PDA

View Full Version : [2]Original Spells

Toofey
2011-03-17, 11:48 PM
HA! 2nd ed. Yes that's Right.

So real talk: Spells are spells they just do stuff, share some of your original spells (it doesn't matter what version of D&D they are) if you don't mind them turning up in enemy spellbooks in the FR campaign I run. also I am developing a game system so don't steal any of these for game systems of your own then sue me over them (If you do want to steal them for your game systems please feel free, just let me know, and know that I will still be using them and letting other people take them as well, also give me some spells in return)

All spell levels are relative to 2nd ed cause that's how my brain works.
Fall
5th Lvl Speed: instant
This spell causes one target to fall down. The spell does not work on flying creatures, or creatures who for some other reason cannot fall down. (such as they are sitting, levitating, under the effects of feather fall etc…) There is no save for eligible targets. The spell is literally cast with a glance.

Proof
5th casting time: 1 turn
This item protects one object or structure (from a pin head to a castle; 1 thing) from having its form changed by magic of 4th level or lower. With all magic 5th lvl or higher going through a power test as per dispel magic to work. It also provides a +2 to the object’s saves vs destructive magic.

Magic Resistance
8th Lvl Casting time: 6 Duration: 1rnd/level
This spell provides the caster with 5% magic resistance for every 2 levels. (rounded down) therefore a 17th level Mage would receive 40% Magic resistance (16/2=8*5%)

Aura of Protection
8th Level Casting Time:7 Duration 1rnd/level
this spell grants 1 target for every 3 levels of the Mage with a plus 1 as per a ring of protection, for every five levels of the caster. This effect functions exactly like a ring of protection, including adding to AC if no magical armor is worn. The reverse of this spell Aura of Vulnerability functions identically except with a negative effect. The reverse version of this spell always lowers AC. This spell does not top out at +/-5

( have something of an overabundance of 8th level spells because 2e 8th level is weak, as in of poor quality not low in power per say)

Enhance Sight
2nd lvl Casting time: 3 Durration 1 turn/lvl
This spell allows the caster far superior vision. It allows them to magnify what they see up to x5 either for t seeing distance or for magnification.

Burning Ray
5th level casting time 3
This spell fires a powerful beam of light from the casters finger. The caster can either fire this beam in a single direction or sweep his finger.

If firing in a single direction the caster takes aim mating an attack roll as a warrior of the same level, plus whatever dexterity bonuses they would receive for a missile attack. The target, if hit suffers 1d4+1/level of the caster in damage, a successful save cutting this damage in half. If the target fails to save, the ray of light punches through them striking anyone behind them (the DM can adjudicate any negatives or bonuses for the caster lining up multiple targets intentionally.) The ray continues until it strikes a target that makes it's save.

If the ray is swept it affects targets in up to a 90o arc from the caster. Each target in the area of effect saves taking 5d4+5 damage, halved if they make their save.

Animate Weapon
4th Level, casting time:4 Duration: 1rnd/level
This spell animates any weapon that the caster is proficient in. Which will fight with the caster’s Thac0 for 1 rnd/ level. The Weapon gets The number of attacks the caster would, but must remain within 15’ of the caster or the spell ends immediately. Within these limits the caster directs the weapons actions, it does not require concentration to maintain. While the animated weapon normally has a movement rate of 12(a) it will move faster if the caster is, in order to keep pace with them, and at such speeds is considered 12a relative to the caster. If the caster is proficient in shield use, it can be used to animate a shield for the same benefit the caster would receive normally.

Torrential Rain
5h Level Casting time: 3 rounds
This spell summons intense rain within 1d4 rounds of being cast and lasts 1 turn per level of the caster. This rain covers a radius of 1 mile/level of the caster centered on the caster. It halves all movement rates within the area of effect, and reduces visibility to a 20 yard max. This spell’s will have greater or lesser effects depending on the environment. Arid areas halve the duration, and deserts reduce it to a quarter an area where this effect could seem naturally occurring would have triple duration. Further effects depending on the circumstances (flooding, the rains freezing, ground softening etc…) are adjudicated by the DM.

