PDA

View Full Version : Serious Question, Serious Gaming IV: What game have you played the longest?

Triscuitable
2011-03-18, 03:01 PM
ALRIGHTY THEN! Sorry guys, I kind of got off track, with a hard drive meltdown and a couple other problems (like the wonders of Fallout 3 Nexus), and other things. But in the meantime, here's question numero quatro.

What game have you put a ridiculously long amount of time into?

Mine would be, no doubt about it, Fallout 3. Counting my ridiculous 200 hours in the console version (and 50 more with DLC), as well as the 150 hours I've put into the PC version, it's a no brainer. Plus, with the abundancy of mods, there's no shortage of awesome.

You guys know the rules, and one again, don't mind if someone else puts up the same answer as you. We all know the top five here are likely to be (not in order), Fallout 3, Oblivion, Morrowind, Mass Effect 1 or 2, and a Final Fantasy title from the depths of awesome.

But hey, don't let that bother you! It's another Serious Question for Serious Gamers!

Update: Sorry, I was kind of in a rush to post this. Had some work to do. So now all of last week's posts are going to be next week. I'm really tired. I had a lot of personal things happen, I'm not going any further, so let's leave it at that.

Volatar
2011-03-18, 03:11 PM
Eve Online. I spent nearly 700 hours playing it before I finally quit.

League of Legends is quickly getting up there in the number of hours played for me.

Xyk
2011-03-18, 03:24 PM
Civilization 4. I cannot stop playing that game. I'll go like a month without it and then start up again, 6 hours per day, just conquering the world.

tyckspoon
2011-03-18, 03:28 PM
Team Fortress 2 is currently showing me 412 hours played. I probably have similar in Warcraft, although I can't remember where to check at the moment.

Lord Loss
2011-03-18, 04:14 PM
Fallout 3. I played that so much, it's ridiculous, although I'm sure there's some other game I've played more that I'm not thinking of...

Raveypoos
2011-03-18, 04:19 PM
World of Warcraft closely followed by Oblivion and League of Legends.

Cogwheel
2011-03-18, 04:35 PM
Most time?

X-COM: UFO Defense, at a guess. Took me 70 hours (including leaving it on overnight a couple times, I admit) to finish it. Failing that... maybe some roguelikes? I don't know.

Cespenar
2011-03-18, 04:45 PM
Ancient Domains of Mystery, also known as ADOM. While I don't possess an exact way to count, I estimate my playtime to be 1000+ hours at the very least, what with the blood of hundreds of characters on my hands across the last 9 years.

Crossblade
2011-03-18, 05:59 PM
About 7 years ago up to 3 years ago it was Ragnarok Online.
Nowadays it's Halo Reach but I wish it was more Minecraft... but I have a bit of creator's block [no pun intended] and am a little disappointed that I can't get around the 30 second to minute lag I experience in multiplayer, making multi unplayable.

....as a kid, it would have been the original Mario Kart for the Snes.

arguskos
2011-03-18, 06:04 PM
Baldur's Gate 2. I've logged at least 5000+ hours in it. That's not a typo. Five thousand hours. It's my favorite game of all time, hands down, and I've beaten the entire series with every combination of character and race imaginable.

If you count the entire BG series (so, 1+2), probably 7000+ hours.

Dumbledore lives
2011-03-18, 06:18 PM
Well my most is probably my 700+ hours in Team Fortress 2. Following that it's probably the combination of all the mods of Medieval 2: Total War. I've also spent at least 200 hours on the final fantasy tactics games, and over 150 on Left 4 Deads.

Toastkart
2011-03-18, 06:42 PM
It's a little difficult to determine exactly what I've spent the most time on, but here are the top contenders.

Guild Wars, I've been playing on and off since release.

Final Fantasy Tactics, I've beaten the game five times, and started but not finished at least half a dozen more times.

I put around 90 hours into my first playthrough of Star Ocean 2, and I've done several others.

