PDA

View Full Version : Incorporeal + magic items?

Daftendirekt
2011-03-16, 11:14 AM
Okay, so the incorporeal subtype is a bit vague on one point: Can the incorporeal creature wear magic items? I know all the stuff about ghost touch weapons, blah blah, don't care about the ability of my items to touch corporeal stuff. I just want to know if the creature that I stick my Wraith Template onto can wear rings and amulets and stuff...

Keld Denar
2011-03-16, 11:47 AM
Incorps can't normally wear gear. The gear is corporial, and would thus be unsupported by the incorporial nature of the wraith.

Libris Mortis has the Ghostly Grasp feat which would allow it to wear equipment, but that equipment would still be corporial and the incorp couldn't pass through solid objects while wearing it.

Ranos
2011-03-16, 12:26 PM
Okay, so the incorporeal subtype is a bit vague on one point: Can the incorporeal creature wear magic items? I know all the stuff about ghost touch weapons, blah blah, don't care about the ability of my items to touch corporeal stuff. I just want to know if the creature that I stick my Wraith Template onto can wear rings and amulets and stuff...

There's ghostly grasp in Libris Mortis. Otherwise, I think there was something in Savage species about making any item (even wondrous, rings, amulets, etc.) ghost touch. It was pretty cheap.

kestrel404
2011-03-17, 12:42 PM

As has been stated, ghostly grasp will LET you wear gear. But there's a better option. If your incorporeal because you're on the Ethereal plane (this is the standard explanation, but you might be Incorporeal for some other reason and this won't work), then you can just have any gear you want to wear Plane-shifted to the Ethereal plane by a 9th level wizard. Costs 450 gold by the book (price for a 5th level spell to be case by a 9th level wizard), so just add that to the effective price of the gear. This trick allows the GEAR to also be incorporeal with you, and when you manifest, anything you're wielding ALSO manifests.