2011-03-16, 06:07 AM

Why?

Someone explain please.

Innis Cabal
2011-03-16, 06:31 AM
Pretzel are better. And does it make me old that I can remember black m&m's?

Muz
2011-03-16, 12:35 PM
I cannot even fathom what kind of deranged mentality it takes to even CONSIDER putting prezels and M&Ms together. I like them both, but...separately. *shudders* :smallwink:

Probably the same sort of person who thinks pineapple on pizza is a good idea.

Why?

Someone explain please.

Because chocolate and coconut go together like... chocolate and peanut butter, or chocolate and strawberries, or chocolate and chip cookies. :smallwink:

I realize that there are those who don't like coconut, and they're certainly welcome to their opinion just so long as they realize the indisputable fact that they are wrong. :smallwink:

Pika...
2011-03-16, 12:48 PM
Now I got that Jamaican coconut song in my head. :smallconfused:

Marnath
2011-03-16, 12:50 PM
I realize that there are those who don't like coconut, and they're certainly welcome to their opinion just so long as they realize the indisputable fact that they are wrong. :smallwink:

Aside from, you know, the ones who would get sick and die if they had any.

Pika...
Aside from, you know, the ones who would get sick and die if they had any.

But what a delicious death it would be!

Xyk
I cannot even fathom what kind of deranged mentality it takes to even CONSIDER putting prezels and M&Ms together. I like them both, but...separately. *shudders* :smallwink:

Probably the same sort of person who thinks pineapple on pizza is a good idea.

Both of those things are delicious. Pineapple pizza and pretzel m&ms. I mean chocolate covered pretzels are delicious, so why not add a delicious colorful candy coating?

Gorgondantess
2011-03-16, 12:51 PM
I've had 'em. Not bad. Actually, they were reminiscent of a candy-coated crunch bar, though a bit softer.

Telonius
2011-03-16, 01:00 PM
Both of those things are delicious. Pineapple pizza and pretzel m&ms. I mean chocolate covered pretzels are delicious, so why not add a delicious colorful candy coating?

Perhaps we could put chocoloate-covered pretzels on a pineapple pizza...

ThePhantasm
2011-03-16, 01:03 PM
Hey. . . Pineapple pizza tastes great!

Icewalker
2011-03-16, 01:04 PM
Yep, that just sounds pretty much delicious. I'd totally have coconut m&ms.

mangosta71
2011-03-16, 01:08 PM
Pineapple by itself on a pizza is a little sweet for my taste. Cut the flavor with some ham, though... Chicken works almost as well. Wouldn't try it with sausage or pepperoni, though - then you get grease mixed in with sweet and the thought of that is enough to turn my stomach. Maybe if the sausage was very well drained...

Pika...
2011-03-16, 01:08 PM
I am now imagining pizza M&Ms for some reason. O.O

Xyk
2011-03-16, 01:19 PM
Perhaps we could put chocoloate-covered pretzels on a pineapple pizza...

I'd eat that.

Mauve Shirt
2011-03-16, 01:38 PM
Almond Joy pieces are candies just like Reese's Pieces, but with Almond Joy. They're strange, but tasty. I'd imagine the coconut M&Ms are similar.
Also, pineapple pizza is ok, chocolate-covered pretzels are amazing.

Syka
2011-03-16, 01:58 PM
We've sold coconut M&M's periodically since the summer of 2009. I finally got some this winter (first winter we had 'em, actually) and they aren't half bad. Pretty good, actually.

We also had Strawberried Peanut Butter M&M's in summer 2009 as a Transformers promo (don't ask me WHY that flavor). They were popular but I wasn't a big fan. Kinda like a candy coated PB&J.

Pika...
2011-03-16, 01:59 PM
We've sold coconut M&M's periodically since the summer of 2009. I finally got some this winter (first winter we had 'em, actually) and they aren't half bad. Pretty good, actually.

We also had Strawberried Peanut Butter M&M's in summer 2009 as a Transformers promo (don't ask me WHY that flavor). They were popular but I wasn't a big fan. Kinda like a candy coated PB&J.

OMG. I am so sad they are out of print. They must have been amazing. :smalleek:

Lyndworm
2011-03-16, 02:35 PM
Pineapple by itself on a pizza is a little sweet for my taste. Cut the flavor with some ham, though... Chicken works almost as well. Wouldn't try it with sausage or pepperoni, though - then you get grease mixed in with sweet and the thought of that is enough to turn my stomach. Maybe if the sausage was very well drained...

If you order sausage and pineapple on the same pizza, it does get kind of strange. I still eat it, of course, but the grease and sour/sweet interact oddly.

It's better if you make it yourself and drain the sausage, you're right. I make mini-pizzas out of bagels, and I fry some breakfast sausage broken into little chunks... Top it with mozzarella, cheddar, and colby-jack with a few pineapple chunks and you're golden.