Winter_Wolf
2011-03-18, 10:25 PM
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri/Alien Crossfire. First got it in 1999, and it has been installed on every single computer I've owned since then, and played probably entirely too much. It's the one game I've owned that NEVER gets uninstalled--except when it had some weird conflict with CCleaner once in a while, and then it was uninstalled just long enough to get it reinstalled. :smalltongue:

Nothing since has even come close to keeping my attention like that.

Seonor
2011-03-18, 10:31 PM
Supreme Commander and Supreme Commander Forged Alliance are up there, especially with the mods (Oh BOU, how I love thee).
The first Stronghold. I have it since it was published 2001 and I still play it at least five hours a month.
I have 100% completed Beyond Good & Evil at least five or six times.
If you count an entire series of games, the various X (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_%28game_series%29) are also very high up there.

Triscuitable
2011-03-18, 11:28 PM
Team Fortress 2 is currently showing me 412 hours played. I probably have similar in Warcraft, although I can't remember where to check at the moment.

Haha! It took me a mere week to clock in 100 hours! (That's a really bad thing!)

Mewtarthio
2011-03-18, 11:59 PM
I must have played through the entirety of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars at least ten times as a kid. I tend to only play through games once these days--maybe sticking around to do extra challenges if I really enjoyed the gameplay--so I doubt anything I've done since then can match that.

MoelVermillion
2011-03-19, 12:04 AM
Half-Life. It was more the mods than the base game but I'm counting it all under that umbrella. I'd spent at least a few hours each day playing different mods for a period of quite a few years... good times...

factotum
2011-03-19, 02:35 AM
World of Warcraft, without a doubt--I spent something like four hours a day *on average* playing that game for 14 months. Once I realised that, I stopped!

If we exclude MMOs, which are designed to be time sinks and therefore probably shouldn't count, then I'd say X3: Terran Conflict--I've restarted it at least four times and each time my in-game time has been at least 4-5 days (although with the time compression system the game offers that would be somewhat less in real life).

SparkMandriller
2011-03-19, 03:45 AM
My Xfire's got like a thousand hours of the third Splinter Cell logged. Like every second update stops it working with that game, though, so add a few hundred that haven't been recorded.
That game was pretty cool. It'd be nice if more people played it so I could still get games.

Typewriter
2011-03-19, 03:58 AM
When Final Fantasy X came out I was a teenager living with his father. My dad 'bought' me a PS2, the game, and a memory card (I had to pay him back 4x the cost over a 3 year period).

Since this was the only game I had for this entire time (aside from a few older games) I put a lot of time into it.

Around 50 playthroughs would be slightly more accurate.

One perfect playthrough, in which I got perfect stats across the board. Probably around 120 hours in this save.

About 25-30 playthroughs in which I would simply start the game and run through it. Probably an average of 16 hours in each of these saves

And the rest I used my staggered saves* to be able to rush the plot of the game for a good story. Each of these I think took about half as long. Kind of. So about 8 hours each (if I remember correctly (it's been nearly 10 years)).

*Staggered Saves: Every 5th save point I reached I gained 20 levels, and then saved in a different slot. Once I had a set of 'staggered saves' I could run through the game easily (way overpowered), and rather than ever having to level or be challenged I would simply load in a new save at the exact same location in the plot.

So, at least around 750 hours total. I'm thinking it was probably a lot more than that, either because it took me longer to get through the game than I'm remembering, or because I played it even more times than I had though (I lost count after about 35). Suffice it to say that once I was able to buy my own games FFX has never been touched by me since. I did enjoy FFX-2 though :P

The_Final_Stand
2011-03-19, 04:13 AM
Between all the pokemon games I have, I must have logged a few hundred hours. In Diamond alone I have more than 100 hours.

Avilan the Grey
2011-03-19, 04:14 AM
It's either a tie, or a clear winner depending on if we count every Sims game as an individual game or not.

It's a tie between Sims 1 and Baldur's Gate 2.

Unless, as I said, you count all Sims games as one, in which case Sims (X) is where I have spent most time.

Ogremindes
2011-03-19, 04:19 AM
Discworld MUD at 230 days, 12 hours, 17 minutes and 35 seconds play time on my main (the game conveniently gives me this info). Plus maybe 15-20 days on my alts (who've all timed out) collectively.

Do I win?

