PDA

View Full Version : V:tR Atlanta – Jennifer

Aerodynamik
2011-03-17, 12:32 PM
Thread Rules:

Here are the basic rules for how the thread is going to work.

Rule #1: No other players in the V:tR Atlanta Campaign are allowed to read this thread, unless their characters are physically in the same place as Jennifer. For example, if all three characters find themselves in a certain building, then all three characters will post on the same thread (it will make more sense when it happens), and when they split up again, they will post back on their own thread. Until then, though, no other players are allowed to look at this thread.

Rule #2: Out of Character dialogue, questions and rolls are to be handled in a clearly label spoiler. Example:

OoC
Here's where the Out of Character text would go
Rule #3: Because dice rolls in V:tR work differently than in many other games, please make sure to use the [rollv] tags when rolling dice instead of just the [roll] tags, so that we can count successes.

Rule #4: This is more of just a heads-up than a rule, but I wanted to let it be known that I've decided to divide game-play up into 'chapters', to allow for better storytelling, and also so that characters will have time between chapters to upgrade their characters and such.
Jennifer (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=283435), Chapter 1 – Sunglasses at Night

Night 1, October 27th 2010

Atlanta is an old city. It was around during the civil war, you know. General Sherman took it and burned it to the ground. But sometimes, it seems like the ghosts of the men who fought and died during the civil war are still around, hanging around their old haunts even as the city has grown up around them. Atlanta is an old city.

It’s cold tonight, and raining. Clouds have covered the moon, but that doesn’t make it any more dark. It’s never dark in a city like this. A city like this never sleeps. The pitter-patter of raindrops against the window has a hypnotic effect, and Jennifer finds herself nearly falling asleep as she stands between the aisles of the Seven-Eleven, waiting for her contact to appear.

“Hello.”

She turns, surprised to see him standing directly behind her.

He’s tall, with dark, messy hair and a tattered trench coat. Sunglasses cover his eyes. He looks… scruffy, to put it mildly. It registers that she’s standing right next to the doorway and she hadn’t seen him come in. He either must have been here all along, or…

“Are you ready to go?” he asks.

OoC:
Die Roller Test
[roll0]

Ganurath
2011-03-17, 03:00 PM
A jolt of fear had preceeded her turn to face the man, and Jen allowed a small smile of relief that he fit the description of her contact. She hadn't told him just who she was running from, but he knew she was running. His getting a scare out of her couldn't have been on accident. Most likely, he was showing off.

It was a talent worth showing off, though. She had made a point of "browsing" to see who else was inside when she arrived, so if he had been here the whole time, it must have been in the back. If he only just came in, it would have had to have been through the back. However he got access, it was something she'd like for herself. Unless it was a quick trick, though, it couldn't help her run from her mistake, so she was still in Atlanta for the airport.

"Ready enough." The rain was still coming down, so Jen threw up the hood of her jacket. It was a thicker jacket for weather further north, but she had gotten different clothes with the northern look in mind, hoping to throw attention. Besides, she actually planned on heading that direction.

OoC:I'm familiar with the rollv from Exalted, although I don't know how high a dice needs to land for a success. In Exalted it's seven, but my IRL friend said eight for V:tR. He also said the Gangrel rule of 1s subtracting successes applies to all rolls for all vampires, though, so I'm uncertain as to how accurate his information is.

[roll0]

Aerodynamik
2011-03-18, 10:17 AM
"Alright then, lets head out," he leads you out the front door. It's raining pretty heavily, and without a hood or umbrella he becomes soaked almost instantly, but he doesn't seem to mind. He leads Jennifer to a waiting car. It's an old, gray clunker, with one foot in the scrapyard. He walks over to the passenger's side door and holds it open.

"Ladies first," he says. The open door reveals an interior that's just as beaten up as the outside. Worn gray upholstery and a floorboard that doesn't look like it's been vacuumed since the day it was made. "What, you didn't think we were going to walk, did you? Not in this sort of weather."

OoC:
That's right, eight and above is a success.

Ganurath
2011-03-18, 10:33 AM
"Nah, I figured on a drive." Jen gives the man a nod of gratitude and a soft spoken "thanks" as she slides into the passenger seat and out of the rain. She glances over her shoulder into the back seat as she reaches for her seatbelt, the poor condition of the vehicle making her wary about it in general. "Gonna need to come back for my bike, though. Once everything's done."

