PDA

View Full Version : Metropolis Necropolis Group A IC

OMG PONIES
2011-03-15, 04:24 PM
The lot of you sit in beautifully upholstered leather armchairs in a spacious office at Morgrave University filled with various degrees, plaques, and stuffed trophies. The Dean of Martial Studies keeps one hand on his sword, pacing as he speaks to you. A firm, muscular man, his face has grown gaunt and tired in recent days. "I've called you here because you are some of the most promising individuals this university has to offer," he barks, "and because something must be done about this zombie threat. We need you to venture into the city. The Dean of Magical Studies is meeting with another such group, so fear not--you are not alone. However, we do not know what awaits you beyond the Commons. Travel quickly, and fight bravely."

He unfurls a scroll on his desk, and you see that it is a magical map of the city. Some sections are yellow in color, while others are green. "The plague has already begun to spread. Eliminate it, however you see fit." A faint sound from outside causes him to unsheathe his sword, but he looks to you sheepishly as he realizes it is no immediate threat. "The longer you tarry, the greater the threat. Go!"

The group has received a map of the city (http://questoflongitude.zoomshare.com/1.html).

tigerusthegreat
2011-03-15, 04:40 PM
"I've seen these things first hand, and they are terrible. I believe our best option is to pick a defensible district, secure it, then move on to the connected areas, fortifying and removing the undead as we go. Either the uppermost or the cogs makes the most sense to secure, working our way down or up respectively. The Upper city makes the most sense to me, as we can isolate the districts, securing the bridges. I believe we should start with The Skywall, secure it, move on to the other upper sections that are infected, killing two birds with one stone."

The grizzles paladin has a stare that seems to go past you. "My name is Jermaine, by the way."

chrisrawr
2011-03-15, 05:55 PM
"Sounds good to me, Jermaine," said a tall, lanky man of indeterminate age. "Name's Andrew, it's a pleasure to meet you. Seeing as you have some clue as to what you're doing, I suggest we get moving while you explain - time, as they say, is of the essence."

Andrew stands and makes his way towards the door, pulling open and then stepping aside. He gestures with his free hand to the people in the room. "After you?"

tigerusthegreat
2011-03-15, 05:58 PM
"I have....some firsthand knowledge." The paladin shudders visibly. "Though I don't know how useful it is."

ghostaxe
2011-03-15, 06:08 PM
"Uncle Subar, where are we going?" utters a small, frightened voice from inside the whisper gnome's pack. "Where are mommy and daddy?"

"Hush, now, little Marla, Uncle Subar's going to look for them right now. Sharn's a big city, and right now lots of bad people are taking it over, so it's a little difficult looking for them. Promise you'll be quiet, and Uncle Subar will give you a treat later." soothingly replies Subar, though his face clearly expresses his concern at the grave situation. "Play with Gomes, I taught him how to play Nim just a couple days ago."

Subar looks up at this companions. "I agree. Let's start close to where we are now, in case we need to hastily retreat and recover. I'm not sure why I'm in this group, rather than the other, for I'm a bit of a wizard by training, but I will help all that I can."

arkol
2011-03-15, 06:09 PM
As the DMS hands out the map a thin elf with fiery hair and eyes takes it and examines it without saying a word. He takes a good look at every level of the city and then hands it over to whoever picks it up next.

His torso sports a bandolier with a variety of throwing weapons and at his waist a small sword hangs from his belt. On his back the blade of a guisarme tops over his head.

He bows to the Dean and nods to the humans heading for the door...

ghostaxe
2011-03-15, 06:31 PM
Subar puzzles over the map for a little bit. "How about starting with Upper Menthis? It's close to here, and if we're successful, we can press on with momentum into central Menthis.

Let's not try to be too ambitious initially... we have no idea the power of these undead. Let's start by rescuing whoever's still there, and barricading the egresses from that district to prevent contamination."

Subar considers the group and continues, hesitantly. "I... also have some experience with undead. Let's just say that while there are powerful intelligent undead that I've heard of, the vast majority are mindless. And there are ways of bending the wills of the mindless. Please trust me and do not be alarmed if I should demonstrate this in the near future; I mean no one any harm, nor have I ever created undead in the past. That is my word."

arkol
2011-03-15, 07:45 PM
The elf raises an eyebrow at the small gnome words showing some suspicion ---> :smallconfused:

because I can! :smallbiggrin:
Sense Motive: [roll0]

yeah! waste those natural ones on meaningless rolls baby! :smallcool:

OneCalledBlue
2011-03-15, 08:24 PM
A large warforged rose from it's chair taking a look at the map.
He stood large and well built, his adamantine armor glinted a dull blue in the light and crystalline formations underneath glowed a dim green. He wore a very large hat, very very large, and a long cotton cloak, both of white. He had a large crysal shield slung on his back and a crystal longsword at his belt.
Hanging about his kneck was a gleaming icon of the sovereign host, glinting in the light as he moved.