Arcanoi
2011-03-19, 04:45 AM
I can't say exactly how many hours I played, but I could place a conservative estimate for my total time playing Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne at 5000 hours.

I am not proud of this. :smallfrown:

Eloel
2011-03-19, 06:18 AM
Ooh, shiny question. It might be worth noting that I game. Alot.

Puzzle Pirates is firmly in control with 6k+ hours into it.
Heroes of Might and Magic takes 2nd place with 4k+ hours total.
Age of Empires 2, The Sims (all series totalled), Half-Life (Counter Strike included), Worms (all series), Roller Coaster Tycoon (all series) and Navyfield are easily above 2k hours each.

Then there are dozens of games with 100s of hours into them that I won't bother listing.

Kurgan
2011-03-19, 06:27 AM
I have logged way too much time on Europa Universalis III. Every few months I break the game out and build the greatest empire in the world. Considering that an individual game can take tens of hours, and looking at my long list of saves, I'd say I've logged a few hundred hours into that game.

With Pokemon, I think I have logged in a good 3-400 hours between Diamond, Heart Gold and White. I think 200+ of that was with Gold.

Star Wars Rebellion: every year or two I break this out and put in 5-10 hours. Not much, but combined, it is quite a bit. Plus the first year or two I had it I logged in much more time.

Really, most games I have I've played entirely too much. Every year or two I get an itch to break out an old game and run with it, and will log large chunks of time depending on the game. Funny thing though: I almost never finish a game. Strategy games especially I get bored after I have obviously won, and so drop that specific playthrough after that happens for another round.

potatocubed
2011-03-19, 06:38 AM
At a guess, I would say City of Heroes. MMOs are designed to be time sinks, though, so I'm not sure they should count.

I've logged a couple of hundred hours on TF2, Pokemon Diamond, and FFTA2, and I've played BG2 through three times so that probably adds up to a few hundred hours as well - but I think the game that has eaten more of my time than any other is Neverwinter Nights 1.

Yes, between the three campaigns (and replays thereof) and the eleventy-billion modules, I reckon I've clocked more time in that game than any other.

dsmiles
2011-03-19, 07:48 AM
Master of Magic, hands down. I probably have a couple thousand hours on that one. As a matter of fact, I'll be leaving now to finish up a game I started last week. :smallcool:

NeonBlack
2011-03-19, 09:56 AM
The Championship Manager/Football Manager series wins for me hands down. Counting only the 2009, 2010 and 2011 editions I have around 2400 clocked hours. It helps that it's the perfect game to have working on the background while doing something else.

Angband and variants (mostly ToME) are probably in second place, with Civ2, Tie Fighter and Master of Magic fighting for third place.

The Dark Fiddler
2011-03-19, 10:02 AM
Between all the pokemon games I have, I must have logged a few hundred hours. In Diamond alone I have more than 100 hours.

I must agree here. Pokemon was my first video game, and I've only stayed with the series even more as it progresses. It's a bit hard to say how many hours I've put in, over the past eleven years, but I can say I've played every game several times through (with the exception being the newest one). The Nuzlocke challenge has only extended my playtime, sending me back to games I've since passed from.

toasty
2011-03-19, 10:23 AM
League of Legends. I played a reasonable amount in High School when I didn't have any time because high school is an inefficient way of learning. I think I spent 2-3 hours a day playing League of Legends last semester. That's average, because I spent more on time playing it on the weekends.

And mind you, before League of Legends, I was playing DotA, which is basically the prequel to league of legends.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-19, 12:53 PM
Pokemon probably. At least 1000 hours if I take all my games. If that doesn't count, Pokemon Platinum has around 300 hours. Maybe WoW, which I became addicted to last Summer. I was playing around 10-12 hours a day for about 2 months, maybe more.

EDIT: So I'm going to average that to about 780 hours.

Gamerlord
2011-03-19, 01:01 PM
A tie between civ IV and HoMM III.

Triaxx
2011-03-19, 05:41 PM
Total Annihilation. I don't have an exact count, but I played until the Disc broke. Then played more while I waited for another disc, using a no-cd crack, then played for hours and more hours.

