PDA

View Full Version : Metropolis Necropolis Group B IC

OMG PONIES
2011-03-15, 04:29 PM
The lot of you sit in beautifully upholstered leather armchairs in a spacious office at Morgrave University filled with various degrees, plaques, and experiments in progress. The Dean of Magical Studies sits at his desk, feverishly leafing through a thick grimoire. A thin man by nature, he has been wasting away in study since the zombies invaded, and now looks nearly dead himself. "I've called you here because you are some of the most promising individuals this university has to offer," he says, "and because something must be done about this zombie threat. We need you to venture into the city. The Dean of Martial Studies is meeting with another such group, so fear not--you are not alone. However, we do not know what awaits you beyond the Commons. Travel quickly, and act intelligently."

He pulls a scroll from his cloak and unfurls it over his spellbook; you see that it is a magical map of the city. Some sections are yellow in color, while others are green. "The plague has already begun to spread. Eliminate it, however you see fit. It might be best to determine your plan before acting, though."

The group has received a map of the city (http://questoflongitude.zoomshare.com/1.html).

esorscher
2011-03-15, 04:38 PM
Pyrrus takes a look at the map. "If we can keep the center of Sharn clear of infestation, at all levels, it will give us a clear access to the rest of Sharn. This should be our primary goal. Else, we could favor a top down approach, and clear the upper level before moving below. However, our immediate goal MUST be to clear Upper Menthis Plateau, and fortify it, so that Morgrave is safe. Regardless of what broad strategy we decide, let us be off quickly."

Ranger Mattos
2011-03-15, 05:05 PM
"I agree," Pythas says, "that we should take a top-down approach. If we started at the Upper level, we can clear the Mentis Plateau first, then move on to Dura." He indicates the path on the map. "From there, we can fortify Northedge, and move down to the lower levels."

Necroticplague
2011-03-15, 05:22 PM
I agree, we should make sure central is clear. We should go over to the Central Platue's middle level, and have it act as a form of "base" that we can use for quick access to three different levels of the city. We should try to fortify places that are currently uninfected first. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.We start with the area we're in first, so that this Universitie's resources can be put to use. So current plan of Action:

Fortify Upper level of Central Platue.
Go down and fortify the Middle level of Central Platue.
Clear out and fortify top level that poses a threat to this place.

esorscher
2011-03-15, 07:17 PM
"I agree completely." Pyrrus says. "Let's familiarize ourselves before we depart. I like to know who I'm fighting with. My name is Pyrrus, and while I'm no strategist, I know I'll be most effective if we can force these zombies into clusters--if an alley could serve as a choke point, or something..." He lets his voice trail off, gesturing an invitation to other pre-battle discussion.

Duskranger
2011-03-16, 12:03 AM
It will be quite simple. The before silent heavily armored dwarf says.
I am skilled in battle, but also in reinforcing and armor. I think that the best thing to do is indeed reinforce this area. But as soon as that's done we will need to find items, weapons to arm everyone that's still left and alive. Anybody that's not, well we will axe them. Besides that we will need some research to be done. Dean could you start researching for the period that we start working on making this area save?

OMG PONIES
2011-03-16, 01:12 PM
The Dean looks up from his spellbook, incredulous. ”Start? Start?! And just what did you think I was doing while we were speaking, a little light reading?” He takes a deep breath and regains his composure. ”Sorry, I don’t mean to lash out like that. This is just a rather…stressful time. I’ll continue my research while you scour the city. Feel free to return at any time, but please, set aside at least an hour for me to go over any findings. Now, you mustn’t tarry—the other group has already left the grounds to begin fortifying the theater district of Upper Menthis.”