Bright Blade
5th Level Casting time: 1 Round
This spell empowers any edged weapon with the powers of a Sword of Sharpness (standard +1 if the weapon is unenchanted, if the weapon has a higher bonus it’s own bonus is used) This spell lasts for 2 turns. While the spell is in effect the sword glows as if enchanted with Faire fire.

Ebony Blade
7th level Casting time: 1 rnd
This spell functions similarly to Bright Blade expect that it confers the powers of a Vorpal Sword +3 on the enchanted weapon. While this spell is in effect the blade of the weapon in question becomes a highly reflective glossy black.

Charge
8th Level Casting time: 1: Turn.
This spell allows the caster to sacrifice memorized spells in order to recharge any sort of charge based magical items. The Caster can sacrifice any number of spells which are higher level than the lowest level spell the item is capable of duplicating. The item receives 1 charge for each spell sacrificed this way, +1 (for the Charge spell itself) If the item in question does not duplicate a known spell the effective level of the item’s ability is determined by the DM. This spell always grants a minimum of 1 charge, even if the lowest level spell duplicated by the item in question is 9th level.

Mass Enlarge/Shrink
4th Level,
This spell acts identically to enlarge/shrink except that it can be used to target up to one target for each of the caster’s levels.

Permanent Size Change
3rd lvl
This spell acts identically to an enlarge/shrink spell, expect that it’s effects are permanent. A dispel curse is necessary to end the spells effects.
(I have heard that those two have already been covered by later versions of D&D)

Illusorily Triumph
8th level
This advanced illusion makes it appear to the caster’s enemies, as if they manage to overcome and slay the Caster, as well as up to one half the caster’s level in companions. In actuality the victory is an illusion, the caster and their companions are rendered totally invisible and silent to all except one another. The spell lasts until any of the cloaked characters takes an action that would break a standard invisibility spell, or for 1 turn/caster level.

Silent will
8th level
This spell allows the user to cast spells 7th level or lower for up to one round per level by silent act of will alone. As such the user does not need to move, and measure such as hold person will not prevent them from casting spells, even if they do hamper their movement. It does not increase the rate of spellcasting and the normal casting limits apply. This spell is cast by silent act of will alone.

Quick
5th level spell
This spell functions like haste for a single target without the aging side effect for ½ the caster’s level in rounds. (round down)

Mute
3rd level spell
This spell silences a single target for 1 turn with no save.

Hop
2nd level spell
This spell allows the caster a single blink up to 30’ which they caster can control. This happens at the time of casting and cannot be held once cast.

Fizzle
4th level spell Save:Neg range:10yards/level
This spell causes the next spell cast by the target to fail, inexplicably if they did not succeed in a spellcraft check (or are familiar with the spell)

mouseyone
2011-03-18, 11:36 PM
these were player made in my game...
Instant Bath
Conjuration
Level: sor/wiz 0, cleric 0, druid 0, rgr 0
Components: V,S,F(A miniature Ivory bathtub worth no less than 50 gp)
Casting Time: 1 rd
Range: 10 ft
Effect: Special
Duration: ½ hour / level or until the towel is used
Save: none (harmless)
SR: no (harmless)
This spell creates a luxury bath that remains comfortable (i.e. the temp is comfortable to the caster) until the provided towel is removed or the duration runs out. The tub is large enough for a comfortable soak by the caster and it has a pleasant soap and a soft towel. The tub does not protect the occupant however so it would be wise to use this spell somewhere safe and secure.

in my game players who fail to deal with hygiene end up with consequences...so i got a kick out of the work around this player did.

Power Word, Clean
Conjuration
Level: sor/wiz 2
Components: V
Casting time: 1 action
Range: Close (25ft + 5ft / level)
Area: 10cu ft + 1 cu ft / level
Duration: Instantaneous
Save: none
SR: No
Cleans one room or large object to sparkling clean. Leaves no dirt or dust anywhere within the area of effect.