Cause it was AWESOME. Still is.

warty goblin
2011-03-19, 10:25 PM
Possibly Caeser III back in the day when it was the only game I had.

Star Wars Battlefront II is another strong contender. I suspect however that it loses out to Enemy Territory: Quake Wars. I played the demo of that game for probably as many hours as I put into a lot of other games, and I played it even more after I got the other 11/12ths of the thing.

The bloody amazing thing is I'm still playing it off and on - against the bots no less. At the end of the day I've never found anything else that requires ETQW's combination of strategy, tactics, pure twitch gunplay and the need to balance all of the above.

There's a very good chance Brink will take over my entire existence in two months.

Brother Oni
2011-03-20, 08:38 AM
Eve Online here. My account was active for over 5 years so theoretically speaking, I've clocked up over 43K hours due to the way the skill system works. :smalltongue:

Non-MMO wise... probably League of Legends at around 500hrs, edging out the Final Fantasy series.

Martok
2011-03-22, 01:46 AM
For me, it would have to be Shogun Total War, Medieval Total War, and Birth of the Federation. I've easily invested over 1000 hours into each of those three games.

~Nye~
2011-03-22, 05:40 PM
In terms of play time I've played Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 plenty of times, thats game is the main reason i play D&D. I bet that caused many people to become tabletop Gamers.

I've probably completed final fantasy 7 atleast 10 times. First time through I had a french copy, it took me a while to translate a certain number of phrases. This was an awesome experience because City names or character names because they were often in caps. Also it's CLAD Strife not Cloud... First time through I spent 127 hours. My most recent game was somthing closer to the 45 hour mark (Mind you that's with limit break and materia mastery). For charity I completed Final fantasy 7 without saving it. it took me 2 days and alot of coffee and I made £400!

Grandia is a game close to my heart, I have a 100% completely perfect game on that, I've even beaten the game by doing solo character runs (Sue on the first Disc then swapped skills over to Justin on the 2nd.) Probaby spent like 400 hours on that.

World Of Warcraft I have speant easily 1000s of hours since Vanilla. I used to be a raid leader and I was hitting C'thun in AQ 40 weekly. We didn't have enough dedicated players to grind rep for Naxx.

Currently playing Final Fantasy Dissidia and eagerly anticipating the prequal, I currently have 300hrs. Play time on that. I could name other Playstation RPGs and the other multiple run throughs of final fantasy 1 through to 9... Don't mention 10-14... My eyes will bleed.

Gorgondantess
2011-03-22, 08:46 PM
Well, Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Spelunky and Crawl are all games that I play that I've sunk several hundred hours into each. But, hey, these are Bethesda and Roguelike games, so there you go.
I probably would've spent even more time on Spelunky, but I'm TERRIBLE at it. I've only gotten beyond floor 8 twice. >.<
Other than that, I've played through Pokemon: Red version dozens of times (as it was the first non-educational game I owned and I'm still playing it today), and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow Over Chernobyl I've probably played through 10 or so times. Since several of those playthroughs were at least 60 or so hours, I'd say I've played it as much as I have Oblivion or Spelunky, maybe Crawl. Not Morrowind or Fallout 3, though.
Oh, and I've spent a LOT of time on Heroes of Might & Magic IV, though I haven't picked it up in a while. Still, I'd call it 500 or so hours.
Honorable mentions to KotOR, KotOR II, Jade Empire, Cavestory, Fire Emblem: Blazing Swords, Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones, Fallout: New Vegas, Majora's Mask, Metroid: Fusion, Heroes of Might and Magic II and Planescape: Torment. Each of these games I've played through at least 3 times and clocked in at least 100 hours on.

Geno9999
2011-03-22, 08:53 PM
Super Smash Bros. Melee & Brawl
That is all.

Illieas
2011-03-22, 08:56 PM
super smash bros melee which i think we hit one of the last achievements possible. we were surprised when the pop up said you have now played 1 game for every cent you paid to play this game. so like 4999 games.

second is world of warcraft because every mmo steal so much of your life.

Shas aia Toriia
2011-03-22, 09:47 PM
As far as what series I've put the most time into, definitely Pokemon, with probably 3000 hours, give or take 500.