OoC:Gonna roll Wits+Composure to notice anything interesting. If there are penalties, kindly subtract from the rightmost die so rerolling can be avoided. Also, I recently bought a PDF of nWoD, so I know the rules now!

[roll0]

Aerodynamik
2011-03-18, 11:56 AM
Jennifer glances around the cab as the man slides into the drivers seat and starts the car. There's a pile of junk in the back seat. Books, posters, boxes and trash vie for a spot on the crowded seat. Amidst the junk, she notices a worn copy of Stephen King's 'The Gunslinger.' Judging by the artwork and the state of the dust jacket, it could well be just as old as the car is.

The car starts and pulls out of it's parking space on the curb smoothly. Apparently the engine is in a better condition than the rest of the car. The stereo kicks on and a cheesy synthesizer riff starts up. It sounds strangely off, and Jennifer realizes that he has a hand held cassette player plugged in to the stereo instead of using the CD player. Weird.

"I wear my sunglasses at night," (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_HlTGzkKeE&feature=related) the singer croons.

"Alright. Here's the job," he says. "There's this warehouse, across town. I need you to break in, and go past the main storage area. There's going to be a locked door." He pauses for a second and reaches into his pocket.

"...watch you weave then breathe your story lines," (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_HlTGzkKeE&feature=related) the singer continues.

He hands you a single key, on a key ring. "Here's the key. Unlock the door and go downstairs. There's a separate, secret storage area." He pauses. "Are you with me so far?"

OoC:
Congrats on getting the rule book!

Ganurath
2011-03-18, 12:04 PM
Jennifer takes the key, giving it a quick glance before returning her attention to the contact. It was seeming simple enough, at least. It wasn't her usual form of thieving, granted, but she definitely has the skill set for it. "Locked door by the warehouse's main storage, go downstairs to find a secret storage area... When you say go past, you mean go through or go around?"

Aerodynamik
2011-03-18, 10:10 PM
"You go through the main storage area. The door downstairs is going to be to the right," he says. "Once you're there, there should be a room full of crates and storage containers and s***. Your looking for a box post-marked from within the last few weeks, shipped from Brazil, probably. Open it up and bring me what's inside. I'll meet you in the alley across from the warehouse when you're through."

He glances out the window and the song continues. "Any more questions?"

Ganurath
2011-03-18, 10:17 PM
"Any idea what sort of trouble I should expect? Guards, cameras, dogs...?" The defenses of the building were all that really mattered if she wanted to guess the difficulty. If the lock on the door was the only defense, she'd be in and out sweet as she pleased. Guards were a matter of timing, cameras a matter of positioning, dogs... Were trouble. A thrown rock was probably her best bet, there.

Aerodynamik
2011-03-18, 11:02 PM
"Cameras," the driver says, taking a sharp left turn, "maybe an electronic security system or something. Probably not any guards or dogs or anything, although with this guy, there's no telling."

"...so I can, so I can; forget my name while you collect your claim," (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2LTL8KgKv8) the singer on the stereo is being rather melodramatic, throwing his voice around a little more than was necessary. Although, the song was from the eighties. Everyone did that back then.

Ganurath
2011-03-18, 11:33 PM
"Nothing I can't handle if all goes well, but I shouldn't be surprised if something comes up." She smiled, the sort of smile that one would expect with a cynical observation. She'd definitely be taking a rock with her. It's not like it would- Wait, it was very possible that it was like that. "How big is the thing I'm picking up?"

OoC:Having reviewed the rules of Virtues and Vices, I found what I had originally intended. Rather than Hope and Greed, can I go with Faith and Lust (for stealing?)

Aerodynamik
2011-03-19, 02:29 PM
"Not big," he says, adjusting his sunglasses. "It's probably about the size of a toaster. I mean, I've never actually seen the thing, but that's how big it should be."

The song continues in the background.
"Don't switch the blade on the guy in shades, oh no
Don't masquerade with the guy in shades, oh no, I can't believe it
Don't be afraid of the guy in shades, oh no, it can't escape you
'Cause you got it made with the guy in shades, oh no" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2LTL8KgKv8)

The driver chuckles to himself at this last part. "Too true," he mutters under his breath.

