PDA

View Full Version : [NWoD] Help me make an overpowered mortal!

SurlySeraph
2011-03-17, 04:48 PM
I'm trying to make an excessively badass mortal character as a theoretical exercise, with every supernatural or just silly powerful thing that a mortal can get; XP is no object.

Thus far, he:
*Knows Dim Mak (using an optional suggested rule from Armory Reloaded)
*Will be very good at a number of fighting styles, particularly Kung Fu (so he can multiattack to use Dim Mak on someone four times in one turn, because 14 dice of aggravated damage just isn't enough); Qinna (to increase Dim Mak effectiveness); Frenzied Assault (for more health, intimidation, and hacking off limbs); Modern Army Combatives (for chokeholds and keeping defense against all opponents); Combat Marksmanship; and Sniping.
*Is a Murder Expert (merit from Slashers)
*Carries around a heavy machine gun courtesy of an optional rule in the Armory Errata ((https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B4E22DL0XscIY2M0NzI3YTUtOWI1Ny00NzE5LTg3MTc tYzY2MjVhOGE2NWZj&hl=en).
*Has the Giant merit to aid in carrying said machine gun.
*Has a pistol-sized fully automatic sniper rifle (via the Prototype rules in Armory Reloaded) as his sidearm
*May have said machine gun and sniper rifle be magical, via Enhanced Item. I haven't decided yet.
*Can open Avernian Gates (Gatekeeper, from Book of the Dead)
*Can summon ghosts (Ghost-Calling, from Second Sight)
*Is biokinetic, cryokinetic and pyrokinetic (also Second Sight)
*Is a psychic vampire (because he needs a ton of Willpower to fuel his Dim Mak and psychic powers; Second Sight again)

So here's the question: what have I missed? Surely there are more supernatural/ borderline supernatural powers available to mortals. I'm trying to avoid subtle powers, because this *is* a 7-foot-tall underworld-traveling kung fu master assassin with elemental powers, a silly huge gun and even sillier non-huge gun, and familiarity with the Touch of Death, but anything helps.

comicshorse
2011-03-17, 10:48 PM
He could make a Pledge with a Changeling

( Main Changeling Rulebook p175-90)

pasko77
2011-03-18, 11:33 AM
I kinda remember that True Faith was overpowered in oWoD, I don't know if it still holds, but it's worth a try.

MickJay
2011-03-18, 02:38 PM
You can give him the Teleinformatics Endowment (V.A.S.C.U) - though you have to choose which particular powers you want him to have, since I don't think you can ever have more than 5 (although I'm not 100% sure about that).

Kuma Da
2011-03-18, 06:54 PM
This man, whoever he may be, is the god that all Hunters secretly worship.

Srsly.

I think he could maybe go toe-to-toe with an OWoD Ahroun.

....alright, maybe a ragabash.

WitchSlayer
2011-03-19, 05:25 AM
Did you remember to get boxing? I believe that adds another attack if you missed it. If XP is no option, and if you maxed kung fu AND dexterity you should probably have more attacks than that if you toss in boxing.

lightningcat
2011-03-19, 05:31 AM
If you have Mirrors, they have several options for mortals.

SurlySeraph
2011-03-19, 02:44 PM
@^: I remember Conviction and those ultra-specialty things, yeah. Anything else I should try to find?

@WitchSlayer: Does Combination Blows stack with the extra attacks from Kung Fu? If it does, that'd be smart.

I kinda remember that True Faith was overpowered in oWoD, I don't know if it still holds, but it's worth a try.

You can give him the Teleinformatics Endowment (V.A.S.C.U) - though you have to choose which particular powers you want him to have, since I don't think you can ever have more than 5 (although I'm not 100% sure about that).

This man, whoever he may be, is the god that all Hunters secretly worship.

Srsly.

I think he could maybe go toe-to-toe with an OWoD Ahroun.

....alright, maybe a ragabash.

Ooh, that gives me an idea. I see no reason why I couldn't get Status with every Hunter Conspiracy and buy every Endowment ever. Extra psychic powers, magic potions, magic artifacts, magic Catholicism, monster-part grafts...

Selrahc
2011-03-19, 07:20 PM
I'm trying to make an excessively badass mortal character as a theoretical exercise, with every supernatural or just silly powerful thing that a mortal can get; XP is no object.

There are some merits based around supernatural heritage. Generally mutually exclusive,

Ghoul Families can have a variety of advantages, but also comes with the cost of being very easily mind controlled and enthralled. Probably give them a pass.

The expanded wolf-blooded merit from Blood of the Wolf gives a quick healer merit that stack with the regular one, as well as some protection from lunacy, werewolf unseen sense, and unlocking Lunatic Glare, which allows the character to invoke Werewolf style lunacy for 1 willpower point. As well as gaining access to Fetish Klaives and Trinkets which operate for Wolf blooded.

Of course that is peanuts compared to being from a mage warped bloodline. A powerful life mage can permanently alter his descendants to enjoy a variety of effects. Fate mages can do similar stuff.

A promethean who finishes his pilgrimage on the other hand, will be able to have stats potentially reaching up to 10(or even 11 if they had a chimera Athanor), as well as possibly gaining a powerful supernatural ability from their Athanor and immunity to disquiet.