PDA

View Full Version : The glory of the mind

Hazzardevil
2011-03-15, 01:35 PM
The OOC of doom. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10561129#post10561129)

You are Not in a tavern, your outside a fountain in the middle of a well established town with a multitude of races.
You see your employer stading in front of you.
She seems to keep changing. One moment a male, the next a female and then shrinking into a halfling.

You see a tavern North of you and to the south a Weapon store. Opposite that is a store with a young charismatic sorcerer or bard owner.
You remember going in there but not how you left or what you did there.

Your employer appears to want to speak.

Drothmal
2011-03-15, 02:08 PM
Caelon

Fully geared in his dark armor and with his dark helmet still on, Caelon keeps one eye on the employer and one eye on Dimble, making sure he feels safe. He remains silent, waiting for Cyrielle to speak.

goken04
2011-03-15, 06:53 PM
Dimble seems visibly shaken. Ed, the blue psicrystal, climbs over his back and onto his shoulder and is buzzing with excitement. "What was that? I... I remember going into that shop, but not coming out."

He pauses, looks around, and then lowers his voice. "What do you think he did to us?"

Hazzardevil
2011-03-16, 04:19 PM
Your employer begins to speak.

I apologise for what happened in the shop, you saw a few things in there you weren't supposed to.
I have hired you all for a mission. Where I come from Elan's have been appearing and I have a theory they are undead. I wish to study the phenomena.

He sighs slightly then looks away for a moment.

Due to various Vows I have taken for my research I am unable to go on the trip myself.
When you went into the shop I gave you your pay, rather strangely you spent it almost completey immediatly.

My names Drov'son. We shall leave tomorrow.
We will be staying in a INN

He puts extreme pronouciation on Inn.

I dislike taverns due to the Brawls and scumbags that appear there.

Drov'son the Healer (http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=46616) joined your party!

Ridai
2011-03-16, 05:14 PM
A frown forms on Cyrielle's face as she listens to the shapechanger. "With all due respect, Drov'son, I cannot remember you, what happened in the shop, having agreed to anything or a single reason why I would work as a mercenary. Considering this, what you say has little weight to me and saying that you hired and paid us during these circumstances makes you more suspicious than anything. Thus, I am sorry to say that I am inclined to refuse helping you." Her words sound absolute, having no reason to trust her opposite.

Seriously? This kind of railroading right from the beginning? :smallannoyed:

soulsabre345
2011-03-16, 05:50 PM
Narez is sitting near the back of the group, not saying anything but just watching, no quite knowing what to make of their employer's assertions, or if what he said was true or not, or any number of questions more about this situation, waiting for more information before talking.

goken04
2011-03-16, 08:31 PM
"Did someone... mess with my mind...?!" Dimble begins to shake. Is it with his usual fear? Or perhaps... it is rage? An emotion rarely seen in the fearful goblin.

Ridai
2011-03-17, 01:27 AM
"It seems I'm not the only one." Cyrielle comments, looking back at Dimble, before she turns towards their "employer", her expression suddenly changing towards the charming, inviting. "Because of the severity of the current circumstances, the only course of action I will take is getting answers and since you apparently seem so interested in our skills, I think you wouldn't mind giving a lady in need hand as expected of a true gentleman, would you?" A smile appears on Cyrielle's gorgeous face, as she looks deeply into the shapechanger's eyes.

Diplomacy check 1d20+25
If the roll doesn't work because of the forum reorganization, I'll take 10 for a result of 35.

Hazzardevil
2011-03-17, 01:00 PM
I'm changing the colour for NPC's to DarkSlateGray

Theres nothing to worry about the memory wipe, It's just because of a few frightful things you saw down there.

I'm not trying to railroad.
Also I wasn't clear on memory wipe, I meant just memorys of the shop. You can remember everything else.

Damn it.
One minute the memory loss spell went wrong.

He waves his hand a bit and memorys return.

Now that the issue of memory loss is out the way, I'm sure you can remember our agreement.

Your fine don't worry goblin. Theres nothing to worry about.

Ridai
2011-03-18, 06:26 AM
Cyrielle crosses her arms and puts on a stern look, her voice more than a little intimidating to listen to. "Listen to me and listen to me well. You are not the one who decides what I should or should not remember. The fact that you manipulated my memories is more than enough of a reason to straight up cancel our 'agreement' and make you pay dearly, as I absolutely do not look kindly upon something of this magnitude. You will restore my memories completely and you will do it right now. After that, we'll see about that mission of yours and if I still want to do that, I will do it because those undead Elan pose a threat to the common people, not because of your curiosity or your filthy money, as I said earlier. Have I made myself clear?"

Why exactly can the group not handle what they saw in the shop, even though the healer can? The lowest Will modifier we have in the group is +8, compared to the +9 of the healer, and Cyrielle shouldn't be affected at all because of her being fearless. The healer has no special protection whatsoever.

Memory loss can work and be interesting, but it has to be used well.