PDA

View Full Version : Tatsunoko vs. Capcom questions

Green-Shirt Q
2011-03-15, 08:20 PM
Yeah, got the game recently and I really enjoy it. My favourite character is Frank West.

Here's the problem, though. I can't figure out how to do one of his moves. The one where you make a zombie fall from the sky. I've done all his other moves, even the ones where you summon zombies in other locations and in shopping carts, but not how to get them to fall from the sky.

I've seen it happen in gameplay videos, so I know it's possible. And I've watched tutorials, but they aren't helpful in the slightest. They descibe how to do it in the Light attack-Medium attack-Hard attack terminology, but that doesn't help me. Apperently, it's exactly how you do the regular Zombie attack move, but "Hard" instead of "Medium" or "Light".

But what the frag does that mean? Press the button down harder?! I tried it and it doesn't work. Press another button intead of the one you usally press? I tried all of them, and nothing seems to work.

To give this context, I'm using the Wii remote/Nunchuck combo controls, because it's what I use for nearly every other videogame I play and I know where all the buttons are by memory, and feel comfortable. However, the downside is that the light, medium, and hard attracks are all with the same button, as opposed to the gamecube controller and the classic controller (which I hate using).

So my question is thus. In a description of what BUTTONS to press and in which order, how do I pull off that zombie-move?

Also, how do I select other colours for the characters?

Please help me.

MoelVermillion
2011-03-15, 10:42 PM
Never having played on a wii-mote I can't say for sure but this thread (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/953921-tatsunoko-vs-capcom-ultimate-all-stars/58059146) looks like it might be detailing what you're looking for?

Mando Knight
2011-03-16, 05:12 PM
The thread linked should help. Other than that, you're using the "simplified controls" method, which means you can't select which attack you use. For GCN/Classic controllers, you simply press the appropriate attack button. This control scheme is harder to learn, but more versatile, with a wider variety of combo capabilities once you get the motions down. (Hint: a lot of moves cancel into each other, but an attack is rarely if ever canceled by a motion command)

To choose a different character color, press a different button when selecting the character. You'll need to unlock a character's 3rd or 4th color, though. That includes purchasing it from the shop after meeting the other requirements (beating Lightan/PTX in Arcade for the 3rd color, or Yami for the 4th).

Green-Shirt Q
2011-03-16, 05:37 PM
The thread linked should help. Other than that, you're using the "simplified controls" method, which means you can't select which attack you use. For GCN/Classic controllers, you simply press the appropriate attack button. This control scheme is harder to learn, but more versatile, with a wider variety of combo capabilities once you get the motions down. (Hint: a lot of moves cancel into each other, but an attack is rarely if ever canceled by a motion command)

To choose a different character color, press a different button when selecting the character. You'll need to unlock a character's 3rd or 4th color, though. That includes purchasing it from the shop after meeting the other requirements (beating Lightan/PTX in Arcade for the 3rd color, or Yami for the 4th).

Okay, I tried doing what the thread said, and it didn't help much. :smallannoyed:

Sigh. As much as I hate the classic controller, I suppose I'll learn how to use it. :smallsigh:

Oh, and I know that you need to press another button for another colour. What I'm asking is which buttons for which colour?

Mando Knight
2011-03-16, 09:36 PM
I haven't played much with the other control schemes, but for Classic, it's

y: 1st
x: 2nd
a: 3rd
b: 4th

If you haven't unlocked the 3rd or 4th color for the character, a and b will default back to the 1st color, and if you're the second player, obviously if the 1st color has been chosen already it'll default to the 2nd.