If we are talking about one individual game, though, Dawn of War II on which I have about 500 hours, plus about 300 on Dawn of War I

Hawriel
2011-03-23, 12:28 AM
I guess I'll put in in order of most time killed with.

Civilization.

I dont know how many hours I spent on this game. I think I would have a master degree in history at the very least if I devoted this much time to collage. This includes Civ 1 through 4, Alpha centary (and expantion), and the call to power series. A special shout out to stardocks galactic civilization. It has a ship editor. Civ V cured me of this addiction. I hate that version.

Battlefield.

That is Battlefield 2 with all expantions, BF 2142 (I think is the best) with expantion, and now BF Bad Company 2 with some Vietnam segways. IF I devoted this much time trying to be a real soldier I would probly be a real life marine force recon with a train load of toys for tots bad ass. Im thinking 500+ hours for the lot.

Total War

Shogun, medevial (1 and 2), and empire. There is at least a thousand years of constant warfar.

MMO. I cant say one in particular. I generaly stop one then start another. Some times they overlap. EQ, Camelot, AC, COH, champoins, STO ( still playing) LOTR, Warhammer and STW. again convert that into somthing constructive and I own my own gaming company a handfull of game worlds for peaple to play in.

Winterwind
2011-03-23, 04:24 AM
Has to be either WarCraft 3 or StarCraft 1. Not sure which one would have more hours invested, but in either case I'm sure the number is four digit, and not necessarily beginning with a 1, either.

Elder Tsofu
2011-03-23, 12:54 PM
Guild Wars, although it might include quite a bit of "inactive" gaming.

Battleship789
2011-03-23, 08:37 PM
My answer is the same as Winterwind's, StarCraft 1 and WarCraft 3, easily over a 1000 hours each, with the probability of the first digit being over one being very close to 100%.

Popertop
2011-03-24, 12:14 AM
Super Smash Bros. Melee & Brawl
That is all.

You should PM me your friend code.

super smash bros melee which i think we hit one of the last achievements possible. we were surprised when the pop up said you have now played 1 game for every cent you paid to play this game. so like 4999 games.

second is world of warcraft because every mmo steal so much of your life.

And here I thought I was going to be the only one saying this ;)

I also have logged a little bit of time on Smash 64, really hard to find people who still play that.

I still play all three any chance I get.

Next on my list would be Legend of Dragoon I guess, played that game too much. Super nostalgia for me.

psilontech
2011-03-24, 11:19 AM
Steam reports that I have clocked 840 hours playing Team Fortress 2 in the past four years.

The sad thing? I'm certain that Team Fortress 2 is not my most played game.

Winner would be a giant question mark between Starcraft (Played starcraft on battlenet so much on dial-up in my younger years that people thought our phone line was broken and just stopped calling), Civilization II and Master of Orion II.

Forbiddenwar
2011-03-24, 11:20 AM
Minecraft.
At least it is a serious contender.

Karoht
2011-04-01, 11:25 AM
World of Warcraft, Diablo 2, Starcraft 1 and 2, Valkyrie Profile, Final Fantasy X, Super Mario Brothers 3. Also, Descent and X-Wing VS TIE Fighter.

Super Mario 3 deserves special attention, as it was the first game I was ever 'good' at. I was the first kid in my neighborhood to have it, on my eighth birthday. I was the first kid at my school to beat it by several weeks. I had levels memorized pretty solidly. I could play the first 3 levels (not worlds) blindfolded. I had other kids come and ask me how to get through some of the pipe mazes in world 7, and I could literally draw them a map from memory. I probably spent 3 hours a day on that game, for at least 2 years, maybe 3+ even.

