PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Questions..

_felagund
2011-03-16, 06:51 AM
hey guys,

i couldnt find the raw question thread, so im posting here..

1) do i learn a new language whenever i took an INT ability?

2) while hasted can i cast 2 spells in a round (those not full round casting)

3) what is a full round consist of:
like:
1 full round spell or atack
or
1 move+atack
or
1 swift action+move+atack

is there any reference i can check about it.

thx in advance

KillianHawkeye
2011-03-16, 06:56 AM
1) You only get bonus languages for your starting Int bonus. Increasing Int has no effect.

2) You could if you were playing 3.0, but haste works differently in 3.5. You can't take extra actions, for spellcasting or anything else.

3) That's pretty much correct, except you can also take a swift action before or after a full-attack or a full round casting spell.

www.d20srd.org

Eldan
2011-03-16, 06:58 AM
3) It's better to say Standard Action, usually. Attacks are standard actions, but there are others. So:

Full-round action + Swift Action + any number of free actions

or

Move action + Standard action + swift action + any number of free actions

or

Two move actions + swift action + any number of free actions.

Of course, you may always take fewer actions.

Sacrieur
2011-03-16, 07:16 AM
1) No, but you can learn more languages by putting skill points in Speak Language (1 point/language).

2) No, haste gives you an extra attack while making a full attack, some minor bonuses, and increased movement speed.

Last Laugh
2011-03-16, 07:24 AM
1) No, but you can learn more languages by putting skill points in Speak Language (1 point/language).

Speak language is a cross class skill for virtually everyone (off the top of my head bards, factotums, and the Changeling race all have it as class skills) so it's actually 2 points/language.

Quietus
2011-03-16, 07:53 AM
Speak language is a cross class skill for virtually everyone (off the top of my head bards, factotums, and the Changeling race all have it as class skills) so it's actually 2 points/language.

I believe the Loremaster prestige class also gets it, but I'm too lazy to double check right now.

FMArthur
2011-03-16, 07:57 AM
Also note that a spell with a casting time of 1 round is counterintuitively not the same as a spell with a casting time of full-round. A 1-round casting time comprises a full-round action on your turn and the casting time continues all the way until the start of your next turn where it resolves without costing you any extra action on that turn. Almost all summoning spells, sleep spells and some other types of spells have 1-round cast times.

Just figured you'd like to know, since this is something that pretty much everyone misses until they read all of the action types themselves.

_felagund
2011-03-16, 08:03 AM
thx guys, fast & sufficient knowledge!

u r the best :)

ps: i think +1 int gives a new language at starwars setting..

Sacrieur
2011-03-16, 08:10 AM

Right. 1 rank / language.

KillianHawkeye
2011-03-16, 02:01 PM
ps: i think +1 int gives a new language at starwars setting..

Yes, that's true in Star Wars Saga Edition. (I'm not sure about older versions of SW RPG.) But that's a completely different game from D&D.