PDA

View Full Version : Rapidstrike and two weapon fighting, how do they work? (3.5)

Yeturs
2011-03-15, 11:40 PM
So then, i have me a 15th level feral neanderthal barbarian (kinda). I want to focus on my natural claws.

By my math (and that math feels wrong to me) My full attack routine with improved rapidstrike (Dracinomicon) and Two weapon fighting is

13/13/13o/13o/8/8/8o/8o/3/3/3o/3o (as a base alone, already subtracting the two penalty for my two weapon fighting. The "o" after a number represents that hand is an "off hand" attack)

I feel like im doing it wrong. Am I?

And if it helps, all my feats are Alertness, Weapon focus (claw), Extra rage, Power attack, Two weapon fighting, Improved natural attack, Cleave, Rapidstrike, Improved rapidstrike.

And also, if this does not work and i have to trade feats, what are other good feats for a natural attack guy?

Thanks

Curmudgeon
2011-03-16, 12:03 AM
That's wrong in many ways.

You don't qualify for either Rapidstrike or Improved Rapidstrike with a "feral neanderthal", regardless of whether that "feral" is description copied from Frostburn page 36 (where the Neanderthal race is of type Humanoid), or if from the Savage Species Feral template (which results in type Monstrous Humanoid). These feats require "aberration, dragon, elemental, magical beast, or plant type".

There's no interaction between iterative attacks and natural attacks except that

You don't get a primary natural attack when using iterative attacks.
All secondary natural attacks are at BAB-5.
In particular, Two-Weapon Fighting cannot be used with natural weapon attacks.

If you're going to be fighting with natural attacks, the useful feats are Improved Natural Attack, Multiattack, and Improved Multiattack. Alas, you don't qualify for the latter two until you've got at least three natural attacks.

Yeturs
2011-03-16, 12:17 AM
Oh snap, missed that requirement.

I am using the Feral template from savage species on the neanderthal from frostburn, yes.

Can you think of a way to get a third Natural attack? I have seen Willing deformity (bite) before, but I would like to avoid corruption if i can.

Maybe an item of permanent Bite of the ware (whatever)? would that give me a bite attack? And what book is that in, I've never used it, but it seems popular for builds. (nevermind this, looked up the spell. I dont think thats what im looking for)

would that make me eligible for multiattack? And that would give me... Three attacks at full base attack bonus?

And if my DM allowed me to take Rapidstrike, would that be a good feat choice?

Thanks a lot.

MeeposFire
2011-03-16, 12:21 AM
An extra attack that does not reduce your primary attacks? That is worth a feat in most melee builds.

Yeturs
2011-03-16, 12:35 AM
OK!

I actually looked some stuff up, im ready this time. Willing deformity does not taint as much as i thought it did, and bite of the ware-- is a no go.

I think im going to take these feats:

Alertness
Weapon focus (claw) (bonus fighter feat)
extra rage
Power attack (bonus fighter feat)
Improved natural attack (Claw)
Willing deformity
Deformity (Bite)
Multiattack

So then, i also have two levels to shuffle now, as i dont need ranger 2 anymore. Any suggestions? is two more fighter or barbarian worth it? (need full bab)