Valkyrie Profile, I knew there was an A ending. I had no idea how to get it. It took me 6 playthrough's before I realized what the Seal Rating was and what affected it. It took me another playthrough altogether to figure out the transmutation system and how to turn the unicorn horn into the Unicorn Horn Wand, among other awesome things you could do with that system. I think I finally saw the A ending on playthrough 9 or 10, and then it was on the Seraphic Gate, the secret level AFTER the A ending, which took me another 2 playthroughs to get find all the Fire Gems to get everything so I could actually BEAT the Seraphic Gate's end boss, and one final playthrough to get the best sword in the game, by beating the end boss of the Seraphic Gate 10x (it was repeatable). At 120-160 hours per playthough, that was a lot of time sunk to full clear that game. But man, it was worth it. I mastered all the combos of all the characters in conjunction with other characters. And Brams + Freya + Lenneth + Lezaard, I had those combo's down to the point where I could fight the minibosses in Seraphic Gate blindfolded.

Descent I and II were games I absolutely adored. I wish that game would get a remake or something. Really awesome First Person Shooter + Flight Sim. Instead of 2D mazes, you had 3D mazes, you moved in X, Y, and Z Axis constantly. And you blasted robots and aliens with some really fun weapons.

X-Wing VS TIE Fighter was a game I literally spent 6 hours a day playing after school. For 3 years at minimum. It was the game that I went out and bought a really snazzy pair of Joysticks for (thought Descent greatly benefit from such as well), really tuned up my interface for, constantly configured things for.

As for friends, Janzi spent a lot of time on fighting games. Bloody Roar and Darkstalkers especially. That girl could kick my ass at Bloody Roar using her feet instead of her hands on the controller. And no, not because I was terribad, though I wasn't great either. She beat far better players than me without using her hands. I couldn't count the hours she spent playing the Bloody Roar series.

Jerri was a massive fan of Star Ocean Second Story. She rented it once, then she bought it and didn't play anything else for 2 years. She went after different ending combos, she beat the hard version of the end boss, she did all kinds of things. High replay value as well as she absolutely loved all the characters.

I have friends who are still playing their original cartridges of pokemon red or blue from back in the day. I'm not talking about just on the bus or something, I mean they go home after work, they eat food, they play pokemon.

Miklus
2011-04-03, 05:22 AM
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri/Alien Crossfire. First got it in 1999, and it has been installed on every single computer I've owned since then, and played probably entirely too much. It's the one game I've owned that NEVER gets uninstalled--except when it had some weird conflict with CCleaner once in a while, and then it was uninstalled just long enough to get it reinstalled. :smalltongue:

Nothing since has even come close to keeping my attention like that.

Me too! I even avoid windows 7 because I'm not 100% sure SMAC will work there. I don't even want to think about how many hours I have spent over the years. But the game has taught me things too, about planning and strategy.

JabberwockySupafly
2011-04-03, 10:01 AM
Monster Hunter, easily. Counting the entire franchise from MH1 up to Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (just when I think I'm out, damn you Capcom, you pull me back in!) I've clocked close to 3,000 (yes, THOUSAND) hours into the series. Monster Hunter Portable 2 (Monster Hunter Freedom 2 for the English speaking world) would be the one from that series played most, around 750 hours.

If you'd rather one single game, then it'd be Diablo II:LoD at somewhere close to 2,000 hours both on and offline and technically still counting, seeing as The Missus and I still play LAN every so often.

C-Lam
2011-04-03, 12:09 PM
Definitively World of Warcraft. Although I don't play so much nowadays, but I used to play a lot for about half a year ago. And since I still play it now, but not so much, its still the game I have played longest.

Hyudra
2011-04-03, 12:49 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics, here. I bought it in 1998 and have played through it innumerable times since, probably haven't gone three months without picking it up. The nature of the game lends itself to setting the difficulty for yourself - you can easymode it with one team composition or challenge yourself with another. For a fresh experience, you can also do a self imposed challenge, like:
Straight Character Challenge: Play through the game with everyone in your party being the same class, using only skills/equipment for that class. Ranges from easy (chemist, samurai) to nigh impossible (mime, calculator).
Pokemon Challenge: Ramza (main character) as a mediator/whatever with Monster Skill as a support ability. Use Invite (10-18% chance target foe joins your team) to capture monsters, breed a party of powerful monsters, play through the game as such.
Solo Ramza Challenge: Play through the game with just Ramza. No party members.
and so on. Level caps are in effect for all of the above, so no leveling to 99 in chapter one. No special characters (as their stats grow differently).

