PDA

View Full Version : V:tR Atlanta – Alexander

Aerodynamik
2011-03-17, 01:26 PM
Thread Rules:

Here are the basic rules for how the thread is going to work.

Rule #1: No other players in the V:tR Atlanta Campaign are allowed to read this thread, unless their characters are physically in the same place as Alexander. For example, if all three characters find themselves in a certain building, then all three characters will post on the same thread (it will make more sense when it happens), and when they split up again, they will post back on their own thread. Until then, though, no other players are allowed to look at this thread.

Rule #2: Out of Character dialogue, questions and rolls are to be handled in a clearly label spoiler. Example:

OoC
Here's where the Out of Character text would go
Rule #3: Because dice rolls in V:tR work differently than in many other games, please make sure to use the [rollv] tags when rolling dice instead of just the [roll] tags, so that we can count successes.

Rule #4: This is more of just a heads-up than a rule, but I wanted to let it be known that I've decided to divide game-play up into 'chapters', to allow for better storytelling, and also so that characters will have time between chapters to upgrade their characters and such.
Alexander (http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/9948), Part 1 – The Test

Night 1, October 27th 2010

Atlanta is an old city. It was around during the civil war, you know. General Sherman took it and burned it to the ground. But sometimes, it seems like the ghosts of the men who fought and died during the civil war are still around, hanging around their old haunts even as the city has grown up around them. Atlanta is an old city.

It’s cold tonight, and raining. Clouds have covered the moon, but that doesn’t make it any more dark. It’s never dark in a city like this. A city like this never sleeps. The pitter-patter of the raindrops against the window has a hypnotic effect. Alexander tries to ignore it as he works on the paperwork he has taken home from work. He sits at the desk in his office and his pen scratches against the paper.

He eventually finds himself staring out the window again, and a gentle breeze blows the gauzy drapes slowly around in small eddies.

Eventually, he realizes that there shouldn’t be a breeze. He’s indoors. He shivers as an especially cold wind blows past him.

Something’s wrong.

Hyperion
2011-03-17, 02:29 PM
Alexander stops looking at the paper and looks around. It is quiet maybe a little too quiet. He stands up from his desk and looks around. He isn't quite sure what is going on but something is obviously wrong.

"Is someone here?" as he let his hand reaches for the phone on his desk ready to call someone or the police if necessary. Maybe he's getting paranoid but never know espetially when money is involved. People did crazy things for money and Alex knows what people are willing to do to get it.

Aerodynamik
2011-03-18, 09:46 AM
There's more wind, and a crack, as though the front door was blown back and hit the door frame. Alexander could hear the sound of rain, pitter-pattering. It's inside now, hitting the floor in the entryway. There's a long, tense, moment. Then:

"Calm down, Alexander. It's just me." The voice echoes eerily, seeming to come from all parts of the house at once. It's familiar, but Alexander can't quite place it.

OoC:
In the future, please make all of your character dialogue a certain color, like, say, orange. It helps distinguish it from the rest of the text. Thanks.

Hyperion
2011-03-18, 02:08 PM
"Well, what do you want?"

Alexander put down the phone and wait for the person to reveal himself. He couldn't put a name on the voice but he is used to deal with all kind of people. Forgetting a name or two isn't uncommon.

Aerodynamik
2011-03-18, 10:30 PM
"I just want to talk," The voice says, "For now, anyway. I can't make any promises about what happens after." It laughs, a rough, barking laugh that is amplified as it echoes through the house.

"Here, why don't you come where I can see you. I'm waiting in your bedroom, upstairs." the voice continues. "After all, I'd rather not have to come and find you." A pause. "No, I think both of us would prefer it if I didn't have to do that."

This is followed by the sound of rain, coming in through the front door. The voice doesn't seem to have anything else to say at this juncture.

Hyperion
2011-03-18, 11:11 PM
Alexander picks up one of his cigar and a lighter. He lights up his cigar and puffs some smoke while walking toward his bedroom upstairs. Whoever this person is, really want to talk and he would oblige him of his presence at least.

He walks up to his bedroom not quite sure what to expect but he surely doesn't want the person to come find him downstairs. As he reaches for the door of his bedroom and opens it. Anticipating what could await him behind the door.

Aerodynamik
2011-03-19, 03:17 PM
The window is open in the room. Raindrops hit the sill and the curtains blow about wildly. As the door opens further, your field of vision grows to encompass your bed, at the edge of which sits a man.

He looks like he's straight out of the 1920s. He's got the old-timey three-piece suit and the fedora hat. He's grizzled, with an unshaven face covered in salt-and-pepper stubble. He grins at you, revealing slightly crooked, slightly pointed teeth.

"Hey, Alex," he says, with a voice like sandpaper, "Remember me?"

Hyperion
2011-03-20, 07:24 PM
"I do recognize, the wolf. I would have to fire the security and get more competent. I told you before that I wasn't interested in doing business with you, so what do you want?" Alexander observes the wolf, the man is so strange, like stuck in another time or era. That was unusual to say the least but that must be his gimmick.

Aerodynamik
2011-03-21, 10:33 AM
"I want you to reconsider, Alex," he growls. "I want you to stop, for just a second, and think about what the consequences of not joining me might be." He picks his nails with a knife threateningly.

Hyperion
2011-03-21, 10:46 AM
"Physical threats now? Killing me wouldn't solve anything. Not going to lie to you mr. Wolf, I'm indeed scared for my life but you see doing business is about taking risks all the time especially when so much money is involved. If you had a more enticing offer on the table instead of just buying my asset and having to work under you for something that I have worked so hard to obtain, I would reconsider your offer." The cigar in his mouth maybe made him look a bit tougher than he is right now but he is concerned for his life knowing that this guy is quite capable of initiating his threats.

Aerodynamik
2011-03-21, 01:17 PM
"Okay, well think about this," he says, baring his teeth. "What do have to gain by joining with me? Vast resources? Check." He flicks a sliver of fingernail onto the floor to punctuate his sentence. "A salary increase? Check." Another sliver of fingernail. "Nigh unlimited power? Big check." He grins malevolently.

"I think you know at this point that I'm not just talking about a corporate merger, don't you?"

Hyperion
2011-03-21, 02:04 PM
"Unlimited powers? now you got me interested. What would this entail?" Power has always been a keyword in Alexander's life. He must say today the wolf seems to have come with a renew determination.

Aerodynamik
2011-03-23, 08:41 AM
"Yeah," he growls. "I can tell I've got your interest now. All I had to do was mention power. You're greedy. You've had a taste of power and now you want more." He pauses, flicking another sliver of nail onto the floor. "I like that."

"What it would entail, Alex, is that you sign the merger papers, and then you hand me the reigns. You give me total control of whatever part of the bussiness you can still can your own, your entire estate, everything, even your own free will. You do what I tell you to do. In exchange, I'll let you in on a little secret that will change the way you look at the world for the rest of your life. I'll show you how I bypassed all of your guards, your entire security system, and how to do much, much, more. Then, after I've taught you everything I know, we call it quits. You go your way, I go mine."

"What do you say?"

Hyperion
2011-03-23, 08:58 AM
"That's a huge demand but the benefits seem to be worth it.I knew there was something off about you but couldn't quite put my mind on it and even right now, still can't. Alright, I'll sign those papers if you can show me a sample of what you are talking about. You don't have to explain anything of what you are doing of course. As I understand you would want to keep your secret until I sign the papers." Alexander is curious to see what the Wolf would do, not like it matter much, Alex is already sold and ready to sign.

Aerodynamik
2011-03-23, 01:15 PM
The Wolf puts away the knife and pulls a sheaf of paper out of his suit coat. He flips to the last page and hands it over, along with an ornate wooden pen.

"I'll just need you to put the old John Hancock here, then." He grins. Wolfishly.

Hyperion
2011-03-25, 11:55 AM
Alexander take a look at the paper and then put his name on it. Signing slowly while still puffing some smoke from his cigar, he is quite curious to see where this is going.

"Alright, now your turn."

Aerodynamik
2011-03-25, 11:58 AM
OoC:
Roll initiative.

Hyperion
2011-03-25, 12:14 PM
ignore this posts

Hyperion
2011-03-25, 12:17 PM
initiative:

[roll0]

Aerodynamik
2011-03-25, 02:26 PM
OoC:
Roll first, then the description of what happens.
[roll0]

EDIT: that's all the successes I'll need.
The man tucks the document back into his suit pocket and smiles. Troy notices there's something wrong about his smile. His teeth– did he have fangs before?

Alexander begins to back up instinctively just before the wolf pounces. He lands on Alexander and knocks him to the floor. They wrestle for only a moment before Wolf manages to pin him. Good god, the man's strong, much stronger than he would look. He grins wickedly.

OoC (again):
He rolled higher initiative, then rolled enough to grab you. To attempt to escape his grab, on your turn, (which is next,) make a strength + brawl test, minus 5 dice. If that's zero dice, you can still make a chance roll to escape the grab. (One die.)

Hyperion
2011-03-25, 02:47 PM
Alexander tries to get out of the man grip but is obviously too weak to get out of the man hold.

ooc:

[roll0]

Aerodynamik
2011-03-28, 11:49 AM
In his final moments, Anderson watches as the wolf bares his fangs and lunge towards his throat. There's a wet, ripping sound and feeling, and then blood goes everywhere. There's... no pain. It feels good. Somewhere in the back of his mind, Alexander knows that this man is killing him, and he struggles, but it just feels so good. Slowly, he finds himself slipping away from himself. He's falling, though fields of blackness, further and further away from his body, which has become a speck in the distance.

He dies.

And then he comes back.

He's pulled, joltingly forward, back into his body. His eyes open widely. He's dead. But... He's still here.

He's dead.

The wolf is a few feet away, back on the edge of the bed, twiddling his pocket knife. He looks back at where Alexander lies.

He's dead.

"Hey," Wolf says. "Welcome to the world of the Damned."

OoC:
Strength + Brawl roll.
[roll0]