PDA

View Full Version : NeverEnding Dungeon - Anarias (RaggedAngel)

theterran
2011-03-18, 07:47 AM
The air surrounding you fairly hums with the residue of magic, an after effect of the spell that brought you to this place. A quick glance reveals that you are in a small room, devoid of any life save for yourself. The sound of dripping water can be heard faintly, and the stone walls are slick with moisture. In complete defiance of logic, a torch is already lit, resting in a sconce near the room's single door.

Map:{table]|A_|B_|C_
1|||
2||N|
3|||
4|||[/table]

There is a door at C-4, south side.

DM Notes:Sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=271584)

RaggedAngel
2011-03-18, 04:59 PM
Anarias freezes in place, listening for any sound other than the dripping water. After a moment of listening, he also begins to carefully inspect the room for traps as well as he is able without leaving the spot that he arrived in. He spends a minute or so in that same spot, and if he finds nothing he moves carefully to the door and inspects the lock.

If it is locked he attempts to open it, carefully removing his lockpicking tools from the side of his pack. He continues to listen for activity beyond the door the entire time he works on the lock, and he attempts to remain as silent as possible.

Listen: [roll0]

Search (I'll take 20 if you let me): [roll1]

Move Silently: [roll2]

Open Lock: [roll3]

And, if he does find a trap;

Disable Device: [roll4]

Let me know if you'd like me to take less actions at a time out-of-combat. Again, thank you very much for running this. You've made my day week. :smallsmile:

theterran
2011-03-18, 09:23 PM
(Side Note: You can take 20 on searching as much as you like, just keep in mind that searching each 5'x5' square takes 2 minutes when you take 20.)

You hear nothing but the faint dripping of water.

I'm going to assume you're only searching the door, but in the future, please specify what you're searching.

Another aside
(Some that I have DM'd in the past have given marching orders so they don't have to be specific everytime. For instance - When I come across a door, I will always take 20 to search it. or I will always navigate around prodding the floor and walls with my 10ft pole. Hopefully this will help you, I'm not saying you have to do it, I'm just letting you know what others have done before they died horribly...)

Searching the door, you find no locks, or hint of any traps.

The door to this point still remains closed...:smallwink:

RaggedAngel
2011-03-18, 10:35 PM
Thank you for the advice. Anarias will indeed take the full 2 minutes to search every door he comes across, unless there's a reason not to, such as imminent death.

Anarias draws his rapier and then carefully opens the door, looking outside.

Spot: [roll0]

theterran
2011-03-21, 06:58 AM
Opening the door, and stepping through the doorway, a vorpal guillotine drops from the ceiling, auto critting and slicing your head clean off!
your darkvision allows you to see that there is a hallway that extends 30 ft south, before splitting east and west. At 20ft, the hall splits to the east.

Your darkvision allows you to see another hallway running east, that extends beyond your darkvision. At 10 ft the hallway splits north and south. At 30ft there is a door on the northern wall of the hallway, and at 60ft there is another split to the north and south.

(Note: I will have you step through doorways more times than not unless there is a reason for me not to do so, just for expediency and to make distance calculations easier :smallwink:)

term1nally s1ck
2011-03-21, 07:05 AM
How the hell would a guillotine drop from the floor?

theterran
2011-03-21, 07:11 AM
How the hell would a guillotine drop from the floor?

I have no idea what you're talking about :smallconfused:

RaggedAngel
2011-03-21, 03:33 PM
Anarias heads south, searching each square before he enters it. He moves until something happens or he reaches the first split of the passage. He remains vigilant for any danger.

Since there's 20 feet between him and the first split:
Search x4: [roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3]
This should take four full-round actions.

In case he needs it: Disable Device: [roll4]

Spot: [roll5]
Listen: [roll6]

Move Silently: [roll7]

theterran
2011-03-22, 06:57 AM
You make it 20ft to the split without incident. You see that that split goes 10ft east before turning back north.

RaggedAngel
2011-03-22, 04:19 PM
Feeling a bit more bold, Anarias turns down the split-off and walks the ten feet without searching for traps.

Listen:[roll0]

Move Silently: [roll1]

theterran
2011-03-23, 06:58 AM
You stand in a corner.
Looking north, the hallway goes 40ft before turning east, at 20ft there is an east/west split.
Looking west, the hallway goes 10ft before ending in a north/south split.
5ft down the north hallway, there is a closed door on the east wall.