Beyond that, Guild Wars series (~1000 hours over 3.5 years, though I'd note there was likely some afk time there) and Team Fortress 2 (~800 hours since 2007) follow soon after.

Mad Wizard
2011-04-03, 01:13 PM
Well, I certainly played a LOT of World of Warcraft back in the day (I'm now off the warcrack), so I think that would be my #1. After that... probably Warcraft III and League of Legends.

Gadora
2011-04-04, 12:44 AM
I've been playing NetHack, off and on, for about fifteen to twenty years now. Considering that I was born in the same year the game was first made, I'd have to say that's the one I've played the most.

Rustic Dude
2011-04-04, 10:03 AM
Rome Total War, through a bunch of mods(Only 3 Campaigns finished though) followed by NWN2 wonderful Persistant World multiplayer.

ShinyRocks
2011-04-04, 11:02 AM
Definitely WoW, but I like to think it doesn't count because a lot of that time was spent away from the computer while the flightpath did it's thing. And because I spent ages trying to make myself interested in a game I was thoroughly bored of. I've quit now.

Next, Pokemon. I've already got about 100 hours on White. But lots of those were time spent travelling, or spent watching TV and idly EV grinding, or hatching eggs - they weren't my sole focus.

The amount of times I've played through Shining Force and Shining Force 2 has to add up to a LOT.

Also completed Grandia II and Skies of Arcadia several times each.

There hasn't been an RPG I've truly *loved* since the Dreamcast.

Eldonauran
2011-04-04, 11:04 AM
Hmm, hard for me to break it down to most time spent... All the games that I own (every single one of them) has a massive amount of gametime put into it. I don't buy games that have less than 16 hours of playtime, those are weekend renters.

But, a list... Baldur's Gate series, Icewindale series, fallout series (1 thru new vegas), Planescape: Torment, Civilization series (1-5), Pokemon (every generation), Final Fantasy (every one of them), Warcraft (even WoW), Minecraft, Sacred 1 & 2, and the list goes on and on.

Hmm, I'm getting the urge to blow the dust off Baldur's Gate again...

EDIT: Oh, how can I forget Star Ocean (the whole series)? So much time well spent >:)

boj0
2011-04-04, 11:35 AM
Oh man, between Morrowind and Pokemon this will be tough; original Red version easily over 200 hours (with multiple playthroughs), Yellow had a few hundred hours into it, original Gold had over 400 hours on a single file and hundreds of hours on subsequent ones, Crystal had around 500 all told, 3rd Gen was kind weak Emerald had about 150 and Fire Red maybe the same, Diamond had about 200 hours, Platinum easily went over 300, Heart Gold went well into 350+ and now I'm on Black, starting off with a modest (+SpAt -At) 30 hours right now.

The scary thing? Between Morrowind and Oblivion (the reason Gen 3 was so weak for Pokemon hours) I've surpassed all my Pokemon games combined

Archonic Energy
2011-04-05, 10:00 AM
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri/Alien Crossfire.
Probably not, but such a good game!
"Please don't go, the drones need you... they look up to you"

Baldur's Gate 2.

Baldur's Gate 2.
Nearly...

If we exclude MMOs, which are designed to be time sinks and therefore probably shouldn't count, then I'd say X3: Terran Conflict--I've restarted it at least four times and each time my in-game time has been at least 4-5 days (although with the time compression system the game offers that would be somewhat less in real life).
Bingo. since i patched up to the steam version i've clocked nearly 200 Hrs...
before that... i dread to think!

Supreme Commander and Supreme Commander Forged Alliance are up there, especially with the mods (Oh BOU, how I love thee).
X (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_%28game_series%29) are also very high up there.
With SC / FA being my most played multiplayer game.
oh and what is "BOU" i play vanilia FA with my sis's BF... is it bananced for MP?

Castaras
2011-04-05, 02:01 PM
Anarchy Online. Man, that game was awesome. Met some amazing people which I'm still good friends with now (and play other games with :smallbiggrin:).

Triscuitable
2011-04-05, 07:46 PM
Anarchy Online. Man, that game was awesome. Met some amazing people which I'm still good friends with now (and play other games with :smallbiggrin:).

