PDA

View Full Version : Eberron Books

hivedragon
2011-03-17, 01:05 PM
which of the eberron series of books are worth buying?

EccentricCircle
2011-03-17, 01:44 PM
the Eberron campaign setting is the obvious place to start. it provides a nice introduction to the setting (although it focuses mainly on Khorvaire, the 4e campaign guide is actually a better overview of the setting, as is the 3.5 players guide to eberron)

Then there are region specific books such as secrets of xen'drik which are great for games set in that sort of area. I regularly use this book for other jungle games but it has quite a lot of other information as well, detailing sites of interest within the continent. Explorers handbook also presents adventure site and discusses magical transportation which can be quite handy.

I quite like the Forge of War, but although it makes for a very interesting read if you like fantasy warfare I can't see it being useful in that many games.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-03-17, 02:04 PM
Personal favourites are:

Magic of Eberron (Daelkyr Half-blood and symbionts are awesome)
Secrets of Sarlona for the awesomeness of Tashalastora (THE fix for monk builds, the spinning sword and the only prestige class ACF (ttbomk) Psionic Assassin)
Player's Guide to Eberron

The-Mage-King
2011-03-17, 02:14 PM
Magic and Faiths, I'd say.

Magic for the aforementioned half-blood and symbiots, Faiths for... Well, making this guy (http://fma.wikia.com/wiki/Edward_Elric) possible with some grafts. So, you add a Warforged that considers him it's brother, and...

Dusk Eclipse
2011-03-17, 02:20 PM
Magic and Faiths, I'd say.

Magic for the aforementioned half-blood and symbiots, Faiths for... Well, making this guy (http://fma.wikia.com/wiki/Edward_Elric) possible with some grafts. So, you add a Warforged that considers him it's brother, and...

Curiously enough the Renegade Mastermaker (Which is a perfect class if you want to build Edward) is in Magic of Eberron; but the warforged grafts are found in Faiths of Eberron.

One thing you must be wary about in Faith of Eberron, is the Planar Shepherd, the only class that doesn't cut the raw power of the druids (being a triple threat) and enhance it.

hivedragon
2011-03-17, 09:42 PM
what about dragons of eberron?

Dusk Eclipse
2011-03-17, 10:22 PM
I like it; but it is more useful for DMs than player's as it is difficult to play a Dragon character; besides it has the Sovereign Archetypes, which while useful and somewhat balanced for Dragons, in hands of players (cough dragonwroughtkoboldscough) they are quite broken.