RaggedAngel
2011-03-23, 04:02 PM
Anarias heads to the door and searches it carefully for traps. If he finds nothing he attempts to open it; if it's locked, he tries to pick it.

Move Silently: [roll0]

Search: Take 20 for a 26

Disable Device: [roll1]

Open Lock: [roll2]

theterran
2011-03-23, 08:24 PM
Opening the door reveals the following room:
{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_
1|||||
2|||||
3|||||
4||||B|H[/table]
There is a door at A-2, which you are just outside of, another at E-4, south side and another at E-3. There is a human wearing a chain shirt and holding a longsword standing behind a beast with patchy dark fur that covers its unhealthy shrunken black skin in some places. Open sores dot its hide and a feral, catlike head glances with it's blank eyes at the wall in front of it.
Initiative:[roll0]

RaggedAngel
2011-03-23, 08:59 PM
Anarias (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=271584)
Male True Neutral Whisper Gnome Rogue/Warblade, Level 1, Init +5, HP 15/15, Speed 30ft.
AC 18, Touch 16, Flat-footed 13, Fort +5, Ref +8, Will -4, Base Attack Bonus 1
Rapier +7 (1d4, 18-20/x2)
Dagger (2) +7 (1d3, 19-20/x2)
Leather Armor (+2 Armor, +5 Dex, +1 Size)
Abilities Str 10, Dex 20, Con 16, Int 14, Wis 8, Cha 6
[B]Maneuvers[B]
Sapphire Nightmare Blade
Moment of Perfect Clarity
Wolf Fang Strike (If he goes first.)
(Note: His AC drops to 16 if he goes first and enters his Punishing Stance)

Initiative: [roll0]

If he wins initiative:
Anarias balks for a moment, then attacks. He moves to A2 then A4 then C4 (25ft of movement) and then drops into his Punishing Stance as a swift action. He draws a dagger while he moves and uses his Wolf Fang Strike on the beast.

Rapier Attack: [roll1]

Rapier Damage: [roll2] + Punishing Stance [roll3] + Sneak Attack (if applicable) [roll4]

Dagger Attack: [roll5]

Dagger Damage: [roll6] + Punishing Stance [roll7] + Sneak Attack (if applicable) [roll8]

If he doesn't win initiative:
Sucks to be him.

term1nally s1ck
2011-03-23, 09:03 PM
theterran:
http://rookery9.aviary.com.s3.amazonaws.com/4542500/4542501_538d_625x625.jpg

Use this.

theterran
2011-03-24, 07:26 AM
@TS
LOL...Nice Pic

The beast disappears. The human just smiles, as he begins casting a spell.
A flash of color explodes from his out stretched hand, encompassing you.
Make a Will Save plz.

DM Notes:

[roll0]
[roll1]

RaggedAngel
2011-03-24, 04:48 PM
Anarias blinks, scolding himself for using his brief moment of action to drop into his Punishing Stance instead of saving for his Moment of Perfect Clarity.

His fragile mind attempts to block the power of the lights unaided by his maneuvers.

[roll0]

I'm not hoping for much.

...Perhaps next time I'll be less of an idiot and I'll keep my saves in the positives. Ah, well, I shouldn't have expected to gotten through my first encounter. Fare thee well.

RaggedAngel
2011-03-24, 05:06 PM
Anarias grins, and his weak will is enveloped in the endless tide of his concentration. The Moment of Perfect Clarity fills his mind, and he is consumed by the image of a great wall attempting to block the burst of color.

Counter, Moment of Perfect Clarity:

[roll0]

Sorry about the confusion. I didn't realized that immediate actions used up your next turn's swift action. I was rather sad there for a minute.

...of course, I can still tank this roll. I'll have to wait and see...

EDIT- :sigh:

theterran
2011-03-24, 08:20 PM
You're unconcious for 6 rounds...blinded for 3, and stunned for 1...

Coup De Grace x5 coming up.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

If somehow you manage to survive that, and the ensuing 5 fort saves, let me know.

(edit)

Ouch...max damage twice! :smalleek:

Don't feel bad...this guy kills lots of people...including me...two or three times...:smallsigh:

RaggedAngel
2011-03-24, 10:48 PM
Thank you for DMing for me; I had a nice time, despite the quick death. I look forward to killing this guy in the future. :smallwink: