PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 wizard Q

kayden87
2011-03-18, 12:28 PM
hey, u can make a sorc memorize spells with a feat, can u make a wizard cast spontaneously? if so which feat

Pentachoron
2011-03-18, 12:37 PM
hey, u can make a sorc memorize spells with a feat, can u make a wizard cast spontaneously? if so which feat

There's a feat in Complete Mage that allows a wizard to leave a spell slot empty and later prepare and cast a spell from that slot in the same round (IIRC it takes the whole round though). Probably about as close as you're going to get with a feat. You can also always get into Mage of the Arcane Order.

kayden87
2011-03-18, 12:59 PM
whats its name?

Douglas
2011-03-18, 01:27 PM
Alacritous Cogitation.

There's also Uncanny Forethought from Exemplars of Evil.

kayden87
2011-03-18, 01:29 PM
ahh ok, thank you

Yuki Akuma
2011-03-18, 01:32 PM
There's a Salient Divine Ability that lets you spontaneously cast any spell in your spellbook.

But you have to be a god to get it.

There's also Signature Spell, which lets you spontaneously convert spell slots into one specific spell, which you have to also have Spell Mastery for.

Here's a nice trick: Gnome Illusionist x/Shadowcraft Mage 3* with Heighten Spell, Earth Spell and Signature Spell: Silent Image. You can now spontaneously cast any Sorcerer/Wizard Evocation, Conjuration (Creation) or Conjuration (Summoning) spell. You don't even have to know them.

They're only partially real, though. Until you get to 110%+ reality Shadow spells.

* Note: I'm not entirely sure what level they get Shadow Magic. But it's something like that.

kayden87
2011-03-18, 01:50 PM
intetesting, but my gf picked my race tho... lesser teifling for my wizzard hehe

kayden87
2011-03-18, 04:34 PM
but yeah everything here is helpful ty

herrhauptmann
2011-03-18, 05:22 PM
intetesting, but my gf picked my race tho... lesser teifling for my wizzard hehe

He's not named Rincewind, is he?

Keld Denar
2011-03-18, 05:37 PM
There's also Signature Spell, which lets you spontaneously convert spell slots into one specific spell, which you have to also have Spell Mastery for.

Here's a nice trick: Gnome Illusionist x/Shadowcraft Mage 3* with Heighten Spell, Earth Spell and Signature Spell: Silent Image. You can now spontaneously cast any Sorcerer/Wizard Evocation, Conjuration (Creation) or Conjuration (Summoning) spell. You don't even have to know them.

The only problem with this trick is that applying Heighten Spell to a spontaneously converted spell means that the casting time is increased to a full round action. That means that you have to give up your move action. while this isn't completely crippling, its still kinda...crappy. I like spending my move action to block charge lanes between me and anyone with a sharp metal bit to stick in my soft gnomish insides.

Another trick to make a wizard semi-spontaneous is take the Spontaneous Divination ACF in Complete Champion. While not technically a feat, it replaces your 5th, 10th, 15th, or 20th level wizard bonus feat, so the price is essentially the same.

Another trick for an Ultimate Magus is to take Versatile Spellcaster. This lets you burn a slot from your spontaneous side to cast any spell you know on your prepared side. Granted, your spontaneous side will generally only contain a few low level spells, but there are some REALLY great utility 1st-3rd level spells.

Endarire
2011-03-18, 06:29 PM
Spontaneous Wizards, the Handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=7150.0)