"I am not overly experienced in this sort of thing to be quite honest. My expertise lay in other areas.... further afield. But starting from above and cleansing then fortifying an area from further zombie infiltration before moving on seems to be a good way to go." it said in a metalic robotic voice. "We should also perhaps fortify areas that have so far shown no signs of infection as we pass through them."

He looked again at the map.
"The bridges in the central column are the easiest to secure. We should fortify the upper central plateau and then move down and clean and fortify the middle central plateau. That would provide a more secure centre for operations in the top. Then we could return upward and move to the Menthis Plateau and do the same there. With the two plateaus more secure we can control those bridges and move more freely about the city no matter how bad this gets."

tigerusthegreat
2011-03-15, 08:26 PM
"Then let us try to stem the infection here, and secure this area."

OOC: seems like we're in agreement. Action: cleanse and fortify Upper Menthis (speak out in OOC thread if you don't want to fortify, but I think we have time to do it, and it firmly secures this area)

OneCalledBlue
2011-03-15, 08:30 PM
"We could start with either the central or menthis. Central would be less work initially. Prevention is better than cure though I think. If we could contain it in the areas that are already infected then it would make the job easier." he paused.
"You may all call me Cog by the way."

ghostaxe
2011-03-15, 08:47 PM
"Let's not rush headlong into danger. I propose we fortify for now, and leave stamping out the source of the undead until later, when we know more about them." voices Subar.

(support fortify, strongly oppose cleanse)

OneCalledBlue
2011-03-15, 08:54 PM
Cog grumbles.
"Not much point fortifying a section that is infested until it is cleansed. Else you are just locking the undead in with the living and creating a larger problem later. Not to mention the moral problems associated with what you propose. Cleansing should be our primary focus. Sure it is more dangerous, but I'm not here to be a coward."

tigerusthegreat
2011-03-15, 08:55 PM
"I will admit, I am not eager to face these things again, but I don't know how effective just shoring up defenses will be. We will have to face these things soon enough, and a critical strike will drive them from the district, making it safer."

OneCalledBlue
2011-03-15, 09:00 PM
"We could however fortify an infected area if we commit to cleansing it after should it still remain infected." he added thoughtfully nodding at jermaine's words.

ghostaxe
2011-03-15, 09:12 PM
"There's no cowardice in studying your enemy before engaging. To know oneself and one's enemy is to win a hundred battles of a hundred. Surely you wouldn't want to charge an army of skeletons with a longsword?

Of course we will take care of all districts in due time. For now, though, our first priority is containing the infestation, staying alive, and learning about our enemies."

chrisrawr
2011-03-15, 09:13 PM
Still holding the door, Andrew's smile becomes strained. "I think that whatever we decide on, we can decide it on our way, wouldn't you agree?"

tigerusthegreat
2011-03-15, 09:17 PM
"Perhaps ensuring the people are safe, and securing the area is most useful at this point. Let us get going then." Slinging his shield onto his arm, and making sure his mace is in reach, and heads out into the street.

OOC: guess we've decided on fortifying Upper Mentis then.

OneCalledBlue
2011-03-15, 09:26 PM
ooc: yeah fortify upper Menthis.

Cog nods seeming satisfied to some degree.
"Yes let's not waste any more time." and heads out the door with the others.

ghostaxe
2011-03-15, 09:51 PM
Subar casts a spell on himself, draws out a wand, and follows the others out.

mage armor casted, wand of command undead out.

chrisrawr
2011-03-16, 01:37 AM
As he follows behind, Andrew also casts mage armour on himself, marching in a horrendous mockery of military formation.

yugi24862
2011-03-16, 11:35 AM
Harbal sat silently as the others discused how to try and stem the undead tide. After they had made a plan, he spoke "My name is Harbal, I have skill in combat but have not fought undead before. Your plan is good, so lets go"

Readied Maneuvers:Iron heart Surge (Iron heart, level 3)
Mountain Hammer (Stone dragon, level 2)Emerald Razor (Diamond mind, level 2)Charging Minotaur (Stone dragon, level 1)
Stance active: Leading the charge (White Raven, level 1, 5+ damage on charging)

OMG PONIES
2011-03-16, 12:01 PM
As you exit the university, the Commons are beset with an eery quiet. Gone are the students that usually flurry from one tower to another with books, weapons, and instruments in hand. Gone are the professors giving outdoor dissertations on Sharn’s clear days. Instead, there is nothing. As you enter into the Plateau proper, though, you are assaulted by a bevy of sounds and activity. Criminals are looting storefronts, running from the horrific creatures that chase them down. Lost children cry in doorways, desperately looking for parents that aren’t coming home. Fires burn where they shouldn’t, and they’re extinguished in the hearths where they should be roaring.

One building, however, is lit from within. All of you recognize the building as the Khavish Theater, a popular venue in the gnomish neighborhood of Den’iyas. Furthermore, you hear the quiet din of activity within and…can it be? Laughter! Might there be survivors still alive inside?

tigerusthegreat
2011-03-16, 12:47 PM
Jermaine glares at the looters, but realizes there is a more important matter at hand. When he sees the infected, his hand starts to shake, and it takes a moment of concentration to stop it. Finally his attention turns to the theater.

"There, in the theater. If there are people alive in there, it can be fortified and used as a safe area for the people in this district."

OneCalledBlue
2011-03-16, 10:09 PM
"I agree, however I have a strange feeling that the merriment within is perhaps out of place." Cog replies as he un-slings his shield and clips it onto his left arm.
For a moment cog takes hold of his icon and prays. A soft white glow emanates from him and envelopes Jermaine via thin silver cord of light.
Slowly the light fades and Cog looks up, he opens his hand and his sword leaps from it's scabbard, the crystalline blade glowing a dull blue.

ooc: Shield other on Jermaine linking him with me.

ghostaxe
2011-03-17, 12:10 AM
Subar had a bad feeling about it, but seeing his companions talk and generally not walk in, Subar sighs and says, "Fine, I suppose I can take point."

He walks up to the main theater doors, and pushes it ajar, just enough to see inside while maintaining some degree of cover.

Listen: 1d20+7
Spot: 1d20+12

Hide: 1d20+13

Edit: Is something zarked with the forum roller?

OneCalledBlue
2011-03-17, 01:58 AM
OOC: Forum dice roller was taken offline as the new forum changes broke it. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?f=30&a=58)

ghostaxe
2011-03-17, 06:18 PM
Listen: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

Hide: [roll2]

arkol
2011-03-17, 07:15 PM
The yet unamed elf follows Subar froma distance drawing his guisarm as he does so.

OMG PONIES
2011-03-17, 08:59 PM
As the door swings open, all of you see a theater performance in full swing, almost as if it was a normal Saturday night in Sharn. At the center of the stage, a small man is in the middle of a monologue. "And so," he says with a flourish of his arm, "even though their pond be dry, the five ducks go on quacking nonetheless." The audience bursts into uproarious applause, silenced with another gesture from the man at center stage. "Intermission, dears," he calls to them, "the next act begins in five minutes." Nobody in the theater seems to recognize that the door has swung open.

Ghostaxe (or Spot DC 25 to open):
By his upturned moustache and delicate little beard, you recognize the man speaking as Kessler, renowned gnomish satirist (and something of a celebrity in Sharn).

tigerusthegreat
2011-03-17, 09:10 PM
"Fools." Jermaine says quietly. "Such things distract the mind from what is important. There is a time and place for theater. This is not one of them."

ghostaxe
2011-03-18, 12:05 AM
"Oh, that's Kessler in there doing the entertaining! I think he's pretty famous, because even I've heard of him. Or maybe it's just because I'm also a gnome. Anyway, he seems to be doing a good job of keeping the people calm in this time of crisis. We should enter and greet him."

Subar pushes the door fully open, and unless he sees undead in the building, will walk in towards Kessler.

chrisrawr
2011-03-18, 12:12 AM
"Quite a man to keep his head afloat in these troubled waters, and to stage-play as well!" Andrew shakes his head, and glances warily about before he follows Subar into the theater. "We don't really have time for this, if I might be perfectly honest, but if seeing it through will speed us on our way I can see that there's little going to get in the way of our merry band having words." Not wanting to sound too rude, he adds, "Perhaps we might as well learn something of the local situation from him, if it's there to be learned."

OneCalledBlue
2011-03-18, 01:54 AM
Cog stops at the door and waits. It still doesn't feel right. Maybe it is my imagination. He thought.
"I'll guard the door why you all talk then." he says as the others stride into the theatre. Cog looks out into the street and whispers quietly to Jermaine he walks by. "Something isn't quite right. Would you mind staying here with me for a moment."

OMG PONIES
2011-03-18, 06:14 AM
Kessler waddles toward the lot of you. "Ah, yes, the patrons rude enough to enter in the throes of my passionate monologue," he says with a chuckle as the patrons mill about. "But still, patrons nonetheless. Tell me, how were you able to find us? Do you have a skilled seer in your group?"

tigerusthegreat
2011-03-18, 07:12 AM
Jermaine follows Cog outside, but remains silent as the two guard the door.

arkol
2011-03-18, 08:39 AM
The elf is startled for a momment. Is it possible that the gnome actually doesn't know what's going on outside? Or is something else aloft?

He whispers:

"Hey Paladin... do your stuff..."

ghostaxe
2011-03-18, 02:23 PM
Subar is a bit taken aback by Kessler's last comment, and considers for a moment whether it was a joke, or the revelation of a sinister cabal. Not really knowing, Subar takes a cautious approach that could address both and responds,

"Apologies for the intrusion, but your routines are so impressive that it could rouse the dead. And speaking of which, have you noticed the zombies outside?"

Subar continues remaining vigilant for any signs of trouble.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

OMG PONIES
2011-03-18, 02:53 PM
Kessler smiles broadly at Subar's comment and bows slightly. "Yes, yes, you're too kind," he titters in mock humility. "Of course we've noticed them; the question is, have they noticed us? As of yet they haven't, thanks to my assistant Pierre. A promising young illusionist, that boy." He continues his soliloquoy, barely noticing the rest of the party. "I briefly toyed with the idea of a horror-comedy where the not-so-dead get free admission, but they'd probably think the seats were the concession stands, the poor dolts."

Suddenly, he realizes that you just walked in the front door. His face twists like one who has just smelt a sour tomato, his demeanor turns sour, and he glowers at all of you. His voice drops to a hiss, all of its humor gone. "I must know how you bypassed the illusion obscuring the door. You did have to bypass the illusion obscuring the door, no?"

A small gnomish boy bounds down the stares that lead to the balcony, smiling widely. "Due minuti fino alle tende in su per l'atto seguente, Signor Kessler,"* he pipes. Kessler turns to him and his smile instantly returns. "Certamente," he chirps, "il mio buon ragazzo. I' il ll è immediatamente pronto. Me un favore e un'ampiezza Pierre, lo voglio?"*

Gnomish speakers only:
"Two minutes until curtains up for the next act, Mister Kessler."

"Certainly, my good boy. I'll be ready in a flash. Do me a favor and fetch Pierre, will you?"

*OOC: Sorry if the Italian's off; it's just a quick Altavista translation. I've found that it helps give an impression of the language for nonspeakers while obscuring the actual text.

ghostaxe
2011-03-18, 03:02 PM
"Ah..." starts Subar, not quite sure how to respond. Then he decides that there must be honor among gnomes--gnomes look out for each other, after all.

He whispers back, "I do believe you've been tricked... while we gnomes are strong of will, the rest of those meatbags back there aren't, and there's no way every one of them would have disbelieved the illusion. Perhaps you could move your act and your audience to near Morgrave University? That seems to be more defensible position than here, and there are more guards there."

You guys didn't IC hear Subar call your characters meatbags. :smallbiggrin:

yugi24862
2011-03-18, 03:57 PM
No, we did not to bypass your illusion. The door were as clear as day. By the way, you might want to muffle the sound from here, as thats how we found that this place was in use. Harbal uneasealy glanced back at the doorway, how did the illusions disappear? or was something else happening?

OMG PONIES
2011-03-18, 04:50 PM
Is it safe to assume that Subar is speaking Gnomish?
Kessler shakes his head, then nods, and finally bursts into raucous laughter. ”Yes, yes, the trickster has been tricked. What dreadful, delicious irony! The show must go on, yes? But no, we mustn’t move to the University. Not only would we waste our glorious setpieces, but perhaps some of the audience as well, even in the short distance to Morgrave.” The young gnomish assistant comes bounding down the steps, the smile gone from his face. ”Signor Kessler, Pierre sta dormendo! Fa questa media che il suo periodo nascondentesi è…è fatto?”

Gnomish speakers only:
“Mister Kessler, Pierre is sleeping! Does this mean that his Hiding spell is...is...done?”

Kessler does not respond, but begins feverishly twirling his moustache and tapping his toe. Suddenly, his eyes light up and he snaps his fingers. He addresses the group for the first time. ”I’ve got it! We simply add some roles to the last act! You shall all play the part of ticket takers, and you shall ensure that none come through these doors without a ticket—certainly the not-so-dead won’t have those, so you shall turn them all away as if this was a sold-out premiere. Keep them at bay while we get to the denouement, please.” The light in his eyes becomes hazy as they well up with tears. ”The people need this…I need this…we all need to feel normal, if but for one act. Will you accept this role?”

ghostaxe
2011-03-18, 05:02 PM
Yes, that's correct, Subar whispered in Gnomish back to Kessler.

Subar responds almost instantly, "Of course we will... on the condition that you and your audience move to Morgrave University after the play. We can't defend this theater forever, after all."

Subar turns to his companions. "Well then, folks, shall we arrange a little sideshow of our own with the not-so-dead?"

Subar stands in the middle of the first row (facing outwards), so that he has clear line of sight on any enemies that would approach, but is also relatively protected.

arkol
2011-03-18, 05:09 PM
"Are you out of your mind? You want to keep a... play going while armageddon is upon us? We don't have time for this..."

Strongly against staying here besides I think it doesn't make any kind of IC sense

ghostaxe
2011-03-18, 05:18 PM
"Come now, the maestro has much more influence over his audience than we ever will.. and if he's going to put on the last act, the people will stay to watch. If we leave the theater undefended, we're turning a blind eye to the helpless people inside to the zombie swarms. The last act won't be more than half an hour; we can do this for the maestro."

arkol
2011-03-18, 05:23 PM
The elf wait to see what the others have to say about this madness...

yugi24862
2011-03-18, 05:42 PM
I agree, while defending here is a bad move, Leaving them is even worse. Quickly, Harbal moved outside and started to keep watch, hoping the undead would ignore them and go after easer targets, but he had a feeling, and the feeling said this would be hard...

chrisrawr
2011-03-18, 05:53 PM
Barely suppressing his laughter, Andrew adds, "It is no small role, we would be happy to pick it up for you. We shall not fall short in our duties! It would belittle us to let even a single member of your audience come to harm."

tigerusthegreat
2011-03-18, 05:58 PM
Outside, Jermaine watches the entrance, defending it as best he can. He uses his divine power to detect evil around him, trying to find the undead (also checking to see if the undead detect as evil).

OneCalledBlue
2011-03-18, 07:49 PM
Cog does not respond to the nonsense coming from inside. He merely grunts his ascention to the plan laid out.
"I think there must be a madness spell of some sort cast on that place." he says quietly to Jermaine. "See anything?"

OMG PONIES
2011-03-18, 09:31 PM
Kessler looks at the group expectantly. "So tell me, will you help us? I know it sounds crazy, but if you buy me enough time to finish this performance, I can get to work making some high-level illusions of my own without having a divided focus. The patrons here will be able to stay safe without the not-so-dead knowing a thing.

I fear that if we don't finish, the people will grow restless and leave. For most of them, that would mean certain death. I am no fool--protecting these people is my first priority. First, we must placate them before we can protect them. So, friends, will you aid me?"

OneCalledBlue
2011-03-19, 12:51 AM
Cog continues to keep lookout while everyone inside chatters.

OOC:
[roll0] Listen
[roll1] Spot

ghostaxe
2011-03-19, 03:28 PM
Subar shouts out in Gnomish from his position outisde the theater, "Go ahead and start you act! Even if thise guys leave, I'll be here to protect your show!"

arkol
2011-03-20, 07:03 AM
Not actually beliving in what he's about to do the elf starts looking around for a good defensive position maybe gathering a few crates or barrels or whatever is at hand to better defend the theatre.

OMG PONIES
2011-03-23, 03:46 PM
Please let me know if I have your positions generally correct, with what I've gleamed from your IC posts. Each character is represented by a blue circle, abbreviated by the first letter of your character name. The exception is Andrew--since Aramil is also an A name, I marked Andrew with a D for Drew. I hope this is okay. Also, one thing I forgot to put on the legend--striped squares are stairs, while thick striped squares represent ladders. If a square is grayed out (on the second floor), that means it is not considered a part of that floor.

Aramil, you don't see any barrels, crates, or other items to use for cover. You do see some items in the wings, but they seem to be some of the setpieces Kessler is so fiercely guarding.

MAP (spoilered for width):
http://questoflongitude.zoomshare.com/files/MNATheater.bmp

Kessler turns on his heels. "Fantastico, terrifico!" he chirps, "Then let us commence the final act!"

Everyone, roll initiative. If I have misjudged your starting position, please let me know.

arkol
2011-03-23, 04:04 PM
I say the DM rolls ini for everyone to save some time...

but since I'm here anyway...

[roll0]

arkol
2011-03-23, 04:08 PM
I say the DM rolls ini for everyone to save some time...

but since I'm here anyway...

[roll0]

ghostaxe
2011-03-23, 04:14 PM
Subar would like to start at N8, so he can cover the North and East entrances.

Init: [roll0]

yugi24862
2011-03-23, 04:18 PM
I'll change to D17 to cover down there and Init

[roll0]

chrisrawr
2011-03-23, 04:30 PM
Andrew's happy where he is.

[roll0]

tigerusthegreat
2011-03-23, 05:52 PM
Jermaine will remain where he is.

Rolls:
[roll0]

OneCalledBlue
2011-03-23, 07:53 PM
Cog will hold his sword and shield ready and stay right where he is.

[roll0]

OMG PONIES
2011-03-24, 10:27 AM
So, the initiative order is as follows: Before the baddies: Harbal, Subar, Andrew, Jermaine The baddies After the baddies: Aramil, Cog Also, as discussed in the OOC, anyone from the “before the baddies” group can take their next round’s action any time after the baddies (if they don’t want to wait for others to act).
Kessler claps his hands together once and runs to the front of the stage. ”Entr’acte!” he shouts. The actors on the stage begin the scene, tucking their hands into their armpits and quacking loudly at each other. The crowd bursts into uproarious applause before a word is even said. Meanwhile, all seems to be quiet both inside and outside the theater.

MAP (spoilered for width)
http://questoflongitude.zoomshare.com/files/theater.bmp

yugi24862
2011-03-24, 11:13 AM
Harbal stands outside one of the side entrances to the theater, shivering in the cold of a winters day. He keeps an eye out for approaching undead, ready to charge at them with all his might.

Spot checks! [roll0] I failed. Badly :smallfrown:

ghostaxe
2011-03-24, 02:09 PM
Subar, likewise, is alert for trouble. He will ready a standard action to fiery burst any undead that come within 30 feet of his current position.

Fiery Burst damage: [roll2], Reflex DC 14 for half. (edit: 2 damage points, Fort save DC 17 or be injured, <8 = destroyed).

chrisrawr
2011-03-24, 02:12 PM
Andrew is enjoying the performance, and zombies be damned!

tigerusthegreat
2011-03-25, 03:45 PM
Jermaine watches and waits for anything to show up (still detecting evil)

OMG PONIES
2011-03-28, 05:14 PM
http://questoflongitude.zoomshare.com/files/theater1.bmp
Is this wide enough that I have to spoiler for width?

As all of you defend your positions, an eery quiet befalls the theater. Kessler is hustling to get back to the stage, and the crowd watches him with rapt attention, barely aware that anything else is even happening in the world. Jermaine's detect evil doesn't even register a blip. The southernmost door bursts open with a deafening clatter, but none in the seats even turn to acknowledge it. A human clad in the heaviest of armor lumbers through the door, but you can see through the cracks in his full plate that this man is no longer living. He lets out a dreadful moan as he lurches toward the closest row of spectators.

It is now the group’s initiative. Feel free to post actions as you see fit.

DM ONLY:
[roll0]

chrisrawr
2011-03-28, 05:21 PM
Andrew continues watching the performance, as raptly as any of the audience.

ghostaxe
2011-03-28, 05:57 PM
Subar immediately jumps into action, moving to N16 and invoking a Fiery Burst on the enemy (centered K-L 19-20 so as to not hit the audience).

Fire Damage: [roll0], Reflex DC 14 for half. (edit: 2 damage points, Fort save DC 17 or be injured, <8 = destroyed).

OneCalledBlue
2011-03-29, 07:23 AM
Cog whips about at the sound of the door crashing inward.
He points at the two inside the door.
"Aramil you need to secure the north door, Andrew you need to go and help out at the south door. Jermain and I still need to hold this door."

tigerusthegreat
2011-03-29, 10:14 AM
Jermaine waits by the door. Watching the newcomer, and hoping his allies can handle the front door while he reinforces the side. The fact that the side door is breached means that the whole side there is weaker. He makes a quick tactical decision, and moves towards the breached door.

(moving to H 18 which should be my max 40 move if I calculated right. If I'm off, then G17 or I 19 depending. I'll also draw my mace as I move).

Vital Stats:
AC: 21 Touch: 11 Saves: F: 6 R: 5 W: 6
+9/+4 Mace (+1 Truedeath Heavy Mace) 1d8+3 damage + 1d6 vs undead
Iron Guard's Glare (Stance): enemies in my threatened area take -4 penalty to attacks vs allies except myself
Readied Maneuver: Crusader's Strike: 1 action melee attack, attack against 1 foe with alignment at least 1 step different from mine heals 1d6+5 damage to an ally within 10ft or myself

arkol
2011-03-29, 12:21 PM
I was just waiting to see when would this happen... I've yet to say my name IC, and no one has asked (which I found funny). So I guess that instead of saying "Hey Aramil" you actually go "Hey ELF!" just like someone we know (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0215.html) :smallbiggrin:

The elf nods at Cog's words and starts moving towards he north doors stoping by the first, smaller door.

Move to G5 and ready an action to attack any undead that might get trough

chrisrawr
2011-03-29, 02:41 PM
Andrew startles from his reverie, looking around - "Wha- huh?" As he spots the zombie, unnoticed by the crowd, his face blanches. "Right, time for business." He moves quickly to 17G, and then casts grease over 20 and 21 K and L.

""That should keep any reinforcements busy... You guys deal with them as they come through and I'll keep the entrances backed up!"

yugi24862
2011-03-29, 04:54 PM
Hearing the zombie break into the theater, Harbal ran towards the zombie, his greatsword drawn mid-stride.

Moving to J19 with a double-move, drawing my greatsword

OMG PONIES
2011-03-30, 03:27 PM
I’ve rolled Harbal’s STR check and PC will saves to save time and keep up the pace. If anyone has problems with this technique, please let me know and I’ll not make your reactive rolls for you in the future. The dotted areas on the map represent the seats—difficult terrain. Also, the green creatures with little Cs in their circle are now confused. It is now the group's initiative; everyone has 48 hours to post their next action.

MAP (Spoilered for width):
http://questoflongitude.zoomshare.com/files/theater2.bmp

Harbal tries to smash through the door, but the wood proves hardy under his shoulder and he recoils into the street. From his vantagepoint, he can see two other undead beasts running towards the theater--two large, undead dire apes move toward the entrance, even quicker than they moved in life. One passes right by Cog, allowing him the opportunity to strike at it. Both apes run up the steps to the balcony, letting loose with crazed bellows as they ascend to the second floor. Kessler’s assistant runs backward up the stairs, nearly tripping in his attempt to outrun the creatures. Kessler himself is entirely unaware of the distraction, as he finally makes his way back to center stage and strikes a pose.

Meanwhile, on the first floor, the human zombie lets out a horrid moan, equal parts a wheeze and a scream. A sense of bedlam befalls the theater. Some patrons rise from their seats and run toward the door, while others either babble incoherently or attack those around them in the frenzy. Though the creature catches Andrew and Jermaine in the radius of the effect, the two heroes are far to brave to succumb.

Spellcraft DC 18 to open:
The zombie cast confusion, though it did so as a spell-like ability.

Knowledge (religion) DC 16 to open:
The human zombie seems to have been graced by some dark ritual, known as Unholy Evolution. This process strengthens the creature’s connection to the Negative Energy plane, and often grants them strange powers. This creature doesn’t seem as strong as some you have heard of, though.

DM ONLY:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]

Confusion round 1 of 6.
Soy idiota. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10667294#post10667294)

arkol
2011-03-30, 05:23 PM
Rolls

Spellcraft
[roll0]

Knowledge:Religion
[roll1]

chrisrawr
2011-03-30, 05:51 PM
SC+KnR+ Spell

KnR[roll0]
SC[roll1]
Andrew casts Desiccating bubble, and moves it to the zombie. [roll2]

Andrew's face grows even paler at the creature's moan, but he pushes down his rising bile and begins muttering. Wind gathers in his upturned palm, filling a small gut balloon and hoisting it aloft. Sprinkling crushed chalk over this spectacle, the balloon ties itself off, and then pops with a bang! With a final grunt, Andrew thrusts the semi-visible bubble towards the zombie, where it imposes itself around its chest.

tigerusthegreat
2011-03-30, 06:02 PM
Jermaine shouts out a battle cry "Burn in the light of truth!" and charges at the undead monster on the ground floor. He swings his mace down hard, empowering it with the holy power of his god.

Action: Charging smite to K19 (I have line of effect from the corner of the square I'm in, past any obstructions).

Rolls:[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll=know (religion)]1d20+8

ghostaxe
2011-03-30, 09:22 PM
Subar is impressed by the resiliency of the humanoid zombie and shouts, "You! You're with me now!"

Subar zaps his wand of Command Undead.

Intelligent undead - Will save DC 13 or be my pet.
Mindless undead - no save, be my pet.

Lasts 3 days

Edit: after seeing that his spell did not work, Subar says, "Right, I'll go try to take care of the two up top. This one's yours.". And moves to I12.

OneCalledBlue
2011-03-31, 06:25 AM
OOC: Action for when it's my turn. Move to F8/X8

Cog whips about, using the door frame as a hinge to turn his heavy frame about, and turns to charge up the stairs at the beast above. His crystal longsword glinting in the light as he raises it.

yugi24862
2011-03-31, 10:47 AM
Taking a moment to readjust himself, Harbal shouts to the others, "Apes on the second floor!" then opens the door and runs towards the zombie.