OoC:
As for switching from hope to faith, sure. But about switching from greed to lust, I just want to make sure I understand exactly what's going on before you change it. For your character, it's not as much about gaining material wealth as it is about just simply about the act of theft. Is that right?

Ganurath
2011-03-19, 04:23 PM
"Which part?" Toaster size meant she had room to bring a rock, assuming she found a good one. So, until they reached their destination, there wasn't much to talk about related to getting the job done. "Didn't seem like his mind was made up there for a bit."

OoC:Material wealth is nice, but her impulse control is in regard to more immediate theft potential. If she hadn't been waiting for her contact, odds are she would've lifted something from the 7-11. She's less excited by potential wealth, moreso by triumph in the deed.

Aerodynamik
2011-03-21, 10:12 AM
"What?" the man asked. "Oh, the song? Yeah, it's, uh, nothing, sorry." He reaches over and stops the cassette player. Moments later the car pulls up to the curb up to the curb next to a large concrete building. It's maybe two stories tall, with windows all along the second floor. It has a very industrial feel to it.

"So here we are," he says. "Remember, I'll be waiting in the alley when you get back."

OoC:
Yeah, then. Make the switch to lust.

Ganurath
2011-03-21, 12:50 PM
Jen nods, adjusting her hood as she got out of the car. After shutting the door behind her, she looked around the immediate area for a suitable rock: A bit larger than a fist would be ideal, but her priority was that she be able to throw it if need be. Along the sidewalk would be best, especially where it met the road. That the driver just pulled up to the building was a good sign of a lack of guards, or at least a lack of external cameras.

OoC:Rolling Wits+Composure to spot a suitable throwing rock as an anti-dog weapon.

[roll0]

Aerodynamik
2011-03-21, 02:32 PM
A quick search on Jennifer's part reveals no rocks, but a sizable piece of cracked concrete from the broken, uneven sidewalk. It should work just as well.

Ganurath
2011-03-21, 03:23 PM
Tomaeto, tomahto, as they say. Pulling the piece of concrete loose, she proceeds to case out the exterior of the building. She'll observe from off the property if she can manage, as that'd be more discrete, but what she ultimately wanted was to find an entrance that was likely unguarded by an eletronic security system. Cameras had blind spots, but sensors were best handled by not being there.

OoC:Going to roll Wits+Investigation to look at entrance options, as well as Dexterity+Stealth to avoid notice while doing so. I'm assuming the former roll would be the same as the one for examining a crime scene.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Aerodynamik
2011-03-23, 08:32 AM
There's... Not really any cameras, as far as she can see. There's a door, in the front, and windows along the sides, though they're covered with blinds, and a fine wire lattice is woven through the glass. This is probably an electronic security system. No going through those, then. A chain link fence with barbwire across the top surrounds the back of the building. You can't really see what's back there unless you try to climb over.

OoC:
My apologies for not posting yesterday, I had a writing deadline I was working towards. I met it, but didn't have time for much else.

Ganurath
2011-03-25, 01:31 AM
OoC:Wait... If Jen can't get around back without jumping the fence, how is she supposed to deliver to the alley behind the warehouse? Can I get some sort of partial map of what Jen can see? It's kinda hard to tell what options are available (air vents, fire exits, roof access) without an actual visual.

Aerodynamik
2011-03-25, 11:56 AM
OoC:
You can get to the alley because the alley is across the street, not behind the warehouse.

Also I can get you visuals, but you will have to wait. I don't really have time during my lunch break to draw stuff, upload it to the internet and then post. Tomorrow, maybe, or possibly day after.

Ganurath
2011-03-25, 12:06 PM
OoC:I'm willing to wait.

Aerodynamik
2011-03-25, 02:14 PM
OoC:
All right, cool

Aerodynamik
2011-03-29, 08:57 AM
OoC:
http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/5313/flowroot5433.png

I'm so sorry it took me so long to get this image. I'm scrambling to get all my stuff done so we can go on vacation. (It really snuck up on me.) My internet has been limited too. We leave tomorrow, and while I'm there, I'm not sure how much internet access I'll have, but I'll post as often as possible. Again, really sorry.

Also, this image is totally not to scale. It's just to give an idea of blocking. The warehouse is very big, not just three sidewalk widths. Did this help?