Power Word, Bath
Conjuration
Level: sor/wiz 3
Components: V
Range: Touch
Target: self or creature touched
Duration: Instantaneous
Save: Reflex (harmless)
SR: yes (harmless)
Cleans one person or creature to sparkling clean. Leaves no dirt or dust anywhere on target. Also removes any foul body odors.

Squeaky farts
Transmutation
Level: sor/wiz 1
Components: V, S, F (a rubber strip)
Range: Close (25ft + 5ft/ 2 levels)
Target: one creature
Duration: 1 rd / level
Saving throw: Will negates
SR: Yes

This spell causes the target to release “squeaky farts”. This is a mostly harmless spell although can impair the senses of the target (and if rp’ed properly sometimes those around him).This was made a prank spell but has many uses depending on the player. The focus is not used up in casting the spell.

Last one the name is a bit graffic so i put the whole thing in a spoiler...
****s and giggles
Transmutation
Level: sor/wiz 5
Components: V, S, F (a wax doll made of the finest wax)
Duration: 1 rd / 2 levels
Saving throw: Will negates
SR: Yes
This spell is based on Tasha’s laughter. The target will alternate between bouts of diarrhea and uncontrollable laughter. This was made a prank spell but has many uses depending on the player. The focus is not used up in casting the spell.

now that i have proven my players to be twisted, i shall go on.:smallcool:

mouseyone
2011-03-21, 10:31 AM
oops forgot one...but this was an npc creation not player

Confinement
Conjuration
Components: V, S, F (a small glass cage)
Saving throw: reflex negates
SR: no
This spell surrounds the target in a force cage. The cage is
antimagic and indestructible. So it is impossible to escape from. The walls of the cage are solid so enclosure means no access to the
imprisoned. There is no need for air while in the cage and it is sound proof. When the duration is up it disappears as if it never
was. This was made a prank spell but has many uses depending on the player. The focus is not used up in casting the spell.

the original use for this involved casting this & the s&g spell on a pc prankster who wouldnt leave said npc alone...it was a bit of payback...lol

Shrink Person
Transmutation
Level: Sor/Wiz 4
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Effect: Ray
Target: One person/level
Duration: One day/level
Saving Throw: Reflex negates
Spell Resistance: Yes
You are able to shrink one person to 1/16 of their normal size in each dimension (to about 1/4,000 the original volume and mass). This change effectively reduces the person’s size by four categories (for instance, from Large to Diminutive). Optionally, you can also change its now shrunken composition to a clothlike one. People changed by a shrink person spell can be returned to normal composition and size merely by tossing them onto any solid surface or by a word of command from the original caster.
A person shrunken by this spell into a cloth is held in the state in which they were in when the spell was cast upon them. Restoring the shrunken person to its normal size and composition ends the spell. The spell can be renewed before the duration ends to keep the person patched & extend duration. although a will save is given to the patched person to escape at the new casting.

Gamer Girl
2011-03-21, 10:47 AM
Confinement
Conjuration
Components: V, S, F (a small glass cage)
Saving throw: reflex negates
SR: no
This spell surrounds the target in a force cage. The cage is
antimagic and indestructible. So it is impossible to escape from. The walls of the cage are solid so enclosure means no access to the
imprisoned. There is no need for air while in the cage and it is sound proof. When the duration is up it disappears as if it never
was. This was made a prank spell but has many uses depending on the player. The focus is not used up in casting the spell. [/SPOILER]

the original use for this involved casting this & the s&g spell on a pc prankster who wouldnt leave said npc alone...it was a bit of payback...lol

This spell is insanely over powered. A force cage that is impossible to escape from? Not even Forcecage it self is this good....

mouseyone
2011-03-21, 10:59 AM
This spell is insanely over powered. A force cage that is impossible to escape from? Not even Forcecage it self is this good....

it was meant to hold an insanly powerful wizard. (it was an epic game) as i said it was a situational modifier. it is not a spell i allow my players. the only reason i posted it was for the humor of it.