Is that the MMO where everyone is competing to be the leader over their server? Or is that Arch-something Online? I played the game I'm remembering, and sunk maybe 50 hours into it. Jeez... I never got to the "Archlord" (THAT WAS IT! Or was it?) status, because those guys were always at the cap, and had the best armor every time. All of them looked the same because of that. They had to be logged in almost everyday, or they'd be "overthrown", and the next player ascends. You'd have to challenge this guy. Cool game. It was pay-to-play, but it failed at that, so it went free. I'll post a link here soon if you guys have interest.

Castaras
2011-04-06, 03:02 PM
Is that the MMO where everyone is competing to be the leader over their server? Or is that Arch-something Online? I played the game I'm remembering, and sunk maybe 50 hours into it. Jeez... I never got to the "Archlord" (THAT WAS IT! Or was it?) status, because those guys were always at the cap, and had the best armor every time. All of them looked the same because of that. They had to be logged in almost everyday, or they'd be "overthrown", and the next player ascends. You'd have to challenge this guy. Cool game. It was pay-to-play, but it failed at that, so it went free. I'll post a link here soon if you guys have interest.

Nah, that sounds like a different game. Anarchy Online was a sci-fi game with 3 factions - Clan, Omni-tek, and neutral. :)

Triscuitable
2011-04-06, 04:41 PM
*Clears throat*

NEW SERIOUS QUESTION IS UP NOW!

Eldariel
2011-04-06, 04:49 PM
All of the below:
- Various NES games; it's been too long but Super Mario Bros, SMBII, SMBIII, Blaster Master, World Cup, TMNT2, Lolo 3; I've spent like 5 years of my life playing those games a ton. It'd be hundreds of hours per game.
- Tie Fighter: Way back then, this was the only PC game I played. And boy, did I ever play it. Grinded all the secret objectives except that one damn objective in the mission with Protector where you have to destroy the whole Alpha-wing but it just keeps spawning and spawning and spawning; dunno how many waves you'd have to kill.
- Chrono Trigger: I finished the game over 30 times, and it's the only RPG in which I've ever grinded max everything. Don't know how much time I sunk into it but it's a lot
- Civilization 2: First Civ I reached Deity-level on, I've spent hundreds of hours here.
- Civilization 4: Same deal as with Civ 2; I got into it years after its release but boy did I play it a lot after that. Hundreds and hundreds of games, scenarios, mods, all that.
- Starcraft: Brood War; again, started years after the game premiered and then spent like 6 years playing it almost all my gaming time.
- League of Legends: Just recently, I've just played this game too much clocking in at way over 1000 games with average duration of 30 mins or like 500 hours.

Lol, am I like 5 mins late? ._.

Lord Seth
2011-04-06, 08:48 PM
The Lands of Aethar
Achaea, Dreams of Divine Lands
Escape Velocity: Override
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
NetHack

Triscuitable
2011-04-08, 02:51 PM
The Lands of Aethar
Achaea, Dreams of Divine Lands
Escape Velocity: Override
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
NetHack

Sonic Adventure 2? Did you suddenly start hearing the theme of Shadow's first act in your head during track meet? (It is a great song!)

This is the MMO is was referring to earlier. Good game, sadly has been acquired by a company that love to exploit micro transactions. (http://archlord.webzen.com/Default.aspx)

RPharazon
2011-04-08, 03:29 PM
Oblivion - Vanilla 360 Version: 500+ hours
Oblivion - Modded As **** PC Version: 70+ hours
Fallout 3 - GOTY 360 Version: 400+ hours
Morrowind - Modded As **** PC Version: 300+ hours
Flight Simulator 2004 - 300+ hours
Team Fortress 2 - 300+ hours
Rome: Total War - 200+ hours
Tribes 2 - 200+ hours
Tribes 1 - 150+ hours
Halo 3 - 150+ hours
(Just as a comparison, I have 115.6 hours of flight time.)
Arsenal of Democracy - 70+ hours
Europa Universalis III - 60+ hours
Below that it gets a bit muddled and/or ancient.