Orzel
2011-03-16, 04:40 PM
Coco..nut... M... &Ms

WHAT SORT OF ABOMINATION IS THAT?

Its bad enough it is artificial!
Coconut is only to be eaten fresh!

*rampage*

Pika...
2011-03-16, 04:54 PM
Coco..nut... M... &Ms

WHAT SORT OF ABOMINATION IS THAT?

Its bad enough it is artificial!
Coconut is only to be eaten fresh!

*rampage*

Oooohh yeah....yum!

Orzel
2011-03-16, 04:58 PM
Oooohh yeah....yum!

Is that yum abominations or yum fresh coconut?

golentan
2011-03-16, 04:59 PM
Weird. I first hear about them monday, and then yesterday this thread goes up. Clearly fate is telling me to try them.

Pika...
2011-03-16, 05:06 PM
Is that yum abominations or yum fresh coconut?

Fresh. I loved it as a kid. My neighbor had a tree, and they would fall in my back yard.

A pain to open, though.

rayne_dragon
2011-03-16, 08:57 PM
I fail to understand how they can be coconut M&Ms if they have no coconut. They sound interesting, but I find M&Ms to be a little pricey compared to other candies that are just as good. Also, I'm more a fan of plain or crunchy M&Ms.

Soilborn
2011-03-16, 09:02 PM
Hey, pineapple and pepperoni actually go decently together. Don't get me wrong though, the pepperoni is no replacement for ham. Toss on some bacon for extra yums.

As for coconut M&Ms, I'd be more interested in an actual coconut. I can't remember the last time I've had M&Ms.

Ravens_cry
2011-03-17, 03:48 AM
Well, if it's fake, I'd rather have a Bounty, or a homemade Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chunk Cookie.
As for Pineapple Pizza, it's not my favourite kind, but it is good.

The Rose Dragon
2011-03-17, 05:35 AM
Ugh. Hate coconut. Hate the taste, hate the smell, hate everything about it.

It's just so bitter. How can you stand the taste?

Innis Cabal
2011-03-17, 05:39 AM
I don't know what coconut you've ever eaten, but coconut shouldn't ever be bitter.

Eldan
2011-03-17, 06:03 AM
It can, however, happen that some people just have strange reactions to certain tastes. I knew a guy who would swear milk tasted bitter.

Ravens_cry
2011-03-17, 06:06 AM
I personally can;t stand the taste of those hard sour banana candies. Artificial banana flavour is bad enough, but those are just, ugh.
Oh, and cherry flavour, mostly I think because of it is common in medicine and therefore is associated with such and it has this weird bitterness I do not enjoy terribly. I like cherry pie, though I prefer blueberry or blackberry, especially the small, wild, low bush, berries, or Saskatoon berries.

Archonic Energy
2011-03-17, 06:31 AM
Now I got that Jamaican coconut song in my head. :smallconfused:

this one? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbgv8PkO9eo) :smallamused:

Pika...
2011-03-17, 07:39 AM
this one? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbgv8PkO9eo) :smallamused:

Curse you! It's back. LoL

Perenelle
2011-03-20, 11:18 AM
Oh, and cherry flavour, mostly I think because of it is common in medicine and therefore is associated with such and it has this weird bitterness I do not enjoy terribly.

:smallyuk: I agree. Anything cherry or grape (especially grape) artificially flavored I can't stand, I feel like I'm eating cough syrup. The only thing I'm okay with being cherry flavored are snow cones and those freeze-pop things in the plastic tubes. But anything else.... *shudders* awful.

In response to the original post, I can't believe they're artificially flavored. I really like coconut and chocolate in most cases (especially Almond Joys. =3 ) But artificially flavored coconut..?:smallconfused: I'm not sure about that one. I dunno why they wouldn't just use real coconut. I saw the m&ms the other day, maybe I'll give them a shot. Still sounds iffy though.

Elder Tsofu
2011-03-20, 11:37 AM
I hated coconut for many years. Then I tasted coconut ice-cream and now-days I somehow get a craving whenever I see ice-cream or chocolate bars with coconut in them.

I'd probably would have tried them, but I think it is a bit low to have the taste made artificial when the crunch is half the experience!

golentan
2011-03-20, 12:07 PM
They're fairly tasty, having had a bag now. Not something I'd go out of my way for, but not bad.

Sensate
2011-03-20, 04:35 PM
Love coconut. That looks like one of the best snacks to go with a good movie or such. :smallamused:

Too bad I'm not likely to ever find one 'round these parts.

Elder Tsofu
2011-03-20, 04:43 PM
...!
Why haven't I thought of bringing a bag of Bounty to the cinema! :smallsigh: