PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 and d20 merging

Shademan
2011-03-18, 04:54 AM
For my next campaign I had trouble making the classes fit in. So I was thinking about making some sort of point buy system for buying class features and feats but this seemed very complicated.
But then I figured, how about just using the classes from d20 modern? they fit the campaign perfectly, now it was just a matter of adding and removing some feats/skills, equipment and class features, which I think I will simply turn into feats (example: arcane magic, gain wizard spell progressiod, druidic magic, sorcery, all the other spell progressions, Rage etc etc)

Now before you start howling about how this can be misused, keep in mind that I did not make this for general consumption. just for my little group of players who are not inclined to abuse mechanics.

Thougts? ideas? random slander?

Gnoman
2011-03-18, 07:10 AM
Don't use feats. Turn the abilities into talent trees instead and put them on the approrpriate class. Feats are rare, and it's easier to just say "the tough hero has access to the Rage talent tree in addition to the standard options" than to try to add more feats/level (even bonus feats/level) to balance it out.

Shademan
2011-03-18, 07:13 AM
Don't use feats. Turn the abilities into talent trees instead and put them on the approrpriate class. Feats are rare, and it's easier to just say "the tough hero has access to the Rage talent tree in addition to the standard options" than to try to add more feats/level (even bonus feats/level) to balance it out.

hm. you may have a point there.
tho what to put in a rage talen tree... just going rage, improved rage is boring... yes, making more talent trees will be a fair ammount of work.
excellent!

Eldan
2011-03-18, 07:26 AM
You might want to have a look at the legend system: their "ability tracks" might be converted into talent trees.

Shademan
2011-03-18, 07:30 AM
You might want to have a look at the legend system: their "ability tracks" might be converted into talent trees.

I might do that.
provided I can find the books

Gnoman
2011-03-18, 07:34 AM
hm. you may have a point there.
tho what to put in a rage talen tree... just going rage, improved rage is boring... yes, making more talent trees will be a fair ammount of work.
excellent!

Rage 1/day
Rage 2/day
Rage 3/day

Works just like the Damage Reduction tree.

Shademan
2011-03-18, 08:20 AM
Rage 1/day
Rage 2/day
Rage 3/day

Works just like the Damage Reduction tree.

|well yes, I suppose