Duskranger
2011-03-16, 01:19 PM
Shall we see if we can find any of the abominations and try to make this place a bit safer. If this area is safe and fortified we can off course also take up a different area. What's the plan, whatever you all want to do I think the best chance we have is if we work together, not only us, but also the others. Call me Tendor, I am a skilled warrior, using my axe and my defense for those that need it.

flare X2
2011-03-16, 01:46 PM
The before silent and composed half breed speaks his first "Yes, we COULD take the central district. But it is more supectable to infestation due to it's many access points. We should fortfiy the menthis or Nothedge districts. If we work with the other group we could do both saving more time for the weaker central district."

esorscher
2011-03-16, 03:27 PM
"The central plateau's susceptibly to infection is precisely the reason we need to fortify it. If the central plateau falls, at any level, the effects of the outbreak will be far-reaching indeed. I say we leave Menthis to the other group, while we fortify the Central Plateau on the Upper Level. While you are right in that eleven or twelve of us will do the job better than six, I think that the six of us will do the job well enough, and keeping separate from the other group until necessary will allow us to combat these abominations on multiple fronts."

flare X2
2011-03-16, 03:44 PM
After the privious comment esiril snaps out "WELL IF WERE GOING TO STAY COOPED UP IN HERE CONSIDERING STRATEGY, BY THE TIME WE ACT ON IT THE CITY WOULD HAVE ALREADY BEEN SUCUMED!"

esorscher
2011-03-16, 03:49 PM
"Agreed, and since the other group is already handling Menthis Plateau, let us go where we are needed." Pyrrus says, remaining calm. Sorcerers, he thinks to himself. A few years of patient study would temper that temper.

Ranger Mattos
2011-03-16, 04:50 PM
"So is it agreed that we will fortify the Central Plateau?" Pythas asks after a few seconds of silence.

Duskranger
2011-03-16, 11:53 PM
Laddies don't fight. It has no use. If everyone is okay with it we will fortify that part. I am not from here you know. Dean we will move out and wish you luck with the research. Wish us luck and may we be blessed by Moradin Tendor says while grabbig his axe and shield.

Uncoordinated
2011-03-17, 12:23 AM
"Hm? Oh, sorry, I wasn't paying attention."

"I'd like to get some research done in the library, but I suppose that can wait. I agree that fortification of the Central Plateau should be our priority. It will enable us to secure the rest of the Upper Wards without fear of infestation from below. "

esorscher
2011-03-17, 12:25 AM
"Lets be off then," Pyrrus says, heading off in the direction of the Central Plateau.

flare X2
2011-03-17, 12:52 PM
Let us purge this city from the villiany befallen to it.

Duskranger
2011-03-17, 12:58 PM
May Moradin bless us with Ale and may our beards grow strong. Some of you can surely use it. Everyone needs a good beard. Especially females, I could not imagine me mum without a big beard. A beard gives a person character. Though now is not the talk of beards, but of battle and fortification. My forte so to speak. Let us leave. After the fortification we shall purge different areas and save as many persons as possible, would it be possible to let them take refugee in this building Dean? Tendor say loudly, while putting the axe on his shoulder in an experienced manner.

flare X2
2011-03-17, 01:18 PM
Esiril whispers to pyrrus "what if your incapable of growing a beard?"

Necroticplague
2011-03-17, 04:11 PM
The gods will not be of any help now.When you get down to brass tacks, everything will be done by our hands, and our hands alone. I wish had more time to argue this point, but those buildings aren't going to fortify themselves, and the undead aren't going to kill themselves (though that would make our jobs easier). She double checks the lock between her gauntlet and her chain, and follows Pyrrus out the door.

Ranger Mattos
2011-03-17, 04:37 PM
Why exactly would we want ale at a time like this? Wouldn't there be better things to pray for? Pythas thinks as he silently follows Pyrrus.

OMG PONIES
2011-03-18, 11:58 AM
The Dean shakes his head sadly. "Nay, Tendor. We've already assigned any remaining dormitories, offices, and floor space not taken up by students and faculty to what remains of the Sharn City Watch and the Citadel Elite. I'm afraid a few of the garrisons have suffered a loss of structural integrity, so they've got to come uptown. It sounds like you've settled on a plan, at least for now. Tarry not; our lives depend on you."

As you exit the university, the Commons are beset with an eery quiet. Gone are the students that usually flurry from one tower to another with books, weapons, and instruments in hand. Gone are the professors giving outdoor dissertations on Sharn’s clear days. Instead, there is nothing. As you enter into the Plateau proper, though, you are assaulted by a bevy of sounds and activity. Criminals are looting storefronts, running from the horrific creatures that chase them down. Lost children cry in doorways, desperately looking for parents that aren’t coming home. Fires burn where they shouldn’t, and they’re extinguished in the hearths where they should be roaring. You are able to fight your way through the madness, impeded more by frantic citizens than the few weak undead that you encounter.

As you cross the bridge into the Upper Central Plateau, much looks undisturbed. The marble walls of the civic buildings within Highest Towers have withstood any conflict that might have broken out here, and the buildings rise into the sky as straight as they always have. Crossing into the park district, though, you notice the problem once again. Trees are uprooted, some are burnt, and the carcasses of the wildlife that populated the area just a day ago are littered everywhere. You all decide not to continue through here, but instead to take the closest walkway through the residential district. You're greated by the same bedlam that you encountered in Upper Menthis once again, but now it's a welcome relief from the grim silence of the park.

Crossing into the finance district, you notice Kundarak Bank rising up above the other towers. The main business of the dwarven House Kundarak,* the Bank has long been revered for its security and stability in times of turmoil. A few desperate looters attempt to scale the walls to gain access through a window, but the wall itself changes shape beneath them, all handholds and footholds receding until the would-be thieves fall to the ground. From the doorway of the bank, a stocky woman emerges with a repeating crossbow, plunging bolts into the heads of the two assailants. She calls back into the bank: "Gehen Sie hier hinaus! Wir haben zwei mehr, die brennen müssen."**

Dwarven Speakers only:
"Get out here! We have two more that need burning."

When she sees you, she lifts her crossbow in your direction. "The bank is closed, citizens!" she shouts while hoisting her weapon to take aim at your heads, "Ve are prepared to defend ourselves vith lethal force." You can see that her trigger finger is ready, but her shaking hand belies the fear beneath her facade.

Knowledge (Local or Nobility) DC 15 to open:
This woman is Daphanë d'Kundarak, the president of the bank and de facto leader of House Kundarak.

*One of the dragonmarked houses (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragonmarked_Houses), a group of highly influential organizations in Eberron.
**Sorry if the German's inaccurate; it's just a quick Altavista translate to obscure the language for nonspeakers and give it some style.

esorscher
2011-03-18, 12:08 PM
"Good," Pyrrus says, cutting straight to the point. "We'll help you with that. Point us in the direction of the undead." In the moments following his abrupt statement, he inspects the building's walls to see what could be causing such miraculous shifting.

Whatever applies.
Knowledge: Arcana [roll0]
Knowledge: Architecture [roll1]
Knowledge: The Planes [roll2]

Duskranger
2011-03-18, 12:12 PM
Bitte, schrecken Sie nicht. Wir sind die Hilfe von die Universitat. Wir sollen es richtig machen.

For People that speak Dwarven (and the DM)

Please do not be afraid. We are help from the University. We will try to make everything right.
(Yes I can speak German, and yes I can type this. No this is not without mistakes for I am no native speaker. But yes I am Dutch).

Guys, if we are not accepted as help I think we could better leave. Let us find another place to start with the fortification and the fighting back. They are scared and we need to help a lot of people in short notice. Than Tendor turns himself to the woman again.

I will speak to you this language so my fellow travellers can understand it. We are trying to help, if you would allow us to do so. I would like to start here. All we ask is a small favor. And we will do a favor for you too. Do you agree with that?

