PDA

View Full Version : Is SS&DT being printed with the same kind of recycled paper the last two used?

Gamerlord
2011-03-16, 05:09 PM
I am asking this because I could not find an answer to this in the product description or the F.A.Q of said product, and because I disliked the way the last product I bought (War & XPs) held together, to say the least.

The Giant
2011-03-17, 04:05 AM
Yes. We're not going back from using recycled paper, sorry. The only way the paper will change is if my printer tells me there is 100% post-consumer paper that comes close to what we use now.

Ancalagon
2011-03-17, 06:05 AM
and because I disliked the way the last product I bought (War & XPs) held together, to say the least.

Must be a problem with your copy. My War & XPs leaves nothing to wish. Of course, I also treat the OotS books carefully because I know how the Asterix-comics of my parents look (which have not been treated too carefully by some of their children). ;)

SPoD
2011-03-17, 07:30 AM
Yeah, same here; I have both the newer recycled books and the older non-recycled books, and they're all very high quality with no problems whatsoever. I wouldn't even be able to tell the difference between the two if I wasn't looking at the recycling logo on them.

Gamerlord
2011-03-17, 08:35 AM
Guess the problem must be my copy then. Thank you for your answers.

MoonCat
2011-03-17, 10:13 AM
I disliked the way the last product I bought (War & XPs) held together, to say the least.

Must be a problem with your copy. My War & XPs leaves nothing to wish. Of course, I also treat the OotS books carefully because I know how the Asterix-comics of my parents look (which have not been treated too carefully by some of their children). ;)

Yeah, mine has been fine for as long as I've had it, but I go crazy if my parents even pick it up by half of the book.

Swordpriest
2011-03-17, 12:42 PM
You can always buy two copies -- one for reading, one for pristine storage. :smallwink::smallwink:

Juggling Goth
2011-03-17, 01:23 PM
Yes. We're not going back from using recycled paper, sorry. The only way the paper will change is if my printer tells me there is 100% post-consumer paper that comes close to what we use now.

I'm not sorry :) Like many of the others, I've not noticed a problem in quality, and I also like it from a sandal-composting yoghurt-knitting hippie perspective.

Toofey
2011-03-25, 01:51 PM
Hey Giant, I don't know how this would impact the look (also I know that the printers have requirements on the amount of their total material that must be X% recycled) but when I was in the printing industry I did learn that the overall carbon impact of non-bleached paper was significantly lower than most forms of recycled paper.

Of course the problem I had getting the magazine I worked on to implement non-bleached paper, the impact on the color of adverts, would probably make it prohibitive given that the look of your work is clearly very important, but if you're ever publishing in black and white I would strongly advise that you look into it.

Sorry I'm never, ever, going back to the publishing industry (unless I get the chance to do so as creative) but I still have too much of it clogging up my brain.

edit: also I applaud you for going recycled and sticking to it. when I was working with magazines they were always very reluctant to do so.