Opening the door and moving to J19, drawing my greatsword If I haven't already.

arkol
2011-03-31, 06:25 PM
"I'm on it!" says the yet nameless elf darting to the stairs and going up them.

double move to X7

OMG PONIES
2011-04-01, 11:46 AM
Yellow circles are injured patrons, while orange circles are disabled patrons. It is now the party’s initiative. Please let me know if this map needs to be spoilered.

http://questoflongitude.zoomshare.com/files/theater3.bmp

The two undead apes begin their assault on the spectators in the balcony with deadly precision. One scratches at a man’s neck, while another brings a woman to her knees with one mighty swing of its rotting arm. On the floor of the theater, the human zombie seems almost unaware of the party’s presence, as it continues to hack at the patrons with its rusty greatsword. Those that were already confused continue to act erratically—one flees from its seat after being wounded by the zombie, only to have the creature chop at the poor patron’s arm again as she flees. Many of the others simply babble incoherently.

Up on stage, Kessler continues his act, blind to the fight. ” ‘I shall be the King of Bones!’ quacked one duck. ‘And I, the bone of kings!’ squawked another…” While the audience laughs, it is now a nervous laughter, rather than the whole-hearted laughter of before.

DM ONLY:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]
[roll21]
[roll22]
[roll23]
[roll24]
[roll25]

ghostaxe
2011-04-01, 03:53 PM
Subar moves to Y17 and zaps his wand at the southern dire ape. "Not my first choice, but I'll take you!"

same thing as last time. If it's intelligent, it gets a will save dc 13

chrisrawr
2011-04-01, 04:03 PM
The bubble continues to damage the zombie, and Andrew calls upon one of his old cantrips to help - With a flick of his hand in the zombie's direction, and a muttered verse, he attempts to disrupt the undead.

Disrupt undead ranged touch[roll0]
Damage[roll1]
Bubble damage [roll2]

tigerusthegreat
2011-04-01, 05:14 PM
Jermaine continues to hack at the zombie on the ground floor, swinging his mace with gusto.

[roll0][roll1][roll2]
[roll3][roll4][roll5]

tigerusthegreat
2011-04-01, 05:17 PM
Crit confirm: [roll0][roll1]

OneCalledBlue
2011-04-02, 01:17 AM
Position: AA4

Cog charges at the Zombie a few steps ahead of him and takes a swipe with his longsword. His swing goes wide though and the zombie remains unharmed.

[roll0] To hit. <- Misses
[roll1] Crit Confirm if needed.
[roll2] Damage.

yugi24862
2011-04-03, 07:21 AM
Seeing the opportunity to try and knock the zombie back, Harbal stepped back to prepare and Charged at the zombie, knocking it with force of a charging Minotaur

Move 5ft back, use charging minotaur. Strenght check to knock back [roll0] and damage if knocked back [roll1]. If I can go further than 5ft, do so.

OMG PONIES
2011-04-04, 04:56 PM
POST UNDER CONSTRUCTION

DM ONLY:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]

OMG PONIES
2011-04-07, 04:18 PM
Sorry, real life has been kicking my butt this week.

http://questoflongitude.zoomshare.com/files/theater4.bmp

Madness envelopes the theater. Multiple patrons, confused by the entrance of the human zombie, flee the theater, running out into the night. Their screams are heard mere seconds later, dissolving into groans. The human zombie continues lashing out, attempting to push Jermaine back. However, the paladin is able to stand his ground with ease. Up in the balcony, the free ape clubs a patron with its mighty fist, causing the theatergoer to slump down in his seat. Some of the audience members begin to turn on each other.

It is now the group's initiative. Thank you for your patience...and for not NPCing ME. :smallbiggrin:

DM ONLY:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

tigerusthegreat
2011-04-08, 07:26 AM
Jermaine continues his duties as a front line fighter, hacking away at the undead flesh.

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll-damage2]1d3+4
[roll4]

OOC: been forgetting that I'm using a +1 mace, and should be doing 1 more point of damage per hit...durr

tigerusthegreat
2011-04-08, 07:28 AM
Epic fail on the damage roll.

[roll0]

ghostaxe
2011-04-08, 09:06 AM
Subar shouts, "Stay here!" to his new pet, and then double-moves to Y9.

chrisrawr
2011-04-08, 11:11 AM
Seeing that he probably won't have to move his fancywork, Andrew runs up the stairs to (X,11), and then phases forward (to (x,9))for the extra oomph he'd need to hurl a seething orb of fire into the rampaging ape zombie's face.

Desiccating Bubble on Human Zombie [roll0]

Ranged Touch Attack Roll [roll1]
Fire Damage [roll2]

arkol
2011-04-11, 01:25 PM
Aramil takes another step towards the stairs and stabs the undead ape again.

I'm at Z4 and take a 5ft step to AA3

[roll0]

[roll1]