PDA

View Full Version : way to identify people

broli
2011-03-17, 01:04 PM
Hi!!!

In my setting there is an organization that has tons of resourses. Using a extraplanar hideout, they created centralized banking.

The bank has "branches" that are only a simple store, with a permanent teleporter in the back room.

Using that teleport, you get send to a room with people waiting, from there you walk to a shared aisle, and from there to the main lobby of the bank.

I have a way to disable people entering the branch in city A, and going out in city B, abusinng the bank system for fast free travel

Its not perfect because most people fear the retaliation.
Beeing the most powerfull faction of my world, they can punish people in any way they want. So people dosnt want to break the rules.

The problem is, a player of mine ,made me notice that he can simply say a wrong name or use the disguise skill and the bank can never findout his real identity and therefor never punish him.

How can i enforce identification in my setting? Any spell that gives out the real name? Any spell that forces people not to lie (and has no Save)
A way to permanently (or temporaly) mark people that cant be dispeled?

Pd: sorry for my gramar. English is not my native language and im writing this in my celphone :P

The-Mage-King
2011-03-17, 02:45 PM
Hm... an Arcane Mark trap where you enter that has a unique mark and is dispelled when you pass back to the branch you entered at?

That way, the people at the other exits can say "Mark?" and check it against the one of the gate they're at...

That should work...

Tvtyrant
2011-03-17, 02:48 PM
Permanent True Sight on the tellers or guards? Or an AMF on the "public" portion of the bank to prevent people from robbing it.

Curmudgeon
2011-03-17, 02:53 PM
Permanent True Sight on the tellers or guards? Or an AMF on the "public" portion of the bank to prevent people from robbing it.
Neither of these does anything for the OP's problem, which is based on use of the mundane Disguise skill.

aquaticrna
2011-03-17, 03:14 PM
epic level guards with constant true-seeing and +100 items of spot and sense motive? any one with a disguise on get's pulled aside and shackled with some kind of cursed ring that will teleport the wearer to the owner of the bracelet (that it goes with?) or maybe just makes a constant scry effect on the character, then it gets removed after you go back through your portal?

Corrik
2011-03-17, 03:28 PM
A lot of the ways listed and further ways I can think of seems pretty inconvenient for customers. I have to think that if you fully protect the bank against a PC than NPCs wouldn't really want to use that bank.

broli
2011-03-17, 03:33 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!

It was so easy!!!!!

Items + fully maxed out sense motive, and i have a cheap and reasonable solution!!

The other ideas are not bad, but the solution has to be practical.

I cant say that a wish spell is casted on everyone entering the bank, bexcause is an overkill

And mixit with an arcane mark spell for "dubious" people

I dont want a bulet proof solution, i want a beleivable solution :p

My players are going to find a way to beat mme sooner or later

Besides, one of the party is the son of noble person (aka rich and with special treatment), so they can use the bank as travel agency.

The problem is one of them not trusting the son, snd wanting to follow that player :p

Necroticplague
2011-03-17, 03:41 PM
Their's a prestige class for scryers that allows them to recognize anyone they've seen when scrying, peircing all mundane and magical disguises. You could have some of the Master Scryers who scry at one end of the portal, while also being at the bank in person, so they know everybody who goes in or out.

PairO'Dice Lost
2011-03-17, 04:40 PM
Their's a prestige class for scryers that allows them to recognize anyone they've seen when scrying, peircing all mundane and magical disguises. You could have some of the Master Scryers who scry at one end of the portal, while also being at the bank in person, so they know everybody who goes in or out.

I'm not familiar with that PrC; what's it called and where is it?

Necroticplague
2011-03-18, 07:40 PM
I'm not familiar with that PrC; what's it called and where is it?

Peeping Scryer, from Nymphology. Doesn't work against people they can't see, though, so some form of see invisible would be necassary. Fortunately, the class requires ability to cast lvl3 spells, and see invisible is a level 2 spell.