Necroticplague
2011-03-18, 02:30 PM
Ma'am, we understand you don't want to have things stolen from you. However, it would be a very bad idea to actually shoot that thing. Their are six of us, at least two of whom are magical, and one of you. If you needed any help, we would be glad to do so. She then activates the smoking effect of her chain, just to be sure.

flare X2
2011-03-18, 04:44 PM
Esiril makes his way confidently to the no-mans land with a charming grinNow every one calm down, and lower your wepons. After all, we are all a part of this tragidy. If we where to unite then we can free more from this disaster realesing them from the fear within all of us. This city needs hero's to safe gaurd it and guide to a futer. If we are found bickering then the city has no-one to rely on.

Deplomacy roll if aplicable:
[roll0]

OMG PONIES
2011-03-18, 04:59 PM
The woman lowers her crossbow at Esiril's words, but still looks at Tendor with a furrowed brow. "I didn't get to my current position by entering agreements without understanding all of ze terms. I shall present my request, and you vill present yours. Ze recent issues have activated our security system, and none remain who can shut it down. Usually, this would not present an issue. However, one client has requested that ve retrieve their safety deposit box, and ze vaults are extremely dangerous right now. If you can deal vith our security, ve can retrieve the requested item and rearrange ze holdings in our vaults to make some secure residential space for survivors. Vat do you request in return?"

Ranger Mattos
2011-03-18, 05:44 PM
Pythas holds back a desire to respond with "100 pieces of gold" as he waits for the more sociable members of the party to negotiate.

Uncoordinated
2011-03-18, 06:23 PM
Mira warily steps forward. "Perhaps I can be of some assistance, Ms. d'Kundarak. If you would be able to tell us more about the ah.. the security measures your vault is armed with? I have some skill with disarming traps and the like, if it is that kind of work."

To the group:
"Does anyone have any objections with helping out this poor lady? Provided we have ample compensation and it doesn't take too long, of course."

Duskranger
2011-03-18, 06:25 PM
I do request that we will be able to bring some children, the elder and anyone else into your vault and any support you could spare. This so anyone will survive this terrible ordeal. And if we need to help you sure I will do that. If the others agree with me we will try to help us as good as we can and hopefully you will do the same. Tendor says while smiling friendly.

esorscher
2011-03-18, 06:28 PM
So that the Ms. d'Kundarak, as Mira called her, is unable to hear him, Pyrrus says, "I've no objections to helping the women and children, but I've no objections to us looking for a tangible payment, either. I'm sure a bank like this has got loads of useful magic items, or gold, lying around."

Duskranger
2011-03-18, 06:34 PM
We Dwarves have a saying that translated goes something like this: he who does the good work will be rewarded as such. Do not spoil you thoughts with greed, but with helping, surviving and making this world livable again. That's my suggestion. Tendor answers to Pyrrus's words.

esorscher
2011-03-18, 06:37 PM
"That's a great suggestion," Pyrrus stresses. "Let's find out what she's offering."

Necroticplague
2011-03-18, 07:43 PM
How about we disable the traps and get the thingy, then we discuss payment. Personally, i don't care to much for it,seeing how times are going to be tough enough as is.

esorscher
2011-03-18, 07:51 PM
Pyrrus nods his agreement, eager to get moving either way.

OMG PONIES
2011-03-18, 09:40 PM
The dwarf smiles. "I tink it would be easier to tell you vat our vaults are NOT armed vith. They utilize a vide array of traps, locks, and puzzles to ensure maximum security. You and your friends vill have your skills put to the test, I am sad to say." She turns back to Tendor and continues, "your vords are vise, but also confusing. You seek to bring ze children and elderly only after disarming ze security system, no? In terms of compensation, I am sad to say I cannot provide you monetary compensation, as all of ze House assets are frozen due to ze emergency. However, you would have me in your debt. To some, zis is more precious than platinum. So tell me, do ve have a deal?" She extends her hand to Tendor, waiting for a handshake.

esorscher
2011-03-18, 10:20 PM
Pyrrus smiles at the idea of having a chief of banking in his pocket, and hopes that Tendor accepts the dwarf's offer.

Duskranger
2011-03-19, 02:28 AM
Yes I would. And I know you will treat them as kin. You have a deal miss. We will help you. Tendor takes the hand after he throws his axe into the air. When he nods and the hands leave each other the axe is caught by his hand again.

flare X2
2011-03-19, 02:55 PM
edit: sorry didn't see the second page. sorry.

Duskranger
2011-03-21, 10:49 AM
Well laddies shall we help this lady and get again some small bit of safety back into this world? The dwarf says while looking towards the other.

Sneak will go in front, if he expects combat I will go. We need a leader I will not be it, so who wants to be?

esorscher
2011-03-21, 10:57 AM
"Yes, lets." Pyrrus says. "I'll stick toward the rear."

Necroticplague
2011-03-21, 01:08 PM
I'll stay right behind the sneak in case their are monsters (or any of the traps summon them).

Duskranger
2011-03-21, 01:11 PM
I will take the total back than in case we get attacked from there. I could also take the front behind the sneak, it's just what you prefer. Tendor looks around and nods his head.

We need to go now though. The faster the better.

Ranger Mattos
2011-03-21, 01:46 PM
"I guess I'll be in the front, disarming the traps so all of you can pass safely," Pythas says as he cracks his knuckles. He reaches into his bag of holding and retrieves his thieves' tools.

flare X2
2011-03-22, 02:43 PM
I'll take the front actualy because most of my spells cover large areas and you guy's won't want to be on the receving end of them.

OMG PONIES
2011-03-23, 04:40 PM
Okay, so if I got it right from your IC posts, your marching order is (from first to last): Esiril, Pythas, Mira, Terask, Pyrrus, Tendor. Correct?

http://questoflongitude.zoomshare.com/files/bankvault.bmp

The dwarven woman smiles and pulls a scroll form her back pocket. Unfurling it, you see that it is a map of one of the many levels of the bank's vaults. "I retrieved zis from one of my unfortunate technicians who attempted to venture down zere. Ze dashed lines are doors which can be opened via passwords or puzzles, while ze dotted lines are doors zat can only be opened with ze keys. Ze keys are in the guard's quarters, on the lower right of ze map. Be careful--zere are many security measures not listed on ze map, just in case it were to fall into ze wrong hands. Be particularly wary of ze mechanical items--a new creation of House Cannith, even I do not know how zey function. If you can, disable ze traps instead of destroying zem--zat way, our backup technicians can safely go down and reconfigure zem to protect refugees against ze dead. Good luck, and may the Host bless your steps. Ze item you're retrieving is in Lock Box 276."

You all take the steps down whenever you're ready, entering the map at G10.

Duskranger
2011-03-24, 12:12 AM
Well guys I've got your six, please move.Tendor says and smiles towards the dwarven lady. Than his face turns serious and his hands tighten almost unvisible around the haft of his axe and the holds on his shield.

esorscher
2011-03-25, 02:16 PM
"So, Pythas, would you care to search the room for traps before we enter?" Pyrrus says after several awkward moments of silence.

Ranger Mattos
2011-03-25, 03:32 PM
"Of course," Pythas says. "Let us go down, then."

Necroticplague
2011-03-25, 08:35 PM
Am I reading this thing right? According to this, all we have to do is pass through a password based door ( the one near the security windows), take a right turn, and the boxes are right here. I fail to see why you need to even tell us about the "machanical items". By the way, you wouldn't happen to know the password to said door, would you?

OMG PONIES
2011-03-25, 08:54 PM
The dwarf simply smiles at Terask. "Tings are never as simple as zey seem. And ze passwords change often, so be sure to read ze instructions. Now, vill you head down ze stairs, please?"

Necroticplague
2011-03-25, 09:36 PM
Sure, I'm getting there.

Terask then walks down the stairs muttering "Great, an answer as equally useless as it was ominous."

Duskranger
2011-03-26, 06:12 AM
We'll be off. Let's move laddies, sneak take us on the safe route. Tendor says while smiling a bit. Finally out of the schoolbanks, he ay be a student of war, but he does enjoy getting out and fighting a little bit.

Ranger Mattos
2011-04-01, 07:27 AM
Pythas slowly walks towards the door (between E9 and F9), checking for traps all the while. He draws a 10-ft pole out of his bag, and uses that to check for pressure traps in the floor, while checking the walls manually.

Search: [roll0]

(So, um, I stepped in a bear trap?)

OMG PONIES
2011-04-01, 03:03 PM
As Pythas enters the room, you all hear a slight click and a whirr. Pythas, you realize that you’ve just stepped on a pressure plate. The mechanical device in G7 springs into action, coating the room you've just entered with a fine layer of slippery, viscous liquid. The liquid fills the room, stopping at the landing at the top of the staircase. Anyone already in the room (Pythas and Terask) start to lose their footing (Reflex DC 13 or fall prone). Crossing the room at half-speed requires a Balance check (DC 10). On the doors between E8-9 & F8-9, the party sees writing on either side of the doors. The writing appears almost identical, but you'll have to move closer to the doors to read what it actually says (and please specify whether your reading the left or right side of the door).

Spellcraft DC 16 to open:
The mechanical device just cast grease on the room.

http://questoflongitude.zoomshare.com/files/bank1.bmp

Necroticplague
2011-04-01, 03:27 PM
Rolling for reflex

[roll0]

Ranger Mattos
2011-04-01, 03:38 PM
Pythas mutters a curse in Gnomish under his breath as he struggles to keep his footing.

Reflex: [roll0]

Duskranger
2011-04-03, 09:44 AM
What happened laddies? Tendor asks loudly after hearing the sounds in the room.

esorscher
2011-04-04, 01:54 PM
"Be careful," Pyrrus says, moving into the room and seeing but not reading either set of instructions. "It's possible those words are trapped with magic. If it were me designing these traps, that's how I'd do it."

Spellcraft: [roll0]
Balance: [roll1]

Necroticplague
2011-04-04, 02:26 PM
Well, the maps says it's a riddle-based door, so they obviously need their own employees to read it, so they wouldn't trap it. Unless the riddle is a decoy, but since the password changes so much the woman out their couldn't remember, the riddle has to be genuine. Or at least one half of it does, with the other being a decoy, and the only peice of information to be memorized is which side is a trap.Ah, to heck with it, we're never going to get anywhere arguing over what's a trap and what isn't. Terask then walks over to the door and reads the left side.
balance[roll0]

Duskranger
2011-04-05, 12:41 PM
Carefully Tendor moves through the room (taking 10 on balance for 12) and looks at the door.

I have heard about some of my profession that could take down that door with ease, I though am specialized in other forms of combat. But let me see if I can do something that will give us some perspective on this case. He says, trying to read the right side.

OMG PONIES
2011-04-07, 04:41 PM
Sorry for the delays—real life has been brutally busy lately.

http://questoflongitude.zoomshare.com/files/bank2.bmp

Terask squints to make out the inscription on the left side of the door. It reads: “Please use other door.” Suddenly, the room explodes in a flash of light, charring Terask and giving the others precious little time to dodge out of the way.

Terask must make a Fortitude save (DC 21) to avoid injury; Tendor, Pyrras, and Pythas must make a Reflex save (DC 15) to lower their Fortitude save to DC 18 to avoid injury.

Spellcraft DC 23 to open:
Explosive Runes just went off.

As Tendor approaches the other inscription, he notices that it looks much more like a complex keylock. There are 20 small blocks, each of which sit loosely on a tiny shelf. It looks very much like the following:

http://questoflongitude.zoomshare.com/files/lock1.bmp

Beneath the block shelves, there is a small inscription. It reads: “Please rectify arithmetic in order to attain entry.”

DM ONLY:
[roll0]

Necroticplague
2011-04-07, 08:02 PM
Rolling fort:
[roll0]

Hearing the bang a mere split second before the blast wave sets out, Terask manages to brace her body enough to deflect to blast away from her , a little unnerved, but unscathed.

Hey, was your half trapped to? If you don't say anything, I'll assume your parylyzed/dead, and you will be promptly looted.

esorscher
2011-04-07, 09:03 PM
Ref: [roll0]
Fort: [roll1]

Pyrrus is knocked back against the wall, suffering a hit that badly bruises his back. "Oof. That was what I was afraid of." He makes a mental note never to let his curiosity get in the way of his survival instinct again.

Ranger Mattos
2011-04-07, 10:22 PM
Reflex: [roll0]
Fortitude: [roll1]

Pythas is similarly thrown back. When he gets up, he says, "Apparently we have to do some arithmetic to pass."

Duskranger
2011-04-09, 06:06 AM
Tendor:
Reflex: [roll0] +2 if magic
Fortitude: [roll1] +2 if magic.

Tendor tries to evade the blast from the door. Knowing the answer from the puzzle he just read. Sadly he is blasted away before such a possibility was allowed.

flare X2
2011-04-09, 12:22 PM
Esiril hears the explosion, rushing to his friends aid "by the gods! are you okay..." his attention is then drawn to the puzzle completly egnoring his suffering companions. "look's like we need to swap the functions... Multiplication on the top. Any more suggestions?" He turns to find every one still recovering from the explosion. "Ah well... um. are you incapacitated? 'cause if you are well... i'll shut up."

esorscher
2011-04-09, 03:43 PM
"Multiplication, Subtraction, Addition, Division" Pyrrus says, easily solving the childish puzzle. The trap seemed to be which side of the door was read.

Duskranger
2011-04-10, 09:07 AM
Let's not do that again. I do prefer to be able to attack something. I do not like getting blown up. And I certainly do not enjoy doors that I can't attack and try to blow me up. Darn door. Tendor says, while he flexes his arm to check if everthing is still working. A big cut drips with a little blood before he bandages it a bit with parts of his slightly shredded shirt.
After that he puts the puzzle of the door in the right order, working with the things his partymembers said.

If this one blows up again I will kill the sneak that did not find the traps. And believe me I will be far deadlier than any trap you will encounter understood?

OMG PONIES
2011-04-11, 03:46 PM
http://questoflongitude.zoomshare.com/files/bank3.bmp

As Tendor puts the blocks in place, a faint clicking sound is heard, and the blocks recede into the wall as the door simply lifts into the ceiling. In front of you, you see a large area that is entirely open (approximately 25 ft x 15 ft). To the left, a large hallway leads to yet another locked door (E14). To the right, you see a smaller locked door that provides access to some unknown corridor (F6), as well as a long hallyway with a series of safe deposit boxes in the middle (D4-L4).

Feel free to provide Search, Spot, and Listen checks from here on out in every post. Also, please document any movement square-by-square. Thick dashed lines represent puzzle locks, whereas thin dotted lines represent mundane locks that must be picked or opened with a key.

Necroticplague
2011-04-12, 06:55 PM
"Let's see, the map says the deposit boxes are this way, so let's cut straight to the chase." Terask then walks to H5 through squares E8,E7,E6,F5, and G5, and start searching the safe deposit boxes for the one they are looking for.

Ranger Mattos
2011-04-22, 09:45 AM
Pythas follows Terask, along the same route. He checks for traps at the safe deposit boxes.

[roll0]

flare X2
2011-04-27, 12:31 PM
Esiril follows cautiosly.